**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Do you agree with Kabam Miike on Quake?

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,051 ★★★★★
    Adjust Quake and reintroduce her
    Rookiie said:

I find it funny when people act like 5 star Quake is even slightly relevant still.

If the choices are actually "adjust the Champ & release at higher rarities" or "never see the Champ used again" the answer to this question is very easy, imo.

Truly baffles me that people would rather forget about her forever than just let Kabam nerf her, I really can't find the logic there.

Appreciate your input @ItsClobberinTime
    Hopefully we can get some justice for Magik & Quake
    Doubt it but I hope so too, I really don't get the logic behind: no nerf let them be forgotten.
    Them fading into obscurity forever > slight nerfs so they can release 6* and 7*... Makes no sense but it is what it is lol.
  • Options
    Greed_ExodusGreed_Exodus Posts: 262 ★★★
    I’ve never liked quakes play style if they changed her kit and she still ended up being a god tier science up there with Titania or hulk and released her as a 6-7* ide be totally on board, still one of my favorite characters from agents of shield
  • Options

I’ve never liked quakes play style if they changed her kit and she still ended up being a god tier science up there with Titania or hulk and released her as a 6-7* ide be totally on board, still one of my favorite characters from agents of shield

She would've most likely been up there with Titania and Hulk, not higher than them but somewhere up there. Miike said she would've been at Ghost level (she's still one of the best in her class) after the nerf so it would've been a slight nerf, nothing too detrimental.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,758 ★★★
    edited March 25
    Leave her as-is and phase her out
    I challenge anyone to quake his or her way through necropolis. 😋
  • Options
    benshb said:

doctorb said:

Everyone keeps saying she's broken and yet I have yet to see a single person complete end game contents (Necropolis, AoE) with her.
    She's not broken.
    Remember, they said the same thing about Wolverine and Scarlett Witch, which was why they hesitated to introduce them as 6* and above.
    Maybe once upon a time Quake was broken but not anymore, and not against enemies with a billion health points.

100% agreed. Champions come and go, I'm starting to use Herc less and less because of other awesome options. Having a quake doesn't mean 1. Everyone would use her, 2. Everyone can use her. Remember when they said scarlet witch is still so op she would break the game, and here we are now releasing her in 7* rarity, with a dupe on the get-go.
    Scarlet Witch is nowhere near as broken as Quake lol not even close. If you're skilled enough Quake is basically immune to damage and won't trigger any defensive abilities because she doesn't need to land any hits to deal damage, additionally any defensive abilities that trigger after the defender throws a special will also never trigger because they won't gain any power the whole fight. There is a huge difference between both.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★

If I were kabam I would release both Magik and Quake as 6 stars and lock them as 7 stars like Herc has been. With heatlpools so high and nodes really challenging I think they're fine as they are.

That’s not an option. They’ve locked Quake at 5-stars, and by voting leave her as-is you’re okay with that. She’s basically going to have 0 relevance going forward.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,575 ★★★★★
    lets see what defenders quake can counter by staying at 100% health, 2023+ edition
    Abs man - yes, no regen as he don't throw specials
    FAM - no, cuz of power detonation
    kindred - idk bout his mechanics
    photon - yes, no power and no unblockable specials
    maestro - no cuz he eventually gets to cosmic radiation
    onslaught - yes, no contact and no power, so no neuroshocks
    bullseye - no, takes damage on evade
    dust - yes, no block or contact so no sand debuffs
    serpent - no, cuz of true focus

so basically she counters 4/9 tough defenders released in last 15 months, and she may counter kindred which makes it 5 out of 9. looks op as a 6* r5 to me.

A point to remember, she can counter all these rewards even better if he is nerfed to apply physical vulnerability.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,507 ★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

Rookiie said:

Could be a way to add a deathless quake into the game with that kit, but there is little no point entirely reworking a character that has been a 5* for so long when there are so many that are already 6/7* in dire need of help.

Magik I want to see the reasoning behind though.

