**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Infinity Chaos Event Energy Requirements [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Anmael wrote: »
    Hey KABAM,
    Thumb's up on the Chaos Rift rewards, THUMBS WAY DOWN on extending the length of all of the paths in this month's Infinity Chaos event quest to milk us out of energy refills! To effectively take advantage of the Chaos Rifts, we pretty much have to 100% all of the difficulties of the event quest. You have clearly, by design, made the paths insanely and unnecessarily long to maximize players having to buy energy refills to get this silly thing done.

I haven't done the math (and I am sure someone will), but it takes 78 energy to run the SHORTEST path on the final quest in Heroic! That requires an energy refill by itself! You can't even run a single line without using resources! Most of the enemies on the upper levels have somewhere between 3-6 nodes between them. That is 9-18 energy just getting from one enemy to another! WTF?

I have to wonder when if you tally it all up it wouldn't just be cheaper to buy one of your more terrible offers to get what we are going to get from the rifts! This is a disservice to your players. Please don't do this again, or at least put out a great offer for energy refills while something like this is in play. I think community preference would be the former, though.

Jerk move, Kabam!

Every EQ has varied in energy requirements. Not sure why you think this time is any different. It will change every month. Sometimes its not longer paths but extra paths. While I don't disagree that for MCOC, energy requirements is completely skewed, it does change month to month. It would be better to be able to stack energy like in MFF and MSF but since they make a pretty penny off the refills, its not going to happen.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    On the bright side, Act 3.4.1 'The Deal' is seeing a resurgence in value during Completion, as it's 30 energy for 1500 points, a much better deal than 78 for 3000 (66/3000 for last month's). But on the other hand, it doesn't get much EQ explored either.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    This week has not been a good one for kabam

SInce 12.0 they've been pretty good at slowly trickling out their garbage. Seems like they just said, "F it, release the next 3 months of terrible ideas in one week!"
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »

Like he said.... too much... what’s 8 additional energy refill amongst friends... am I right?

Well, 40ish for all the rift shards. But who needs those extra 1200 units anyway.
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Hey KABAM,
    Thumb's up on the Chaos Rift rewards, THUMBS WAY DOWN on extending the length of all of the paths in this month's Infinity Chaos event quest to milk us out of energy refills! To effectively take advantage of the Chaos Rifts, we pretty much have to 100% all of the difficulties of the event quest. You have clearly, by design, made the paths insanely and unnecessarily long to maximize players having to buy energy refills to get this silly thing done.

I haven't done the math (and I am sure someone will), but it takes 78 energy to run the SHORTEST path on the final quest in Heroic! That requires an energy refill by itself! You can't even run a single line without using resources! Most of the enemies on the upper levels have somewhere between 3-6 nodes between them. That is 9-18 energy just getting from one enemy to another! WTF?

I have to wonder when if you tally it all up it wouldn't just be cheaper to buy one of your more terrible offers to get what we are going to get from the rifts! This is a disservice to your players. Please don't do this again, or at least put out a great offer for energy refills while something like this is in play. I think community preference would be the former, though.

Jerk move, Kabam!

Every EQ has varied in energy requirements. Not sure why you think this time is any different. It will change every month. Sometimes its not longer paths but extra paths. While I don't disagree that for MCOC, energy requirements is completely skewed, it does change month to month. It would be better to be able to stack energy like in MFF and MSF but since they make a pretty penny off the refills, its not going to happen.

Last year, the 'fast path' for this event was 36 energy. This one is 78. The rewards are the same. This is the issue. Sorry if you aren't seeing it.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said they vary in requirements. Also Uncollected wasn't around last year either. There have been a few EQ's with a path that required 36 and there have been others that required more. On of the mod's commented that the overall energy spent per each type of quest/chapter stays roughly the same. That means the amount of energy spent stays about the same but the path requirement seems longer. The rewards don't have anything to do with the amount of energy spent or required. Heroic and Master quests can almost be done fully on auto fight now. I'm happy with getting pretty much free resources for not having to spend any extra resources besides energy.
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    It's a bit convenient that of all the monthly event quests, the one with Chaos Rifts requires even more energy and has less time. Especially considering that with the rifts, people will want to do normal mode as well. What they've basically done is made the game 4 per tile just in a sneaky way by adding in extra unnecessary tiles.

