**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

T1As, where are they at?

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    So expiring t4cs make more sense to you guys than kabam making a few more t1as available to those who are doing everything else they can to get them? everything else seems to be available via progression in the game, t1as are illogically imbalanced
    And all I said was that anyone that would be disappointed at alphas being made slightly more available is being a ****, if that would actually make you disappointed then maybe you have to ask yourself... cos we already know
    And sorry for the delay **** features I was too busy picking one of my kids up from daycare,(millennial wtf?) your blubber about r3ing and r4ing made zero sense, I have every god tier 4* R5d that I need (minus gwenpool) and don't really want to rank any more 4*s up, every 3* I have is ranked up as is every 2* except for this months calendar rewards, the issue I have. As I have pointed out several times. is not a need to rank more, but that I see a wierd imbalance in the game that many people keep bringing up. Seems obvious that kabam are ignoring it. possibly to bing balance to the game but the ratio of alphas needed to rank 5*s which is where I am at in the game to any level requires more alphas in ratio to other items than are available In the game in ratio, and as I have stated several times I earn every alpha that I can in the game and buy them with most of my glory. 4*s are not the future, 5*s are so why make every other resource available by working hard, except for t1as
  • To get back on topic. The point of this thread is that with Black Friday, Cyber Monday and not 5.4 there is a huge lack of t1a compaired to the t4b.

Black Friday offered 4 t1a and 6 t4b
    Cyber Monday offered 0 t1a and 11 t4b
    Cyber Monday Claendar offered 0 t1a and 1 t4b
    Act 5.4 offers 0 t1a and 5 t4b

That's 4 t1a vs 23 t4b. With those deals/rewards alone you can't rank a single 5* champ to any level. There is no reason to complete neglect one of the main rank up materials.

If that was the sole point of the thread, I would say there's no specific reason to compare what's offered for sale because what's offered for sale isn't intended to be internally balanced nor is there any good reason for it to be. And more importantly, you do not address resource cost imbalances with sales. And I don't buy the "better that than nothing" argument.

The question seemed to evolve towards are they available enough given the costs, and I believe the best answer to that question is: the costs themselves are wrong, so its not a good idea to adjust availability to match costs.

The math tells me they are not as constrained as some people suggest they are, and the numbers don't seem to be consistent with people saying they use every possible avenue to get them and don't rank many things up and are still short. That's just not mathematically possible.

