Kabam! Is the balance program scrapped?

Comments

• Joker1976Joker1976 Member Posts: 664 ★★★

PT_99 said:

It's getting quite clear that Kabam releases champions without enough testing,
    There's no way, NO WAY that someone in team played Sable for more than 2 times and said, "Yup, good damage, let's go"

Saw YouTube vids of Leader? Not very fun either as you have to play in middle of map 24/7 😃 dog damage except for particular power gain regen matchups.

After mike and jax left, I sure am getting vibes that MCoC is in it's final phase, less mod activity here, forums are deserted expect few usual thread closing, no information to share, balance taking 6+ months, relics are non-existent, bugs after bugs, war tag defender bug still might not be fixed, BG ranking bug, horrible AI, double hit parry still will.

Internal team conflicts really is hurting the team and Kabam and netmarbles are just gathering whatever they can now.

As they've always said, if there isn't information to share they, aren't sharing it.
    Why isn't there information to share? It has been 5 months since Dust and IH got released. If they are serious about the balance program, they should be having the data and already have some update on their rebalance, cause they should ship their updated versions in a month.

So it is either they have information and not sharing or they don't have the information which is far worse cause how are they gonna ship a rebalanced champ in a month, when the original allocated time for rebalance changes was 3 months.
    You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. They're definitely withholding information on purpose. I don't know why it wasn't so obvious to me before. Thanks for opening my eyes.

🙄🙄🙄
    Lol. I was a bit aggressive with asking for the balance update info to be released.

I just want to R2 my Dust, would be nice if I get to know what rebalancing will do to her. It's not like I am asking something new, other champs used to get their balance report card after 3 months of their release.

Don't know why y'all are against me here, as if asking for info which they should have released months ago is bad.
    We're not against you asking for information. We're against you demanding info after being told there isn't anything to share, the fact they're getting new community managers up and going and now currently, they're at SDCC.

We're asking you to take the info given to you already and process it. You don't get to determine when info is released when there isn't a set timeframe to release the information. They said it's a 6 month process to collect the data and the sort it and then figure out what needs to be done.

There's 2 champs released every month, it's a constant process. Calm yourself already.
    It all boils down to the fact that communication from Kabam is down and it will remain like this for a while. I thought I could get some reply if I could post in forums, but no, looks like we have to wait a month or so before communication is back online. They used to give balance update info it earlier and if they don't want to do it now, they should inform us, so we won't be waiting for the update.

In 6 months, they should ship the final version of the champs, looks like I have to wait for 1 more month to rank up Dust. BTW where did they say they don't have anything to share? I am sure you will be here defending Kabam even if they don't release it after 6 months.
    They've always said that if they have information to share, they'll do it, if not they won't post anything. If you're not seeing it, then there probably isn't anything to share.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,702 ★★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

PT_99 said:

There's no way, NO WAY that someone in team played Sable for more than 2 times and said, "Yup, good damage, let's go"

Saw YouTube vids of Leader? Not very fun either as you have to play in middle of map 24/7 😃 dog damage except for particular power gain regen matchups.

After mike and jax left, I sure am getting vibes that MCoC is in it's final phase, less mod activity here, forums are deserted expect few usual thread closing, no information to share, balance taking 6+ months, relics are non-existent, bugs after bugs, war tag defender bug still might not be fixed, BG ranking bug, horrible AI, double hit parry still will.

Internal team conflicts really is hurting the team and Kabam and netmarbles are just gathering whatever they can now.

As they've always said, if there isn't information to share they, aren't sharing it.
    Why isn't there information to share? It has been 5 months since Dust and IH got released. If they are serious about the balance program, they should be having the data and already have some update on their rebalance, cause they should ship their updated versions in a month.

So it is either they have information and not sharing or they don't have the information which is far worse cause how are they gonna ship a rebalanced champ in a month, when the original allocated time for rebalance changes was 3 months.
    You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. They're definitely withholding information on purpose. I don't know why it wasn't so obvious to me before. Thanks for opening my eyes.

🙄🙄🙄
    Lol. I was a bit aggressive with asking for the balance update info to be released.

