Kabam! Is the balance program scrapped?

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,767 ★★★★★
    Ok pinwheel confirmed there are updates about balanced program released soon so we can stop this thread.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Joker1976 said:

I don’t think engaging with the community ( some of us who have played many years) is a bad thing.
    It’s called bridging the gap,..and would shown they value the thoughts of the player base on maybe how to improve champions or even game modes.
    How can that be a bad thing?,..it’s not only a pro player move but i would think beneficial to Kabam.
    But again that takes communication,…and silence over the stretch of 1/2 a year or more over a champion rebalancing isn’t really beneficial to anyone i would think.

Once again with the rebalancing info it will arrive when it does u will see a post
    You do know that the final version should be out after 6 months of champ release, right? It was mentioned by kabam itself that we will get balance info update after 3 months. So, it is 100% fair for us to ask for the info since it's been 5 months already.

You don't seem to care about the balance info, so it doesn't matter to you. But there are people who are waiting for the info before they pull the rank up button.
    No. They've always said that it's their goal but nothing is set in stone. They've never created a rule saying it HAS to be out in 6 months. You're back to demanding. Even after Pinwheels response, you're demanding a fixed schedule. Something that will never happen.
    "Champion Balancing will work in a six-month cadence from the release of a new Champion.", this is what Kabam has said. This means there is regular fixed schedule for when the rebalanced champs will be released to live server. So yeah it HAS to be out in 6 months.
    You're admitting you don't understand what a cadence means? Cadence doesn't mean fixed and is always subject to change. They've never committed to a hard deadline. You've been around long enough to know they'll never commit to exact dates or hard timeframes.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,702 ★★★★★

Ok pinwheel confirmed there are updates about balanced program released soon so we can stop this thread.

See all people had to do was be patient and they will provide updates
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 229 ★★

Bendy said:

Joker1976 said:

I don’t think engaging with the community ( some of us who have played many years) is a bad thing.
    It’s called bridging the gap,..and would shown they value the thoughts of the player base on maybe how to improve champions or even game modes.
    How can that be a bad thing?,..it’s not only a pro player move but i would think beneficial to Kabam.
    But again that takes communication,…and silence over the stretch of 1/2 a year or more over a champion rebalancing isn’t really beneficial to anyone i would think.

Once again with the rebalancing info it will arrive when it does u will see a post
    You do know that the final version should be out after 6 months of champ release, right? It was mentioned by kabam itself that we will get balance info update after 3 months. So, it is 100% fair for us to ask for the info since it's been 5 months already.

You don't seem to care about the balance info, so it doesn't matter to you. But there are people who are waiting for the info before they pull the rank up button.
    No. They've always said that it's their goal but nothing is set in stone. They've never created a rule saying it HAS to be out in 6 months. You're back to demanding. Even after Pinwheels response, you're demanding a fixed schedule. Something that will never happen.
    "Champion Balancing will work in a six-month cadence from the release of a new Champion.", this is what Kabam has said. This means there is regular fixed schedule for when the rebalanced champs will be released to live server. So yeah it HAS to be out in 6 months.
    You're admitting you don't understand what a cadence means? Cadence doesn't mean fixed and is always subject to change. They've never committed to a hard deadline. You've been around long enough to know they'll never commit to exact dates or hard timeframes.
    Oh I didn't know, I have always used "cadence" to suggest something is regularly scheduled, like project cadence, review cadence. Again I am not saying they can't change stuff if they want to, it is their game, but it would be so much better for us if they inform us about those changes, instead of leaving us in suspense.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,239 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

Joker1976 said:

Oh I didn't know, I have always used "cadence" to suggest something is regularly scheduled, like project cadence, review cadence. Again I am not saying they can't change stuff if they want to, it is their game, but it would be so much better for us if they inform us about those changes, instead of leaving us in suspense.
    "To suggest" you said it yourself man
    A suggestion is not written in stone.
    You know when the cable guy tells you he is going to be at your house between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM? Its far from having an appointment at 12
  • Archit_1812Archit_1812 Member Posts: 393 ★★
    It's here: no changes to either
    Emilia90 said:

All that waiting and they’re not touching either lmao. What a disappointment

Can't say about IH, but Dust is my favourite among the two and I am glad there are no changes for her, will be going to R2 today.

