**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

Comments

• Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Cujo999 wrote: »
    I know there are lots of possible solutions and ways to get gold in the game as it currently stands. However, I see the gold problem first hand everyday. I lead a 14 million alliance and about half of my team is living week to week on gold. They grind and get AQ rewards and that allows them to donate for the week and rank up 1 champ (because they have Catalysts and ISO expiring). Then they are back to having no gold and the cycle repeats. There is no enough ways to gain a stash of gold (not everyone can spend lots and lots of time in the arena or afford to spend a lot of money on Gold crystals). Please allow us other ways to increase our gold. We all spend what time we can on this game and more options to increase gold would be much appreciated.

Not to be obtuse here, but if you want that half of your Alliance to be able to rank up more champs, couldn't you do more free maps and lower donations to help alleviate some of the Gold shortage issues?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't complain about a gold increase or easier ways to earn it. At the same time, there has to some advantage for the people dropping $ for it or grinding arenas for hours a day for it.

There will be. A buff across the board will still benefit those who grind more.
  • Options
    moonmebabymoonmebaby Posts: 41
    simple solution... AWARD ACTUAL GOLD thats USEABLE in duping a character...you get 24 5000 iso... why no Gold??? a duped 4* should be at least 100,000k gold... 5* 250k

3* 50k
  • Options
    issue resolved for 95% of this game...
  • Options
    simple solution... AWARD ACTUAL GOLD thats USEABLE in duping a character...you get 24 5000 iso... why no Gold??? a duped 4* should be at least 100,000k gold... 5* 250k issue resolved for 95% of this game...

@Kabam Rose @Kabam DK @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    @moonmebaby

You don’t have to tag the Kabam employees, they see the debates. They may be tired of them, but they do see them
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Gold should be in balance with other upgrade resources. If a player is capped out on their catalyst inventory and has no gold to use them, then there is an imbalance that needs to be corrected. This can be achieved by either increasing gold rewards or by removing gold costs. I would like to see gold costs removed for either champion upgrades or AQ maps.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    @moonmebaby

You don’t have to tag the Kabam employees, they see the debates. They may be tired of them, but they do see them

They might cover their face but we do see them peeking through their fingers.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Gold should be in balance with other upgrade resources. If a player is capped out on their catalyst inventory and has no gold to use them, then there is an imbalance that needs to be corrected.

The only reason that gold is a bottleneck for some players is because other players made exactly the same case with literally every other rank-up related reward in the game, including the actual availability of champions to rank up in the first place.
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Gold should be in balance with other upgrade resources. If a player is capped out on their catalyst inventory and has no gold to use them, then there is an imbalance that needs to be corrected.

The only reason that gold is a bottleneck for some players is because other players made exactly the same case with literally every other rank-up related reward in the game, including the actual availability of champions to rank up in the first place.

True dat.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

Nah, people are just ranking up way to fast, as if for some reason they think it isn’t a progressive game anymore.
  • Options

Nah, people are just ranking up way to fast, as if for some reason they think it isn’t a progressive game anymore.

Which they couldn't do before the devs increased the availability of T4CC, then T4B, then 5* shards, then reduced the price of T1A. And in each case there was a contingent of players claiming that it was wrong for that thing to be a bottleneck.

There's always going to be a bottleneck. And I haven't seen anyone make an honest case for what that should be, only what it should not be.
  • Options
    It's very easy too see that gold shouldn't be as much of a bottleneck as it is. Gold is used in more than just rank ups.
    Should there be bottlenecks? Yes.
    Did those who are asking for more gold ask for more T1A and more T4B etc? Some yes and some no.
    Did they just add a new way to spend a huge amount of gold? Yes, with the addition of 6* champs.
    Is the new uncollected EQ a new source of gold? No, because ~98% of that gold comes from spending energy. This isn't new.
    Has the need for gold continued to rise with not enough to alleviate the constant increase in need? Yes.

The addition of skirmish rewards was huge, but this game is ever evolving. The need for gold has increased even since then.

Yes, you worked really hard for all the champs and gold you've earned since the game came out, but this is a game and people quit from time to time. You will need new players to be able to catch up to fill the spots of those who quit, and if this process is 2 years or more it's not healthy for the game longevity.

Yes, things need changed and balanced as the game continues to grow. People will always be here to provide their opinions on what needs changed now.

If you change the balance of some resources it will affect the balance of other resources. That's true.

I believe the bottle neck should always be catalysts. Catalysts are still a huge bottleneck for progression champs (4*-6*), but since gold is a huge bottleneck as well you'll never have the opportunity to rank your 3* or lower champs if you are trying to progress in the game.
  • Options
    Riegel wrote: »
    You will need new players to be able to catch up to fill the spots of those who quit, and if this process is 2 years or more it's not healthy for the game longevity.

