**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

GOLD. Is it really an issue?

Comments

• Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Keonex wrote: »
    There is NO gold problem at all. I have MILLIONS and MILLIONS of Gold.

What we are lacking is 5* and 6* hero shards.

We need more ways to earn hero shards.

Milestones in ALL events need to be updated and revamped to offer more of them

Saying there is no problem because you have no problem is arrogant and wrong.

Imagine if I were to say “there is no problem with famine, I have plenty to eat”

But you can’t really compare a game we all play and all have access to, to a hunger issues world wide.

That would be like saying we all have 1 cheeseburger a day, for a month.

Now some eat them all in 2 days, then complain that there isn’t enough for the rest of the month.

While others eat 1 a day, maybe a treat and eat 2... but will constantly always have some, because it’s rationed out and not blown.

People just need to chill with the gold issue, since when did the game not become a progression game? Just because we’re 3 years in doesn’t mean that we should be entitled to rank up a new champ daily, or when it comes instantly.

Play smart, don’t blow your load then moan it isn’t there.

The fact you still somehow think more gold would allow you to rank up more 5*'s is funny.

Where has that come from @Riegel ?

Logically more gold would allow more rank ups, but I never said that, and I never said there is a gold issue...

Sooo what you waffling about?

Are you serious? It takes more than gold to level up or rank up a champ. Simply having gold doesn't mean you can level or rank up freely.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Batman05 wrote: »
    The fact is for the mass majority the arena grind is not sustainable. Many who do map 6x5 for AQ don't grind on their account. They farm this out to people who will play arena for them, or they buy gold from someone outside their alliance who will donate for them. This is how many people do it in the top tier of AQ rankings. It's unfortunate and unfair. I have prided myself on playing my own AW and AQ as well as farming all my resources myself.

The farm is weighing ever week more and more. The fact that nothing is done about the mass amount of RMT in this game is frustrating for those who actually put in the work. I understand where you are coming from @CoatHang3r you have grinded your ass off for the gold you have. Yet, the piloting issue from what you say is stopping you from progressing to an alliance of your caliber.

Making gold easier to get would devalue the gold you already have, but only for those who obtain it legally. Imagine how much more upset you'd be when you've put in all the time and effort for your gold, and someone else just buys 4 months of gold/bc donations for $150 from a merc.

That's my main frustration. I can't keep up and not cheat. That's why I joined an alliance that does map 6 one day a week.

Still would like to see more gold available to all.

This again is not true. You can not pay some one that's out side your alliance to donate your gold or battle chips. Only alliance members can donate towards the alliance treasury. But trading donations is nothing bad. I normally trade 1 million worth of gold a week for my alliance mates

lol bro you have no idea what you are talking about.

It is easy to make assumptions about top alliances when your not in that alliance to know for sure. With war season people do not just add and subtract members on a whem for some one to donate
  • Options
    TBH even I was running low on gold..I used up all my gold to rank almost all my 4 stars to r3....I was so low on gold that I couldn't even do arena
    .....but after getting some 80k gold I started grinding and now I have 900k gold....this happened within 2 weeks...
  • Options
    Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    a91ivlp74i61.png
    bxqbel549il6.png

And you do not have to grind as much as @CoatHang3r to have enough gold

240k pvp fights is a lot, I applaud your effort and your dedication to the arena. However for players who are already on their way to going broke, it’s not realistic to think they can climb out of the hole without a change in gold accumulation by grinding the arena.

1000 rounds at 30 seconds per fight is 25 hours. I have 40k pvp fights, you have 240k. That means I’m 5000 hrs behind you in arena time. A lot of players don’t even have 40k, there needs to be another way to gather gold to supplement the arena.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Some people are lazy, but that doesn't mean everything is perfect the way it is. Changes need to happen periodically.

Also, people keep talking about EQ, but you get almost no NEW gold from uncollected EQ. 90% or more of the gold comes from spending energy. You should always spend your energy, so this isn't NEW gold.

No one should be expected to grind 4.5 hours a day for years to have 90 mil gold. Why do you have that much gold? Why aren't you out their ranking every champ there is? Is it because there is another bottleneck? Maybe a catalyst? :unamused:
    Things do and will change, they even sort of announced an upcoming change with the removal of the bases tab from the alliance menu.

More EQ is more available gold. Its content that was not there before which also provides larger amounts of auxiliary gold from the related awards, the 2x 4s yiu get from UNCeq is a potential 120k good alone. However the best return on energy (i think) for gold is master daily proving grounds. That thing is like 10x more gold than the next lowest difficulty.

If you want 90m gold 4.5h a day is the way to get it but noone needs that much gold nor is anyone saying yiu to acheive that to be comfortable, its useless when you have that much. I have that much because i play too much, however thats not the reason i play so much. My rosters TBHR progression is slow like others just for different reasons, i also experience an inability to rank champions but due to different reasons like t4b availability and crystal luck. Also all that gold is not pure arena it also having every champ in the crystals which means every crystal becomes +gold.