The costs are still unbalanced though. Just not I believe to that extreme degree.
    I would suggest The costs and availability are perfectly balanced for 4*s, 5*s however have a very different ratio of alphas to t4bs and t4cs and that ratio is not consistent with availability in game, I think ragamuffin actually was referring to a different thread which was very similar to this one, but started with someone pointing out the ratio of alphas to other reward rewards offered on Friday and Monday proved that kabam weren't listening to their players, the op on this topic I think was suggesting alphas in map 5 crystals, I can understand some people not seeing that as a perfect solution, but it does seem strange to not have alphas in map 5 crystals when the people running map 5s would from public opinion seem to be the people who need more t1as, there are better solutions but kabam seem to be happily ignoring the topic, I guess they are seeing this as a way for the new guys to catch-up to the whales faster as the whales have been somewhat slowed down by this bottleneck resource, (or gold as some people are pointing out)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Reason being, 5*s aren't 4*s, and aren't really meant to be Ranked as fast. It's not really directed at any demographic. Resources are calculated and regulated based on a certain projected progression. Now, perhaps it could be looked at again since the conditions have changed from when 5*s were introduced. Perhaps not. There is an increased drive since the announcement of 6*s to build 5* Rosters, and there is a difference between WANTING faster T1As, and a design flaw. One could argue that the demands are higher the higher you go. One could also counter that with the fact that progression slows the higher you go, which is common with many games. Fact is, there are Alphas in the game, and 5*s are supposed to take longer to Rank than 4*s.
  • JamesMJamesM Posts: 133
    Grounded wisdom, I think you nailed the frustration. They are intentionally slowing the progression for ranking 5*s. Those that are ranking 5*s are mostly arena grinders and are the ones that are complaining. I don't need to ranks as many 5*s as I do/have but the more I have, the less time I have to spend in arena. I don't agree though that they are actually limiting overall progression which is ranking your top champs, those not understanding the frustration must not be arena grinders, plain and simple. Because you don't understand why people need to rank more 5*s doesn't make it a valid argument. Those that are active and get every t1a available shouldn't have a bottle neck in t1a or t4b at this point in the game. Kabaam owned up to that recently when they reduced the cost of t4b. Still don't understand why they haven't for t1as.
    To be clear, I wasn't implying that they're limiting anyone specifically. Just that Resources are calculated and planned according to rates of growth. That is my view. I don't see it as holding anyone back. Simply that Resources are accounted for.
    Your arguments are full of holes and even Kabaam has made statements that counter your arguments as I referred to in my last post. The glory store was a step in the right direction since it allowed players to choose the resource they need most. They just need to go a step further, decrease the cost of the 4th and 5th t1a and maybe another 1 or 2 weekly like t4b in the rank rewards. The resources should be balanced for most players naturally and those that need/want more t1a should be able to get the ones they need in the glory store, we arent there wirh t1a based on all the feedback. I think t4b has become balanced recently.
    Those that are saying to don't open map crystals are just being simple. Would you tell someone who worked overtime or a second job that they can refrain from spending the extra money they earned because there is a cap on how much they can spend each week. That is by no means a solution but a bandaid till they fix the problem, stop saying that.
    edited November 2017
    There are no holes in my comment. I stated my view. I'm not sure what comment from them you're referring to, but I'm sure they never stated they were intentionally slowing down the Ranking of 5*s. The truth is, T1As are present in the game. They made T4B more available, somewhat. However, Alphas are in the Glory Store, for a small cost. We can't really call it a bottleneck when there is a ready supply available. There's just not enough to Rank 5*s as fast as 4*s.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Reason being, 5*s aren't 4*s, and aren't really meant to be Ranked as fast. It's not really directed at any demographic. Resources are calculated and regulated based on a certain projected progression. Now, perhaps it could be looked at again since the conditions have changed from when 5*s were introduced. Perhaps not. There is an increased drive since the announcement of 6*s to build 5* Rosters, and there is a difference between WANTING faster T1As, and a design flaw. One could argue that the demands are higher the higher you go. One could also counter that with the fact that progression slows the higher you go, which is common with many games. Fact is, there are Alphas in the game, and 5*s are supposed to take longer to Rank than 4*s.

Exactly, people should wait for the rank ups, just because you get a champ right away you must go to the process of collecting the resources. Dont open T4CC until you Get the rest of the stuff you need to rank is that simple.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Interesting topic.

So if Kabam increases T1A availability, the next shortage will be.. T4B. Then T4B will be asked to be increased, if allowed, will cause champs to not come in as fast as the upgrade resources. The next cry will be about shard intake, followed by T4CC being used too fast, then T1A, then T4B.. Goes one big circle.

Managing resources is part of the game. It's not perfectly balanced, and it will never be. Different categories of players have different walls to overcome and different resources in shortages.

Also, there's no rush to R2/3 ALL your 5*s. I would say the main reason why people feel that there is this T1A crunch now is due to the expansion of the basic pool, where every 5* you pull is new. Compared to before, where there was a much higher chance of duping an existing 5*, hence not requiring the resources to rank them up.

A good balance would be to slightly increase the availability of T1A, perhaps by changing the Sunday Free For All to T1A Event where the exploration rewards is T1A fragments at least.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    T1a availability has been reduced in proportion to t4b & t4c availability. That is the issue. Before this seasons of aq it was the other way around, there were more t1a than anything available.

