Kabam! Is the balance program scrapped?

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 7,449 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

It's getting quite clear that Kabam releases champions without enough testing,
    There's no way, NO WAY that someone in team played Sable for more than 2 times and said, "Yup, good damage, let's go"

Saw YouTube vids of Leader? Not very fun either as you have to play in middle of map 24/7 😃 dog damage except for particular power gain regen matchups.

After mike and jax left, I sure am getting vibes that MCoC is in it's final phase, less mod activity here, forums are deserted expect few usual thread closing, no information to share, balance taking 6+ months, relics are non-existent, bugs after bugs, war tag defender bug still might not be fixed, BG ranking bug, horrible AI, double hit parry still will.

Internal team conflicts really is hurting the team and Kabam and netmarbles are just gathering whatever they can now.

Mcoc isn't in the final phase but I believe forums are going to definitely get less engagement than before.

I believe there might be some internal issues in kabam office that's the reason for late communication, rise in bugs and (maybe) the reason for the quitting of miike and jax.

The game won't definitely die soon. The game will remain relevant as long as kabam dudes release something new to play.
    Where should we express our concerns then, discord?
    I'm pretty sure the mods read all your posts, But whether they listen or not isn't guaranteed. It doesn't matter where you post your opinions.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 5,671 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

There's no way, NO WAY that someone in team played Sable for more than 2 times and said, "Yup, good damage, let's go"

Saw YouTube vids of Leader? Not very fun either as you have to play in middle of map 24/7 😃 dog damage except for particular power gain regen matchups.

After mike and jax left, I sure am getting vibes that MCoC is in it's final phase, less mod activity here, forums are deserted expect few usual thread closing, no information to share, balance taking 6+ months, relics are non-existent, bugs after bugs, war tag defender bug still might not be fixed, BG ranking bug, horrible AI, double hit parry still will.

Internal team conflicts really is hurting the team and Kabam and netmarbles are just gathering whatever they can now.

@Kabam Crashed said the game is doing fine and isn’t dying.
  • BendyBendy Posts: 5,545 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

PT_99 said:

@Kabam Crashed said the game is doing fine and isn’t dying.
    I dont get this thing about game is dying when if they looked at discord the narrative guy is already next year scripts
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 651 ★★★
    It’s like it’s last on their “to do list” lol.
    I will say i think it’s a bit ridiculous to even have to wait 1/2 a year minimum on rebalancing,..and then what happens when that becomes an even longer wait?
    What do you do with a 7 star silver sable when it takes 1/2 a year or more to “rebalance” her and there has been 12 new champs added to the game by then?
    Will she still even be relevant even after her rebalancing?…when by then there might be much better options anyway?
    What kind of “data” does one have to look at to know that Silver Sable sucks?
    Sheesh,..should take a month max for her and it’s more like a fix not a rebalance.
    This whole “data collecting” seems like a bit of a scapegoat to me.
    Seems more like a “we don’t have as much time for this anymore” kinda thing.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

PT_99 said:

Moderators are going to be less active here for quite obvious reasons. Dave is really new to scene and is now running the position that we used to have 2 people for. He is going to be very busy. Crashed isn't a community manager and has other duties to attend to that don't involve forums. Finally, forums has had issues with the website provider which is why we don't see the moderator tag on any posts anymore which can make it seem like there is 0 communication.

Quite honestly, if you want more communication, go to the discord because there often are devs who chat there. Just be respectful of their time and decisions, and be respectful to others in the server.
    Discord chat is no different from global chat in-game
    Exactly. The Discord is an incoherent hellscape.
    Have you checked it recently? I agreed with you when it first launched, but I checked back earlier this week and it was very manageable.
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Posts: 224 ★★

PT_99 said:

As they've always said, if there isn't information to share they, aren't sharing it.
    Why isn't there information to share? It has been 5 months since Dust and IH got released. If they are serious about the balance program, they should be having the data and already have some update on their rebalance, cause they should ship their updated versions in a month.

So it is either they have information and not sharing or they don't have the information which is far worse cause how are they gonna ship a rebalanced champ in a month, when the original allocated time for rebalance changes was 3 months.
  • NightheartNightheart Posts: 2,027 ★★★★

Since next week is the last of July, they are probably going to release it soon
  • Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 342 ★★
    You want a balance update for dust and iron heart but they are quite solid already like have you used them at all? Can you fight them? They aren’t even remotely needing updates in my opinion. There rebalance notes are likely to be inconsequential to get. NSTW though could do with a slight tune up for damage.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,696 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

As they've always said, if there isn't information to share they, aren't sharing it.
    Why isn't there information to share? It has been 5 months since Dust and IH got released. If they are serious about the balance program, they should be having the data and already have some update on their rebalance, cause they should ship their updated versions in a month.

