**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

T1As, where are they at?

Comments

• Options
    DalBot wrote: »
    Event Quests
    Greater Solo Crystals
    Arena
    AQ Crystals
    Glory Store
    Valor Store (November)

They're there.

Event quests (5 per month)
    Arena (have to spend 10K BC just to get a shot to get 1)
    AQ crystals (irrelevant to people who do Map 5/6)
    Glory Store (enough to MAYBE get 4/week if you don't use Glory on anything else at all, including T4B/C or T2A shards)
    Valor Store (a temporary 1 month thing)

Oh but please lecture us on how this is plenty to rank up multiple champs multiple ranks on a regular basis..

Great and accurate post. I find most people from the "there's plenty of t1a" camp don't actually rank up champs or have absolutely no clue what they're talking about... As evidenced by this thread. T1a is a ridiculous bottleneck and it seems like it's been designed to be that. The way the costs jump in the glory store is beyond aggravating. The amount you need to rank up champs is just plain dumb. Keep bringing this up until we get an actual answer. Nobody is crying for free stuff, we simply want a way to acquire it that doesn't have either ridiculous limitations or a necessity to drop maps and halt our progression.
  • Options
    That's like lower ranked players complaining about no t4cc and t4b and what would you guys tells us "do map 5/6 and you won't have that issue"
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    for other commenters here to say it isn't t1as for me
    That’s in your head man. Find anyone saying t1a is not your bottleneck.
    (I've only ever said that for my style of play and goals that t1as is my bottleneck)
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Event Quests
    Greater Solo Crystals
    Arena
    AQ Crystals
    Glory Store
    Valor Store (November)

They're there.

Event quests (5 per month)
    Arena (have to spend 10K BC just to get a shot to get 1)
    AQ crystals (irrelevant to people who do Map 5/6)
    Glory Store (enough to MAYBE get 4/week if you don't use Glory on anything else at all, including T4B/C or T2A shards)
    Valor Store (a temporary 1 month thing)

Oh but please lecture us on how this is plenty to rank up multiple champs multiple ranks on a regular basis..

Great and accurate post. I find most people from the "there's plenty of t1a" camp don't actually rank up champs or have absolutely no clue what they're talking about... As evidenced by this thread. T1a is a ridiculous bottleneck and it seems like it's been designed to be that. The way the costs jump in the glory store is beyond aggravating. The amount you need to rank up champs is just plain dumb. Keep bringing this up until we get an actual answer. Nobody is crying for free stuff, we simply want a way to acquire it that doesn't have either ridiculous limitations or a necessity to drop maps and halt our progression.
    It’s a post that should be disregarded by anyone who can count past 10. People have clearly demonstrated how you can get enough alphas to rank a 5* a week; which BTW is a faster intake than you can earn t4b or t4c if you are ranking those 5s beyond rank 2. So if you have that mythical excess t4b you can burn it well before it expires.

If you maximize your intake in a t4c alliance you can rank one every 5 days on average. That’s not a shortage as you cannot even earn 5* that fast.

The limitations are in line with or exceed the rate you can acquire 5* without the need to drop to map3. Your shortage is poor management or lack of game play simple fact. Keep lying to yourself and the community, you’re apparently very comfortable with it.

• Options
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Also, yall gotta stop getting sucked in by the propagandists.
    Yeah, those propagandists who use actual math, acquisition rates, and evidence it for people to review so they can make their own conclusions. Because the ones being deceptive, misrepresenting the facts, arguing from emotion, and flat out being dishonest can in no way be the propagandists. It’s post like yours that encourage me to pour myself a cup of bleach for breakfast.
  • Options
    Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    edited December 2017
    Coat, you can't actually win the argument saying that T1A pace is on-par with T4C acquisition. Your math does not support.

If that were the case, then there wouldn't be so many people hoarding all T4C type crystals.

• Options
    Coat, you can't actually win the argument saying that T1A pace is on-par with T4C acquisition. Your math does not support.

If that were the case, then there wouldn't be so many people hoarding all T4C type crystals.
    It lines up with acquisition rates when looking at all materials required to rank not just t4c as t4b is also a factor.
    Cost to r3 a 5 from Scratch is 3t4c, 6 t4b and 10 t1a. A t4c alliance earns 1 t4c, 2 t4b and more than enough glory for 3.3 t1a per cycle. Over the period or time it takes to earn that 3 t4c you’ve also earned exactly the t4b and alpahs. Pretty simple.