Also Kabam Mike stating that the energy "is not changing too much" is a very vague term and is basically just a way of saying: yeah we're scamming you but only a "little bit". The fact that it's only 28 days too is the main issue, either give us a special energy offer or extend the event!
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    So many tears this week. I'll admit that adding a change to AQ with no reward sucks but to be crying about the event quest requiring a few more energy doesn't make sense.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Rednick69 wrote: »
    So many tears this week. I'll admit that adding a change to AQ with no reward sucks but to be crying about the event quest requiring a few more energy doesn't make sense.

I hope you don't really think people shed tears over this stuff. We just are bored at the moment and complaining on a forum. If there wasn't complaints, there'd be no forums. Unless you want to sit there with Groundedwisdom talking about how everything is awesome like some kind of Lego drone.
    Hey KABAM,

Jerk move, Kabam!

Last year, the 'fast path' for this event was 36 energy. This one is 78. The rewards are the same. This is the issue. Sorry if you aren't seeing it.

Did you not read what I wrote? I said they vary in requirements. Also Uncollected wasn't around last year either. There have been a few EQ's with a path that required 36 and there have been others that required more. On of the mod's commented that the overall energy spent per each type of quest/chapter stays roughly the same. That means the amount of energy spent stays about the same but the path requirement seems longer. The rewards don't have anything to do with the amount of energy spent or required. Heroic and Master quests can almost be done fully on auto fight now. I'm happy with getting pretty much free resources for not having to spend any extra resources besides energy.

You clearly don't understand my point if you're discussing uncollected and master rewards. I'm talking specifically about the 'fast' path that people spam for the event completion for 250 4 star shards. The shortest possible path for the most points has done nothing but increase over the last year. It was 36 around this time last year, and this time it's 78. You can talk about other things all you want, but you can't justify why they needed the one path that people will actually try to rerun for completion points to suddenly cost that much energy.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    The Quest is open all month. You don't have to spend Units to blow through it in one day. Also, Units are a farmable commodity, so that would defeat the purpose of trying to milk.
  • Hey All,

While the actual amount of energy to finish a Path in a certain Quest might change from Event Quest to Event Quest, the overall amount of Energy required to Master the entire Quest does not change too much. There will be a little bit of a discrepancy from month to month, with some requiring more energy, and some requiring less energy, but overall, it is not changing too much.

Maybe this was already mentioned... And if so, my apologies, I didn't see it.. I've never done beginner quest before... I did it today and noticed it's missing a significant number of paths in comparison to other difficulties. Is this the reason behind the "it evens out" argument used above? If it's not a normal thing for beginner to have less paths, what's the reason behind loading up the higher difficulties with more paths? If it's always that way, I learned something new today lol
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Hey All,

While the actual amount of energy to finish a Path in a certain Quest might change from Event Quest to Event Quest, the overall amount of Energy required to Master the entire Quest does not change too much. There will be a little bit of a discrepancy from month to month, with some requiring more energy, and some requiring less energy, but overall, it is not changing too much.

