[iOS] Lag and Performance Investigation

Comments

• RaddMannRaddMann Member Posts: 6
    Hi im using iPhone 7 plus over a year until iOS 10.3.1. I updated to iOS 11.0 accidentally and faced with the memory problem but only with Contest Of Champions. When i changed to another app and want to back to the MCOC it restarts itself and even sometimes i pause the game to check other apps so i lost lots of progressin becuase of this issue. Wanted to get back to 10.3 but couldnt downgrade to 10.3 because Apple gave up to sign of ios 10. So waited over months that the problem solved by Apple and tried all updated ios systems including 12 beta but i have the same problem. So i finally understood after especially in 1 year its all about your game. Please update the libraries on programming files or whatever you do to solve this issue. I will hit phone to wall or totally give up playing MCOC because of this. I hope you read what i wrote because i know theres a lot of player facing with this issue. I want you to solve this issue adap. Thanks...
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Member Posts: 443 ★★
    iphone 8 plus
    ios 11.4
    over wifi and cellular, verizon is my carrier (i literally never have had an issue getting on any webiste or game other than this game and it happens sometimes several times a day. this has been going on as long as everyone elses issues which is got to be months im sure.
    all game modes except realm of legends
    1) im experimcing the over heating issue anytime im in game more than 20 minutes
    2) often time abilities like parry or block dont register eventhough im definetly timing it right, sometimes evade also, mostly parry and block though
    3) the consistancy of the game shoqing the "we unable to connect please check your netwoek settings" or something to that affect. i can say with 100% certainty i have abosutely 0 connection issues as i said earlier in this post ive never had any other game or website fail to load and when i do see that message i check to see if its my device or connection everytime bu logging into a different game and also going to youtube and make sure a video will play.
    4) i want to add my personal thoughts so you guys know where pwople are coming from. this game is repetitive and thats why we love playing it. its literally impossible to keep a game new and exciting, the people driving the spending all love the repetitive nature of the game stick with that and the profits will go through the roof instead of having these steep drop offs when a disaster happens. in other words keep tiving us more of the same. anyone who doesnt think that will work just look in between the versions of the game right after the willpower nerf right up to 12.0. there were almost no changes made and people kept spending more and more never getting sick or tired of the game. use that as a reference point please. these ideas to "shake up the game and make it fresh and exciting ways backfire anyways. people love the game the way it is. furthermore we dont need 2 new champions every month anymore theres 150 ish playable charectors. spend that time preventing these type of issues and making the 90% of champions that are awful or have no use useful again. anyways thank you for your time hopefully these issues are fixed and we can go back to playing all day long and buying crystals and offers instead of logging in to just do aw and aq then logging out before my 850$ phone is damaged from over heating.
  • FreedomFighterFreedomFighter Member Posts: 2
    Device and Model: iphone 6s
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: both cellular and wifi
    Game Version Installed: version 19.0
    Game Mode: story quests, event quests, AW, AQ, crystal opening.
    Description of the Issue: Ever since the most recent update I have been noticing a severe lag during gameplay. To the point that its impossible to play the game. Upon logging in, the first couple fights are usually fine, but then eventually the game will start to lag. I've also experienced a severe lag in trying to open crystals. This could be unrelated, but the lag seems especially bad when playing with the Iron Man IW character.