Everything in the game has been shifted towards a more fast track progression except for the availability of alphas. Look at the increases Monthly EQ rewards, have the alphas in these quests also increased ? Are we still getting alpha shards ? No, we aren't. There is clearly less alpha available when looking at the big picture of all the other resources that are available. T4c availability has increased significantly, as has t4b. There is glory available to use, but as far as rewards are concerned there is a big divide on the increase of the three resources needed to progress. That is the point of this thread; people are trying to let the developers know that they are hitting a bottleneck. It's no different from bottlenecks in the past that they have worked on for us.
    I actually don't disagree with what most of gw said. His was quite a reasonable
    Statement. It's 3am this morning and I am checking into the game, that's how much I play, I have been in every pool in arena in the last 2 years, (with 4*/5* champs) I have played every war in those 2 years available, every aq, I have completed every master event quest since I had a r4 dr strange. I plan months ahead in my ranking, I have my next 3 r4s planned for when I 100% finish 5.4. Like I have 100% finished 5.3.
    I spend most of my glory on alphas and that seems a little strange to me
    I don't feel I'm playing the game wrong, or failing to plan. I'm just pointing out that to anyone playing how I play the game it seems strange that the most basic resource has become the one I have to work the hardest for. I'm not saying it's wrong but it is a bit wierd that after playing for that long, I have had to start doing alpha arena every week for the last few months and spend my glory on t1as, would love to be spending it on t2as, that would make sense to me, t4cs would make sense to me, even t4bs. I realise there will always be a bottleneck resource, it just seems strange that for someone doing everything they can, that it should be the most basic resource
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    I actually don't disagree with what most of gw said. His was quite a reasonable
    Statement. It's 3am this morning and I am checking into the game, that's how much I play, I have been in every pool in arena in the last 2 years, (with 4*/5* champs) I have played every war in those 2 years available, every aq, I have completed every master event quest since I had a r4 dr strange. I plan months ahead in my ranking, I have my next 3 r4s planned for when I 100% finish 5.4. Like I have 100% finished 5.3.
    I spend most of my glory on alphas and that seems a little strange to me
    I don't feel I'm playing the game wrong, or failing to plan. I'm just pointing out that to anyone playing how I play the game it seems strange that the most basic resource has become the one I have to work the hardest for. I'm not saying it's wrong but it is a bit wierd that after playing for that long, I have had to start doing alpha arena every week for the last few months and spend my glory on t1as, would love to be spending it on t2as, that would make sense to me, t4cs would make sense to me, even t4bs. I realise there will always be a bottleneck resource, it just seems strange that for someone doing everything they can, that it should be the most basic resource

Bro you want to rank every single champ. Dont open T4cc. Wait to get alphas and T4B expiring then rank up. You must have to leave some T4cc expired if you are ranking specific champs. Why dont you get this?
    A large part of the community is saying it is imbalanced, not for the lack of getting what is available. If the bottleneck becomes t4b that is more palatable since it should be a more rare item, if it becomes T4cc then that would be understandable since it is currently the 2nd rarerest item. The 4th rarest and soon to be 5th should not be limited by and veteran active player, period. And I repeat stop saying hold off on opening crystals till you have the other resources. It's like a patient telling a doctor that they have a nagging pain in their knee, the doctor can fix it easily for cheap but says you don't really need to run or exercise and it will get better in a few years so we won't fix it. Nonsensical argumwnt for an item that is the 4th rarest.
  • JamesM wrote: »
    Those that are saying to don't open map crystals are just being simple. Would you tell someone who worked overtime or a second job that they can refrain from spending the extra money they earned because there is a cap on how much they can spend each week. That is by no means a solution but a bandaid till they fix the problem, stop saying that.

Lmao your logic is flawed your comparing a game to real life GTFO of course it would matter in real life that's how you make a living this is a game it won't kill you or set you back in "real life"
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Hey guys this discussion has just been regurgitated for the 50th time and you'll see the same arguments about 2 subjects up in the main feed, clearly this question keeps being asked and clearly kabam keep ignoring it, they are obviously trying to slow down rankups for some reason, I understand for r4s but not sure why an r2 and r3 of a 5* have always required so many alphas then they decided to make alphas less available to map5 players, this discusssion has been around so long and so ignored by kabam that clearly they are aware and clearly they are ignoring it
    They haven’t reduced t1a availability that’s a misconception. They have given you the option of purchasing it with glory or using your glory for something else. People are apparently really bad with managing resources, shocking.

They used to be in map 5 crystals and now they're gone. I'm in a similar situation as the OP.

