**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• Options
    PFunkPFunk Posts: 111
    When all the sentinels do is either hold block or dash attack then block over and over to stack up those analysis charges, this takes away all the fun. Sentinels have ruined aq. Then you have the science sentinels who remove your ability to evade attacks... combine that with unblockable attacks, and the player is hosed. This really seems like a purely cash based move. If this is the case, then halls of healing need to be permanent. Poorly tested, and poorly thought out.
  • Options
    PFunkPFunk Posts: 111
    One change should be to take away their analysis charges. That would be a good start..
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Go_Grems wrote: »
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    With regards to the comments about how this version of Alliance Quests will be harder, we understand where you're coming from. As with anything you're unfamiliar with, it will be definitely be harder at first. It might take a little while to get used to, but we know our summoners, and we know how quickly they learn and can get used to new content, especially content that is recurring like Alliance Quests. If this update was so inconsequential that it was as easy at the start as you all find Alliance Quests right now (after months of practice) then there would be no point in us making this update, or ANY update for that matter.

It will take some time to get accustomed to the new encounters, but refreshing recurring content is important to keep the game fresh, and exciting!

We have very different definitions of "fresh and exciting"... This is simple lazy work that only benefits Kabam and hurts players with no added benefit to offset. Fresh and exciting would be something players look forward to BY ITS VERY DEFINITION. Unless you are blind or dumb, you can easily see NO ONE is welcoming this "fresh and exciting" change. Must be so tough slinging **** and selling it as roses...

You are wrong

I am welcoming this chamge.....
    And so are others.....

There is some are and some that arn’t
    Not everyone will always be happy

Yes it is a challenge
    Yes it is more difficult for
    Me than i want.....
    So i am gunna solve that problem
    i will adjust my team and improve my figthing style until i am comfortable.....
    There are champions to use that are good, there are strategies to use that are good....
    Bith are just different to what they were before....

But do not post on behalf of everyone when you are not everyone.....
    You cannot say noone is welcoming this change....

There are some that are....
  • Options
    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!
    With regards to the comments about how this version of Alliance Quests will be harder, we understand where you're coming from. As with anything you're unfamiliar with, it will be definitely be harder at first. It might take a little while to get used to, but we know our summoners, and we know how quickly they learn and can get used to new content, especially content that is recurring like Alliance Quests. If this update was so inconsequential that it was as easy at the start as you all find Alliance Quests right now (after months of practice) then there would be no point in us making this update, or ANY update for that matter.

It will take some time to get accustomed to the new encounters, but refreshing recurring content is important to keep the game fresh, and exciting!

So it seems here that DK is admitting it’s harder, and Miike is saying it won’t be. Which one is right, I’m inclined to think it will be harder so I’ll go with DK. The thing is, what is the point in releasing the update to AQ now? Why not wait a little longer and have the difficulty and rewards go up at the same time, in the manner it should.

Let me clarify:

I am saying ANY change of consequence will be harder AT FIRST, but not because the actual difficulty/complexity of the fights is harder, simply because you will not be as experienced at doing the fights. Miike is saying the complexity/difficulty of the fights is approximately the same: i.e. not necessarily harder. Both are accurate statements, but we're sorry for the confusion around them.

"Not necessarily harder"??? Double immune, unblockable.... how is that the same as symbiods that bleed, get poisoned, DO NOT get unblockable specials and have evadeable specials?

I have a car that is "approximately the same" as a Ferrari.... It is a Hyundai. Ready to pay me the same sticker price? How do you guys sling this stuff with a straight face? And do it for minimum wage??

Although you are making some points please get your facts straight first so that then people may listen...

Mutant symbioid is bleed immune last i checked.....
    On one of the maps i cant remember which either map2 or map4 there is atleast one symbiod that gets and unblockable special.

So whilst for the most part you may be correct as you are clearly exaggerating and saying some things that are untrue it is hard to take note of anything you are saying
  • Options
    Would say “thank you sir may i have some more” but most readers would identify the wrong affiliation.
  • Options

Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

So it seems here that DK is admitting it’s harder, and Miike is saying it won’t be. Which one is right, I’m inclined to think it will be harder so I’ll go with DK. The thing is, what is the point in releasing the update to AQ now? Why not wait a little longer and have the difficulty and rewards go up at the same time, in the manner it should.

