**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Announcing Boss Rush: Underdogs Unleashed

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Magneto was annoying, but it really wasn't bad -- I actually had fun. The characters in the rush aren't the best, but what are you gonna do? Everybody knows it. I chose to have fun with it, get some practice in on the nodes and characters with larger health pools who I could let loose on a bit.

Believe it or not, I took my 5-star Ronan in there just because I felt like it, and he was actually pretty useful against Kamala Khan.

The funniest part, though: I pulled an Iron Patriot from the crystal. Which, to be fair, is in line for the effort level. I laughed.

Mine is at Level 70 now -- IPwas one of my first duped 4-stars a long time ago, and I did pump a few stones into him in order to make him usable, because sometimes, you gotta try to clear content with what you have.

Who knows? Maybe these six characters are gonna get buffed in the future?

Personally, I am actually one of those people who uses Kamala Khan effectively, but I understand why people want more utility in this game. For example, I didn't bring Star-Lord. Or Blade. Or Sparky.

I didn't go full Meme Team, but the biggest point I think I would like to make is that it would be nice to have some of the weaker characters be adjusted so you could consider using them to run through something like a boss challenge.

I hate using Star-Lord to clear content. I do it when I have to, but I hate it.

I'd much rather have a deeper bench of characters who have a decent amount of damage that scales. Hopefully, when the results of the Boss Rush are in, we'll see these characters put into the shop and buffed up a bit.

We can always hope, you know?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited January 2018
    It was kind of sad and fun at the same time beating the hell out of the champions no one likes then you also realise with all those nodes all those higher stats they are still the worst. Kind of pathetic to be honest. I just kept saying stay down guys you will never win. Kabam should of never put their faith in you 6.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I have several maxed out 4* and a few level 3 5* and I got decimated by the first boss. Pretty sure I still don't know what I am doing in the game.

Are you being sarcastic?

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Crazy202 wrote: »
    Magneto pissed memoff so much with the curse bs I ended up breaking my phone and my wrist guess I won’t play this game ever again rip

The irony here is after I team wiped to Magneto because I couldn't get the timing right, I switched tactics and specifically used bane itself to kill him. I would evade, evade, evade, then charge in to transfer bane, then deliberately shadow box him while bane did the work, then only went back in when I needed to transfer it again.

I'm embarrassed to say that it took another team revive to finish him off, but the result was never in doubt. He just slowly evaporated away with his own bane node.

Besides Magneto, I only died one other time, to Kamala at the end. It didn't help I tried to take her down with Ghost Rider first and had to eat the mystic damage enema at the start, but then Iceman took her down relatively easy.

This is way easier than the last boss rush, with only Magneto being problematic. And you're basically fighting the node, not Magneto. You could have put an inflatable pool toy on that node and it would rack up a few kills against quite a few players.
    @DNA3000 : Why be embarrassed? People are going to lie and act like they all ran through that Magneto without using revives, but I'd bet a paycheck quite a few people used either a team revive or multiple individual revives -- it wasn't an impossible kill, but with 158K health, Bane and Thorns, an awakened Magneto was always gonna claim his share of victims.

I absolutely died a few times to him. Not embarrassed at all -- Thorns was active. I couldn't kill the guy without hitting him
    ESF wrote: »
    @DNA3000 : Why be embarrassed? People are going to lie and act like they all ran through that Magneto without using revives, but I'd bet a paycheck quite a few people used either a team revive or multiple individual revives -- it wasn't an impossible kill, but with 158K health, Bane and Thorns, an awakened Magneto was always gonna claim his share of victims.

I absolutely died a few times to him. Not embarrassed at all -- Thorns was active. I couldn't kill the guy without hitting him

I don't think anyone should be embarrassed to admit they died to Magneto in general: I think relative to the average player that is a standout difficult node in an otherwise moderately difficult chain. I'm mostly embarrassed because I think I have the skill to do it without completely team wiping, but I didn't execute as well as I could have.

I'm definitely not skilled enough to take him down without dying. On my best day I might be skilled enough to take him down before dying five times. Today was not that day.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I don't think anyone should be embarrassed to admit they died to Magneto in general: I think relative to the average player that is a standout difficult node in an otherwise moderately difficult chain. I'm mostly embarrassed because I think I have the skill to do it without completely team wiping, but I didn't execute as well as I could have.

I'm definitely not skilled enough to take him down without dying. On my best day I might be skilled enough to take him down before dying five times. Today was not that day.

