Announcing Event Quest: The Age of Sentry [Updated: Jan 2nd - 21:18 pm PDT]

Comments

• Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Member Posts: 223
    Wahoo! A 24 hour break for some of these MCOC addicts.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,424 Guardian
    RSoxNo1 wrote: »
    Ice phoenix was possible in a single run

Enlighten me. Short of a full health Rank 4, 5* champ it was a health drain that limited you to one or two combos.

With the modified Ice Phoenix that was changed literally an hour or two after the event started? Not even close. Cold Snap did 11k of damage. Not only would all 4/55s easily take that much damage, 3/45s could also take it. In fact, many 5/50s could survive. I'll do you one better: a 5/50 Daredevil could survive cold snap. That's with class disadvantage.

I actually tried 5/50 Daredevil to see how he did. Not badly actually: in my best run he managed to take about half the health of Ice Phoenix away before dropping. Mostly, that was because he could auto-evade special one so I never got tagged with it in that fight.

I never soloed Ice Phoenix: I'm not quite that good. But my best two runs were done with no potions and just the team that arrived to fight her, which I considered really good for me. My best run was 4/55 Iceman, 5/50 AV, and 5/50 Daredevil.
  • Pry22Pry22 Member Posts: 136
    Hey Summoners,

We wanted to give everybody a heads up that, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we will unfortunately have to delay the start of the Age of Sentry Event Quest that is scheduled to begin at 10 am PDT tomorrow. We're still aiming to have the quest out Tomorrow.

We're really sorry for the delay, and hope to have you all in the Quest ASAP!

Lmfao ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! It’s my only day off & bought a bunch of boosts to do a legend tag run & of course I can’t do it tomorrow. This is constant with you guys, what a joke

HI Steel
  • SteelheadSteelhead Member Posts: 52
    Who on earth is flagging all these posts?
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Member Posts: 152
    Steelhead wrote: »
    Who on earth is flagging all these posts?

((THIS GUY))
  • TikloyTikloy Member Posts: 13
    Props to you @Kabam Miike finally some actual transparency when updating us. It’s definitely appreciated over the usual “we are working on it” “I’ll ask the team”
  • ElementalSummonElementalSummon Member Posts: 9
    Hey Guys, just posted this in another thread, but I have some information to share on the cause of the delay, but I do not yet have an ETA.

There was a bug in the Quest where the information/fights displaying were different on the server, and what you would see in game, and would have made this a way different (harder) experience.

This caused us to have to delay it, and we're currently working on getting it fixed, tested and out the door ASAP.

Please keep us updated and also any chance there will be any sort of compensation for this delay, I think a few energy refills and/or boosts would suffice but if 5* shards and revives are thrown in there too no one will complain

• ShadowNetShadowNet Member Posts: 95
    Hey Guys, just posted this in another thread, but I have some information to share on the cause of the delay, but I do not yet have an ETA.

There was a bug in the Quest where the information/fights displaying were different on the server, and what you would see in game, and would have made this a way different (harder) experience.

This caused us to have to delay it, and we're currently working on getting it fixed, tested and out the door ASAP.

Please keep us updated and also any chance there will be any sort of compensation for this delay, I think a few energy refills and/or boosts would suffice but if 5* shards and revives are thrown in there too no one will complain

Lmao, would you like some compensation for global warming as well while we're at it? You know what... i also don't like that there are only 24 hours in a day, let's demand compensation for that! ;)
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Member Posts: 235 ★★
    ShadowNet wrote: »

Lmao, would you like some compensation for global warming as well while we're at it? You know what... i also don't like that there are only 24 hours in a day, let's demand compensation for that! ;)

We definitely are gonna need some compensation in the form of time. I'll be waiting for Kabam to send me a 28 hour day in the mail.
  • MadddcorEMadddcorE Member Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike transparency is a very imortant prob of kabam and very much people are angry cause it's not ypur way to handle the problem with customer communication.

Why do you put so many files into one update and hope it is working at all? Keep updating every month will be the better possibility, isn't it?
  • teekqteekq Member Posts: 190
    Good luck. They held my t5 for almost a week no compensation lmao
    Mana_Pot wrote: »

We definitely are gonna need some compensation in the form of time. I'll be waiting for Kabam to send me a 28 hour day in the mail.