We don't need new players to literally "catch up" because if they could do that, then it would be to my benefit to start a new account and catch up with myself quickly. But you are correct we need newer players to be able to progress at a reasonable speed relative to veteran accounts. And that is true. The current state of the game allows players to do in a few months what it took me over a year to do initially. They are experiencing highly accelerated progress relative to what older players originally experienced: there's no "bottleneck" holding them back from being able to do so. They are bottlenecked insofar as everyone is, but you can probably progress to the middle of the pack on a timescale of less than a year or moderate play. Any faster than what they can do now would start to devalue actually being a veteran player.
  • Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    There is NO gold problem at all. I have MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Gold.

What we are lacking is 5* and 6* hero shards.

We need more ways to earn hero shards.

Milestones in ALL events need to be updated and revamped to offer more of them
  • Options
    You will need new players to be able to catch up to fill the spots of those who quit, and if this process is 2 years or more it's not healthy for the game longevity.

We don't need new players to literally "catch up" because if they could do that, then it would be to my benefit to start a new account and catch up with myself quickly. But you are correct we need newer players to be able to progress at a reasonable speed relative to veteran accounts. And that is true. The current state of the game allows players to do in a few months what it took me over a year to do initially. They are experiencing highly accelerated progress relative to what older players originally experienced: there's no "bottleneck" holding them back from being able to do so. They are bottlenecked insofar as everyone is, but you can probably progress to the middle of the pack on a timescale of less than a year or moderate play. Any faster than what they can do now would start to devalue actually being a veteran player.

Sure, and they'd never been able to level non-progression champs. This would be solely due to gold. No amount of extra gold would allow them to level more progression champs because they wouldn't have the catalysts.
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Keonex wrote: »

Saying there is no problem because you have no problem is arrogant and wrong.

Imagine if I were to say “there is no problem with famine, I have plenty to eat”

Hes trolling man. Dont fall for the bait. You can get a 5 star every week or two.
  • Options

What a load of bs, new players all bottle neck with t4ccs, unless they some how are so good with 2/35s and 4/40s that they get into a top 300 Alliance.

People get on here and just start talking straight out of the butts.

No new account is going to catch a howling commando or season summoner if they are consistently active, that’s just some straight up garbage and is no excuse not to scale gold in the game.

• Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018

Imagine if I were to say “there is no problem with famine, I have plenty to eat”

But you can’t really compare a game we all play and all have access to, to a hunger issues world wide.

That would be like saying we all have 1 cheeseburger a day, for a month.

Now some eat them all in 2 days, then complain that there isn’t enough for the rest of the month.

While others eat 1 a day, maybe a treat and eat 2... but will constantly always have some, because it’s rationed out and not blown.

People just need to chill with the gold issue, since when did the game not become a progression game? Just because we’re 3 years in doesn’t mean that we should be entitled to rank up a new champ daily, or when it comes instantly.

Play smart, don’t blow your load then moan it isn’t there.
  • Options

Sure, and they'd never been able to level non-progression champs. This would be solely due to gold. No amount of extra gold would allow them to level more progression champs because they wouldn't have the catalysts.

You're saying something cannot happen that is actually happening and is easy to verify is happening. That seriously undermines the foundation of your argument.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★

What a load of bs, new players all bottle neck with t4ccs, unless they some how are so good with 2/35s and 4/40s that they get into a top 300 Alliance.

No new account is going to catch a howling commando or season summoner if they are consistently active, that’s just some straight up garbage and is no excuse not to scale gold in the game.

If you're going to argue, at least be accurate. He's not wrong. There may be plateaus, but progression tapers as you go up. New Players progress faster and start to taper off. T4CCs are less of a Bottleneck now because they're available more outside of the Prestige Race.
    He's also correct about the Bottleneck shifting because of juggling requests for Resources. It was T4CCs, then Basics, then Alphas, then Shards, now Gold.
    If you're going to imply someone is blowing smoke, at least be right.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Maybe they could keep the gain of gold the same, but half everything currently costing gold. Or reduce it by 25/30%.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

But you can’t really compare a game we all play and all have access to, to a hunger issues world wide.

Now some eat them all in 2 days, then complain that there isn’t enough for the rest of the month.

While others eat 1 a day, maybe a treat and eat 2... but will constantly always have some, because it’s rationed out and not blown.

People just need to chill with the gold issue, since when did the game not become a progression game? Just because we’re 3 years in doesn’t mean that we should be entitled to rank up a new champ daily, or when it comes instantly.