You want to make the argument that there is too much t4c available? You do not need to it’s self evident. Again a surplus of t4c does equal a deficit in any other resource.
  • Options
    SamMarquezSamMarquez Posts: 213
    My inventory is overflowing with ti alphas.
  • Options
    You guys have many options and the you guys aren't even using the main resource to get t1a it's your choice so stop complaining and do what you have to do sinxe you want them so bad
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Could a simpler partial solution to all of this be simply higher capacity to carry T1A's? It has been brought up in the forums before.Then you can justifiably hoard more of them anticipating your next ranks ups and not feel pressured to use them before you get them overflowing and expiring. Also it would let you adjust your focus and gameplay as needed for life and alliance needs etc.
    When you are talking about using resources properly, at least in real life, you can set aside what assets you want and in the amount you want until you decide to use them in many cases. Part of using resources properly is also the proper ability to save them for something later.
    T1A's are hard to do that with. At least for me I guess. A larger non-expiring capacity would help.
    All items for that matter.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    I just took my 5* Ultron to r3 from r1. Now I'm out of alphas again but I have the cats to rank up 2 more 5* from 1-3 or 3 4* from 4 to 5. The problem is I don't have the alphas. I like to rank in groups of 3 for arena, but it's hard to keep up when alphas don't come around as much as needed. I do every alpha and cat arena, all events, bought the quota of alphas with valor and used my glory to buy them as well.

I don't understand why we are supposed to be satisfied with one rank up every 2 weeks. If there was a proving ground for alphas it surely wouldn't break the game, and neither would adding shards to map 5 crystals.

Considering alphas are needed to bring 4* to r3 upwards, it only makes sense to make them more available. All other rank up materials have at least a way to farm shards. Dropping to map 3 isn't an option either because doing that would make t4b the bottleneck. It's not like we are going to max out our rosters with a slight increase in availability, but it is frustrating to see resources in stash with a timer on then knowing that as soon as the next months quest starts you have to blast through it to prevent stuff from expiring.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Could a simpler partial solution to all of this be simply higher capacity to carry T1A's? It has been brought up in the forums before.Then you can justifiably hoard more of them anticipating your next ranks ups and not feel pressured to use them before you get them overflowing and expiring. Also it would let you adjust your focus and gameplay as needed for life and alliance needs etc.
    When you are talking about using resources properly, at least in real life, you can set aside what assets you want and in the amount you want until you decide to use them in many cases. Part of using resources properly is also the proper ability to save them for something later.
    T1A's are hard to do that with. At least for me I guess. A larger non-expiring capacity would help.
    All items for that matter.

The game is working as intented. It is expected to wait a little to rank up champs.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    CpcBoyboy wrote: »
    funny to read low players comment, yes T1A are in AQ MAP3 but WE top alliance dont do MAP3 only FULL MAP6 , i have gold ,t4b t4c by hundreds but no t1a... all my 5* needed to be at r3 so put t1a on map 5/6 crystals again .... and we dont care on t4c shard crystal when we complete a map6 shoulb be reward like map5 t4b shards or introduce small amount on t1a shards.... 1st time i have so much tb4 because on cybermonday deals only have t4b...no t1a..

Get some with glory then, do the arena and grind events every 3 days. That's 7 a week,

What more do you want?
  • Options
    @CapWW2
    "Working as intended" does not necessarily mean that an update isn't needed.

A great question to ask is when was the last time the storage capacity was updated if ever? It isn't just 3* and 4* champs anymore and with the newer much more dynamic champs coming out as well as 5* and 6* soon, it is more necessary than ever to obtain and rank CERTAIN champs within a month in order to effectively counter those abilities on master content within that month.

A speed limit that hasn't been changed in an old town where it was originally implemented for horses is "working as intended" but should probably be updated for automobiles don't you think?
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 295
    2.5K views, 220 comments. That's all I'll say is required for Kabam to take this to the conference room to discuss what, if anything, should be done about the situation. It will be great to have an acknowledgement of this and let us know: 1) that they are aware of this 2) what they have decided to do about it

Honestly, even if the answer is "we think it's fine and are not going to do anything about it", that would still be okay by me. But it just seems weird that everyone is debating this quite heatedly and yet what's the point if nothing is being done...
  • Options
    @CapWW2

A great question to ask is when was the last time the storage capacity was updated if ever? It isn't just 3* and 4* champs anymore and with the newer much more dynamic champs coming out as well as 5* and 6* soon, it is more necessary than ever to obtain and rank CERTAIN champs within a month in order to effectively counter those abilities on master content within that month.

A speed limit that hasn't been changed in an old town where it was originally implemented for horses is "working as intended" but should probably be updated for automobiles don't you think?

Item capacity has been tied to summoner level.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    @CapWW2

Item capacity has been tied to summoner level.