Another issue is that my phone gets really hot when playing MCOC. This did not use to be the case. I have only noticed both issues since the most recent update.
  • ZendricZendric Member Posts: 12
    Iphone 6s plus...anyways i posted a few threads up ..anyways last night the game kept crashing and there was a point where it crash i can't get in game and it says its under maintenance but then my kid can still play on his ipad. last night was the worst on game crashes since i started playing this game
  • AtomAtom Member Posts: 1
    Device: iPhone 7
    iOS 11.4.1
    Cell & WiFi
    AT&T
    AQ and story mode.
    I continually get booted after about 5 min of play. Phone completely freezes up. Phone will shut down and restart. Battery drain. At least a second lag on commands. Especially when blocking or dashing back. Other apps are effected as well. FB freezes up along with my email and internet browser. If I stop playing and go to do something els. I’d say this started right when the new update began. I just was made aware that I’m not the only one having these issues. It actually froze up trying to get onto the forums. I’m used to in game issues but it’s starting to give me problems with other apps on my phone and causing me issues with email and texts. If the game freezes and leave and go to texts someone, halfway through the text my phone will freeze up or shut down for 3-5 minutes and I loose what ever I wrote.
    That’s not cool.
    Playing this game since the 3rd day it cane out and I’d like to keep playing please.
  • Masterchief717Masterchief717 Member Posts: 2
    Phone: iPhone6
    Device Operating System:11.4
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All
    Issues:
    1. Lag
    2. Champions not responding with same speed
    3. No response when trying to use special moves
    4. Overheating
  • DaddyK00LDaddyK00L Member Posts: 6
    Thx for the info.
    IPhone 7
    IOS 11.3 & 11.4.1
    Wifi and cellular.
    Game version 17.2
    Suffering from lag issues and severe battery draining/overheating in every aspect of the game. Cannot switch phone off & have to wait for the game to close/shut itself down before being able to use the phone again correctly. This started with the release of the game version update 17.2.
    All champs are affected. Menu is non responsive or super slow. Chat is a
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Member Posts: 96
    Hey guys do you see any difference in fights in aq vs fights in quests, I c a lot problems in aq compared to other quests, can’t comment on arena because I stopped playing for a week now
  • Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Member Posts: 294 ★★
    Device and model: iPhone X and IPad Pro
    Device operating system: iOS 11.0
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version installed: 19.0.0
    Game mode: every
    Description of the issue: Lags itelf out once every 20 minutes. iPad and iPhone huts down, screen goes black, home button and power button not working, completely unresponsive for around 5 minutes
  • DaddyK00LDaddyK00L Member Posts: 6
    Apologies, I gave the wrong Game version in my 1st post.
    Please see updated post below.

IPhone 7
    IOS 11.3 & 11.4.1
    Wifi and cellular.
    Game version 19.0.0
    Suffering from lag issues and severe battery draining/overheating in every aspect of the game. Cannot switch phone off & have to wait for the game to close/shut itself down before being able to use the phone again correctly. This started with the release of the game version update 19.0.0
    All champs are affected. Menu is non responsive or super slow.
  • Super4YogiSuper4Yogi Member Posts: 22
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Mode: Arena, quests, war and AQ
    Description of the Issue: There's tons of lagging happening here; Networking and crashing issues as well, a whole lot, every few minutes. While fighting, my champions were either not responding with the same speed as normal (parrying/using dexterity) and had speed issues with basic offensive fighting mechanics. The whole of the game has been running in hiccup mode since last update.
  • Diego_Doe_13Diego_Doe_13 Member Posts: 1
    Amigos Kabam;
    There's no way we can enjoy this game again. At least not if you can't solve this problems in AQ. Forget about my phone getting hot, the fact that I have to charge it because the game is killing the battery. It's all about the game problems. Parrying is not working well, the game is crashing in the middle of the battle during AQ, and then I rejoin and I see my champ with half of his health.
    We've giving a lot to this game, make it enjoyable again
  • jtodd2006jtodd2006 Member Posts: 12
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Mode: All Modes
    Description of the Issue: Overheating, battery drain, app crashing, random phone restarts, lag, and control issues.