So it is either they have information and not sharing or they don't have the information which is far worse cause how are they gonna ship a rebalanced champ in a month, when the original allocated time for rebalance changes was 3 months.
    You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. They're definitely withholding information on purpose. I don't know why it wasn't so obvious to me before. Thanks for opening my eyes.

🙄🙄🙄
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

Since next week is the last of July, they are probably going to release it soon

It’s true. Kabam Crashed told me in a dream. He also said that ironheart will be given immortality like Herc and that dust will have her damage boosted by 500% trust
    Dang, that’s some useful insight. I just keep getting dreams telling me to “return the slab?” It’s probably nothing.

PT_99 said:

You're right. I don't know what I was thinking. They're definitely withholding information on purpose. I don't know why it wasn't so obvious to me before. Thanks for opening my eyes.

🙄🙄🙄
    Lol. I was a bit aggressive with asking for the balance update info to be released.

I just want to R2 my Dust, would be nice if I get to know what rebalancing will do to her. It's not like I am asking something new, other champs used to get their balance report card after 3 months of their release.

Don't know why y'all are against me here, as if asking for info which they should have released months ago is bad.

Pikolu said:

We all need to realize that the champion rebalances are probably really easy to implement. If kabam spent 4-5 months, I'm very confident that they could have the rebalanced champions still out in time on month 6. This is especially easy if the changes are minimal to nothing at all.

You need to realize that they’re late with their rebalance again and they’re not making any changes or buffing because they fired too much of the staff working on that
    They were fired? When did that happen? No wonder why we haven’t gotten updates yet
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,643 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Pikolu said:

We all need to realize that the champion rebalances are probably really easy to implement. If kabam spent 4-5 months, I'm very confident that they could have the rebalanced champions still out in time on month 6. This is especially easy if the changes are minimal to nothing at all.

You need to realize that they’re late with their rebalance again and they’re not making any changes or buffing because they fired too much of the staff working on that
    They were fired? When did that happen? No wonder why we haven’t gotten updates yet
    No there were not fired Jax left because he got another opportunity. Kabam mikke I can’t say for sure.
    Gamer said:

EdisonLaw said:

Pikolu said:

No there were not fired Jax left because he got another opportunity. Kabam mikke I can’t say for sure.
    They left but I was asking about the rebalancing team
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 5,251 ★★★★★

You want a balance update for dust and iron heart but they are quite solid already like have you used them at all? Can you fight them? They aren’t even remotely needing updates in my opinion. There rebalance notes are likely to be inconsequential to get. NSTW though could do with a slight tune up for damage.

I have a r2 7* awakened Ironheart, the damage is definitely not good enough for a pure attacker. Even r4 6* Shocker, FAM, Peni, Viv, Ultron, Hulkbuster, Guardian and Red Skull hit harder than her and they're all dual threat. She may not be 100% just as bad as NTW in terms of damage but it's pretty close.
    I don't think you've used her at all if you think she's fine as is cause the damage really ain't it.

PT_99 said:

🙄🙄🙄
    Lol. I was a bit aggressive with asking for the balance update info to be released.

I just want to R2 my Dust, would be nice if I get to know what rebalancing will do to her. It's not like I am asking something new, other champs used to get their balance report card after 3 months of their release.

Don't know why y'all are against me here, as if asking for info which they should have released months ago is bad.
    We're not against you asking for information. We're against you demanding info after being told there isn't anything to share, the fact they're getting new community managers up and going and now currently, they're at SDCC.

We're asking you to take the info given to you already and process it. You don't get to determine when info is released when there isn't a set timeframe to release the information. They said it's a 6 month process to collect the data and the sort it and then figure out what needs to be done.

There's 2 champs released every month, it's a constant process. Calm yourself already.

Pikolu said:

You don't know any of that. That's pure speculation. Quit trying to flame a fire that doesn't need to be bigger.

PT_99 said:

🙄🙄🙄

We're not against you asking for information. We're against you demanding info after being told there isn't anything to share, the fact they're getting new community managers up and going and now currently, they're at SDCC.

We're asking you to take the info given to you already and process it. You don't get to determine when info is released when there isn't a set timeframe to release the information. They said it's a 6 month process to collect the data and the sort it and then figure out what needs to be done.

There's 2 champs released every month, it's a constant process. Calm yourself already.
    It all boils down to the fact that communication from Kabam is down and it will remain like this for a while. I thought I could get some reply if I could post in forums, but no, looks like we have to wait a month or so before communication is back online. They used to give balance update info it earlier and if they don't want to do it now, they should inform us, so we won't be waiting for the update.

In 6 months, they should ship the final version of the champs, looks like I have to wait for 1 more month to rank up Dust. BTW where did they say they don't have anything to share? I am sure you will be here defending Kabam even if they don't release it after 6 months.