I just want to R2 my Dust, would be nice if I get to know what rebalancing will do to her. It's not like I am asking something new, other champs used to get their balance report card after 3 months of their release.

Don't know why y'all are against me here, as if asking for info which they should have released months ago is bad.
    We're not against you asking for information. We're against you demanding info after being told there isn't anything to share, the fact they're getting new community managers up and going and now currently, they're at SDCC.

We're asking you to take the info given to you already and process it. You don't get to determine when info is released when there isn't a set timeframe to release the information. They said it's a 6 month process to collect the data and the sort it and then figure out what needs to be done.

There's 2 champs released every month, it's a constant process. Calm yourself already.
    It all boils down to the fact that communication from Kabam is down and it will remain like this for a while. I thought I could get some reply if I could post in forums, but no, looks like we have to wait a month or so before communication is back online. They used to give balance update info it earlier and if they don't want to do it now, they should inform us, so we won't be waiting for the update.

In 6 months, they should ship the final version of the champs, looks like I have to wait for 1 more month to rank up Dust. BTW where did they say they don't have anything to share? I am sure you will be here defending Kabam even if they don't release it after 6 months.
    They've always said that if they have information to share, they'll do it, if not they won't post anything. If you're not seeing it, then there probably isn't anything to share.
    Tbh that sort of “communication” isn’t good enough.
    Funny that they just recently put out a survey inquiring “if we are satisfied with communication from the devs” etc.
    Leaving people in the dark for 6+ months and then suddenly “BAM”…here’s your updated champion and communication with it,..makes some feel that they aren’t taking champion updates seriously or looking at it last minuet.
    Regardless if this is the case or not,..why not tell people it’s being worked on,..or what they may be thinking or looking at,..or which champions may get a rework.
    Why not inquire with the community what would be “reasonable” and appropriate changes they might like to see with these champions.
    It also helps with managing rank up resources for what champions you “may or may not” invest in depending if said champ will receive and update,..why is it like a big secret for 1/2 a year or more?
    You see that kind of approach is “communication”.
    Not being silent for 6+ months and leaving the community confused as to what’s exactly going on and then suddenly “Whoop there it is”
    But that is the communication they will say as they cant just give random info incase its false or wrong hence why they wait till they have the correct info some take a lot of time some dont but they say that as they are being honest as they dont even have the info themselves to share to us
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

PT_99 said:

🙄🙄🙄

Funny that they just recently put out a survey inquiring “if we are satisfied with communication from the devs” etc.
    Leaving people in the dark for 6+ months and then suddenly “BAM”…here’s your updated champion and communication with it,..makes some feel that they aren’t taking champion updates seriously or looking at it last minuet.
    Regardless if this is the case or not,..why not tell people it’s being worked on,..or what they may be thinking or looking at,..or which champions may get a rework.
    Why not inquire with the community what would be “reasonable” and appropriate changes they might like to see with these champions.
    It also helps with managing rank up resources for what champions you “may or may not” invest in depending if said champ will receive and update,..why is it like a big secret for 1/2 a year or more?
    Not being silent for 6+ months and leaving the community confused as to what’s exactly going on and then suddenly “Whoop there it is”
    I'm sorry but they don't need to ask us for "reasonable" changes to champions. No one would agree and the process would take longer. You'd have people mad because one idea was taken over another etc... it's just not a smart idea.

I'm not saying their communication is perfect, but right now more than ever, cut them some slack. They've gone through major changes on top of a huge partnership with Google for SDCC. The whole reason for them saying that they'll update us when they have information is to prevent the need for posts saying "we don't have information yet". It's really not a hard concept.
    Joker1976 said:

Being honest…even with Mike and Jax, communication has never been Kabams strong suit.
    EVER,..lol.
    It’s actually easy peasy,..be an extrovert and watch how you use your words and think of how they may affect others.
    But most importantly BE AN EXTROVERT!!

Everything is easy in your head. It's also easy to you because it's your plan. But these aren't your forums or your game.

But if you're so set on it, why not apply to be a community manager and run things the way you want? It's easy peasy right?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

Being honest…even with Mike and Jax, communication has never been Kabams strong suit.
    EVER,..lol.
    It’s actually easy peasy,..be an extrovert and watch how you use your words and think of how they may affect others.