Since the last update my phone is getting very hot after only a few minutes of gameplay, and the battery is draining much faster than normal. The app will crash at random times, and also causes my phone to restart on its own, usually during, or just after a fight. The game will periodically lag during fights, and occasionally the controls do not respond correctly. When I swipe right in an attempt to dash forward for an attack, my champion will dash backwards instead. All of the above issues began after the latest update, with the exception of the control issue, which I noticed on the previous version as well.
  • WrdWrd Member Posts: 11
    Device and Model: iPhone 7plus
    Cellular or WiFi: happens on both data and WiFi. Have Verizon provider
    Game Mode: Happens and every mode after extended time playing/fighting
    Description of the Issue: Phone overheats and resets sometimes a quick reset others a full reboot. Has been affecting overall phone performance because it overheats so badly. Happens with all champions in all game modes after extended playing time
  • ahbaoahbao Member Posts: 1
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Description of the Issue: Overheating, battery drain, app crashing, random phone restarts, lag, and control issues.

18.1 works fine on my iphone. After the 19.0 update, 2-3 minutes into the gameplay the overheating and game crashes started to happen. Even if the game does not crash, the gameplay will be laggy and not responsive.
  • dinz80dinz80 Member Posts: 12
    Cellular or WiFi: mostly use in WiFI
    Game Version Installed: 19.0
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Generally across.
    Description : Lag across happening a lot more over last few days but somewhat happening since 19.0. Battery draining. I was not see overheating of phone till this morning. About an hour ago. 7am PST. Def stopped playing the game since that.
  • Nirant14Nirant14 Member Posts: 13
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Cellular or WiFi: Cellular
    Game Version Installed: Version 19.0.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests, Arena
    Description of the Issue: Overheating, battery drain, phone shut down, game lag
  • ShnapperShnapper Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2018
    My 7+ is still experiencing problems at RANDOM.. Sometimes I can play arena for hours and my phone only gets a little warm. If I alliance search and duel a particular 6 star I’ve been picking on my phone gets super hot and locks. I put it in the refrigerator a few minutes, log back in and played more arena and it wasn’t too bad. Then I went to story quest Act 4, 4, 3 and boom phone got super hot again for lord knows what reason? It’s very odd and the issue occurs randomly as if there are bugs galore in the game. Nothing else on my phone causes problems. How long until this is fixed???? Right now my phone is cool again so I guess I will try arena until this game freaks out again...
  • FedeOniFedeOni Member Posts: 1
    Device and Model: iPhone 6

18.1 works fine on my iphone. After the 19.0 update, 2-3 minutes into the gameplay the overheating and game crashes started to happen. Even if the game does not crash, the gameplay will be laggy and not responsive.
  • BowlSheetBowlSheet Member Posts: 115
    BowlSheet wrote: »
    Device and Model: iPhone X and iPad Air 2
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi.
    Game Mode: Event Quests -> Maps 5 and 6 --- Also Crystal tab
    Description of the Issue:
    This is an update to persistent issue. Basically, the more information a page has to load, the greater the lag. This is most prevalent on the Crystals tab and on Event/Battle maps with a lot of paths to choose from. There are many pages where lag is non-existent, like Map 1 and 2 on event quests, since the content is so simple.

The current difficulties seem to be device specific (or it coincidentally cleared up upon device switch). Using the same wifi signal, I was connected via iPad and experienced significant lag (At about 6:15PM EST). I switched to iPhone and lag was non-existent (about 10 seconds occurred between transition). Same WiFi, different device. However, a couple of minutes later, I switched back to the iPad and the lag was not present.

I suppose it's possible it's a network error on my end; however, I don't have any issues with any of my other graphic/content intensive games (or any issues at all, except with MCOC).

I'd love to give cellular details, but when I'm away from home, I'm usually not paying attention while playing. Usually on auto play or playing by sound and not really watching. Since I'm not giving full attention, I can't remember if I experience lag on cellular. I will try to be more mindful.