Actually, the situation is dire because Magik and Quake aren’t even 6, 7-stars.
    A 6 or 7-star will still retain some relevance in the game, the two champs mentioned above will not.
    That’s the direction you & Kabam are aligned on anyway.
    So people aren't sat on 7* and 6* versions of dogwater characters. I'd much rather have a 5* usable champion that I can still use in content as late as WoW or AW Showcase than 6/7* that are unusable.

They should focus energy and resources into making the current 6/7* pool viable rather than altering champions that don't need imminent attention.
    And who told you they would be unusable? Miike literally said she would still be at Ghost level after the nerf. The whole point would be to take her from absolutely broken to God tier, you're wrong.
    I don't trust Miike one bit when it comes to guessing power level.
    Remember wolverine, who's using him these days honestly. Yes he's fun. But nowhere game breaking like Miike said years before he was finally released as a 6 star. And look at SW now, he said the same and she's released.

So no I don't think quake would be at ghost level after the nerf, without concussion.
    The main issue is she would go from being able to counter 90% of fights to maybe 10-20% of fights, nodes that directly damage you she could not longer bypass without concussion, debuff shruggers would now shrug the physvuln since it's not a concussion, mighty charge, true strike, power gainers. Unless she got an overhaul she wouldn't be "ghost level" ghost can output massive damage. Quake would basically be HulkLite with the potential to cheese certain fights that honestly wouldn't need cheesing. If you could "new quake" fights they're probably not worth quaking in the first place barring maybe onslaught.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

If I were kabam I would release both Magik and Quake as 6 stars and lock them as 7 stars like Herc has been. With heatlpools so high and nodes really challenging I think they're fine as they are.

That’s not an option. They’ve locked Quake at 5-stars, and by voting leave her as-is you’re okay with that. She’s basically going to have 0 relevance going forward.
    I agree with you
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,588 ★★★★
    I don’t understand. Did kabam wanted to water down Quake so they can release her as 6* and 7* version?
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,290 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

I don’t understand. Did kabam wanted to water down Quake so they can release her as 6* and 7* version?

Yes while also fixing a bug with her evade of it needs the debuff to trigger
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

Rookiie said:

Could be a way to add a deathless quake into the game with that kit, but there is little no point entirely reworking a character that has been a 5* for so long when there are so many that are already 6/7* in dire need of help.

A 6 or 7-star will still retain some relevance in the game, the two champs mentioned above will not.
    So people aren't sat on 7* and 6* versions of dogwater characters. I'd much rather have a 5* usable champion that I can still use in content as late as WoW or AW Showcase than 6/7* that are unusable.

They should focus energy and resources into making the current 6/7* pool viable rather than altering champions that don't need imminent attention.
    And who told you they would be unusable? Miike literally said she would still be at Ghost level after the nerf. The whole point would be to take her from absolutely broken to God tier, you're wrong.
    Remember wolverine, who's using him these days honestly. Yes he's fun. But nowhere game breaking like Miike said years before he was finally released as a 6 star. And look at SW now, he said the same and she's released.

So no I don't think quake would be at ghost level after the nerf, without concussion.
    The main issue is she would go from being able to counter 90% of fights to maybe 10-20% of fights, nodes that directly damage you she could not longer bypass without concussion, debuff shruggers would now shrug the physvuln since it's not a concussion, mighty charge, true strike, power gainers. Unless she got an overhaul she wouldn't be "ghost level" ghost can output massive damage. Quake would basically be HulkLite with the potential to cheese certain fights that honestly wouldn't need cheesing. If you could "new quake" fights they're probably not worth quaking in the first place barring maybe onslaught.
    She will still be able to do 90% as only thing changing is u wont be able to use her against domino or any other aar stuff or even debuff immune but she will still be able to do everything else
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,588 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

Daddrieda said:

Yes while also fixing a bug with her evade of it needs the debuff to trigger
    Thank you for clarifying.
  • Options
    Daddrieda said:

Basically watered down version is changing concussion to physical vuln and needing the debuff to evade thats all that changes they said to make her in the next star rarity which is a fair price to pay as she gets better damage since her aftershocks are physical damage related so depending how big she could get a nice damage increase
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 252 ★★★
    Maybe they could reintroduce her as a 6* with the "updated" kit but leave the weaker versions as they are?

