Spring of sorrow week 4

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    Serpent works well and heals. Gladiator works, get charges and then sp1 spam and counter his sp1. Storm X has passive parry which is great, just spam sp2. All solos.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,139 ★★★★★

Fryday said:

I haven't seen many people mention (if any) Prof X being used. Any tried him yet with Storm relic and mystic boosts?

Hi @willrun4adonut ,

KarateMike soloed this fight with Prof X so he does work for sure.

But I would imagine the Storms would be easier though
    I just finished mine. I saw his video but man, I couldn't replicate it at all. So I just boosted my r4 Storm with everything I could, turned suicides on and went for the sp2 stun lock. Luckily it only took one revive. That heal block was brutal. Thanks for letting me know about Prof X.
    You mean OG Storm? Is a stun lock even possible? I threw my SP2 when I almost had an SP3, and due to the stifles, I couldn't build back up to another SP2 before his stun wore off, even with relic.
    Mostly. My Storm was r4, so it was leaving a small power gain unavailable like a r5 or 7*. But with max boosts, suicides, mutant boosts, I was able to build up enough. I got 4 stuns on him, saving my relic when needed, but the last one didn't crit so I was only able to get back to 1.9 bars of power. But it took off 83% in one go. So that was good enough for me. This is the video that inspired me. @Dirty_Dozz

https://youtu.be/IMv9Glt4Htc?si=tzmW07i6ncXSad0v
    I'm also having trouble with pulling this rotation, My storm is 7* r2.
    Ok I finally had success with storm after mutliple tries. Used all medium boosts and mutant power+special boosts

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    edited June 28

Ok I finally had success with storm after mutliple tries. Used all medium boosts and mutant power+special boosts

Congrats Captain. Was that a solo I assume?

Congrats Captain. Was that a solo I assume?
    Yeah it was a solo. I'm amazed by the potential of storm. She dealt huge numbers which even sunspot and bishop can't pull off, idk why she hasn't beem talked much.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Wow, that storm solo was unexpected.

Yeah, Mine is r1 and no suicides. I think storm can do great because of annihilius's purify. Whenever opponent purifies a debuff, storm gets 2 prowesses so this fight I was able to get multiple prowesses just by reparrying. She is great option for this fight.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★

Yeah, Mine is r1 and no suicides. I think storm can do great because of annihilius's purify. Whenever opponent purifies a debuff, storm gets 2 prowesses so this fight I was able to get multiple prowesses just by reparrying. She is great option for this fight.
    The stun lock via sp2 was great...
  • IamnikeIamnike Member Posts: 265 ★★
    Gladiator was the best option imo, good damage, passive stun makes it easy to control him.
  • Sunstar19Sunstar19 Member Posts: 166
    How do you guys nail down the parry on SP1 non contact blast? My timing is always off and got clipped most of the time?
    Sunstar19 said:

How do you guys nail down the parry on SP1 non contact blast? My timing is always off and got clipped most of the time?

After the initial hit, dask back twice and create a lot of distance. It is easy to parry if you create distance. It will be tough if you stay close.
    edited June 30
    No problems with distancing, it’s when I need to tap as the non contact blast that comes close. Parry when the blast is almost touching? Sounds like a silly question but seldom have problems to parry except for this one
    Sunstar19 said:

No problems with distancing, it’s when I need to tap as the non contact blast that comes close. Parry when the blast is almost touching? Sounds like a silly question but seldom have problems to parry except for this one

I parry about where the red bar is. I'm sure someone has made a video telling when to parry though. It's before the blast gets to you for some reason. @Sunstar19
    @willrun4adonut Thanks a lot! Your picture was extremely clear to show where I should parry.

It now works perfectly after practising many many times. Turns out that I always parry too late right at the instant when the blast is going to hit me. What a difference this makes! From 10+ revives each for first 2 objectives to only 4 revives in my last fight for the 3rd objective.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,299 ★★★★★
    edited June 30
    After lot of attempts and practice
    I got solo with Vox
    1 revive with CGR
    1 revive with Dani as I messed up at last 20%

Key is to block his entire sp1, don't try to dex his first 1 hits and then parrying the last contact hit.
    That way distance his good enough to get him otherwise swiping back to parry last hit don't give enough space to close fast to hit him.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,918 ★★★★★
    I finally got the last objective waited to pull glad and finally ai decided to throw specials into block so after a while this is still better than onslaught and more fun fight
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    After a lot of testing
    - 1 revive with vox, 100% would have soloed if it wasn't my first time using Vox.
    - Solo with Galan
    - 2 revives with 6* r3 White mags, I wanted to use bishop but white mags was more consistent and his pre fights worked like a charm, plus I had revives expiring in 3 hrs so it was 'ush e it or lose it'.