Bendy said:

Joker1976 said:

"To suggest" you said it yourself man
    A suggestion is not written in stone.
    You know when the cable guy tells you he is going to be at your house between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM? Its far from having an appointment at 12
    Ah okay, got it.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,978 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

This makes me worried about the other champs like Destroyer, SPunk and Northstar especially
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

This makes me worried about the other champs like Destroyer, SPunk and Northstar especially
    Destroyer is fine what u mean destroyer hes a fantastic champ also i use on defense as hes so annoying
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Destroyer is fine what u mean destroyer hes a fantastic champ also i use on defense as hes so annoying
    Yeah he’s good but I wish his ramp was faster and he could destroy more buffs
    EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Ur being way too optimistic when these didnt get a change u should lower it maybe spider punk and sable sure but ones u said i doubt anything will happen
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Ur being way too optimistic when these didnt get a change u should lower it maybe spider punk and sable sure but ones u said i doubt anything will happen
    Sable’s probably getting changed for sure
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,365 ★★★★★
    edited July 31
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I have an alliance teammate with a r3 and every fight that isn't against a Hulkling is always between 45-50, I wouldn't call that fantastic considering it is a r3 7*. The damage is nuts when he's fully ramped but getting there in BGs is not exactly quick.
    As for defense, he's only been decent cause of the last few metas which require you to intercept or give you a ton of buffs. His kit by itself is really not that good, you don't even need a buff or dex immune to clap him, and all the current meta science champs just absolutely nuke him.
    He's definitely one of the best champs released this year but he's not going to dethrone any mystic champ that's even remotely meta relevant, he'll just be another niche champ very few people use.
    edited August 1
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

You forgot Serpent, he should be nerfed a bit on defence. No way Spunk is getting buffed, he is fine. Same with Destroyer.

For Northstar, it is too early to comment, it will be nice if he can do well in medium fights, but his kit too complex, any change in numbers then he will become even more busted in long fights. Hope he get something for bgs maybe like what spunk has start with some momentum.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    And iron heart went unchanged 🫠
    Balance programme is so over.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,530 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I have an alliance teammate with a r3 and every fight that isn't against a Hulkling is always between 45-50, I wouldn't call that fantastic considering it is a r3 7*. The damage is nuts when he's fully ramped but getting there in BGs is not exactly quick.
    As for defense, he's only been decent cause of the last few metas which require you to intercept or give you a ton of buffs. His kit by itself is really not that good, you don't even need a buff or dex immune to clap him, and all the current meta science champs just absolutely nuke him.
    He's definitely one of the best champs released this year but he's not going to dethrone any mystic champ that's even remotely meta relevant, he'll just be another niche champ very few people use.
    Not every champ needs to be a BGs champ.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,741 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

And iron heart went unchanged 🫠
    Balance programme is so over.

Because?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,530 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

How many times are you going to reply with the same dumb argument? We've done this same dance multiple times already, what part of "95% of the new champs that have been released this year aren't BGs attack champs" do you not understand?
    Yes, not every champ has to be a BGs but when you're seven months into 2024 and you haven't released a single BGs meta relevant attacker, you 100% should throw people a bone.
    Except it's their game. And if they don't want to, they don't have to.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

How many times are you going to reply with the same dumb argument? We've done this same dance multiple times already, what part of "95% of the new champs that have been released this year aren't BGs attack champs" do you not understand?
    Yes, not every champ has to be a BGs but when you're seven months into 2024 and you haven't released a single BGs meta relevant attacker, you 100% should throw people a bone.
    I’d assume that they like money so they should probably throw us a few bones lmao. People were going crazy for the Kates and Photons and Onslaughts last year and this year we have like 2 good battlegrounds champs
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,365 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I’d assume that they like money so they should probably throw us a few bones lmao. People were going crazy for the Kates and Photons and Onslaughts last year and this year we have like 2 good battlegrounds champs
    That too, it's so funny that he goes It'S thEiR GaMe not realizing that if Kabam put out more top meta relevant champs they would probably make more money to some extent since people (like me) who don't normally spend on those bundles unless it's worth it, would start spending again.

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

That too, it's so funny that he goes It'S thEiR GaMe not realizing that if Kabam put out more top meta relevant champs they would probably make more money to some extent since people (like me) who don't normally spend on those bundles unless it's worth it, would start spending again.
    I know a lot of people who just stopped spending after arcade and northstar because they realized where the 2024 champs are trending toward. Tomorrow we’ll see a sneak peek of BRB and presumably Enchantress and they really have the perfect opportunity to release two fantastic champs. If they fumble both I'm just done holding out hope lmao. BRB sounds so promising and looks amazing so here’s hoping

See y’all tomorrow and let’s hope its a discussion about how peak both champs look lol
  • DocWestDocWest Member Posts: 211 ★★★
    I just can’t see BRB being a top tier champ when he’s so cheap and easy to get. Morb is just ok and people were hoping he would be amazing as well. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not going to hold out hope for BRB. I feel like the recent trend in amazing defenders and mid to low tier attackers is not giving me any confidence in Mr. Bill.
    DocWest said:

I just can’t see BRB being a top tier champ when he’s so cheap and easy to get. Morb is just ok and people were hoping he would be amazing as well. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not going to hold out hope for BRB. I feel like the recent trend in amazing defenders and mid to low tier attackers is not giving me any confidence in Mr. Bill.

The thing is we have no idea if they take the plat track into account. He’s still being released as a regular champ as well and from what we know, he definitely has more utility than morb. I think morbs issue was that he’s so lackluster for the science class. He hits hard but barely has any relevant utility that would want to make you rank him. Not to mention that he sucks against bleed immune without high sig