No judgment from me -- I put him down with Hyperion, Archangel and Iceman, and they all died a few times. As I always say: I am squarely an above-average player. Not great. Not average.

I understand there are some people who are amazing at this game, and unfortunately, none of the characters I just listed are 5-stars. My 5-star roster is absolute trash for stuff like this.

So yeah. In my case, running 4-stars against that node...I knew there would be casualties. I know I/we weren't the only ones

• DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Fun challenge. Mags was only real issue, took me a few matches before i realized he was stun immune.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    People are going to lie and act like they all ran through that Magneto without using revives, but I'd bet a paycheck quite a few people used either a team revive or multiple individual revives

So true... People say EASY but when you ask almost everyone used at least a team revive. Unfortunately many now have the habit to use items after iteams to clear content, so using a team revive for a single fight is considered easy. Magneto was not, Bane is a pain in the ass if you can't stun him.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    People are going to lie and act like they all ran through that Magneto without using revives, but I'd bet a paycheck quite a few people used either a team revive or multiple individual revives

So true... People say EASY but when you ask almost everyone used at least a team revive. Unfortunately many now have the habit to use items after iteams to clear content, so using a team revive for a single fight is considered easy. Magneto was not, Bane is a pain in the ass if you can't stun him.

i used 0 revives on magneto and didn't use a 2nd champ, just solo
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited January 2018
    danielmath wrote: »

Same here dude. No deaths at all. My 5* AA is R5, level 140. Chopped right through him. His NT's counter & negate thorns, just as his NT's also stun stun immune's. I almost did lose AA from Bane, though. Magz died, while my AA only had 11% hp left. Lol! Did you use your R5 Iceman?

But just like every other released content; it's all about having the right champs. I tried posting a video on here from my phone, but this forum doesn't allow it.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    Solo Magneto is hard but 2-4 champs to beat him is not that hard, people just overthinking it
  • Wolves212Wolves212 Posts: 17
    Man I just don't get it I have 6 rank 5 champs and still cant beat this game or anything passed act 5.1.6 I'm seriously like what is the point. I have a R5 SL, SW,GHOSTRIDER,HYPERION,ICEMAN, EXT. AND I BEAT ANY OF THE RUSH CHAMPS FALCON KILLS 3 OF THEM BEFORE I I CAN MOVE ON
  • Wolves212Wolves212 Posts: 17
    I can't beat
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Wolves212 wrote: »
    Man I just don't get it I have 6 rank 5 champs and still cant beat this game or anything passed act 5.1.6 I'm seriously like what is the point. I have a R5 SL, SW,GHOSTRIDER,HYPERION,ICEMAN, EXT. AND I BEAT ANY OF THE RUSH CHAMPS FALCON KILLS 3 OF THEM BEFORE I I CAN MOVE ON

Try dodging the kick and blocking the bullets.
  • @Kabam Miike now they could do an event with the 6 most voted by the galera was going to be legal
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    All of these bums are still better than sentry
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Wolves212 wrote: »

As mentioned, evade first hit of his L1, and block every bullet. You will take chip damage, but nothing insurmountable. Better yet, push him to his L2 as often as you can, as you can evade both parts. Take IceMan against him if you have issues with his L1 for some reason, as at least he won't get bled out, but any of the champs listed should be able to take him solo. What is your fighting style? More intercepting, or Parry+Combo?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    If I may a suggestion for the next "Boss Rush" challenge... Because I think these are fun...

The next challenge use 6* versions with no nodes... BUT you can only bring 3* champs....

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike, I enjoy such challenges. These or something similar should be held on a more frequent basis (maybe monthly)... Something to spice up the activity that you can do outside of the regular monthly questing, weekly AQ/AW, and arena. Please keep events like this coming.

DeepSentimentalEyas-max-1mb.gif
    Sith_Lord wrote: »

Same here dude. No deaths at all. My 5* AA is R5, level 140. Chopped right through him. His NT's counter & negate thorns, just as his NT's also stun stun immune's. I almost did lose AA from Bane, though. Magz died, while my AA only had 11% hp left. Lol! Did you use your R5 Iceman?

But just like every other released content; it's all about having the right champs. I tried posting a video on here from my phone, but this forum doesn't allow it.

ya i used my 5/65 iceman, his specials don't make contact and his frostbites help

It sounds like this requires some help from RNGesus but I'm intrigued enough to consider giving it a go with Archangel. I did not have him on my initial clear team.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I liked it. Thanks for a semi easy quest with decent rewards.