Corporate communications are absolutely not “easy peasy,” and honestly it’s insulting to the game team and to anybody who works in a related field to say that. I know it’s not easy, because I’m the guy who either files or defends the lawsuits when things go wrong.

It’s also not the communications team who does the work that you’re asking for an update on. So they need to be given an update in order to tell us anything. And that can only be done once the champion design team has made a decision. And that decision can only be reached once sufficient data has been collected. And that data can only be collected after the community has had enough time to play with the champions to generate that data.

But sure, easy peasy.
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 229 ★★

PT_99 said:

🙄🙄🙄

Balance updates

Joker1976 said:

PT_99 said:

🙄🙄🙄

I'm sorry but they don't need to ask us for "reasonable" changes to champions. No one would agree and the process would take longer. You'd have people mad because one idea was taken over another etc... it's just not a smart idea.

I'm not saying their communication is perfect, but right now more than ever, cut them some slack. They've gone through major changes on top of a huge partnership with Google for SDCC. The whole reason for them saying that they'll update us when they have information is to prevent the need for posts saying "we don't have information yet". It's really not a hard concept.
    Tbf Balance updates are given by balance team not the community manager, so unless there is something wrong with balance process/team, we should have gotten the update info long ago.

You are saying they don't have info to share, which raises even bigger questions, what is the balance team doing? Why is it taking so long to get the data on champs? They said they will get the data in 3 months, so why is the update info is not released even after 5 months?

Joker1976 said:

EVER,..lol.

Everything is easy in your head. It's also easy to you because it's your plan. But these aren't your forums or your game.

But if you're so set on it, why not apply to be a community manager and run things the way you want? It's easy peasy right?
    I don’t want that job cause i already have a great one as a carpenter walking the walls,..laughing,..joking ,..swearing,..more than occasionally bleeding because we all work hard…and most importantly together.
    More importantly we all watch each others backs and COMMUNICATE lol..but seriously you probably don’t want my life story, or care for that matter.
    You can throw around as much smoke as you like,..but it’s not hard to say:
    Hey all we are looking at working on updating these champs,..any feedback on how we can improve them would be appreciated!!
    Can’t see them getting in much “legal trouble” for that,..and again that’s a form of “communication”
    I will also say and remind you that they just did a survey on this very subject…hmmm i wonder why 🤔
    Joker1976 said:

Joker1976 said:

EVER,..lol.

I don’t want that job cause i already have a great one as a carpenter walking the walls,..laughing,..joking ,..swearing,..more than occasionally bleeding because we all work hard…and most importantly together.
    More importantly we all watch each others backs and COMMUNICATE lol..but seriously you probably don’t want my life story, or care for that matter.
    You can throw around as much smoke as you like,..but it’s not hard to say:
    Hey all we are looking at working on updating these champs,..any feedback on how we can improve them would be appreciated!!
    Can’t see them getting in much “legal trouble” for that,..and again that’s a form of “communication”
    I will also say and remind you that they just did a survey on this very subject…hmmm i wonder why 🤔
    If ur laughing and joking with ur friends maybe u should not bash on the community team when they have to wait on the info from higher ups and as ssomeone said they did sdcc the weekend happened and oh a new community manager who is getting up to date with everything so be god damn patient for info
    I don’t think engaging with the community ( some of us who have played many years) is a bad thing.
    It’s called bridging the gap,..and would shown they value the thoughts of the player base on maybe how to improve champions or even game modes.
    How can that be a bad thing?,..it’s not only a pro player move but i would think beneficial to Kabam.
    But again that takes communication,…and silence over the stretch of 1/2 a year or more over a champion rebalancing isn’t really beneficial to anyone i would think.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,365 ★★★★★
    I disagree with the title, definitely overreacting but it's already the 29th and no word from Kabam... Where is rebalance info? It's been 10 days already.
    Joker1976 said:

I don’t think engaging with the community ( some of us who have played many years) is a bad thing.
    It’s called bridging the gap,..and would shown they value the thoughts of the player base on maybe how to improve champions or even game modes.
    How can that be a bad thing?,..it’s not only a pro player move but i would think beneficial to Kabam.
    But again that takes communication,…and silence over the stretch of 1/2 a year or more over a champion rebalancing isn’t really beneficial to anyone i would think.