I would like to share some tips
    - Don't bother dexing the first 2 hits of his sp1 just block em and parry the last, it's so much less work that way, it's a miniscule amount of damage don't worry about it.

- Annihilus' sp1 has a very large punishing window so you can easily parry and dash to get an opening

- Knocking him down in the corner, 8/10 times, guarantees he will throw his sp1 IMMEDIATELY

Over-all it's a great fight and definitely BETTER THAN THE CRAPPY ONSLAUGHT FIGHT. The AI here is much much tamer than the whacky shenanigans Onslaught had going on

• Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 154
    Nescio said:

For anyone doubting Captain Britain she works, I even got a solo with her after a few attempts.

I have tried with a 6* R3 Storm, but she is too weak.
    I guess I have to rank up my 6* R3 Captain Britain - I was planning to rank her up to R4 anyway, but there were 3 others in line before her (e.g., Spiderman2099, Thor, Human Torch, Cull Obsidian).

Thanks for the insight.
  • HalleyHalley Member Posts: 447 ★★
    Gorr, White Mag and Galan work well for me.
    I rank up White Mag only for this, amazingly he played well with least revives & potions 😄
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,118 ★★★★★
    edited June 30
    R2 serpent was a solo. R1 storm and Gorr cost me 3-4 revives each. The storm and Gorr fights for me were like most of these spring of sorrow fights:

Keep using energy until you get favorable AI that likes to throw specials. Take off about 50% health. Die for various reasons (chip damage, miss a parry, or make a mental error) … burn a few revives until the AI starts throwing specials again.
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    7* r2 Odin(sig 40) was a 2:23 minute solo! Sp2s literally did 30% hp each he melts him
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,089 ★★★★★
    edited June 30
    I used
    7R3 vox 🐥
    R1 Gamora, lots of sp1 spam, die, revive
    R5 Og storm, not fun.

Good design, hopefully next week won't be onslaught level
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,918 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

I used
    7R3 vox 🐥
    R1 Gamora, lots of sp1 spam, die, revive
    R5 Og storm, not fun.

Good design, hopefully next week won't be onslaught level

Next is the gauntlet
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 378 ★★

As predicted, no Abs Man or Juggs of course lol

I used venom the duck and it wasn't bad. U just got to be lucky with the buffs.
    edited June 30
    Sunstar19 said:

@willrun4adonut Thanks a lot! Your picture was extremely clear to show where I should parry.

It now works perfectly after practising many many times. Turns out that I always parry too late right at the instant when the blast is going to hit me. What a difference this makes! From 10+ revives each for first 2 objectives to only 4 revives in my last fight for the 3rd objective.

Glad I could help. I took many smacks to the face trying to get a good screenshot, and then just realized I could have screen recorded and annotated from there.
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,026 ★★★★★
    First 2 objectives went smoothly with solos for Gamora and Gladiator. X-Men I had a much harder time, tried a few times with 7* Dani but just couldn't reliably keep up the Buffs. Levelled up 6* Pyramid Storm to R3 over OG so that I could at least parry him and retried over and over - ended up reviving through it, 5 revives to get through. At least it's done :smile:
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 776 ★★★
    If you accidentally push him to a sp2, it's actually better to keep pushing him to sp3, every sp2 he throws was a death, but I actually survived a sp3 with a couple % health and was able to do a good chunk of damage still. Og storm done, 2 revives, just dot left, still getting a feel for doing it with Vox.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 344 ★★
    Ashacekar said:

Cheese Options:
    Damage Burst: Gamora (She hits hard)
    Damage Over Time: Vox (He hits hard)
    X-Men: (Best Option) Storm Pyr X (Parry and Sp2)

This was the most fun and quickest SoS i have done yet. All challenges are easily soloable.

What’s the best way to use Vox here? I’ve got him 7* unduped but not clear what his best rotation is. Thanks.
  • DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Member Posts: 588 ★★★
    Got the og storm solo with an r1 7* he’s not scary to me anymore but it did take 4 revives with r4 gorr
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,383 ★★★★★
    Revive Count

R1 Gorr : 1 revive
    R1 Storm : Solo
    R2 Serpent: Solo

Really happy we got one of the easiest fights this week. I did it in less tries than any SoS or WoW boss. Got him down to 40% unboosted with Gorr on my 2nd ever time fighting him.