You misunderstood. I wasn’t comparing the two. I was saying, in literally any situation, it is wrong to say that there is no issue because you don’t have the issue.
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    p5z9tq39zohl.png
    vk6kiz6lca6r.png
    c6ww7lae81cs.png
    kcobm2nldfmw.png
    5ainyky1pnmt.png
    I’ll just post this here to see how much hate I get. Yes I grinded arena early in but over last month Maybe more I’ve only done 12 mil in featured 5* for shards, t4b and alpha arenas and no arena on Sunday. put 600k gold a week in treasury have plenty of iso to sell for gold and ranked many champs.
    1. This took over 3 yrs
    2. People get shards so quickly now and 5/6* people expect to rank them up fast. I’m just guessing a lot of people asking for gold have maybe 1.5 years in maybe 2. Who knows could be less then a year.
    3. Don’t sell your champs. Dupes give iso which when can’t be used can be sold for gold.
    4. Some people are against maybe because they put in work to get to this point. PROGRESSION. They feel their work is cheapened if giving regular gold realms or huge increases in gold.
    5. What’s going to happen when a lot of these free to play rank up their champs then have to spend all of their pots because they face harder opponents. Will then they say we should have regular halls of healing because pots cost 2 much?
    6. Face it kabam will do what they want. They don’t care if you say you will quit because new players will join and take your place.
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

Any resource in the game can be a bottleneck if you don't do content that provides that resource or pay Kabam for it when offers are available. New players can bottleneck on T3B's and T2CC's if they spend all their QE on the monthly EQ and story progression. If you don't join an active AQ Alliance, then T4B's and T1A's are a big bottleneck. I don't personally care for grinding Arenas, but if I've got a new champ I'm trying to max out before the next AW starts so I can put them on defense, I grind for gold. I get that it's boring and people have better things to do, but you can literally grind it or buy it anytime you want. I'm not going to complain about a quicker, easier way to get it, but it's not really a shortage.

The other side of the issue is a lot of the Alliances getting killed by weekly donations engage in AQ piloting/account sharing. Doing so essentially guaranteed a 100% success rate in AQ. That increased their Prestige at an accelerated rate, and led to a corresponding inflation of their Map costs. Should anyone really be concerned that high donations have hamstrung the members of those Alliances ability to rank champs?
  • Options

The fact you still somehow think more gold would allow you to rank up more 5*'s is funny.
  • Options

You're saying something cannot happen that is actually happening and is easy to verify is happening. That seriously undermines the foundation of your argument.

New accounts pushing for progression as i stated 4*-6*champs are also wasting gold on 3* and lower champs? Why would they do this? This would hinder their progression. Your counter makes no sense.
  • Options
    Stara99 wrote: »
    p5z9tq39zohl.png
    vk6kiz6lca6r.png
    c6ww7lae81cs.png
    kcobm2nldfmw.png
    5ainyky1pnmt.png
    I’ll just post this here to see how much hate I get. Yes I grinded arena early in but over last month Maybe more I’ve only done 12 mil in featured 5* for shards, t4b and alpha arenas and no arena on Sunday. put 600k gold a week in treasury have plenty of iso to sell for gold and ranked many champs.
    1. This took over 3 yrs
    2. People get shards so quickly now and 5/6* people expect to rank them up fast. I’m just guessing a lot of people asking for gold have maybe 1.5 years in maybe 2. Who knows could be less then a year.
    3. Don’t sell your champs. Dupes give iso which when can’t be used can be sold for gold.
    4. Some people are against maybe because they put in work to get to this point. PROGRESSION. They feel their work is cheapened if giving regular gold realms or huge increases in gold.
    5. What’s going to happen when a lot of these free to play rank up their champs then have to spend all of their pots because they face harder opponents. Will then they say we should have regular halls of healing because pots cost 2 much?
    6. Face it kabam will do what they want. They don’t care if you say you will quit because new players will join and take your place.

We all know kabam will do what they want. The point is a discussion. No one is right and no one is wrong, until kabam says what's happening. Which may never happen.
  • Options
    @Cujo999

Bottlenecks are ok, so long as there is a purpose for them. I didn’t have an issue when my progress slowed down because i lacked t4ccs. You keep playing and the resources you need will come.

Gold requires hours per day for months at a time, on top of everything else you have to do in the game.

Other resources have scaled with the progression of the game gold hasn’t.
  • Options

New accounts pushing for progression as i stated 4*-6*champs are also wasting gold on 3* and lower champs? Why would they do this? This would hinder their progression. Your counter makes no sense.

Its actually your previous statement that makes no sense. First you say that newer players would never be able to level non-progression champions, and that the reason would be because of limited gold. Then you say that no amount of extra gold would allow them to level "progression champs" because the bottleneck on them is catalysts. Assuming I accept that definition of "progression champs" (its certainly not how I would use that term) you're saying that newer players don't level non-progression champs because of lack of gold and don't level progression champs because of lack of catalysts, but those two bottlenecks can't be simultaneously true for any extended period of time. Catalysts are not uniformly scarce: if you aren't spending gold on rank ups and not spending catalysts because of the lack of higher level catalysts then you're just wasting resources that expire.

By the time a newer player could experience both problems simultaneously, they would have to have advanced to a similar degree as veteran players, something you previously implied would take an extremely long period of time (two years).
This discussion has been closed.