Once again with the rebalancing info it will arrive when it does u will see a post
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,481 ★★★★★
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Comparison is the thief of joy. When you're comparing all Champs to the OP Defenders that have been released recently, then they're going to seem lacking.
    Now, that's not to say there aren't some that need tune-ups. That's why they have a program. However, some Champs are going to be stronger than others. That's always been true.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,978 ★★★★★

I disagree with the title, definitely overreacting but it's already the 29th and no word from Kabam... Where is rebalance info? It's been 10 days already.

Should be this week hopefully
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★

Folks, it's fair to want communications. However...

Anyone with a LinkedIn account can see the mess that is Kabam currently, and can see from those just laid off and those who chose to leave (including the imminently departing studio design director), it's not a great time. Which is to say, it's perhaps understandable that the Dust tune-up maybe isn't as high a priority for whoever is left in charge of the initiative. After all, there's only so many slots left at Blizzard.

Congrats to the new GM though. Let's hope that new interest in the MCU translates to a better tomorrow for MCOC!

Side note: that kabam org chart on theorg really needs an update. So, Dust tuneup, org chart update. Por favor.

@klobberintyme Why are you always the first one to arrive and act like Kabam is collapsing or something lmao. The tune up team hasn’t collapsed or anything and all the people that have left have been community managers. The tune ups will proceed as normal as far as we know and this is pure speculative nonsense
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,239 ★★★★★
    I find it amusing, they release a champ. People go crazy over it.. take my money... Gimme that new champ and then worry about a balance...
    I stopped watching deep dives for a reason.

Hey y'all, getting caught up on this thread so still want to read over it a little closer to make sure Im picking up everything, but overall want to broadly agree that we can do a better job with communicating. While its absolutely true that sometimes we just dont have the info to share (and trust me that can be as frustrating or even more so for us haha, we like sharing news with y'all!) we can do a better job keeping that line of communication open in the meantime. Dork and I are doing our best to get up to speed as quickly as we can, but we can definitely admit some stuff has dipped off in the meantime. There has been a lot going on (as someone said SDCC was awesome but busy!), but even so we want to get things sorted and if possible do better than ever!

As for the balance program specifically I don't know at the moment, but I'll start asking around and see if we can get a status update even if its just a general yes/no!

Thank you, would like to see some fixed schedule for balance update info. Delaying the things for months will disrupt the balance program.
  • OldManHopOldManHop Member Posts: 294 ★★★

Thank you thank you, mighty nice to be here :P

You and Dork are a breath of fresh air. Take your time and thank you for your efforts.

Bendy said:

Joker1976 said:

Once again with the rebalancing info it will arrive when it does u will see a post
    You do know that the final version should be out after 6 months of champ release, right? It was mentioned by kabam itself that we will get balance info update after 3 months. So, it is 100% fair for us to ask for the info since it's been 5 months already.

You don't seem to care about the balance info, so it doesn't matter to you. But there are people who are waiting for the info before they pull the rank up button.
    No. They've always said that it's their goal but nothing is set in stone. They've never created a rule saying it HAS to be out in 6 months. You're back to demanding. Even after Pinwheels response, you're demanding a fixed schedule. Something that will never happen.

Bendy said:

Joker1976 said:

You do know that the final version should be out after 6 months of champ release, right? It was mentioned by kabam itself that we will get balance info update after 3 months. So, it is 100% fair for us to ask for the info since it's been 5 months already.

You don't seem to care about the balance info, so it doesn't matter to you. But there are people who are waiting for the info before they pull the rank up button.
    No. They've always said that it's their goal but nothing is set in stone. They've never created a rule saying it HAS to be out in 6 months. You're back to demanding. Even after Pinwheels response, you're demanding a fixed schedule. Something that will never happen.
    "Champion Balancing will work in a six-month cadence from the release of a new Champion.", this is what Kabam has said. This means there is regular fixed schedule for when the rebalanced champs will be released to live server. So yeah it HAS to be out in 6 months.