**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Love all the Non disclosed changes made to AQ. Lumber added to mini bosses, AI got much quicker. AI avoids parry 10x more than last week. Sucks when you run a path for multiple months and then noticed a ton of changes on day 1 that weren’t announced. Between this and all the mod alliances in aw with no action from kabam, this is the last straw for me. Great game ruined by an incompetent group of developers and game team that absolutely doesn’t understand the player base

I mean, limber is right in the announcement. I noticed that right away with NC because I thought "Well, better kill him or switch him quick"
  • Can’t wait to see the shitstorm they are gonna get on day 5 or aq
  • Zlander1013Zlander1013 Posts: 4
    Hey I just tried the new difficulty and it appears to be drastically more difficult with almost no effort needed to face the symbiosis compared to the sentinels with their double immunity and move sets such as power lock power steal on attacks or their purify into fury buffs then wit their slightly harder to dodge specials that apply effects through block and an be unblockable even without full analysis charges. Yet still is seen as not a high enough jump in difficulty to qualify for a higher reward tier dosnt seem fair for all the players who are not super far in your game but want to get into but have higher difficulty and have to change their entire team set up
  • Zlander1013Zlander1013 Posts: 4
    Hey I just tried the new difficulty and it appears to be drastically more difficult with almost no effort needed to face the symbiosis compared to the sentinels with their double immunity and move sets such as power lock power steal on attacks or their purify into fury buffs then wit their slightly harder to dodge specials that apply effects through block and an be unblockable even without full analysis charges. Yet still is seen as not a high enough jump in difficulty to qualify for a higher reward tier dosnt seem fair for all the players who are not super far in your game but want to get into but have higher difficulty and have to change their entire team set up

I would also like to point out that I understand that it can be difficult to keep things balanced in a game like this but I feel as though you should have people tearing things like this for all levels because people who have had this game since the game fame out my not notice much of a difference in difficulty but as it moves on down to people with less experience and a smaller less leveled or diverse roster it effects them more and more which I feel should be looked into with maybe a increase in rewards or just a tuning down of the sentinels abilities just a bit to be more in line with the difficulty of how it use to be as this has a lasting effect on not just rewards for a week or two for people to get used to it but people who are less prepared may move down a tier leading to them getting even less from alliance quest while so many try to do aq for needed rewards like t4cc
  • CurtisLowCurtisLow Posts: 14
    The sentinels need to be tweeked. They’re too hard to beat. Don’t make the special 2 unblockable. Reconsider immunity to incinerate.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    JayJT wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious I think what the community would like to see is an intelligent response to all of the negative feedback. A sincere, thoughtful, smart response. Let's face the facts, almost noone likes this change for a lot of reasons. I could understand if it was 50/50 half the community likes it and half the community doesnt, then yeah push the idea out there. But it's closer to 90/10 against. You're forcing a change to the game that a very high percentage of the player base doesnt want. Fighting sentineloids isn't just more difficult, it's just not fun in any way. I'm literally dreading this change bc there is absolutely no fun in fighting sentinels. It's just tedious and chorelike.

All I ask, is for an intelligent non sarcastic smart ass response, that highlights all of the concerns the playerbase has

I will give one as a new discussion. Will have it up in an hour or so.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It's only hard because it's new.

Its harder because it is harder. It would be an exaggeration to say tons of people are going to quit over it, but anyone who thinks Sentinels are not harder than Syms either has a very peculiar psychological aversion to Syms or has no idea how to judge difficulty in the game. And I say that without exempting the developers from that statement.

The point I'm trying to bring home is we will adjust, and it doesn't usually take that long.

I understand your point. However, that point is orthogonal to the question of whether the content is now harder. Regardless of whether it is easier or harder, you can almost always say that. It doesn't contradict, or even address, the question of whether the content is harder in an unjustifiable way.

More importantly, if your point is that people will adjust, then I don't see why you would try to make that point by saying "it's only hard because it's new" because that statement is false, and doesn't support your point at all.

It's not false to say that. It's a challenge because we're not used to the Sentinels being in AQ. It will just take time to adjust. The Sentinlels themselves are new, as in their move set, but there's nothing particularly new or challenging about them, aside from their Immunity, and a couple distinct characteristics.

Except for the distinct ways in which they are different, they are exactly the same. I'm not sure if you're supposed to be agreeing or disagreeing with me here. All the ways in which Sentinels are more difficult than Syms are just distinct ways in which they are different.

Just for reference, though, those distinct ways in which they are different include increased attack rating against everything except their superior class, adaptation changes that make secondary effects trigger on block and making all special attacks unblockable, and class variations that typically have either power gain, regeneration, debuff immunity, or attack rating increases. These abilities are all comparable to medium level node buffs. In other words, to say that the Sentinels are *only* difficult because they are new is tantamount to saying doubling the strength of all the node buffs on the AQ map only makes the map more difficult because those node buffs would be new.

I was agreeing with you in the sense that they're challenging, but the larger issue is the resistance to change. So, I was agreeing with both of us. I suppose if you took my original response as a literal absolute, that would seem incorrect. In any case, I think it's being exaggerated. Symbioids mimicked other Champs. Sentinels add another layer, but it's really not that hard to get used to. Having fought a few of them myself, their style is becoming more predictable. I'm fine with no increase in Rewards. That's my view.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    The thing is kabam it aint the actual changes that are annoying it is the fact that we have had to change up our team by wasting more resources and we recieve the same rewards for it.

