**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• LegendsendLegendsend Posts: 92
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Legendsend wrote: »
    Go_Grems wrote: »
    Maat1985 - thank you for your heartfelt and detailed criticism. Sorry for generalizations that obviously offended you so deeply. Allow me to correct -

99.82% of comments here are in the negative with regards to the changes and NO ONE has used the term - "fresh and exciting" in their description of the change.

Sentinels ==> ALL are double immune and get unblockable specials.
    Symbiods ==> 97% of all across ALL maps bleed, get poisoned and DO NOT have unblockable specials.

But thank you for correcting me. Looking at it now I can see how it is "approximately the same" difficulty and I was clearly EXAGGERATING the scope... WOW it really does look "fresh and exciting"! I really hope people take me seriously now.

Thank you but i never said difficulty was the same

Yes it is harder....

I am just saying not all of us see it as a bad thing

And i believe in time it will get easier as we use dufferent champs and strategies

Stalking me in game now hey??? Good for you!!!!!

Nope just checking how far you are in the game to have a valid opinion.

And to be clear, I couldn't care less about changing or upping the difficulty. What gets me going is complete idiots who try to sell this **** trying to make claims that insult the intelligence of a loyal playerbase. For once I want to see this backassward company actually own up to something. Do something and own it!

Stand up and say - we are increasing difficulty because you need to use new champs and use more pots. It is too easy, so we are making it harder. And no we don't feel you deserve more rewards.

Just f*!@#$ own it and stop playing it off as "good for the players" or "no real change". We are not all as happy go lucky complacent as the very few here who are drinking this company's kool-aid. Grow a pair and say it as it is.

So ur implying that wat only the top 10% can have a valid opinion?????
    Once upon a time everyone was a noob.....
    Everyones opinion is valid....
    For different reasons....
    The game cannot be built only for the top otherwise noone would play long enough to get there....
    Give me your IGN so i can see if your opinion is valid.....
    Wait it doesnt matter cus everyones opinion is valid....
    But not everyone needs to share the same...

Anyway having played he game for as long as i have, having multiple accounts, running my alliance, having a 475k rating means i do know how the game works....
    may not make me a top 10% player but i know enough to know what i do and dont like about the game...

Yes it does matter. It indicates how ignorant or knowledgeable you are regarding the different aspects of the game. Someone who only invests via employee sponsored 401K is far more ignorant of the dynamics of the market than a day trader or someone who manages a fund. Both playing in same market, but playing very different games.

It does not make opinions invalid..... it merely makes opinion valid for different reasons... and valid from a different point of view....
    everyone is affected.... everyone is affected differently.... everyone therefore has a different opinion.... all are valid....

The gaming world is not desinged to be elitest... it is designed for all

This was not designed for ALL... this was designed for the top 5 percent who have all the damn characters already and at a power level that makes completion nothing more than a simple switch for suitability. This is not for those individuals who are not the top percentile so like that corny song, you need to CUT IT!!!

My whole ally is not top percentile....
    We have a big mix of peeps...
    We do a mix of different maps dependent on many reasons....
    The only map we never do is 1 or 6.....
    Today we are doing 4....
    And yeah sentineloids are a pain....
    But oh well....
    We keep pushing and getting through it....

You must be trying to be an administrator cuz you've defended kabam more than they've defended themselves... Unfortunately it does not change the majority opinion... Unfortunately the majority opinion does not change kabams decision... Unfortunately kabams decision is what affects us all... Unfortunately that was more "unfortunatelys" than one should have to deal with
  • MarvelZMarvelZ Posts: 6
    When will a moderator/developer address the issue?
  • Volcanic45Volcanic45 Posts: 86
    Man wowww
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    can we get some transparency and dialogue about this blacklash from the AQ changes? I dont mind the shake up but I dont think sentinels were a good replacement for the syms.