Let's not forget 5* generic awakening gem on top of those time dialation boosts ;)
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Member Posts: 235 ★★
    Mana_Pot wrote: »

Let's not forget 5* generic awakening gem on top of those time dialation boosts ;)

You're thinking too small. We need to start demanding 6* awakening gems now.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★

@ElementalSummon what exactly are you wanting compensation for? What are you losing by not doing the quest? We are still getting 30 days to complete it. We are still getting 2 weeks to do a legends run. We are still getting the rewards for completion. They don't owe us any compensation. They are correcting a mistake that was caught last minute. I'd much rather wait for it like this than to have it and then be taken away to get fixed.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★
    MadddcorE wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike transparency is a very imortant prob of kabam and very much people are angry cause it's not ypur way to handle the problem with customer communication.

Why do you put so many files into one update and hope it is working at all? Keep updating every month will be the better possibility, isn't it?

No, its more expensive to update that often. Its much easier to create content and package it all together.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Member Posts: 287
    If there is going to be any serious consideration towards compensation regarding global warming then I could do with a very cold case of beer delivered to Australia, apparently we're in for a 41 Celsius / 105 Fahrenheit on Saturday.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,511 ★★★★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We wanted to give everybody a heads up that, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we will unfortunately have to delay the start of the Age of Sentry Event Quest that is scheduled to begin at 10 am PDT tomorrow. We're still aiming to have the quest out Tomorrow.

Lmfao ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! It’s my only day off & bought a bunch of boosts to do a legend tag run & of course I can’t do it tomorrow. This is constant with you guys, what a joke

@SteelCurtainMUT you have 2 weeks to record a legends time. Get over yourself. If they released it with the problems they are having, you'd be upset posting stupid stuff as well. Be happy they are trying prevent issues. Its a game, not real life.

it is a paid service not just a game.

Nope, it's still just a mobile game.

if we are paying then it is service and we can expect certain things.
    Imagine you bought a phone and it is not working as intended, you went the dealer and complained and the guy at service desk told you this, "chill man this is just a phone, not a real life"

You don't buy the phone. You rent permission to use it. It's not Lease-To-Own. Lol. They're doing what they can.
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Member Posts: 159
    If there is going to be any serious consideration towards compensation regarding global warming then I could do with a very cold case of beer delivered to Australia, apparently we're in for a 41 Celsius / 105 Fahrenheit on Saturday.

Jeez ! No winter for you pal
    Hey Summoners,

@SteelCurtainMUT you have 2 weeks to record a legends time. Get over yourself. If they released it with the problems they are having, you'd be upset posting stupid stuff as well. Be happy they are trying prevent issues. Its a game, not real life.

Imagine you bought a phone and it is not working as intended, you went the dealer and complained and the guy at service desk told you this, "chill man this is just a phone, not a real life"

You don't buy the phone. You rent permission to use it. It's not Lease-To-Own. Lol. They're doing what they can.

Did you mean it the other way around? Don't think i've ever rented a phone... lol
    Or is it a US carrier thing?
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Member Posts: 432 ★★
    Who cares about compensation just want them to release this before it gets too late or at least tell us it’s not coming today so I can stop coming to these awful forums to check lol
  • QwertyQwerty Member Posts: 636 ★★★
    Hey Summoners,

Did you mean it the other way around? Don't think i've ever rented a phone... lol

nah, in the US you definitely buy the phone.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Member Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    At this rate we are all gonna die from WW3 before the EQ gets dropped
  • Kabam MiikeKabam Miike Moderator Posts: 8,269
    MadddcorE wrote: »

That's not how updates or our content works. Having separated this into a new update would have had no effect on this at all.
    Hey Summoners,

I was referring more to the TOS where we don't really own anything. Although here in Canada, that's how phone companies get you. 2 or 3 year contracts, pay the phone off, 0 down, and a breach of contract nabs you for $1600 or more. Lol.
    Hey Summoners,

I was referring more to the TOS where we don't really own anything. Although here in Canada, that's how phone companies get you. 2 or 3 year contracts, pay the phone off, 0 down, and a breach of contract nabs you for $1600 or more. Lol.

That sounds awful, here i just pay 800'ish or so eur for a phone and i own it, no sketchy contracts or stuff.
    edited January 2018
    Hey Summoners,

That sounds awful, here i just pay 800'ish or so eur for a phone and i own it, no sketchy contracts or stuff.

There's also that option, but the "0 Down" is how they catch your attention. You pay the phone off every month, but no one stops to read the fine print.
    Me and bunch of people in my ally started getting connection issues... can we expect some kind of patch for the event shortly?
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Member, Guardian Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    @GroundedWisdom Wow, Canadian phone providers are vicious, lol.
    @GroundedWisdom Wow, Canadian phone providers are vicious, lol.

They are. Lol. Slowly there are more regulations coming in, but it's still sketchy business.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Member Posts: 224
    Was pumping some sig stones in and got a connection error, guessing you guys are adding the quest now?