Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

1679111250

Comments

  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 349 ★★
    I'd love to see a legitimate poll to see what the fans think.

    Not that Kabam would use any of that intelligence gained from it. Just to see if I'm going to jump on any of the bandwagons or not and ride out the storm without spending a dime.
  • Whatnot72056Whatnot72056 Posts: 69
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    Ha. The sentinels are complete d bags to fight in Master and UnC. That, probably coupled with how cheaty the symbis are on map 5.... No thank you. Not to mention those boss changes to some of the most annoying and damaging Champs. Writing is on the wall.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,468 ★★★★★
    I think the reactions are a bit dramatic. It's not a new Season. Just something to freshen it up until they get to a new one. People will adapt to the new Champs the same as they did previous AQs. Let's face it. We wet bored with the same Bosses and Minis.
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    Mixalis wrote: »
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    You said bleed and poison immune may not be as effective, yet you put Morningstar as mini boss, which means you need a bleed immune to fight her.


    I can’t believe I’m defending Miike but he pretty clearly stated bleed and poison champs would be less effective. That’s champs that give bleeds and poison. Not champs that are immune to them.
  • Batpotter1Batpotter1 Posts: 348
    Gaiejrhhth wrote: »
    So dorm is still the main boss correct?

    As far as I know
  • PincheChingonPincheChingon Posts: 99
    @Kabam Miike
    Please put some numbers here as to how much damage we can expect to see from the map6 mini boss Void’s “Fear of the Void” unavoidable damage. I expect this to be a massive damage that will almost be an auto kill in a few seconds, IF you don’t have an r4 5*. All the while trying to bait his specials.

    Just a simple question, looking for a simple answer.
  • If rewards stay the same for now and can't really be adjusted...then why not adjust the price of the maps for the time being? We barely make enough gold in this game since you guys brought in 6*s. This isn't an attack, it's a suggestion while you do the full refresh.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,890 ★★★★★
    Mixalis wrote: »
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    You said bleed and poison immune may not be as effective, yet you put Morningstar as mini boss, which means you need a bleed immune to fight her.

    You’ve got the wrong end of the stick. Mike said bleed and poison champs may not be as effective because they can no longer DEAL bleed and poison to sentinels, as opposed to symbioids.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,890 ★★★★★
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    You said bleed and poison immune may not be as effective, yet you put Morningstar as mini boss, which means you need a bleed immune to fight her.

    You’ve got the wrong end of the stick. Mike said bleed and poison champs may not be as effective because they can no longer DEAL bleed and poison to sentinels, as opposed to symbioids.

    Youx nots undoostang whstx ima stills sayingz.

    Explain then. Because Miike never said bleed and poison immune champs. He said bleed and poison champs. As in, those that inflict bleed and poison. You are wrong.
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 42
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    You said bleed and poison immune may not be as effective, yet you put Morningstar as mini boss, which means you need a bleed immune to fight her.

    You’ve got the wrong end of the stick. Mike said bleed and poison champs may not be as effective because they can no longer DEAL bleed and poison to sentinels, as opposed to symbioids.

    Youx nots undoostang whstx ima stills sayingz.

    Explain then. Because Miike never said bleed and poison immune champs. He said bleed and poison champs. As in, those that inflict bleed and poison. You are wrong.

    This what your medulla ablongata doesn't understand. How the fudge can Mike say bleed and poison champs won't be effective on Sentinels, which is 90% of the champs that people use in AQ. Now everyone has to bring immune champs just 4 Sentinels. Understand??

    Bleed and poison champs are not effective on Sentinels because Sentinels are bleed and poison immune. How hard is that to understand?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,468 ★★★★★
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    You said bleed and poison immune may not be as effective, yet you put Morningstar as mini boss, which means you need a bleed immune to fight her.

    You’ve got the wrong end of the stick. Mike said bleed and poison champs may not be as effective because they can no longer DEAL bleed and poison to sentinels, as opposed to symbioids.

    Youx nots undoostang whstx ima stills sayingz.

    Explain then. Because Miike never said bleed and poison immune champs. He said bleed and poison champs. As in, those that inflict bleed and poison. You are wrong.

    This what your medulla ablongata doesn't understand. How the fudge can Mike say bleed and poison champs won't be effective on Sentinels, which is 90% of the champs that people use in AQ. Now everyone has to bring immune champs just 4 Sentinels. Understand??

