Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,239 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

All that waiting and they’re not touching either lmao. What a disappointment

This makes me worried about the other champs like Destroyer, SPunk and Northstar especially
    Destroyer is fine what u mean destroyer hes a fantastic champ also i use on defense as hes so annoying
    I have an alliance teammate with a r3 and every fight that isn't against a Hulkling is always between 45-50, I wouldn't call that fantastic considering it is a r3 7*. The damage is nuts when he's fully ramped but getting there in BGs is not exactly quick.
    As for defense, he's only been decent cause of the last few metas which require you to intercept or give you a ton of buffs. His kit by itself is really not that good, you don't even need a buff or dex immune to clap him, and all the current meta science champs just absolutely nuke him.
    He's definitely one of the best champs released this year but he's not going to dethrone any mystic champ that's even remotely meta relevant, he'll just be another niche champ very few people use.
    Not every champ needs to be a BGs champ.
    How many times are you going to reply with the same dumb argument? We've done this same dance multiple times already, what part of "95% of the new champs that have been released this year aren't BGs attack champs" do you not understand?
    Yes, not every champ has to be a BGs but when you're seven months into 2024 and you haven't released a single BGs meta relevant attacker, you 100% should throw people a bone.
    Except it's their game. And if they don't want to, they don't have to.
    I’d assume that they like money so they should probably throw us a few bones lmao. People were going crazy for the Kates and Photons and Onslaughts last year and this year we have like 2 good battlegrounds champs
    His argument is not wrong; but its probably the worst situation to use it on 🤣.
    New champ acquisition is probably the most profitable thing Kabam has, and this is not the way to approach it.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,365 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

This makes me worried about the other champs like Destroyer, SPunk and Northstar especially
    Destroyer is fine what u mean destroyer hes a fantastic champ also i use on defense as hes so annoying
    I have an alliance teammate with a r3 and every fight that isn't against a Hulkling is always between 45-50, I wouldn't call that fantastic considering it is a r3 7*. The damage is nuts when he's fully ramped but getting there in BGs is not exactly quick.
    As for defense, he's only been decent cause of the last few metas which require you to intercept or give you a ton of buffs. His kit by itself is really not that good, you don't even need a buff or dex immune to clap him, and all the current meta science champs just absolutely nuke him.
    He's definitely one of the best champs released this year but he's not going to dethrone any mystic champ that's even remotely meta relevant, he'll just be another niche champ very few people use.
    How many times are you going to reply with the same dumb argument? We've done this same dance multiple times already, what part of "95% of the new champs that have been released this year aren't BGs attack champs" do you not understand?
    Yes, not every champ has to be a BGs but when you're seven months into 2024 and you haven't released a single BGs meta relevant attacker, you 100% should throw people a bone.
    I’d assume that they like money so they should probably throw us a few bones lmao. People were going crazy for the Kates and Photons and Onslaughts last year and this year we have like 2 good battlegrounds champs
    That too, it's so funny that he goes It'S thEiR GaMe not realizing that if Kabam put out more top meta relevant champs they would probably make more money to some extent since people (like me) who don't normally spend on those bundles unless it's worth it, would start spending again.
    I know a lot of people who just stopped spending after arcade and northstar because they realized where the 2024 champs are trending toward. Tomorrow we’ll see a sneak peek of BRB and presumably Enchantress and they really have the perfect opportunity to release two fantastic champs. If they fumble both I'm just done holding out hope lmao. BRB sounds so promising and looks amazing so here’s hoping

See y’all tomorrow and let’s hope its a discussion about how peak both champs look lol
    Dave made a comment basically saying we're probably going to love him which has given me a bit of hope so we'll see. If he turns out to be mid though I will never trust a single word Kabam says ever again lol.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,767 ★★★★★
    Dumbest move from kabam side. Ironheart is a perfect champ. Counters really a lot of stuff. A slight tune up would have made her a monster but kabam god's refused to do so.

I always thought ironheart and nimrod as agreat pair. There are 3 meta defenders nimmy can't handle - dust, bishop and onslut, while ironheart can nuke them, Only if she she got a slight buff.

It is really sad to see a champ with great potential is gonna end up in the bin. Even omega sentinel have a less stressing rotation.

Indeed it seems like the balance program is scrapped.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,978 ★★★★★
    DocWest said:

I just can’t see BRB being a top tier champ when he’s so cheap and easy to get. Morb is just ok and people were hoping he would be amazing as well. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not going to hold out hope for BRB. I feel like the recent trend in amazing defenders and mid to low tier attackers is not giving me any confidence in Mr. Bill.

Morb is good but he is so outclassed by the rest of the science class.
    Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

lol how many meta-relevant BG champs have we gotten this year? Maybe one or two?

