**RESOLVED ISSUE WITH SIDE QUEST KEYS**
The game team has resolved this issue. Keys will be distributed via in-game messages and the quest timer will be extended.
More information and timeline here.
*This includes currently unclaimable keys as well*
**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

$600 5* vision Thoughts? [Merged Threads]

1457910

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,119 ★★★★★
    MoiraD wrote: »
    No one is hurting anyone. People spend of their own volition. You may think it's worth it, you may think it's a rip-off. Whatever you feel is your right to feel it. However, the Offer is outlined in detail, so it's up to people to decide for themselves if they think it's worth buying or not. That's not a rip-off. That's making one's own decisions.

    We were wondering when you would chime in and defend this absurd deal.

    There's nothing to defend. I'm not interested. That doesn't mean I'm judging others who are. It's a Limited Edition Champ. Many Limited Edition things sell high. For that matter, if you happen to have over 10,000 Units, you might only end up spending for the Odin. Defending, no. I just don't see the need in complaining about something I don't want. Unless I'm bitter about wanting it and can't afford it, but that's on me. If people have the money and want to pay it, more power to them. Without people spending money, we wouldn't have anything to come and complain about.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,119 ★★★★★
    MoiraD wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    No one is hurting anyone. People spend of their own volition. You may think it's worth it, you may think it's a rip-off. Whatever you feel is your right to feel it. However, the Offer is outlined in detail, so it's up to people to decide for themselves if they think it's worth buying or not. That's not a rip-off. That's making one's own decisions.

    We were wondering when you would chime in and defend this absurd deal.

    There's nothing to defend. I'm not interested. That doesn't mean I'm judging others who are. It's a Limited Edition Champ. Many Limited Edition things sell high. For that matter, if you happen to have over 10,000 Units, you might only end up spending for the Odin. Defending, no. I just don't see the need in complaining about something I don't want. Unless I'm bitter about wanting it and can't afford it, but that's on me. If people have the money and want to pay it, more power to them. Without people spending money, we wouldn't have anything to come and complain about.

    You can take your self righteousness arrogant attitude and exit to the right. We are discussing how this deal is so out of touch with the game and the community. Also pointing out how the customer service is atrocious. People are complaining because they are being treated poorly but a company they give money too. That is literally what Yelp does.

    The fact to buy the 5 star you HAVE TO SPEND $100, even if you already own the 4 star is the biggest slap in the face.

    You're complaining about the price they place on their own content and how people are willing to spend their own money, and you're calling ME self-righteous. Yeah, you have yourself a nice evening.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,859 ★★★★
    MoiraD wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    No one is hurting anyone. People spend of their own volition. You may think it's worth it, you may think it's a rip-off. Whatever you feel is your right to feel it. However, the Offer is outlined in detail, so it's up to people to decide for themselves if they think it's worth buying or not. That's not a rip-off. That's making one's own decisions.

    We were wondering when you would chime in and defend this absurd deal.

    There's nothing to defend. I'm not interested. That doesn't mean I'm judging others who are. It's a Limited Edition Champ. Many Limited Edition things sell high. For that matter, if you happen to have over 10,000 Units, you might only end up spending for the Odin. Defending, no. I just don't see the need in complaining about something I don't want. Unless I'm bitter about wanting it and can't afford it, but that's on me. If people have the money and want to pay it, more power to them. Without people spending money, we wouldn't have anything to come and complain about.

    You can take your self righteousness arrogant attitude and exit to the right. We are discussing how this deal is so out of touch with the game and the community. Also pointing out how the customer service is atrocious. People are complaining because they are being treated poorly but a company they give money too. That is literally what Yelp does.

    The fact to buy the 5 star you HAVE TO SPEND $100, even if you already own the 4 star is the biggest slap in the face.

    You're complaining about the price they place on their own content and how people are willing to spend their own money, and you're calling ME self-righteous. Yeah, you have yourself a nice evening.

    Well played :)
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,588 ★★★★★
    Havent read the whole thread but it concerns me greatly that certain champs might be released in the future with a heavy price tag that the few will purchase and break the game.

  • HailTheGreat1HailTheGreat1 Posts: 40
    I like how Kabam overpriced 5* Vision alienating numerous spenders.

    I like how Kabam gated this with a pay for 4* Vision alienating spenders who already payed for him.

    I like how Kabam felt their offer was so close to being a giveaway that they decided to take away the gifting badge. I havent spent money on this game for about a year and Kabam helps me feel good about it, thanks Kabam!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,119 ★★★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Havent read the whole thread but it concerns me greatly that certain champs might be released in the future with a heavy price tag that the few will purchase and break the game.

    Historically, that wouldn't likely be the case. There are 2 Exclusive Champs, OG Vision and OG DP. While they may be useful, they wouldn't be considered game-breaking. They're Limited Edition, and have been that way. It's not necessarily an Offer directed at all Players, and I can't see them releasing Champs for money, or otherwise, that would break the balance of the game itself.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    No awakening gem?
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Havent read the whole thread but it concerns me greatly that certain champs might be released in the future with a heavy price tag that the few will purchase and break the game.

    Historically, that wouldn't likely be the case. There are 2 Exclusive Champs, OG Vision and OG DP. While they may be useful, they wouldn't be considered game-breaking. They're Limited Edition, and have been that way. It's not necessarily an Offer directed at all Players, and I can't see them releasing Champs for money, or otherwise, that would break the balance of the game itself.

