A (long format) scrub enters the Necropolis

12346»

Comments

• OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    Thanks @DNA3000 , @MrSakuragi , and @jdschw

Appreciate the perspective. Will give it some further thought, but probably back to NF vs. Doom based on what I read.
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,614 ★★★★
    inspired by @DNA3000

Here's my Necro Completion Guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE65aVL_lH8

All up I used 103 revives.

If an old man like me can do it - anyone should be able to do it!
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    130 for me but I am an actual scrub and old enough that I couldnt see the combo meter on my phone. Im also stupid so I was using my other phone to take a photo of the screen then zooming in.

Apparently, there is something called a screenshot? I'll have to look that up in the Funk & Wagnalls and see if its going to be useful in the future.

Whether the approval of a rando from the internet matters (protip, it doesnt) I've had this thread on a tab open all week and read it before each fight.

Whats the current crypt total?
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,900 ★★★★★

130 for me but I am an actual scrub and old enough that I couldnt see the combo meter on my phone. Im also stupid so I was using my other phone to take a photo of the screen then zooming in.

Apparently, there is something called a screenshot? I'll have to look that up in the Funk & Wagnalls and see if its going to be useful in the future.

Whether the approval of a rando from the internet matters (protip, it doesnt) I've had this thread on a tab open all week and read it before each fight.

Whats the current crypt total?

It was just over 4 million the last update, which was a few days ago
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 772 ★★★
    Thanks DNA, just finished my first and probably only run 144 revives, everyone point and laugh at me, I don't care.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I suppose you could also try to play under one of these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/3X-Large-Full-Page-Magnifier-12-LED-Lights-Provide-Evenly-Lit-Viewing-Area-Foldable-Flip-Out-Legs-Dual-Power-Supply-Modes-Ideal-Hands-Free-Reading-Lo/811810288

I was in a bit of a hurry, so this was not part of my resource farming efforts.
    Oh Lord, when I grow old,please bestow upon me the humour sense displayed by the old timers here and none of their motor impediments. Thanks
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,858 ★★★★★
    Ortoun said:

Thanks DNA, just finished my first and probably only run 144 revives, everyone point and laugh at me, I don't care.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian
    Ortoun said:

This is my thread, and if anyone is going to be laughing at someone's Necropolis revive expenditures, it is going to be mine.

Plus, I beat you with 148.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,858 ★★★★★
    Ortoun said:

Couldn't give you my total before, as I hadn't actually finished till now: 128 revives

Which is not a lot different from 144.

In some ways, I'm surprised I got through with so little; although I did my best to take advantage of the advice of others before me.

This isn't Battlegrounds or War. In this part of the game, you're only competing with yourself, to see if you can do it at all.

Congratulations! You could and you did! 😃