Let me clarify:

I am saying ANY change of consequence will be harder AT FIRST, but not because the actual difficulty/complexity of the fights is harder, simply because you will not be as experienced at doing the fights. Miike is saying the complexity/difficulty of the fights is approximately the same: i.e. not necessarily harder. Both are accurate statements, but we're sorry for the confusion around them.

"Not necessarily harder"??? Double immune, unblockable.... how is that the same as symbiods that bleed, get poisoned, DO NOT get unblockable specials and have evadeable specials?

I have a car that is "approximately the same" as a Ferrari.... It is a Hyundai. Ready to pay me the same sticker price? How do you guys sling this stuff with a straight face? And do it for minimum wage??

Please stop exaggerating......
    Whilst you are mostly correct please be accurate.....

Mutant symbiods do not bleed.....
    There are occasions where on map2 or map4 cant remember which one but there are some symbiods with an unblockable special.

So whilst you are mostly correct it is hard to take note of what you say when are clearly just rambling off the top of your head and not being completely accurate
  • Options
    I protest to play AQ. This is absolute nonsense with the new AQ map 5 baloney. Please fit this immediately.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Maat1985 - thank you for your heartfelt and detailed criticism. Sorry for generalizations that obviously offended you so deeply. Allow me to correct -

99.82% of comments here are in the negative with regards to the changes and NO ONE has used the term - "fresh and exciting" in their description of the change.

Sentinels ==> ALL are double immune and get unblockable specials.
    Symbiods ==> 97% of all across ALL maps bleed, get poisoned and DO NOT have unblockable specials.

But thank you for correcting me. Looking at it now I can see how it is "approximately the same" difficulty and I was clearly EXAGGERATING the scope... WOW it really does look "fresh and exciting"! I really hope people take me seriously now.

Thank you but i never said difficulty was the same

Yes it is harder....

I am just saying not all of us see it as a bad thing

And i believe in time it will get easier as we use dufferent champs and strategies

Stalking me in game now hey??? Good for you!!!!!

People at the top 10% need to understand 90% are below them....
    Just as the bottom 10% need to understand 90% are better....

But everyone is entitled to an opinion and different tings affect people differently....
    Some love to complain and maybe should play another game instead....
    Whilst others are happy to go with it and enjoy gaming for wat it is.... and try and get better....
    Everyone is different....
  • Options
    imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    I would like them to fit this too. My size is L
  • Options
    MarvelZMarvelZ Posts: 6
    I don’t have much to add that hasn’t been said hundreds of times. I’ve played for over two years and this is the final straw that is making me considering quitting. If sentinels are not nerfed/fixed/etc, I will stop playing. In the interim I have stopped spending real money. I suggest you do the same as it’s the only way to get results.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Maat1985 - thank you for your heartfelt and detailed criticism. Sorry for generalizations that obviously offended you so deeply. Allow me to correct -

99.82% of comments here are in the negative with regards to the changes and NO ONE has used the term - "fresh and exciting" in their description of the change.

Symbiods ==> 97% of all across ALL maps bleed, get poisoned and DO NOT have unblockable specials.

But thank you for correcting me. Looking at it now I can see how it is "approximately the same" difficulty and I was clearly EXAGGERATING the scope... WOW it really does look "fresh and exciting"! I really hope people take me seriously now.

Yes it is harder....

And i believe in time it will get easier as we use dufferent champs and strategies

Nope just checking how far you are in the game to have a valid opinion.

And to be clear, I couldn't care less about changing or upping the difficulty. What gets me going is complete idiots who try to sell this **** trying to make claims that insult the intelligence of a loyal playerbase. For once I want to see this backassward company actually own up to something. Do something and own it!

Stand up and say - we are increasing difficulty because you need to use new champs and use more pots. It is too easy, so we are making it harder. And no we don't feel you deserve more rewards.

Just f*!@#$ own it and stop playing it off as "good for the players" or "no real change". We are not all as happy go lucky complacent as the very few here who are drinking this company's kool-aid. Grow a pair and say it as it is.

So ur implying that wat only the top 10% can have a valid opinion?????
    Once upon a time everyone was a noob.....
    Everyones opinion is valid....
    For different reasons....
    The game cannot be built only for the top otherwise noone would play long enough to get there....
    Give me your IGN so i can see if your opinion is valid.....
    Wait it doesnt matter cus everyones opinion is valid....
    But not everyone needs to share the same...