Idk, all of this Quake talk in 2024 seems weird to me considering we have 7*s now and some of them are pretty insane... not to mention that there's a very small % of the playerbase who even enjoys Quake's playstyle, let alone masters it. Like yes, she is a cheat code for a lot of annoying stuff, but I believe most people would still choose a character that actually fights, lol.

And speaking of, as other people mentioned, I remember Miike saying that 5* max og SW was "too powerful for the game" (and that was long after 12.0 happened), and look at the game now - they're giving away a 7* og SW :smiley:
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

Rookiie said:

Again, neither of those were as strong as Quake, she's easily at Herc level and for that reason Kabam knows they would have to be very careful with a nerf. One wrong move and the whole playerbase goes berserk. I highly doubt they would nerf her and make her ****, if you d9n trust Miike that's fine though, I do and other people do too.
  • Options
    HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 176 ★★
    The stupid thing about this argument from Kabam is that they act like every player can use Quake to her full potential.
    We can't... I definitely can't 😆
    And, those that could destroy everything with 6* Quake can, and will, destroy everything with other champs anyway.
    When there are players posting solos with 4* champs for content a huge chunk of the community can't get through without reviving 6/7*s, can it really be a valid excuse to not have 6* Quake or Magik?

I'm going to dream a lil and hope one of the Deathless champs is a version of Quake or Magik... 👻
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 443 ★★
    Quake and bake aint the meta anymore with all of these indestructible nodes now a days
  • Options
    edited March 25

lets see what defenders quake can counter by staying at 100% health, 2023+ edition
    Abs man - yes, no regen as he don't throw specials
    FAM - no, cuz of power detonation
    kindred - idk bout his mechanics
    photon - yes, no power and no unblockable specials
    maestro - no cuz he eventually gets to cosmic radiation
    onslaught - yes, no contact and no power, so no neuroshocks
    bullseye - no, takes damage on evade
    dust - yes, no block or contact so no sand debuffs
    serpent - no, cuz of true focus

so basically she counters 4/9 tough defenders released in last 15 months, and she may counter kindred which makes it 5 out of 9. looks op as a 6* r5 to me.

A point to remember, she can counter all these rewards even better if he is nerfed to apply physical vulnerability.

Also, it's funny cause even after a nerf (based on the details Miike gave us) she would still clap 4 out of the 7 most problematic meta defenders in the game right now. Even after a nerf she would still be just that strong.
    The fact she can clap FAM, Photon, Onslaught and Dust with zero issues is no joke.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★
    Ainy said:

Idk, all of this Quake talk in 2024 seems weird to me considering we have 7*s now and some of them are pretty insane... not to mention that there's a very small % of the playerbase who even enjoys Quake's playstyle, let alone masters it. Like yes, she is a cheat code for a lot of annoying stuff, but I believe most people would still choose a character that actually fights, lol.

It’s not about Quake - it’s about the direction Kabam are taking with broken champs.

The debate really is: would you rather Kabam nerf them a bit but give them a future in the game or lock them at certain rarities and don’t give them a future at all.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,507 ★★★★
    edited March 25
    Bendy said:

xLunatiXx said:

Rookiie said:

She will still be able to do 90% as only thing changing is u wont be able to use her against domino or any other aar stuff or even debuff immune but she will still be able to do everything else
    No, the change would be concussion to physvuln, and you couldn't evade if the physvuln isn't there, so anyone that cleanses debuffs, or mighty charge, or tranquilize, or tranquillity node, or debuff immune node would shut her down. So would nodes that apply damage to you since concussion wouldn't bypass it.

Right now you can quake debuff immune, mighty charge, kingpins and stuff like that.