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

That too, it's so funny that he goes It'S thEiR GaMe not realizing that if Kabam put out more top meta relevant champs they would probably make more money to some extent since people (like me) who don't normally spend on those bundles unless it's worth it, would start spending again.
    I know a lot of people who just stopped spending after arcade and northstar because they realized where the 2024 champs are trending toward. Tomorrow we’ll see a sneak peek of BRB and presumably Enchantress and they really have the perfect opportunity to release two fantastic champs. If they fumble both I'm just done holding out hope lmao. BRB sounds so promising and looks amazing so here’s hoping

See y’all tomorrow and let’s hope its a discussion about how peak both champs look lol
    Dave made a comment basically saying we're probably going to love him which has given me a bit of hope so we'll see. If he turns out to be mid though I will never trust a single word Kabam says ever again lol.
    We’ll see tomorrow during the livestream, for now, take everything with a grain of salt
  • HarryatomixHarryatomix Member Posts: 229 ★★
    We get champs like Northstar, who are only good at very long fights and still get outclassed by Aegon Kate. Why will an average player consider buying early access crystals for such a champ. He will not be used anywhere in game. We got Onslaught earlier who does well in Everest, why did they have to release Northstar as Everest only champ.
    edited August 2
    EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

We’ll see tomorrow during the livestream, for now, take everything with a grain of salt
    I am more interested in Enchantress, want to see how well she can handle Serpent. If they are not gonna nerf Serpent significantly atleast they are gonna ship hard counters for him.
    edited August 2

We get champs like Northstar, who are only good at very long fights and still get outclassed by Aegon Kate. Why will an average player consider buying early access crystals for such a champ. He will not be used anywhere in game. We got Onslaught earlier who does well in Everest, why did they have to release Northstar as Everest only champ.

MCOC in 2024 in a nutshell.

I'm just hoping Beta Ray Bill is good,
    There's always hope

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I am more interested in Enchantress, want to see how well she can handle Serpent. If they are not gonna nerf Serpent significantly atleast they are gonna ship hard counters for him.
    yeah that's what I'm predicting. Two months after Bullseye was released we got three new counters, Prowler, Mr Sinister and Negasonic teenage warhead. I don't think Enchantress will hard counter Bullseye, but she might do well.

Dumbest move from kabam side. Ironheart is a perfect champ. Counters really a lot of stuff. A slight tune up would have made her a monster but kabam god's refused to do so.

I always thought ironheart and nimrod as agreat pair. There are 3 meta defenders nimmy can't handle - dust, bishop and onslut, while ironheart can nuke them, Only if she she got a slight buff.

It is really sad to see a champ with great potential is gonna end up in the bin. Even omega sentinel have a less stressing rotation.

Indeed it seems like the balance program is scrapped.

She could've easily been a top 10 tech if they just made the chance to gain armor 40% or 50%, she had so much potential. Now she'll just be another niche champ people rarely use.
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

yeah that's what I'm predicting. Two months after Bullseye was released we got three new counters, Prowler, Mr Sinister and Negasonic teenage warhead. I don't think Enchantress will hard counter Bullseye, but she might do well.
    I find there is a problem with skill class (and mutant because of that), there are no exclusive mutant RPG mechanics that help against skill defenders. Almost all mutants have to crit in order to do damage and we have killmonger and korg who reduce crit chance. Science class has sunder which counters skill champs while mutant have none.

Skill threats are purify, cleanse, bleed, damage reflect, evade, critical resistance. All these are countered by any class champ. Compare it with Cosmic class, they need niche answers which are provided by mystic class alone like nullify, fateseal, neutralize. Or consider tech class which need answers like armour break power drain immunity which cosmic only has.
    EdisonLaw said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

lol how many meta-relevant BG champs have we gotten this year? Maybe one or two?
    Meta relevant? Zero. Strong enough to be meta relevant but is slept on? Wigra. Our point still stands though yes lmao he's just an apologist ignore him.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,393 ★★★★★
    Tbh I'm not sad they didn't release any BG relevant champs, makes it easier to follow and stay as competitive as possible as a ftp. Let the whale spend on useless things for now

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

If you're expecting a hard counter you're probably going to be very disappointed. It took nearly a year for them to give us Patriot for Photon, and when they gave us Negasonic for Bullseye she turned out to be a turtle, same thing for Sinister if there's Inequity. There's always a catch, so don't expect a champ that can completely dog on him cause it's very unlikely Enchantress will be just that.
    xLunatiXx said:

Tbh I'm not sad they didn't release any BG relevant champs, makes it easier to follow and stay as competitive as possible as a ftp. Let the whale spend on useless things for now

If you're an endgame player you can get all of those completely f2p too you just have to wait for the featured to get updated, and I don't know about you but I'm sick of seeing the same meta relevant champs in every deck for the past year and a half.

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

If you're expecting a hard counter you're probably going to be very disappointed. It took nearly a year for them to give us Patriot for Photon, and when they gave us Negasonic for Bullseye she turned out to be a turtle, same thing for Sinister if there's Inequity. There's always a catch, so don't expect a champ that can completely dog on him cause it's very unlikely Enchantress will be just that.
    She doesn't need to be as fast as Chavez, just give us someone who isn't hampered by his resistances and can deal with his death immunity. If she can finish Serpent with full yellow bar in 70-80s it is good enough. Problem with bullseye is he has great counters outside mutant class, Serpent can only be countered by mystic class.