Anyway having played he game for as long as i have, having multiple accounts, running my alliance, having a 475k rating means i do know how the game works....
    may not make me a top 10% player but i know enough to know what i do and dont like about the game...
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Wtf would you welcome this change, there is no benefit to the player, the sentinels may be fun to fight someone different for a week or two, but then they will be the same more repetitive and long fights than ever, I’ll be fine, I have r4 5* blade, sparky, magik, Ultron, (soon to be r5 one of them) maybe it will mean splitting up my r4s from war on day 5, no biggy, maybe I’ll use a boost that have been going to stash since I finished act 5 and war isn’t hard since I play in a mid level alliance. but it’s actually the 90% that I feel sorry for, and the reason I am protesting this weak stingy and unthoughtful change to aq . Honestly I would campaign to give rdts to those under 250k, it’s the up and coming dudes in my alliance who are hating this the most, the ones who only have a handful of r5s and they were all specifically ranked for aq and now suck. They are probably going to die on day 5 map 5. I don’t need one but it’s the ones who were relying on their few healers to make it through that this affects. Well probably drop to doing 55533 if that’s a problem, again it’s them I feel sorry for if we do as they are the ones gagging for t4cs. As usual a kabam decision that benefits none of the players, gotten used to their ethics and I happily no longer spend a dime
  • Options
    SempaidavidSempaidavid Posts: 114
    How long is Kabam usually silent on an issue like this? We know they are reading this.....
  • Options
    A
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Wtf would you welcome this change, there is no benefit to the player, the sentinels may be fun to fight someone different for a week or two, but then they will be the same more repetitive and long fights than ever, I’ll be fine, I have r4 5* blade, sparky, magik, Ultron, (soon to be r5 one of them) maybe it will mean splitting up my r4s from war on day 5, no biggy, maybe I’ll use a boost that have been going to stash since I finished act 5 and war isn’t hard since I play in a mid level alliance. but it’s actually the 90% that I feel sorry for, and the reason I am protesting this weak stingy and unthoughtful change to aq . Honestly I would campaign to give rdts to those under 250k, it’s the up and coming dudes in my alliance who are hating this the most, the ones who only have a handful of r5s and they were all specifically ranked for aq and now suck. They are probably going to die on day 5 map 5. I don’t need one but it’s the ones who were relying on their few healers to make it through that this affects. Well probably drop to doing 55533 if that’s a problem, again it’s them I feel sorry for if we do as they are the ones gagging for t4cs. As usual a kabam decision that benefits none of the players, gotten used to their ethics and I happily no longer spend a dime
    There is benifit to me.....
    Not everything is about ease of rewards for everyone....
    The benifit to me is something different to do and challenge myself with.
    Atm i think they are a little hard and annoying to fight.... i now have he challenge of getting better at it.....

Those after easy rewards will not welcome this
    Those after a challenge without concern for hard tomget rewards will welcome this....
    Those somewhere in between will fall somewhere in between:
    Happy to have a change and a challenge.....
    And
    FML these are too hard for what the rewards are....
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Yes it is harder....

And to be clear, I couldn't care less about changing or upping the difficulty. What gets me going is complete idiots who try to sell this **** trying to make claims that insult the intelligence of a loyal playerbase. For once I want to see this backassward company actually own up to something. Do something and own it!

Stand up and say - we are increasing difficulty because you need to use new champs and use more pots. It is too easy, so we are making it harder. And no we don't feel you deserve more rewards.

Just f*!@#$ own it and stop playing it off as "good for the players" or "no real change". We are not all as happy go lucky complacent as the very few here who are drinking this company's kool-aid. Grow a pair and say it as it is.

The game cannot be built only for the top otherwise noone would play long enough to get there....

Anyway having played he game for as long as i have, having multiple accounts, running my alliance, having a 475k rating means i do know how the game works....
    may not make me a top 10% player but i know enough to know what i do and dont like about the game...

Yes it does matter. It indicates how ignorant or knowledgeable you are regarding the different aspects of the game. Someone who only invests via employee sponsored 401K is far more ignorant of the dynamics of the market than a day trader or someone who manages a fund. Both playing in same market, but playing very different games.

It does not make opinions invalid..... it merely makes opinion valid for different reasons... and valid from a different point of view....
    everyone is affected.... everyone is affected differently.... everyone therefore has a different opinion.... all are valid....