Maybe this was already mentioned... And if so, my apologies, I didn't see it.. I've never done beginner quest before... I did it today and noticed it's missing a significant number of paths in comparison to other difficulties. Is this the reason behind the "it evens out" argument used above? If it's not a normal thing for beginner to have less paths, what's the reason behind loading up the higher difficulties with more paths? If it's always that way, I learned something new today lol

Can you provide an example? Not being a snark, but I didn't notice that. That's ridiculous if true though since they are going to use that beginner energy requirement as part of the overall average and claim its still the same as before.
  • dabcity574dabcity574 Posts: 15
    Really Kabam?!?! So the cost of energy is going up every month. Why???? Also you have ruined AQ. Make it harder and don't give better rewards. I'm not worrying about that because we get through that but the cost of energy is just you guys being money hungry and making the game again not fun. It used to cost 1 energy refill for the shortest path. I have been playing now since the game started and really thinking about putting the game down for good.
  • Spart3nSpart3n Posts: 36
    edited April 2018
    Edit: posted in the wrong place but. Every month to date there has been at least one path on heroic/master/uncollected that can be run under the cost of a full energy bar. It is not the end of the world but it is annoying. I will be running story 3.4.1 like the old days.
    Spart3n wrote: »
    Edit: posted in the wrong place but. Every month to date there has been at least one path on heroic/master/uncollected that can be run under the cost of a full energy bar. It is not the end of the world but it is annoying. I will be running story 3.4.1 like the old days.

Don't bother. He will never agree with anyone complaining about this game. It's a bad joke.
    The shortest path was 36 last year and 78 this year for the same rewards. This is insulting.

edited April 2018
    Spart3n wrote: »
    The Quest is open all month. You don't have to spend Units to blow through it in one day. Also, Units are a farmable commodity, so that would defeat the purpose of trying to milk.
    They aren't talking about exploring the monthly quest. It is specifically about running the same path over and over for the completion event. Every month to date there has been at least one path on heroic/master/uncollected that can be run under the cost of a full energy bar. It is not the end of the world but it is annoying. I will be running story 3.4.1 like the old days.

I know that's the trigger for the subject, but I wanted to speak generically because I don't really have constructive thoughts on that. Lol. I think it's a bit entitled to expect an easy path. We analyze and circulate that info to make it easier on each other, but no one said that's a standard for them.
  • Well this is the last beginner quest. I don't want to spam a ton of pics, but I'm pretty sure each quest in beginner is missing at least one path, with the later quests missing more. And again, never done beginner so idk if this is a normal thing or not. The floating Champions in this particular quest (not on any path) kinda make it look like a mistake was made where they removed the path but not all nodes. That part isn't pictured, but is further down the left-most jmbir0t1r6ja.png
    path
    Beginner is meant to be shorter yes.
  • Good to know. Not really sure how things even out in comparison to other quests then. I thought the less path quests might have been the way it worked but I guess not.
    I think another reason we're noticing is because there are Rift Shards. Usually I wouldn't do anything under Heroic unless I'm doing a quick Completion to farm the Units or get Points for Hero Use. It just takes a fair amount of Energy and time to run all Difficulties. It's not necessary to spend. Just makes it faster. I'm taking my time. I have a balance of Units I'm saving for a different run, and only using what I farm after that. Haven't used any yet. I'm just doing Auto as my Energy refills, in between Grinds.
    That's not their fault. People have to build enough of a Roster for those game modes. We've all had to do that.
    Hey KABAM,

Jerk move, Kabam!

You clearly don't understand my point if you're discussing uncollected and master rewards. I'm talking specifically about the 'fast' path that people spam for the event completion for 250 4 star shards. The shortest possible path for the most points has done nothing but increase over the last year. It was 36 around this time last year, and this time it's 78. You can talk about other things all you want, but you can't justify why they needed the one path that people will actually try to rerun for completion points to suddenly cost that much energy.

@KhanMedina you are sorely mistaken if you think Kabam designs quests around being able to have 1 path for completion events. Thats not their goal. Never has been, never will be. The OVERALL energy doesn't vary much from EQ to EQ. I was commenting on the OP's comment on saying the total energy requirement went up. You brought up the speed path and rewards first. I was pointing out that the energy requirements varies and so rewards should stay the same. They aren't going to increase rewards because the "fast" path is longer. Not only that but the completion event fell at the start of a new EQ. Fast paths shouldn't matter when you have every difficultly that can contribute points. Just explore the quests and you'll hit your alliance minimums.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    well this completion event totally sucks