And seriously guys stop making the thread about my individual playing habits. I’m abnormal and not at all a good example of what it takes to live comforatbly in mcoc. Its also against the forum rules and detracts from the thread. I myself was warned in this thread and had my post deleted for questioning Riegel’s profile.
  • Options
    The fact is for the mass majority the arena grind is not sustainable. Many who do map 6x5 for AQ don't grind on their account. They farm this out to people who will play arena for them, or they buy gold from someone outside their alliance who will donate for them. This is how many people do it in the top tier of AQ rankings. It's unfortunate and unfair. I have prided myself on playing my own AW and AQ as well as farming all my resources myself.

The farm is weighing ever week more and more. The fact that nothing is done about the mass amount of RMT in this game is frustrating for those who actually put in the work. I understand where you are coming from @CoatHang3r you have grinded your ass off for the gold you have. Yet, the piloting issue from what you say is stopping you from progressing to an alliance of your caliber.

Making gold easier to get would devalue the gold you already have, but only for those who obtain it legally. Imagine how much more upset you'd be when you've put in all the time and effort for your gold, and someone else just buys 4 months of gold/bc donations for $150 from a merc.

That's my main frustration. I can't keep up and not cheat. That's why I joined an alliance that does map 6 one day a week.

This again is not true. You can not pay some one that's out side your alliance to donate your gold or battle chips. Only alliance members can donate towards the alliance treasury. But trading donations is nothing bad. I normally trade 1 million worth of gold a week for my alliance mates

It is easy to make assumptions about top alliances when your not in that alliance to know for sure. With war season people do not just add and subtract members on a whem for some one to donate

No one is making assumptions. This DOES and IS happening.
  • Options
    That is because I opened my account after the beta version so yes I have more wins and time because my account is older. Your wins will add up to and your gold as well
  • Options
    How much gold would you like the game to give and for what and how much effort?
  • Options

It does happen. Saw it first hand.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Some people are lazy, but that doesn't mean everything is perfect the way it is. Changes need to happen periodically.

Also, people keep talking about EQ, but you get almost no NEW gold from uncollected EQ. 90% or more of the gold comes from spending energy. You should always spend your energy, so this isn't NEW gold.

No one should be expected to grind 4.5 hours a day for years to have 90 mil gold. Why do you have that much gold? Why aren't you out their ranking every champ there is? Is it because there is another bottleneck? Maybe a catalyst? :unamused:
    Things do and will change, they even sort of announced an upcoming change with the removal of the bases tab from the alliance menu.

More EQ is more available gold. Its content that was not there before which also provides larger amounts of auxiliary gold from the related awards, the 2x 4s yiu get from UNCeq is a potential 120k good alone. However the best return on energy (i think) for gold is master daily proving grounds. That thing is like 10x more gold than the next lowest difficulty.

If you want 90m gold 4.5h a day is the way to get it but noone needs that much gold nor is anyone saying yiu to acheive that to be comfortable, its useless when you have that much. I have that much because i play too much, however thats not the reason i play so much. My rosters TBHR progression is slow like others just for different reasons, i also experience an inability to rank champions but due to different reasons like t4b availability and crystal luck. Also all that gold is not pure arena it also having every champ in the crystals which means every crystal becomes +gold.

And seriously guys stop making the thread about my individual playing habits. I’m abnormal and not at all a good example of what it takes to live comforatbly in mcoc. Its also against the forum rules and detracts from the thread. I myself was warned in this thread and had my post deleted for questioning Riegel’s profile.

It's just funny. You called me out and now you telling others not to call you out. Just let them get their warning too.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    All I'm saying is I want to play legit and have a life lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    How much gold would you like the game to give and for what and how much effort?

Not much more. I never wanted it doubled or anything. I don't even really want a buff to existing sources. The dream is new content which the purpose is gold collection. Similar to how arena is the main source of gold. I just want a different way of obtaining it than nonstop arena.

I couldn't tell you the exact amount more I would be happy with now. I may not care at all now since I'm not doing 6x5 anymore my gold is going up. I still would like to have a different way to get it other than arena. A lot at the top all buy their gold so they would only be happy to see gold prices per million go down if gold was easier to get.
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    "There is no gold problem. Just grind 7-12 hours a day and you're fine".

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Most grinders use suicides. When you use suicides you can do a series in 1 minute 10 seconds to1 and a half minutes top. It doesn’t take long. When there was only a 4* arena people used their 3* sonit wasn’t hard to do a lot of matches
  • Options

It's just funny. You called me out and now you telling others not to call you out. Just let them get their warning too.
    It’s fair play and equal oppritunity, not surprised you poopoo the concept.
  • Options
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    "There is no gold problem. Just grind 7-12 hours a day and you're fine".
    The only person saying that is you, the hyperbole and misrepresentation the debate further showcases the fact you’re just here to troll.
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117

