Crystal cleansing. A call to "big sisters and brothers" of MCOC

Comments

• smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Power trip much? Let’s see how much power you have.
    Yeah, I’m the one that needs this place lol.
    You think I complain?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,853 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

You think I complain?

• GasHaulerGasHauler Member Posts: 185 ★★

*Not my account, but an old alliance mates account that doesn’t really play the game anymore…
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,222 ★★★★★
    bro get them to open some!!!
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★
    Lasting 14 days, were almost in the mid of event with almost 500 millions crystals openned.

In the end, maybe we have 700/800 millions.

With the whales help,maybe we complete this
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    I could have opened a 100 quest crystals but i made the mistake of trading it for 1 crystal in the Black Iso Store 😭😭😭
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Bugmat78 said:

DrZola said:

Seems like a good idea in concept—but in practice it’s just a colossal bore.

Assuming it’s still aimed at mid-tier players, I would redesign by putting a premium on certain crystals (Titans, etc.) if you want the endgamers to boost the noobs. I’ve popped a pair of Titans and I cannot fathom getting the same points as a purple starter quest crystal.

I’d also make it easier to sell all of the unneeded stuff you get from popping crystals to “help out the community.” Example: Because you can’t select 100 arena boosts, anyone who pops drives of old arena boosts has to choose between (1) thumb arthritis from individually selecting to sell them or (2) just letting them clog up stash and expire.

Dr. Zola

This - said it in the other thread. I've opened over 5k crystals and I am bored. Had to sell thousands of arena boosts manually vs watching the red alert buttone very time I go to the home screen. No thanks.
    You mean you aren't using them?

Oh look: four more crystals.

oh God no..still..impressive!
    edited September 25
    saw a tweet earlier where someone had opened 11k+ gold crystals alone, got 271m in gold and STILL had 330K+ unopened crystals.

what really put my teeth on edge was the over 300 notifications on their profile, though. like, WTF DUDE?!!!
  • Avenger_A1Avenger_A1 Member Posts: 349
    Not sure we're on course to get all milestones. Best we can do is try to get there by motivating our respective alliances to open more crystals.
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 151
    edited September 26

Not sure we're on course to get all milestones. Best we can do is try to get there by motivating our respective alliances to open more crystals.

My alliance is barely participating. Even the leader - who also doesn't even fight, just follows completed paths. There's 5 of us carrying the team in this realm event, Alliance events, AW & AQ. I think we're all bouncing to other alliances after the season ends.
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Member Posts: 884 ★★★★

My alliance is barely participating. Even the leader - who also doesn't even fight, just follows completed paths. There's 5 of us carrying the team in this realm event, Alliance events, AW & AQ. I think we're all bouncing to other alliances after the season ends.

Genuinely curious how long you’ve been there and why you haven’t left yet? Sounds like an awful alliance.
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 151
    edited September 26
    Shamir51 said:

Genuinely curious how long you’ve been there and why you haven’t left yet? Sounds like an awful alliance.
    I've been in a couple different ones. This one was good when I started... especially when I was lower ranked. Lately I am getting invites to Gold teams, but I'm not even sure when's the best time to jump teams. You know, how much am I going to lose with so much contributed to the season and alliance events rewards? The season ends in 8 days. Unless I'm not losing anything, I'm sticking around until the season ends in 8 days.
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Member Posts: 245
    I only have just over 1000 crystals now. If I open the infinity crystal 20K times, will that count?
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 482 ★★★
    OzFearUs said:

I only have just over 1000 crystals now. If I open the infinity crystal 20K times, will that count?

That's actually brilliant
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★

Tell me i have to invest 175 t2 dust, so this 25 dust does not expire.
    I'll be ascending one soon tho, BUT, But that 25 dust is more like spiderman putting dirt in my eyes.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian
    OzFearUs said:

Yes, it will.

However, you will need to have 19,999 alt accounts with the infinity crystal to do that, because after that event ended Kabam changed the crystal so that the next spin you do will guaranteed open that crystal with a final result.
    edited September 26
    Oh yeah the prank crystal...
  • Monk1Monk1 Member Posts: 751 ★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

I’ve just opened 250 Gold Crystals. You open them in batches of 10. It literally took my 25 seconds.

I don’t understand the mindset of “it takes soooooooo long to open and it’s not worth the time.” Just spend 25 seconds every few times you open the game and help the community out. Anyone who has the mindset that rewards are beneath them as it’s not worth a few seconds when play the game is pretty selfish.

There in lies the problem.. I have 9000 gold crystals.. just open about 1k and felt like it too ages.. why there is not a 100 button as minimum is beyond me!
    edited September 26
    Monk1 said:

Wozzle007 said:

I’ve just opened 250 Gold Crystals. You open them in batches of 10. It literally took my 25 seconds.

I don’t understand the mindset of “it takes soooooooo long to open and it’s not worth the time.” Just spend 25 seconds every few times you open the game and help the community out. Anyone who has the mindset that rewards are beneath them as it’s not worth a few seconds when play the game is pretty selfish.