    This sounds confusing in and of itself. I believe what you mean is Champs you can use against Bleed and Poison Immune Champs. When you say Immune, that's something different.
    People can still use their Bleed and Poison Champs. Just not for the ones Immune. Not all Champs will be vulnerable to Bleed or Poison.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,468 ★★★★★
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    You said bleed and poison immune may not be as effective, yet you put Morningstar as mini boss, which means you need a bleed immune to fight her.

    You’ve got the wrong end of the stick. Mike said bleed and poison champs may not be as effective because they can no longer DEAL bleed and poison to sentinels, as opposed to symbioids.

    Youx nots undoostang whstx ima stills sayingz.

    Explain then. Because Miike never said bleed and poison immune champs. He said bleed and poison champs. As in, those that inflict bleed and poison. You are wrong.

    This what your medulla ablongata doesn't understand. How the fudge can Mike say bleed and poison champs won't be effective on Sentinels, which is 90% of the champs that people use in AQ. Now everyone has to bring immune champs just 4 Sentinels. Understand??

    Why would they have to bring immune champs to fight sentinel? LOL

    You are so wrong it's hilarious. Even funnier when you keep being stubborn and won't admit you made a mistake.

    Bcuz, bleed and poison champs won't be as effective on Sentinels, per Kabam Mikey's initial, initial, initially stated

    Correct. Sentinels are Immune to Bleed and Poison.
  • edited March 2018
    @Kabam Miike
    Please put some numbers here as to how much damage we can expect to see from the map6 mini boss Void’s “Fear of the Void” unavoidable damage. I expect this to be a massive damage that will almost be an auto kill in a few seconds, IF you don’t have an r4 5*. All the while trying to bait his specials.

    Just a simple question, looking for a simple answer.

    That's not how it works.

    His fear of the void doesn't actually cause any debuff damage (it just combines the *effects* of the 3 debuffs), just the actual 3 various debuffs he inflicts. And those of course can be removed by going over a 10 hit combo.

    Source: I play Void almost exclusively and know him inside and out
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,468 ★★★★★
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    \
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    So, you are making it more difficult yet not adjusting anything like rewards or even glory? Can I ask why? How does this benefit the players?

    As we said in that post, we are working on a full refresh. We are not at a place or time where we can increase the rewards or fully refresh the mode right now.

    If you aren't at a place or time to refresh the rewards then you shouldn't be at a place or time to refresh the difficulty. One should not go without the other. This is a great example of pure laziness

    But how are you so sure that the difficulty has gotten worse?

    Granted, Bleed and Poison champions may not be as effective in Alliance Quests as they were before, but Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion, and a lot of the new Mini-Bosses have very common counters!

    You said bleed and poison immune may not be as effective, yet you put Morningstar as mini boss, which means you need a bleed immune to fight her.

    You’ve got the wrong end of the stick. Mike said bleed and poison champs may not be as effective because they can no longer DEAL bleed and poison to sentinels, as opposed to symbioids.

    Youx nots undoostang whstx ima stills sayingz.

    Explain then. Because Miike never said bleed and poison immune champs. He said bleed and poison champs. As in, those that inflict bleed and poison. You are wrong.

    This what your medulla ablongata doesn't understand. How the fudge can Mike say bleed and poison champs won't be effective on Sentinels, which is 90% of the champs that people use in AQ. Now everyone has to bring immune champs just 4 Sentinels. Understand??

    This sounds confusing in and of itself. I believe what you mean is Champs you can use against Bleed and Poison Immune Champs. When you say Immune, that's something different.
    People can still use their Bleed and Poison Champs. Just not for the ones Immune. Not all Champs will be vulnerable to Bleed or Poison.

    I also enjoy messing with his brain
    Gotcha. Thought you were unclear.
  • I'm staggered right now by the mere fact people in here are comparing this to 12.0 and wanting to boycott 😂😂😂

    All because of a sentinel bwahaha
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 194 ★★
    Sentinels on debuff immune 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

    Haha, Don’t remind me. As the designated immunity guy in my alliance, that’s going to be rage inducing. Although the plus side to it would be if they still act class specific to what the symbioids were...then the skill sentinels would be annoying at best?
Sign In or Register to comment.