AW season 50 info

Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
Instead of the usual where are my rewards post, I’m going with where is the new season info post? Or do we have to wait till Friday during livestream to reveal the new saga information?

Comments

• Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    In the mean time, Let speculate the classes. I’m guessing both arcade and North Star are saga champs. And superior iron man will be a saga champ, so that means it’s Mutant, Tech, Cosmic next meta. And the motion video had a lot of skill vs mutant champs, so maybe skill is the 4th class?
    Or they might abandon the class wheel and go for specific tags or known alliances
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    Since we had prowler and spidey not in saga i think tech and science be our defense and that makes the new sim be an attacker with serpent or maybe mutant back on defense again and we use prowler, thats my thoughts due to also would tie with july being a science id say they be going on defense again or maybe there attack and its mystic on defense but i feel tech be on defense for sure
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,085 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure the saga will be
    Mutant/Mystic - defensek saga
    Science tech - Attack saga

I believe SIM buff is outside saga, we will get another saga champ suprise buff like NC
    edited May 28

I believe SIM buff is outside saga, we will get another saga champ suprise buff like NC

They said he was a saga i believe

Just the buff wont be live the month of saga but half way of the saga
    Bendy said:

I think ironman is saga related like NC revamp. Maybe Cosmic/Mutant as attacker, and Tech/Skill as defenders. Although it's hard to believe they would repeat mutant and skill as attackers and defenders again right after the previous saga

Bendy said:

I think ironman is saga related like NC revamp. Maybe Cosmic/Mutant as attacker, and Tech/Skill as defenders. Although it's hard to believe they would repeat mutant and skill as attackers and defenders again right after the previous saga
    We just had mutant as attack with this tactic
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Member Posts: 670 ★★★★

• ccrider474ccrider474 Member Posts: 661 ★★★
    It is in game now if you look at your defence unfortunately I don't know who has these tags.

• KnightZeroKnightZero Member Posts: 1,437 ★★★★★
    First look, and based on my understanding of the tactic, it looks flat out stupid. Kabam keeping up the trend of releasing dumb tactics.
    Obviously have to test it out, but it looks like it's a chance to be autoblocked/evaded and we all know 10% doesn't feel like 10% on defense. How are you then supposed to reliably build a combo/buffs for attacker tactic to work if you can get evaded/autoblocked before that happens itself?
    Seems like a tech defense potentially

First look, and based on my understanding of the tactic, it looks flat out stupid. Kabam keeping up the trend of releasing dumb tactics.
    Obviously have to test it out, but it looks like it's a chance to be autoblocked/evaded and we all know 10% doesn't feel like 10% on defense. How are you then supposed to reliably build a combo/buffs for attacker tactic to work if you can get evaded/autoblocked before that happens itself?

Depends on tactic champs but this seems like no tactic champs ur screwed maybe have to see
    Also, looks like Elite Map aka T1 war now has 5 bans from now on.

Bendy said:

Depends on tactic champs but this seems like no tactic champs ur screwed maybe have to see
    Even with tactic champs, based on the way they have worded it, you can be evaded/autoblocked and then smacked in the face before you reach the 10 combo/10 buffs/combination of both. Which again makes it a healing fest.

Bendy said:

Even with tactic champs, based on the way they have worded it, you can be evaded/autoblocked and then smacked in the face before you reach the 10 combo/10 buffs/combination of both. Which again makes it a healing fest.
    For stun immunes yeah this be like heavy buff so hype angela hulkling season to ramp quickly to ignore evades and auto blocks
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★

FYI I just confirmed with the team the current description of the tactic in game is incorrect. Official announcement and correct description will be live tomorrow morning.

Guess they wouldn’t be too different
  • NeoDazarasNeoDazaras Member Posts: 117
    edited May 29

Bendy said:

Idk man, compared to Crush and Magic Thief this looks like a breath of fresh air. There seems to be much more room to move around the node than the previous tactics (striking while stunned, using champs that bypass Evade or Auto Block without AAR, timing your attacks around the Evade/AB timer, etc)

Bendy said:

Idk man, compared to Crush and Magic Thief this looks like a breath of fresh air. There seems to be much more room to move around the node than the previous tactics (striking while stunned, using champs that bypass Evade or Auto Block without AAR, timing your attacks around the Evade/AB timer, etc)
    Depends, if they choose mystic as defense class…it will be interesting.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

FYI I just confirmed with the team the current description of the tactic in game is incorrect. Official announcement and correct description will be live tomorrow morning.

Means no big rewards for this special Season 50?

Bendy said:

And a lot of that can be countered by nodes. That's my thing. I know Crashed said that the description isn't right, but this is harder than the modified version of Magic Thief IF the way I'm interpreting it is correct
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 740 ★★★★
    really hope they tested this and it's not like the first season of magic thief. and 5 bans for ELITE?? i get that rosters are wider than ever but this just means ranking more mediocre champs.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,279 Guardian
    ** New Settings in “NEXT WAR” Tab.
    Some of the Leadership Tools for AW that Kabam had mentioned were coming.
    Looks like they are live now that Season has ended and there is time to look them over before next season starts.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/368296/aw-auto-place#latest

Isn't this a obvious hint about the next saga?

Evade and autoblock is associated with Science and tech class respectively. They are going to be #houseofmirrors defense saga.

Cosmic champs and skill champs usually have anti evade/autoblock effects like true strike, true accuracy or slow/decelerate.
    They are going to be #Clarity attack saga.

And the tactic is wayy more forgiving imo. You can also use champs outside #clarity to counter the defenders.

Some good attackers can be - Corvy with prox synergy, odin, heimdall, Gorr, hulkling, Serpent, Herc, Kate, Shang, Nick, Prof x, Iceman, Jabari, Zemo, Karnak, etc.

Evade and autoblock is associated with Science and tech class respectively. They are going to be #houseofmirrors defense saga.

Cosmic champs and skill champs usually have anti evade/autoblock effects like true strike, true accuracy or slow/decelerate.

And the tactic is wayy more forgiving imo. You can also use champs outside #clarity to counter the defenders.

Some good attackers can be - Corvy with prox synergy, odin, heimdall, Gorr, hulkling, Serpent, Herc, Kate, Shang, Nick, Prof x, Iceman, Jabari, Zemo, Karnak, etc.

Good point, but 5 bans,
    no Corvus, no Odin, no Kate or Killmonger... I'm not going to use Karnak :-)
    FunnyDude said:

Good point, but 5 bans,
    5 ban isn't confirmed I think. Only time will let us know.
  • SStrawberrySStrawberry Member Posts: 1
    So I want to know when to release the season 50 Champion Lists
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

Good point, but 5 bans,
    And no Odin adds a double annoyance because so many people bring him in to use prefights for Hazard Shift and other nodes. So that's a double "f you!"
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

FunnyDude said:

Good point, but 5 bans,
    And no Odin adds a double annoyance because so many people bring him in to use prefights for Hazard Shift and other nodes. So that's a double "f you!"
    My dude, if Odin is globally banned imma be pissed. 😡
    If not, but the other alliance bans him on me, imma be not as pissed, but still pissed. Lol