BUT what will make all these changes worthwhile is an increase (decent one at that) to aq rewards and milestones
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    A
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    Wtf would you welcome this change, there is no benefit to the player, the sentinels may be fun to fight someone different for a week or two, but then they will be the same more repetitive and long fights than ever, I’ll be fine, I have r4 5* blade, sparky, magik, Ultron, (soon to be r5 one of them) maybe it will mean splitting up my r4s from war on day 5, no biggy, maybe I’ll use a boost that have been going to stash since I finished act 5 and war isn’t hard since I play in a mid level alliance. but it’s actually the 90% that I feel sorry for, and the reason I am protesting this weak stingy and unthoughtful change to aq . Honestly I would campaign to give rdts to those under 250k, it’s the up and coming dudes in my alliance who are hating this the most, the ones who only have a handful of r5s and they were all specifically ranked for aq and now suck. They are probably going to die on day 5 map 5. I don’t need one but it’s the ones who were relying on their few healers to make it through that this affects. Well probably drop to doing 55533 if that’s a problem, again it’s them I feel sorry for if we do as they are the ones gagging for t4cs. As usual a kabam decision that benefits none of the players, gotten used to their ethics and I happily no longer spend a dime
    There is benifit to me.....
    Not everything is about ease of rewards for everyone....
    The benifit to me is something different to do and challenge myself with.
    Atm i think they are a little hard and annoying to fight.... i now have he challenge of getting better at it.....

Those after easy rewards will not welcome this
    Those after a challenge without concern for hard tomget rewards will welcome this....
    Those somewhere in between will fall somewhere in between:
    Happy to have a change and a challenge.....
    And
    FML these are too hard for what the rewards are....

What??? I'm commenting on all your comments since you feel the need to do that to everyone else...Just because you want to be compensated for what you do does not mean you are after easy rewards, don't group the few with the many. Compensation for what you do is the right thing, you know... Like when you want your paycheck for the work you do, or should ppl not be paid properly for their work due to them looking for easy money

Once upon a time you probably thought map2 symbiods at 3000pi were hard....
    But hey you got better champs....
    You got better skills.....
    This is the same....

And besides everyjob i have ever been in things always got harder before i got more money...
    Start doing more/harder work.... after a while money went up...
    Once you are able to do the job properly....
    If the job hets harder and you can no longer do it you would get fired....
    If he job got harder and you Proved you were up to it then you get more money....

You chose a very bad analagy there....
    Or another solution.....

Stop doing AQ!!!!!!!

Some people dont do normal difficulty quests cus the rewards are not worth the effort....
    If the rewards here are not worth the effort apply the same philosophy!!!!!

Problem solved.....
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    These Sentinels are a freaking bad joke. Awful mechanics and BS abilities. Way to ruin AQ.

Get rid of them and Adaptoids altogether and only have champions throughout the entire map. How hard is that?
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    A
    Wtf would you welcome this change, there is no benefit to the player, the sentinels may be fun to fight someone different for a week or two, but then they will be the same more repetitive and long fights than ever, I’ll be fine, I have r4 5* blade, sparky, magik, Ultron, (soon to be r5 one of them) maybe it will mean splitting up my r4s from war on day 5, no biggy, maybe I’ll use a boost that have been going to stash since I finished act 5 and war isn’t hard since I play in a mid level alliance. but it’s actually the 90% that I feel sorry for, and the reason I am protesting this weak stingy and unthoughtful change to aq . Honestly I would campaign to give rdts to those under 250k, it’s the up and coming dudes in my alliance who are hating this the most, the ones who only have a handful of r5s and they were all specifically ranked for aq and now suck. They are probably going to die on day 5 map 5. I don’t need one but it’s the ones who were relying on their few healers to make it through that this affects. Well probably drop to doing 55533 if that’s a problem, again it’s them I feel sorry for if we do as they are the ones gagging for t4cs. As usual a kabam decision that benefits none of the players, gotten used to their ethics and I happily no longer spend a dime
    Atm i think they are a little hard and annoying to fight.... i now have he challenge of getting better at it.....