The gaming world is not desinged to be elitest... it is designed for all
  • Options
    LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92

Let me clarify:

Although you are making some points please get your facts straight first so that then people may listen...

Mutant symbioid is bleed immune last i checked.....
    On one of the maps i cant remember which either map2 or map4 there is atleast one symbiod that gets and unblockable special.

So whilst for the most part you may be correct as you are clearly exaggerating and saying some things that are untrue it is hard to take note of anything you are saying

Who plays map 2-4??? I've bled mutant symbiote plenty of times... Maybe for the map he plays his facts are right? I agree with what he said, you can comment on 2000 ppl comments, doesn't change facts... this IS more difficult... just the nightcrawler alone made it more difficult... where is my comparable rewards, especially knowing rewards have sucked for quite some time
  • Options
    Lots and lots of people play maps 2,3 and 4.....

Noone is denying it is more difficult.....
    Sentineloids are harder than symbiods....

Some like me are just saying it is not a problem.....
    Lets just work on getting better at it .....
    Thats all....
  • Options

Yes it is harder....

Yes it does matter. It indicates how ignorant or knowledgeable you are regarding the different aspects of the game. Someone who only invests via employee sponsored 401K is far more ignorant of the dynamics of the market than a day trader or someone who manages a fund. Both playing in same market, but playing very different games.

It does not make opinions invalid..... it merely makes opinion valid for different reasons... and valid from a different point of view....
    everyone is affected.... everyone is affected differently.... everyone therefore has a different opinion.... all are valid....

This was not designed for ALL... this was designed for the top 5 percent who have all the damn characters already and at a power level that makes completion nothing more than a simple switch for suitability. This is not for those individuals who are not the top percentile so like that corny song, you need to CUT IT!!!
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Golden syms are immune and a challenge to fight, map 2 from memory but those running map 2 might be fighting 4-7k syms (I’ve timed out on day 5- 55552 run with a 10k golden and wolverine but thats not a common map run, when theses syms go 14k on day 5 for those running 5x5 there will be plenty of forum traffic
  • Options
    And new season will come....
    Along with new rewards....
    Just wait....
    Then wen new season comes if rewards are not good enough complain then....
    This is just a mid season shake up....
    It is for kabam to get answers as to wat will and wont work for next season....
  • Options
    A
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    There is benifit to me.....
    Not everything is about ease of rewards for everyone....
    The benifit to me is something different to do and challenge myself with.
    Atm i think they are a little hard and annoying to fight.... i now have he challenge of getting better at it.....

Those after easy rewards will not welcome this
    Those after a challenge without concern for hard tomget rewards will welcome this....
    Those somewhere in between will fall somewhere in between:
    Happy to have a change and a challenge.....
    And
    FML these are too hard for what the rewards are....

What??? I'm commenting on all your comments since you feel the need to do that to everyone else...Just because you want to be compensated for what you do does not mean you are after easy rewards, don't group the few with the many. Compensation for what you do is the right thing, you know... Like when you want your paycheck for the work you do, or should ppl not be paid properly for their work due to them looking for easy money
  • Options
    Shepherd068Shepherd068 Posts: 7
    KABAM needs to respond to the customer base in a positive way . Instead of the same stiff arm run around wait and see attitude. Admitting to nerfing bleeder champs against Sentinels is a take away advantage from MCOC gamers.
  • Options
    BreakoutBreakout Posts: 35
    nice april joke kabam
  • Options
    Legendsend wrote: »

Yes it is harder....

This was not designed for ALL... this was designed for the top 5 percent who have all the damn characters already and at a power level that makes completion nothing more than a simple switch for suitability. This is not for those individuals who are not the top percentile so like that corny song, you need to CUT IT!!!

My whole ally is not top percentile....
    We have a big mix of peeps...
    We do a mix of different maps dependent on many reasons....
    The only map we never do is 1 or 6.....
    Today we are doing 4....
    And yeah sentineloids are a pain....
    But oh well....
    We keep pushing and getting through it....
  • Options
    mandrake1983mandrake1983 Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    Gracias kabam por hacer esto más difícil y así obligarnos a gastar, así haces que los jugadores dejen el juego.
  • Options
    If map5 is now too hard....
    Just do map4 then....
    Find a solution....
    Watever it is....
    cus the sentineloids aint going anywhere....
    Instead of complaining bout them and the rewards....

We all just need to learn to cope with them....