I totally get that. However, any hobby/recreational activity with direct or indirect competition requires large investments of time and/or money to compete at the top, and can basically turn into a 2nd job that you probably aren't getting paid for, or if you are getting paid for it, you aren't making enough to cover your expenses. Really, mercs and Youtubers are the only people turning a profit off of playing MCoC. I don't blame anybody for not wanting to pay money, directly or indirectly, for Gold or grind Arenas for hours out of their day. I personally don't want to do that, either. But that's what it takes to compete at the top levels of the game. In many cases, the Gold issue seems to be more of a function of players wanting to play at a level that they aren't willing to make the time/money commitments for. That's really more of a player/Alliance issue than a game economy issue.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    You are misunderstanding the issue. They made gold more needed, and made no new ways of obtaining gold. Since it is my topic I will say I never asked for a gold realm as the only solution, would I accept gold realm as a solution? Sure. There are many other ways to address gold. I would even accept a solution that is grindy like the arena. IDC at this point.
    You are misrepresenting the issue outlined in the OP. No you made gold more needed by choosing to run 6x5 then complained about it and claim to be a victim of some design flaw in the game. They have made a new way of obtaining gold, you get 33k 3 times a week from aw now. They have also increased your potential to earn good across the board. All if which you choose to ignore or belittle repeatedly. However your issue you outlined is that you want to run 6x5 for less effort, sorry 6 is designed to be that way.

I expect they will reduce the cost of map 6 whenever they get around to the next season. When map 6 was released they said that it wasn't intended to be run every day but that was ages ago. Nevertheless the points about the increased gold availability not keeping pace with increased cost of ranking remains. We run 5x5 and lots of people have gold struggles. @CoatHang3r is committed to opposing any resource increases because he is a crazy arena grinder. But whatever.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    a91ivlp74i61.png
    bxqbel549il6.png

And you do not have to grind as much as @CoatHang3r to have enough gold

242k is still in the crazy arena grinding category. I don't think anyone thought you had to be one of the biggest grinders in the game like Coathanger. Your point is essentially that if you grind an insane amount of arena, but not as much as others...
  • Options
    I love you gold trolls.

"Grind 8hrs a day and you'll be fine"

lmao

• Options
    Cujo999 wrote: »

I totally get that. However, any hobby/recreational activity with direct or indirect competition requires large investments of time and/or money to compete at the top, and can basically turn into a 2nd job that you probably aren't getting paid for, or if you are getting paid for it, you aren't making enough to cover your expenses. Really, mercs and Youtubers are the only people turning a profit off of playing MCoC. I don't blame anybody for not wanting to pay money, directly or indirectly, for Gold or grind Arenas for hours out of their day. I personally don't want to do that, either. But that's what it takes to compete at the top levels of the game. In many cases, the Gold issue seems to be more of a function of players wanting to play at a level that they aren't willing to make the time/money commitments for. That's really more of a player/Alliance issue than a game economy issue.

I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. You are saying if you want to play at the top you have to cheat, and that having to buy gold is a player issue not a game economy issue?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Cujo999 wrote: »

I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. You are saying if you want to play at the top you have to cheat, and that having to buy gold is a player issue not a game economy issue?

That doesn't seem to be what he is saying at all. Since he says that top competitors are likely putting in enough effort to be comparable to a second job and that most such players are not likely making a lot or any money, and that the people making a lot of money are either mercenary players or players with monetized Youtube channels, the conclusion is that most of the top players are neither mercenaries nor monetized Youtube video producers. There's no implication that they cheat to reach that level of play.

As to the question of buying gold, it seems to me the poster isn't saying that having to buy gold is a player issue, he's saying that no one ever "needs" to buy gold. How much gold you require is dependent on your expectations for how fast you think you should progress in the game, and the need to buy gold occurs when the amount required to generate the progress you believe is appropriate is higher than the amount you earn given the amount of time you put into the game. It is that difference in expectation verses game play that makes the resource bottlenecks like gold something players feel the need to spend past.

I'm not sure I agree with that last statement entirely in the general case, but it also isn't a particularly odd statement to make either. At worst, it is a bit of a truism. It can be true even in games with demonstrably unbalanced economies.
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Good discussion on-going! Thanks folks!

p/s: The drama is too long, I begin to run out of popcorns :D
  • Options
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Another baseless gold thread. Solution: dont rank up all the champs. Do arena.

Don't make me post it again bro.... ;)
  • Options
    StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    1) Gold has increased in many areas of the game. AW, solo events, increase in AQ payout.

2) 6s are here but they cost half as much to rank as their 5* CR equivalent.

3) Ever heard the idiom work hard play hard? Thats map 6, if you want to play 6x5 you need to work for it as its meant to be cost prohibitive.

4) Enough with the gold threads, you just posted in one before you started this one.

Games should not feel like work. Having to do 4hrs of mind numbing fights a day to barely have enough to rank up 5*s is not enjoyable. There needs to be a balance. Map 5 was designed when most people had 5/50 4* champs. Now with 5/65 5* it offers little challenge for endgame but many alliances cant afford to have the pleasure and challenge of it due to issues with gold. I know they are updating it to address this, and gold will need to be a vital part of the update.

P.s. 6* are cheaper but how many of them do you have?(1-3?) And how many are duped (0) and how many are god tier (pretty much 0). So 6*arent the answer.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Games can be as engaging or as light as you choose. However, if you want to progress further, you need to put more time in. That's true for any game I've played. If you put more time and effort in, you progress more. Those who get ahead put more in than others.
This discussion has been closed.