Those after a challenge without concern for hard tomget rewards will welcome this....
    And

What??? I'm commenting on all your comments since you feel the need to do that to everyone else...Just because you want to be compensated for what you do does not mean you are after easy rewards, don't group the few with the many. Compensation for what you do is the right thing, you know... Like when you want your paycheck for the work you do, or should ppl not be paid properly for their work due to them looking for easy money

This is the same....

And besides everyjob i have ever been in things always got harder before i got more money...
    If he job got harder and you Proved you were up to it then you get more money....

His analogy was accurate. You're just warping it to your point of view.
    edited April 2018
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    A

And

This is the same....

Not really cus my point is that we do this for a while.... then next aq season comes and rewards get better.....

Same with a job.... slog it out tough for a while.... next pay review comes.... push for fair pay based on wat you have done...

You prove yourself.... that is life....

You dont ask for a payrise based on what you may or may not do.... you ask for pay rise based on wat you have done....

Besides this is a game not life....
    Thats alright....
    If we keep escalating this arguing and begin going off topic he thread will probably get shut down....

So wat is the best thing to do here....
    Keep arguing....
    Or we agree to disagree.... and leave it....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Did grounded wisdom get a second account?

I speak for myself. It just so happens that people agree. It's not the end of the world. It takes work to adjust. If people were that comfortable with whipping through it, then clearly it was needed. It would have to be more of a challenge, otherwise there would be no use in changing them. Just throw in something that people are used to fighting. It won't be a challenge for long. Soon enough people will have it down pat. It's not a major change in my opinion, and it doesn't necessarily warrant more Rewards. It's just new. I swear, people complain that it's boring and they complain when something is changed.
  • Volcanic45Volcanic45 Posts: 86
    I just went and fought a mystic one with a r4 iceman 5* I did not get touched but took a few sp2 while blocking I had 100% health and I got nully which I think is dumb cause I was blocking then my life went to under 30% are you serious I did not even get hit it's day 2 how is this not harder we have never died this early were a 15 mil alliance and we have guys dying left and right this is a jokeee
  • Zlander1013Zlander1013 Posts: 4
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!
    Kabam DK wrote: »
    With regards to the comments about how this version of Alliance Quests will be harder, we understand where you're coming from. As with anything you're unfamiliar with, it will be definitely be harder at first. It might take a little while to get used to, but we know our summoners, and we know how quickly they learn and can get used to new content, especially content that is recurring like Alliance Quests. If this update was so inconsequential that it was as easy at the start as you all find Alliance Quests right now (after months of practice) then there would be no point in us making this update, or ANY update for that matter.

It will take some time to get accustomed to the new encounters, but refreshing recurring content is important to keep the game fresh, and exciting!

So it seems here that DK is admitting it’s harder, and Miike is saying it won’t be. Which one is right, I’m inclined to think it will be harder so I’ll go with DK. The thing is, what is the point in releasing the update to AQ now? Why not wait a little longer and have the difficulty and rewards go up at the same time, in the manner it should.

Let me clarify:

I am saying ANY change of consequence will be harder AT FIRST, but not because the actual difficulty/complexity of the fights is harder, simply because you will not be as experienced at doing the fights. Miike is saying the complexity/difficulty of the fights is approximately the same: i.e. not necessarily harder. Both are accurate statements, but we're sorry for the confusion around them.

"Not necessarily harder"??? Double immune, unblockable.... how is that the same as symbiods that bleed, get poisoned, DO NOT get unblockable specials and have evadeable specials?

I have a car that is "approximately the same" as a Ferrari.... It is a Hyundai. Ready to pay me the same sticker price? How do you guys sling this stuff with a straight face? And do it for minimum wage??

Although you are making some points please get your facts straight first so that then people may listen...

Mutant symbioid is bleed immune last i checked.....
    On one of the maps i cant remember which either map2 or map4 there is atleast one symbiod that gets and unblockable special.