There in lies the problem.. I have 9000 gold crystals.. just open about 1k and felt like it too ages.. why there is not a 100 button as minimum is beyond me!
    Because you would use it 1x and coding it for 1 event is probably not worthy.
    And probably because the avg MCoC player is clumsy and we would have tons of posts in the forums complaining about that button, opening 100 crystals by accident so we can spam lols at them.
    Monk1 said:

Wozzle007 said:

The way the game was originally implemented, crystals cannot be mass opened. They must be individually randomized and generated. So when we push a ten pop button, the server is still actually doing ten crystals individually one at a time and then presenting you with a result.

The reason why they can't just arbitrarily put a 50 button or a 100 button or a 1000 button is because the game has various timeouts and interlocks that mean if a glitch happens during the processing of those mass activities, bad things can happen. For example, in the old days when players would try to add, say, 100 sig stones to a champion, if that glitched you could discover all your sig stones gone with no sig levels, or the opposite all the sig levels and still all the stones in your inventory (this one actually happened to me once). They changed the way sig stones worked to prevent that from happening. But the same solution can't be implemented on any crystal with a random reward table, because there's no way to accelerate a random reward table with short cuts.

The reason for a lot of "tens" everywhere there are mass buttons is both arbitrary and not arbitrary. It is an arbitrary safe limit, because in the general case larger numbers can invite all sorts of game instability or errors.

To be honest, gold crystals are trivial to open. I had a ton. Tap tap tap. PHCs, on the other hand, are a mess to open. I don't think most humans could get past a hundred without picturing a drill boring a hole in the side of their head.
  • Monk1Monk1 Member Posts: 751 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Monk1 said:

Wozzle007 said:

The way the game was originally implemented, crystals cannot be mass opened. They must be individually randomized and generated. So when we push a ten pop button, the server is still actually doing ten crystals individually one at a time and then presenting you with a result.

The reason why they can't just arbitrarily put a 50 button or a 100 button or a 1000 button is because the game has various timeouts and interlocks that mean if a glitch happens during the processing of those mass activities, bad things can happen. For example, in the old days when players would try to add, say, 100 sig stones to a champion, if that glitched you could discover all your sig stones gone with no sig levels, or the opposite all the sig levels and still all the stones in your inventory (this one actually happened to me once). They changed the way sig stones worked to prevent that from happening. But the same solution can't be implemented on any crystal with a random reward table, because there's no way to accelerate a random reward table with short cuts.

The reason for a lot of "tens" everywhere there are mass buttons is both arbitrary and not arbitrary. It is an arbitrary safe limit, because in the general case larger numbers can invite all sorts of game instability or errors.

To be honest, gold crystals are trivial to open. I had a ton. Tap tap tap. PHCs, on the other hand, are a mess to open. I don't think most humans could get past a hundred without picturing a drill boring a hole in the side of their head.
    Thanks.. explains it but does not make it any easier… also why I won’t be spending time opening all hero crystals shards.. to be left with 10k iso in inventory and have to further tap to sell it all.

If Kabam wanted people to empty.inventory then needed to offer decent solo rewards to make worth while
    Monk1 said:

If Kabam wanted people to empty.inventory then needed to offer decent solo rewards to make worth while

Kabam doesn't want players to open crystals. Kabam wants to see how many we're willing to open. Just like Kabam didn't want players to die during Road to the Crypt, they wanted to see how many players were willing to push for Necropolis completion sooner than later, because sooner always means more dying than later.

People are linking Kabam crystal cleansing with player crystal cleansing. Kabam wanted to test the realm event systems. They needed something simple that would engage as many players as possible. Crystal opening is a good choice because everyone does it anyway, whether there's an event or not.

The kind of crystal cleansing that Kabam does to periodically improve game performance is not helped by players opening tons of gold crystals, because MCOC has to track gold crystal inventories whether players have a million gold crystals or zero. It takes the same work regardless. What they want to clear, and what they periodically do clear, are the old crystals. The kind that players have one or two of, and opening them will have minimal impact on the realm event, but is currently cluttering up the inventory databases and game client resources with images and data for stuff 99.999% of the players will never see again or interact with.

This bears repeating. Whether players have one crystal or a million crystals or *zero* of a crystal, the game has to do exactly precisely the same amount of work. But your game client contains images of crystals you will never get again and never see again but has to be downloaded to every phone that runs the game, and has to be uploaded to the servers every time the devs update the game, and have to be processed by the servers every time crystal operations are performed, because eight players forgot to open them. Every player has invisible inventory space holding a "zero" in it for every such crystal that exists, times hundreds of millions of game accounts that exist or were ever created in the ten year existence of the game. Every such crystal makes the game server back end databases larger and larger and larger. And thus slower.

Clearing those out of the game helps a lot, but not when players open a million of them. It helps when the *last* player opens the *last* one. Or Kabam does it for them.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★

saw a tweet earlier where someone had opened 11k+ gold crystals alone, got 271m in gold and STILL had 330K+ unopened crystals.

what really put my teeth on edge was the over 300 notifications on their profile, though. like, WTF DUDE?!!!

Wow! Lmao wtf and how?!?! Just how? Lol
    OzFearUs said:

Lmaoooo

Wow! Lmao wtf and how?!?! Just how? Lol
    It was 30k crystals, not 330k. Still a lot, but not an unbelievably large amount.
    GasHauler said:

*Not my account, but an old alliance mates account that doesn’t really play the game anymore…

Sheesh!
    great, this thread's bust now too and it's only 4 pages.