Which caps at 60 currently. Maybe a good argument for raising the max level cap above 60 with the benefit of higher storage capacity being still tied to summoner level. hmm.
  • Options
    Tempest wrote: »
    2.5K views, 220 comments. That's all I'll say is required for Kabam to take this to the conference room to discuss what, if anything, should be done about the situation. It will be great to have an acknowledgement of this and let us know: 1) that they are aware of this 2) what they have decided to do about it

Honestly, even if the answer is "we think it's fine and are not going to do anything about it", that would still be okay by me. But it just seems weird that everyone is debating this quite heatedly and yet what's the point if nothing is being done...
    They've made periodic adjustments. Most recently in the form of glory and this month adding an additional t1a to master EQ.

If I were to guess on what they would say it would be along the lines of “resource management is an aspect of the game as is ranking up champions. However for the longevity and health of the contest we cannot simply accommodate allowing players to rank up champions faster than they are released at the rate of two a month. It is important to us that summoners carefully consider their rank up choices and where they spend available resources.”
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    Another day, more deals, still no T1A despite offering LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE.

But CoatHang3r and his buddies will continue to rail on...
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    So now they're selling more of all rank up materials EXCEPT t1A. This is an absolute joke Kabam.
  • Options
    Yeah wasn’t even going to waste my time with it but it was saved to drafts and tacked onto my reply to someone else. Anyways how exactly is getting t4b lucky in crystals a problem for t1a when you can use those t4b on a 4/40 if you can’t stand to let them expire? You can also use them on a 5/50 which will likely have better prestige and viability than most of you 5* roster. If anything each t4b lets you buy 2 more alphas with glory in the future.
  • Options
    RB6942RB6942 Posts: 72
    All they are doing is driving up the demand and the thirst for t1 alphas...and I’m sure soon they will have some overpriced deal that a bunch of people will jump on. It’s kinda smart, but really ignorant.. especially with all of the complaining about the lack of t1 alphas the last few months and never once a comment from a mod about it.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Another day, more deals, still no T1A despite offering LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE.

IKR it’s as if Kabam is sayin your t1a availability is right where they want it to be. Or maybe they have other things in the pipeline for it. Who knows but I’m sure you’ll keep us updated on how you are not taking advantage of all sources of t1a to rank 3/45s regularly.
    Or maybe the last time they offered a t1a package the player base didn’t take advantage of it because they get enough of it already which led Kabam to not bother with a daily card. So many possibilities.
  • Options
    DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★

IKR it’s as if Kabam is sayin your t1a availability is right where they want it to be. Or maybe they have other things in the pipeline for it. Who knows but I’m sure you’ll keep us updated on how you are not taking advantage of all sources of t1a to rank 3/45s regularly.

So, in other words, "rabble rabble Kabam knows best and their players concerns are meritless"

It's getting more and more tired every day.
  • Options
    Either they planned this out to drive a demand for t1a or they really are out of touch. Why flood us with so many t4 offers that we can't even use. I saw the newest deal in my notifications then opened the app to find out it had no alphas.
  • Options
    I guess it's impossible to do lower maps in alliance quest nothing to complain about if you really want them do what you gotta do
  • Options

So, in other words, "rabble rabble Kabam knows best and their players concerns are meritless"

It's getting more and more tired every day.
    Pretty much, Kabam did design the game, has an idea of how fast they want players to progress and also has all the data on ranks ups and material acquisition.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Yeah to be fair, @CoatHang3r I think I skim read and took a few of your earlier comments more personally than they really were, i thought when you just said 'it's all in your head' you were referring to my point that alphas were my bottleneck. When you were actually doing the opposite. your comments are reasonable. I guess my issue is it really does seem like a drag to waste so much of my glory on alphas at this stage in my game. when there are other resources in there I would much rather be buying, such as t2as and admittedly potions for war
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    RB6942 wrote: »
    All they are doing is driving up the demand and the thirst for t1 alphas...and I’m sure soon they will have some overpriced deal that a bunch of people will jump on. It’s kinda smart, but really ignorant.. especially with all of the complaining about the lack of t1 alphas the last few months and never once a comment from a mod about it.
    Yeah they kinda just tossed an extra t1a into master EQ, increased glory and kept the alpha price for valor low so people would have more alphas. F them for doing something rather than saying something. Bastards.
  • Options
    I guess it's impossible to do lower maps in alliance quest nothing to complain about if you really want them do what you gotta do

That's not going to make much of a difference for people who are using glory to get alpha now. The point is these recent deals haven't been properly balanced. Maybe that's the problem, but I'm still always low on alphas compared to previous seasons of aq. In a way it's a good thing to be loaded with all the class cats you need and to be able to ear mark them for the champs you want and spend time grinding for, but at the same time there should have been more consideration given when they made the recent offers to also include some alphas.
This discussion has been closed.