So whilst for the most part you may be correct as you are clearly exaggerating and saying some things that are untrue it is hard to take note of anything you are saying

I understand but all the ones I faced on map 3 (as I am still pretty low and have a relatively small roster) have robotics which made them double immune and the two I faced had purify all debuffs into fury and power steal on any damag taken even block damage and power lock, all my good champions (by which I keen high 3 stars 4 stars and my 1 5 Star) besides 3 are bleed or poison champs with two of those three being bleed that can just switch as I am still low I don’t have the rescorces to bring up more people or even people who are effective against them so I can’t get the materials to bring up my people to be able to overpower them so does that mean I just have to sit on my (butt) and just hope to get an effective champion to build a team around to be able to participate meaning I either need good luck or spend money and hope it goes well that seems like a unfair jump for lower players like me
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    Please, Kabam...it's day 1 and 2 and we have 500-600k players with characters KOed before the first boss. I tried to fight a mystic sentinel on day 1 with R5 ultron, and it nullified every buff my ultron created and spammed back to back sp1s at me until I died. That is just one type. It's really boring too because they all have the same special attacks. This isn't fun anymore. You can keep them sentinels and keep them bleed and poison immune, but give them the symbiote abilities or something. I can't imagine what map5 day 5 will like when we have 5 people with champs KOed at 20% map completion on day 2...
    A

And

This is the same....

Not really cus my point is that we do this for a while.... then next aq season comes and rewards get better.....

Same with a job.... slog it out tough for a while.... next pay review comes.... push for fair pay based on wat you have done...

You dont ask for a payrise based on what you may or may not do.... you ask for pay rise based on wat you have done....

Not in government work you don't. Also, what's with all the "..." ? It's like you're transcribing the breaths you take between each thought.

...... is just the way i type... so what???

Government work is not an accurate representation of the real world....

Government workers barely work and get paid way tooo much.... atleast in my country anyway....

Real people actually have to work for their money....

................................................................... thread is becoming derailed..........
    Waiting for kabam to shut it down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naturally a counterpoint to your opinion is invalid. Typical. Why announce you're waiting for this to be shut down? You know you're a contributor to the derailment.

Every argument has a counterpart..... mine, yours, everyones..... i can write a debate for both sides of a topic without a problem.... everything can be countered ether by highlighting certain points or ommiting certain points.....
    Heck if you know anything about government work that is politics....

And yes i am contributing to the derailment.... but i dont care cus it will stop all the people compaining:...

And also i suggested we agree to disagree but instead i have someone rebutt me.... of course if someone revitts me i will have something to say.....
    It is a debate.... thats what this is....
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    Please, Kabam...it's day 1 and 2 and we have 500-600k players with characters KOed before the first boss. I tried to fight a mystic sentinel on day 1 with R5 ultron, and it nullified every buff my ultron created and spammed back to back sp1s at me until I died. That is just one type. It's really boring too because they all have the same special attacks. This isn't fun anymore. You can keep them sentinels and keep them bleed and poison immune, but give them the symbiote abilities or something. I can't imagine what map5 day 5 will like when we have 5 people with champs KOed at 20% map completion on day 2...

What champs have died against which sentineloids????
    Maybe people can begin to communicate and we can work out who is ideal against who....
    No need for insults.....

I get the analagy just fine....
    But it is not totally correct....

My boss asks me to do a harder task then normal....
    I ask him for more money....
    He says well do it for a while... we will see how you go and then we will talk....

Hard work first.... pay increase after....

How can you not understand that.... Action A happens before Action B happens....

Evn if i go to my boss and say
    I need more money...
    He will say
    Do this harder job.... once i i know you can do it well then we will talk...

Hard work first.... more money later... simple
    A

And

This is the same....

Not in government work you don't. Also, what's with all the "..." ? It's like you're transcribing the breaths you take between each thought.

Government workers barely work and get paid way tooo much.... atleast in my country anyway....

................................................................... thread is becoming derailed..........

Naturally a counterpoint to your opinion is invalid. Typical. Why announce you're waiting for this to be shut down? You know you're a contributor to the derailment.