I remember when i used to complain that i didn't have enough alphas when i was getting a lot of 4*. Then there was a time when i had too many alphas when 5* were just coming out. The endgame players, Act 5 & LOL specifically, and higher tier wars players need higher ranked 5*. Therefore, there should be some more availability.
    Hey guys this discussion has just been regurgitated for the 50th time and you'll see the same arguments about 2 subjects up in the main feed, clearly this question keeps being asked and clearly kabam keep ignoring it, they are obviously trying to slow down rankups for some reason, I understand for r4s but not sure why an r2 and r3 of a 5* have always required so many alphas then they decided to make alphas less available to map5 players, this discusssion has been around so long and so ignored by kabam that clearly they are aware and clearly they are ignoring it
    They haven’t reduced t1a availability that’s a misconception. They have given you the option of purchasing it with glory or using your glory for something else. People are apparently really bad with managing resources, shocking.

I'm actually very good at managing my resources, and they have been reduced, you are just wrong. Used to get t1 alpha fragments from all sorts of things that don't give them any more. Again, glad you don't have an alpha problem but that doesn't make everyone who does bad at resource management.

Evidence they reduced t1a fragments? There is none because you are making it up. Come off it.

T1a fragments were definitely in map 3 and map 4 crystals last aq season.
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Do you guys really have enough gold to make use of increased T1As if they were made available?

I regularly am at 14 million gold.
    None have made a reasonable argument why the 4th and soon to be 5th rarest leveling item should be a bottleneck for any active veteran player. Worst case scenario, they make T1a farmable and players sell for t2 fragments, it probably wouldn't be worth the time to farm at the t2 frag rate. What is the real issue?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    How about possible solutions?

1. T1A arena - Could give 1 T1A every 800k milestone instead of capping at 1. Multiple milestones.
    2. Fragments available in Every map above the ones that offer it. If map 3 gives T1A then so should 4,5,6.
    3. Expert Proving grounds explore could give T1A shards.
    4. You might not like this but selling champs could give them.
    5. Sunday arenas are practically useless currently. How about gold and Alpha arena milestones all day?
    6. Add more to Monthly Quests. Normal 1. Expert 3. Master 6. I noticed they did add more T4BC this month.

any others?
    Another option is make the class catalyst arena have a midpoint milestone for t1a. Add 1 t1a to rank rewards for expert tier AQ. 3rd reduce glory cost of 3rd to 5th t1as.
    Game is working fine. Wait for your resources. Dont rank every single champ.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Game is working fine. Wait for your resources. Dont rank every single champ.

That doesn't align with the current iteration of war they forced on us, diversity has become the focal point and we all need more and more champs to satisfy this.
  • Jlw11Jlw11 Posts: 13
    I don't mind resources being unbalanced. It would be impossible to balance resources with players and many different stages. However, I haven't seen a good argument as to why the bottleneck should be at a low resource such as T1A.

As an example, another major bottleneck is T2A's which is completely understandable as these are needed at the very highest level of rankups. That's as it should be. I think there should be a logical availability of resources based on rarity. For example, from hardest to attain to the easiest would be in this order: T5B, T2A, T4CC, T4B, T1A, T3CC, etc.

If anything, we should be hearing complaints about lack of T2A or T4CC. That would make sense to me.

• The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    It is most likely purposed to have a bottleneck for every particular point at which a player is at in the game. So that the needed resources can be offered for sale or units by kabam.
    This is why gold crystal are for sale, you get popup sales for resources every time you pull a new champ.
    You finish the t2class quest with only shards and get the popup to buy whole ones. The list goes on.
    Right now I have max t1A and some in stash, enough T4 class cat to upgrade almost any class champ, almost max T4bc after getting some of the BF deals, and I am broke. lol.

No Gold. That is just where I'm at in the game right now.

I can vaguely see myself in the next month or two being in this T1A issue as I am picking up more 5* champs and even a few God Tier 4* that I want to r5 like Blade, Wolvie, Hyperion.
  • BronxHugethBronxHugeth Posts: 36
    If they are going to keep the t1a's under a somewhat limited availability, then increase the stash caps on T4b, t4cc and t2a. Now with the release of 5.4 we're getting some great rewards to rank someone up to r5, but you may have to stash some of those items away until you get all the resources needed.
    Simple fix. don't put a cap/expiration on top level rank up resources. People invested good time and probably money to complete those challenges and earn those rewards. They shouldn't expire.
This discussion has been closed.