It sounds like this requires some help from RNGesus but I'm intrigued enough to consider giving it a go with Archangel. I did not have him on my initial clear team.

a 5/65 AA won't need much RNG, he's super strong

A 5/65 might not, but what I was thinking was if I tried this with my not 5/65 AA I would need some help.

A 5/65 might not, but what I was thinking was if I tried this with my not 5/65 AA I would need some help.

if you have a 5/65 iceman he's also really good, but AA would be good ya i might try with my 5/50 for fun
  • SeanFlikSeanFlik Posts: 43
    edited January 2018
    Yo instead of adding bs nodes like thorns that mean you entirely need to rely on one of a few certain champims, add more skill based nodes like stun immune or unblockable specials. Magneto in this boss rush, is a good example. With stun immunity and unblockable specials, he was already a difficult fight. But adding thorns means you need a champ that can regen like Jesus or a champ that reduces defensive ability accuracy, such as an awawakened Black Widow, Crossbones, or Elektra. Most of these champs cannot simply do this the entire fight however (except Black Widow), i.e: Crossbones needs multiple fury stacks, Elektra needs to place a debuff, etc. So it then really just becomes a veteran's game- i.e: they have 90% of all champions and therefore have the right one for every siuation- or a units game- i.e: buying revives, potions, boosts, etc. Either way, it doesn't give a fair fight to newer players or "free to play"-ers. That's why this game is a huge money making plot focused only on those who spend hundreds of dollars or who spends hundreds of hours on the game. The game will still make tons of money regardless of whether it screws the nonpayers or not, and will make more money if the game is fun, interactive, and enjoyable for all because then normal people (90% of those who play, who dont spend tons of time or money) might be willing to drop a few bucks.
    SeanFlik wrote: »
    Yo instead of adding bs nodes like thorns that mean you entirely need to rely on one of a few certain champims, add more skill based nodes like stun immune or unblockable specials. Magneto in this boss rush, is a good example. With stun immunity and unblockable specials, he was already a difficult fight. But adding thorns means you need a champ that can regen like Jesus or a champ that reduces defensive ability accuracy, such as an awawakened Black Widow, Crossbones, or Elektra. Most of these champs cannot simply do this the entire fight however (except Black Widow), i.e: Crossbones needs multiple fury stacks, Elektra needs to place a debuff, etc. So it then really just becomes a veteran's game- i.e: they have 90% of all champions and therefore have the right one for every siuation- or a units game- i.e: buying revives, potions, boosts, etc. Either way, it doesn't give a fair fight to newer players or "free to play"-ers. That's why this game is a huge money making plot focused only on those who spend hundreds of dollars or who spends hundreds of hours on the game. The game will still make tons of money regardless of whether it screws the nonpayers or not, and will make more money if the game is fun, interactive, and enjoyable for all because then normal people (90% of those who play, who dont spend tons of time or money) might be willing to drop a few bucks.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I'm not a fan of thorns, but that made Magneto annoying not unbeatable. I didn't spend units to beat him, but even if I had done so two L2 team revives would have set me back 200 units. The event itself gives you 175 units. The monthly calendar gives you enough units to spend what I spent in saved potions. In fact the monthly calendar gives out a team revive and a hundred units this month. The calendar gives everyone for free more stuff than I used to beat the boss rush.

Kabam does lots of things I disagree with. But however much people might call them greedy and stingy, MCOC as an F2P game gives a ton of resources entirely for free and lots more can be earned with only moderate effort. The very best, highest, and largest amounts of resources do take more time, more skill, more game progress, and sometimes more expense to obtain, but that's not only reasonable, that's actually desirable. You want a reward curve that rewards progress, you want players to get more when they get farther. I'm not specifically defending thorns, but I am saying that the boss rush is an extremely moderate and reasonable piece of content given the rewards you get for it and the time and skill required to complete it. Compared to many F2P games, it is practically a give away.

The boss rush is entirely fair to free to play players. There's nothing in it that any veteran free to play player won't already have. It is not "fair" to newer players, but it is not intended to be. You aren't meant to tackle things like the boss rush shortly after starting to play the game. You're meant to work your way up to content like the boss rush, like Act 5, like master and uncollected difficulty. All these things are "unfair" to newer players because they aren't targeting newer players. They are part of the progression ladder you get to after you do Act 4, after you master heroic difficulty, after you become uncollected. It is not that the boss rush is not meant for you, it is that it is meant for you to do *after* you progress far enough in skill and roster to reasonably tackle it.