I guarantee if you had helped us by deranking some of our champions so that we could try prepare for it and we had some reward changes then we wouldn't mind the new enemies. You would have the couple comments that would still hate but the amount of hate that is being pushed your way would of been turned into something like "awesome new changes and we can prepare for it the right way".

That's why it's useful to Rank more than the same, few Champs. It's also probably best to Rank for more than one reason.

I'm going to call you out on this as the resources to rank 5* are so hard to get. You aren't going to get t1 and t2a over night.

Having said that, I haven't had any issues with the sentinels. They may be a bit trickier than the symbis but all in all they aren't that bad. We will adapt just like we have with all the other changes. I did make a point in running extra paths through the eq to get in more practice, but as of now I've had no problems. Once we hit day 4&5 I'll decide if it's harder.
  • Ok I managed to do ok on skill sentinels.

However are mystic sentinels meant to nullify abilities when hitting a blocked opponent? That seems a bit excessive. And cosmic ones are nasty with the power gain. Especially since they often store power to sp3 when baiting and then sp2 immediately followed by a sp1
    I can say coldsnap was ineffective. Ultron couldn’t beat one. That’s two 5/50 champs lost to one sentinel. That never happened against symboids. Now I’m forced to use resources. That’s not good when that happens. There’s something wrong. They shouldn’t be that hard to beat. I beat them on master quest, and those should have been harder to beat.
  • Cold snap works for me? What sentinel were you fighting?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    The thing is kabam it aint the actual changes that are annoying it is the fact that we have had to change up our team by wasting more resources and we recieve the same rewards for it.

I guarantee if you had helped us by deranking some of our champions so that we could try prepare for it and we had some reward changes then we wouldn't mind the new enemies. You would have the couple comments that would still hate but the amount of hate that is being pushed your way would of been turned into something like "awesome new changes and we can prepare for it the right way".

That's why it's useful to Rank more than the same, few Champs. It's also probably best to Rank for more than one reason.

I'm going to call you out on this as the resources to rank 5* are so hard to get. You aren't going to get t1 and t2a over night.

Having said that, I haven't had any issues with the sentinels. They may be a bit trickier than the symbis but all in all they aren't that bad. We will adapt just like we have with all the other changes. I did make a point in running extra paths through the eq to get in more practice, but as of now I've had no problems. Once we hit day 4&5 I'll decide if it's harder.

When I look at Ranking, I consider what will be most useful to me all-round. Especially when dealing with rare Resources. I don't usually Rank a Champ for one specific game mode, especially when that game mode is not a permanent fixture like Storymode. The game changes. It will continue to change. Which means Champs that served me in the past may not serve me later on.
    edited April 2018
    True man
    edited April 2018
    I don’t care what anyone says. The changes in AQ are way to drastic. Overnight half the opponents are poison and bleed immune. They also have unblockable specials after a point. The rewards haven’t gone up at all and that is wrong as well. I’m all for change in a game, but this was way to big of a change and honestly this along with the constant bugs makes me think it’s time to just delete the game. It’s just losing all sense of fun and fairness. If you don’t have an issue with the changes and find them just as easy. I am happy for you and respect your ability, but don’t be negative and start being a jerk in the comments.

If you feel that way bro go here http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/60309/alliance-quest-refresh-impact-concerns#latest on this discussion and put in your thoughts.

At the very least, make AQ free for the next couple of weeks until we can figure this out.
    Also as a side note. Getting new 4*s is not that exciting anymore.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    I used to tear through symbioids and barely take any damage. Part of it was that my roster is heavily bleed-reliant, which is something I can't avoid because those are just the champs I've been dealt so far. But part of it is also that the symbioids have simpler movesets, they don't analysis buffs that require a weird, unpredictable play style, they don't have a class advantage against five out of six classes, etc. I'm not even particularly worried about the boss changes, but the sentinels are KOing my guys before I can even get to the bosses. They're an interesting change but they need to be seriously nerfed because they're supposed to just be trash mobs you beat up on the way to the boss.
    FineDog wrote: »
    I used to tear through symbioids and barely take any damage. Part of it was that my roster is heavily bleed-reliant, which is something I can't avoid because those are just the champs I've been dealt so far. But part of it is also that the symbioids have simpler movesets, they don't analysis buffs that require a weird, unpredictable play style, they don't have a class advantage against five out of six classes, etc. I'm not even particularly worried about the boss changes, but the sentinels are KOing my guys before I can even get to the bosses. They're an interesting change but they need to be seriously nerfed because they're supposed to just be trash mobs you beat up on the way to the boss.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/60309/alliance-quest-refresh-impact-concerns#latest go here man
  • JubaknightJubaknight Posts: 82
    Just a feedback.
    Thumb down for this change.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    The AQ rewards where outdated this season of AQ! We’re long overdue for whole t2a’s in AQ, cmon kabam! Please update the rewards like yesterday
  • JubaknightJubaknight Posts: 82
    edited April 2018
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

It takes decade to build a team that can counter a certain strategy (this is how you developed the game). Then, you change something and claim we can change our strategies is not a valid claim. It is either leave the game to be countered by any champs or allow different strategies but end the stingy culture of this game.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Clearly it's harder. Took my usual AQ team on day one just to see how they would do (4* Guilly and 4* Voodoo for paths). They didn't love the Sentinels. Shook up the team on day 2. I think there is a lot of overreacting going on. I think making the map harder for the same rewards is stupid, but I was one of the ones getting bored with AQ so whatever.
  • NragedSixxNragedSixx Posts: 3
    Thanks kabam for your " emergency maintenance " and for the sentinels, power drain you while blocking or they're unblockable. I like a challenge but you a$$ clowns take it to a new level of ignorance and incompetence.