Every argument has a counterpart..... mine, yours, everyones..... i can write a debate for both sides of a topic without a problem.... everything can be countered ether by highlighting certain points or ommiting certain points.....

And yes i am contributing to the derailment.... but i dont care cus it will stop all the people compaining:...

And also i suggested we agree to disagree but instead i have someone rebutt me.... of course if someone revitts me i will have something to say.....

Wait. You're stopping people from complaining how exactly? Pretty high opinion of your arguments. lol.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    No need for insults.....

He says well do it for a while... we will see how you go and then we will talk....

How can you not understand that.... Action A happens before Action B happens....

I need more money...
    He will say

THIS IS NOT A JOB

Granted you pay with your time or money

But it is NOT a job should be fun not work

But I agree in a sense they are trying to make it a job
    Piviot wrote: »
    No need for insults.....

I need more money...
    He will say

THIS IS NOT A JOB

Grantented you pay with your time or money

Yes you are correct....

i have said that.....

I am not the one who used this analagy.... i am saying how it is not right to be used here....

I find this game fun.....
    Very fun.... which is why i play it....

People here complain so much and say it is not fun.... why do they play it then???
    If it is no longer bringing you joy then it is time to find something that does
    A

And

This is the same....

Wait. You're stopping people from complaining how exactly? Pretty high opinion of yourself, lol.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    I just read the comment meant no offense

Didn’t go look at your history to read what you wrote

Just from the quote I reposted
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Piviot wrote: »
    No need for insults.....

I need more money...
    He will say

THIS IS NOT A JOB

Granted you pay with your time or money

But I agree in a sense they are trying to make it a job

Correct, it's not a job. It's a game. However, to adjust to changes and compete, it takes work. It takes work to change and grow. If it was all fun and easy, we would be playing Candy Crush, same thing over and over, varying candies thrown in. Add a combination now and then, but still the same thing. Theoretically you don't have to make work of it. You can play and have fun. You just won't be able to maintain a competitive level.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Dear everybody else in this convo, we know that maat thinks everything will be fine and is trying to shut this thread down, we have heard his point of view and there is no point fueling his attempt to derail l this conversation, so let’s not engage him further, let’s get back to hearing what other people think, I’m not seeing much positivity, my r4 5* Ultron just got slaughtered on the bleed path, mystic sent. with mystic dispersion, can just spam l2 non stop (my Ultron isn’t duped), this will not be doable by day 5, this change clearly has not been tested well and the frustration is real and growing
    Dear everybody else in this convo, we know that maat thinks everything will be fine and is trying to shut this thread down, we have heard his point of view and there is no point fueling his attempt to derail l this conversation, so let’s not engage him further, let’s get back to hearing what other people think, I’m not seeing much positivity, my r4 5* Ultron just got slaughtered on the bleed path, mystic sent. with mystic dispersion, can just spam l2 non stop (my Ultron isn’t duped), this will not be doable by day 5, this change clearly has not been tested well and the frustration is real and growing

Here here.....
    Well said....
    I must say though i firmly believe the sentineloids are a good thing.....
    A tough challenge....
    A pain in the ass....
    But a welcome change from the sentineloids that were getting stale and boring....
    Try Luke Cage V mystic sentineloid.... he works amazingly in war against mystic dispersion
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Yeah just don’t have him past 4* yet, considering all my r5 bench warmers now I haven’t done 4* ranks for months, I may bring him up, would have liked to r3 my 5*yj I got last week first but I’m considering him or rulk now to do poison lane
    My luke will be coming up.... i have him in my second at r5 and he does well but that is not really a test cus that is against easier opponents
  • ChiSox_2005ChiSox_2005 Posts: 126
    Where are the rank down tickets? We spend time and resources upgrading champs to help us, then they make drastic changes which require champs we don't have ranked up to compete.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    This will sound harsh but isn't the usual advice given to everyone on the forum who has an issue with content difficulty to either "git gud" or "not all content is for all summoners blah blah blah"?

Seems to me, some might benefit from dropping a map down, you know, where the content suits their ability and roster?