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Emilia90 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

She doesn't need to be as fast as Chavez, just give us someone who isn't hampered by his resistances and can deal with his death immunity. If she can finish Serpent with full yellow bar in 70-80s it is good enough. Problem with bullseye is he has great counters outside mutant class, Serpent can only be countered by mystic class.
    Well, Kushala and Chavez can both already do that but faster so I don't know if that would be good enough to make her relevant.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,393 ★★★★★

xLunatiXx said:

If you're an endgame player you can get all of those completely f2p too you just have to wait for the featured to get updated, and I don't know about you but I'm sick of seeing the same meta relevant champs in every deck for the past year and a half.
    Yes but you'd still have to face those champs from pre bundle sales for some time.
    Now with r3s being more common it's becoming less and less of an issue I'll admit
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,767 ★★★★★
    I mean doom already hard counters serpent. He is just not viable for bgs.

Chavez and kushala are great counters everyone know, ButI also wanna say soc supreme does pretty good job against serpent too. Her sp2 can deal huge damage if it crits, and can regen serpent's special damage on block. Not many players have her ranked, But she can give a good fight.

I believe enchantress will definitely counter serpent in some way. Like applying staggers and reducing his power rate/power steal effects like doom, But with more damage. That's enough imo. I feel optimistic about her 🤞
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,681 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Honestly no there so much more then bg and bg don’t always meant nuke time tbh I a bit stupid if you around 90 seconds there is a high chance you loss i don’t like that’s.

I mean doom already hard counters serpent. He is just not viable for bgs.

Chavez and kushala are great counters everyone know, ButI also wanna say soc supreme does pretty good job against serpent too. Her sp2 can deal huge damage if it crits, and can regen serpent's special damage on block. Not many players have her ranked, But she can give a good fight.

I believe enchantress will definitely counter serpent in some way. Like applying staggers and reducing his power rate/power steal effects like doom, But with more damage. That's enough imo. I feel optimistic about her 🤞

Serpent reduces crits, burst damage, bleed and has resistance to attacks. He needs someone who can power steal consistently, deal with his death immunity, throw specials more often and have dot damage to bypass his resistances.
    Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Honestly no there so much more then bg and bg don’t always meant nuke time tbh I a bit stupid if you around 90 seconds there is a high chance you loss i don’t like that’s.
    Regardless of whether you play BGs or not, a lot of people do, and the truth is that (besides White Tiger) every single champ this year is useless for BGs attack unless you're a Bronze-Silver bot.
    Also, yes nuke time matters in higher leagues, you obviously don't play BGs though.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 943 ★★★★
    So to summarised,

The Rebalance Program is now:-

Champs - OP - Tune down right away
    Champs - OK - Leave
    Champs - Underwhelmed - Don't have time - nah just leave it too.

But at least Kabam got the "Rebalance" program to ensure no OP champs escaped into the game..well as long as they are not stupidly OP and unfair Defs, those can come through.

Sure those new bundles and Feature Valiant crystals will be flying off the shelves now.

Nice work Netmarble.

Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Regardless of whether you play BGs or not, a lot of people do, and the truth is that (besides White Tiger) every single champ this year is useless for BGs attack unless you're a Bronze-Silver bot.
    Also, yes nuke time matters in higher leagues, you obviously don't play BGs though.
    I do play bg not as much as you probably but no there need to be a balance nukes is to much again my opinion stop making assumptions for what I play and don’t play. Yes I no celt because one I not going to break my stressful lvl to get there simple as that’s as lest jugg is fully counter this meta. There a lot of offer nuke I wished we had bg meta where you stil had a chance to win if you had time above 70 to 80 seconds but obviously that’s most time a lost.
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

I do play bg not as much as you probably but no there need to be a balance nukes is to much again my opinion stop making assumptions for what I play and don’t play. Yes I no celt because one I not going to break my stressful lvl to get there simple as that’s as lest jugg is fully counter this meta. There a lot of offer nuke I wished we had bg meta where you stil had a chance to win if you had time above 70 to 80 seconds but obviously that’s most time a lost.
    Nukes don't break the game and they can 100% be balanced, champs like Herc on the other hand do break the game but nobody here is asking for another Herc.

I'm making assumptions cause you're always trying to argue with me saying the same things "not everyone plays BGs", you don't need to point out the obvious, I'm fully aware. That doesn't however change the fact that a lot of people do play it and these champs are basically useless at a certain level. It's been seven months and we still got nothing.

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Buttehrs said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Emilia90 said:

Nukes don't break the game and they can 100% be balanced, champs like Herc on the other hand do break the game but nobody here is asking for another Herc.

I'm making assumptions cause you're always trying to argue with me saying the same things "not everyone plays BGs", you don't need to point out the obvious, I'm fully aware. That doesn't however change the fact that a lot of people do play it and these champs are basically useless at a certain level. It's been seven months and we still got nothing.
    But again I normally agerd with you though. But one thing BG I wish we had more time then 2 minutes fights but I know why it not there’s. But obviously nuke is fine if it was around 30 seconds. But 20 seconds is silly in my opinion locking at juggs.