Anyway, that's my two cent update on an issue that is a month or two old.
  • AdvAdv Member Posts: 196
    Device and model : iPhone 6plus
    Device operating system : iOS 10.3.3
    Cellular or wifi : both, cellular carrier jio4G
    Game version installed : latest 19.0.0
    Game mode : story,event quest,arenas,AQ and AW
    Description of the issue : overheating, lag and system crash. The issue is more severe in AQ and AW. Overheating is consistent across all game modes.
  • Cozmoe76Cozmoe76 Member Posts: 7

If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? AT&T
    Game Version Installed: version 19.0.9
    Game Mode: all modes - Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The game slows down,stops, turns off,restarts. My phone has turned off with 99% battery and rebooted. The phone overheats. This has beenwith all champs and all modes. I believe this has been an issue for more than the last couple of updates.
  • Kull_62Kull_62 Member Posts: 3
    If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier? AT&T
    Game Version Installed: version 19.0.0
    Game Mode: all modes - Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: The game shuts down,stops, turns off,restarts. Has cost me health and deaths and unnecessary item use. I want items refunded!
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Member Posts: 276
    ALL members

Battery Drain, (overheats and shutdown device) problem is still ongoing

Reminder - If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good .

Possible damage to battery performance, internal damage to overheating

Impacts Android and IOS devices, (appears over time this has now affects Android)

under investigation , test being carried out on beta sever.

I don't believe any changes have been made to live sever to resolve the impact of patch 19.0.. i could be wrong and missed this information

For each devices has different tolerance for each player

It seems to be getting worse the more you play

reduce your game time , reduces the risk of damage to your device

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
  • Grandpajb50Grandpajb50 Member Posts: 13
    Symptoms I’ve seen imply it is more likely due to a memory management problem not with overheating.
  • ColleenColleen Member Posts: 175
    edited July 2018
    Device: iPhone se
    Operating system: IOS 11.1.4
    Use cellular and WiFi
    Affecting mainly arena
    Issue: the whole game in general is screwing with my phone. I’ll try and go to another app and my screen freezes, I’ll listen to music on my phone why grinding in arena and the music stops and when I swipe up to control center phone freezes and 85% turns black and resets itself. Has reset itself 4 times in the last 2 days while I was grinding in arena. Unresponsive screen tapping won’t work, home button doesn’t work, power button doesn’t work, and sometimes when getting off of mcoc to another app (LINE most of the time) that app also freezes and no suprise but once again my phone will reset. Only happens when going from mcoc to another app doesn’t happen when going from any app to another app. Once again only happens when going from MCOC to another app GET THE HINT
  • Iron_SkywalkerIron_Skywalker Member Posts: 130
    Device: IPhone 5S
    Operating System: IOS 11.3 Cellular/WiFi: Both
    Game version: 17.2.0
    Game Mode: Event Quests and Alliance War, and Arena.
    Description: lagged fighting and overheating after relatively short periods. Game slows down, and my Champions stop blocking.
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Member Posts: 170
    I’m trying to complete arena for Archangel but my phone (iPhone 7 Plus, Verizon, using WiFi or cellular, iOS 11.4.1, game version 19.0) constantly heats up & power cycles. What am I supposed to do about the arena Kabam???
  • jtodd2006jtodd2006 Member Posts: 12
    jtodd2006 wrote: »

Since the last update my phone is getting very hot after only a few minutes of gameplay, and the battery is draining much faster than normal. The app will crash at random times, and also causes my phone to restart on its own, usually during, or just after a fight. The game will periodically lag during fights, and occasionally the controls do not respond correctly. When I swipe right in an attempt to dash forward for an attack, my champion will dash backwards instead. All of the above issues began after the latest update, with the exception of the control issue, which I noticed on the previous version as well.

As an additional note, I should also add that I also play on Wi-Fi only, with my old iPhone 6S. Both iOS and game software is the same version as with my iPhone 7. I experience all of the same issues as with the iPhone 7. The phone is inside and OtterBox defender case, and it will get so hot, that with the case on, that it is too hot to hold.
  • ralliesrallies Member Posts: 6
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 plus
This discussion has been closed.