    You can’t see them releasing champs for money? It’s literally what they are doing right now. And as you mention yourself, what they also do with other champs, namly OG Deadpool.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What I don't understand, however, is why players who have already purchased the 4-star version, don't automatically have the offer unlocked.

    It doesn't make any sense to me.

    The logic of it is probably that they are willing to offer 5* Vision *mostly* for units, but not entirely.

    There are other options... they could force you to still buy an Odin to unlock the deal and get their cash, but then only charge 12K units instead of 15K.

    Granted, that sidesteps my original point, but still gives a little bonus to those of us who've already taken the plunge.

    EDIT: Another thing to consider... my OG Vision is already Level 75 and I don't want him any higher than that because it becomes too easy to get pushed to your L3, and Visions L3 sucks compared to his L2... so, even if I had the funds and resources to get the deal, it would work to my disadvantage.

    Same here, as far as not leveling up past 75. There's something broken about that SP3. I don't think it's ever worked correctly.

    Actually the S3 does more damage since the last update

    Not according to either of my Visions... here’s my OG.

    tzntfk81mo1f.png


    The power burn didn’t seem to work before but recently it seems to work (better?)
  • Titan_A97Titan_A97 Posts: 179
    I know that not every offer is geared for everybody but this offer is just a little bit too steep to say the least.

    One of the main issues I personally have with Kabam is their pricing system whenever an offer comes out. Most experienced gamers, whether mobile, console or PC, have heard of the terms pay-to-play, pay-to-win, free-to-play etc. Those are pretty standard things in the gaming industry. Then Kabam comes along and introduces pay-to-pay or 'tiered deals' as some call it. So in order to give Kabam money, I must first give them ... more money? I think it's a somewhat restrictive model as it could turns away potential customers who would've bought the individual deals that appeal to them the most. With this model, I must first purchase the other stuff that I do not need or want in order to purchase what I really want, which is in this case a 5* Vision. Some may like this model (and I have absolutely no problem if you do) but I personally don't. A

    TL;DR - In order to give Kabam money you must first give them even more money.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,119 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Havent read the whole thread but it concerns me greatly that certain champs might be released in the future with a heavy price tag that the few will purchase and break the game.

    Historically, that wouldn't likely be the case. There are 2 Exclusive Champs, OG Vision and OG DP. While they may be useful, they wouldn't be considered game-breaking. They're Limited Edition, and have been that way. It's not necessarily an Offer directed at all Players, and I can't see them releasing Champs for money, or otherwise, that would break the balance of the game itself.

    You can’t see them releasing champs for money? It’s literally what they are doing right now. And as you mention yourself, what they also do with other champs, namly OG Deadpool.

    That's not what I said. I said I can't see them releasing Champs that are game-breaking for money. OG DP an OG Vision have always been available for money or Units, from time to time. They're not game-breaking. They're Exclusive Collectibles.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What I don't understand, however, is why players who have already purchased the 4-star version, don't automatically have the offer unlocked.

    It doesn't make any sense to me.

    The logic of it is probably that they are willing to offer 5* Vision *mostly* for units, but not entirely.

    There are other options... they could force you to still buy an Odin to unlock the deal and get their cash, but then only charge 12K units instead of 15K.

    Granted, that sidesteps my original point, but still gives a little bonus to those of us who've already taken the plunge.

    EDIT: Another thing to consider... my OG Vision is already Level 75 and I don't want him any higher than that because it becomes too easy to get pushed to your L3, and Visions L3 sucks compared to his L2... so, even if I had the funds and resources to get the deal, it would work to my disadvantage.

    Same here, as far as not leveling up past 75. There's something broken about that SP3. I don't think it's ever worked correctly.

    Actually the S3 does more damage since the last update

    Not according to either of my Visions... here’s my OG.

    tzntfk81mo1f.png


    The power burn didn’t seem to work before but recently it seems to work (better?)

    His l3 has been broken for a long time, they might have fixed it right before his 5* release..
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    How people spend their money does not only affect them. Just look at the housing market or the dot-com industry, and you will see how greed and bloated pricing can bring down the entire economy. No, I am not suggesting that this is anywhere near that level. What I am saying is that if you agree to pay for outrageously expensive items to feed your greed or compulsions, it drags us all down. Your financial decisions matter, and as long as people act foolishly, companies will continue to take advantage of us.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,119 ★★★★★
    No one is taking advantage of anyone. The Champs are supposed to be pricey. They're exclusive. Not for everyone. If people have the money and want to buy them, that's their business. It's their money. If you're going to convince me that spending money on the game somehow supports ongoing issues, you would have a hard time. If people didn't spend, there wouldn't be a game. If someone wants the game to cease to run, I would likely suggest they stop playing.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    This "deal" was so ridiculous I'm not upset about it at all. It's very amusing to see what ridiculous deals Kabam will come up with next. Can I get a 1* KK offer for 25,000 units please? 🤣😂🤣
  • How people spend their money does not only affect them. Just look at the housing market or the dot-com industry, and you will see how greed and bloated pricing can bring down the entire economy. No, I am not suggesting that this is anywhere near that level. What I am saying is that if you agree to pay for outrageously expensive items to feed your greed or compulsions, it drags us all down. Your financial decisions matter, and as long as people act foolishly, companies will continue to take advantage of us.

    So if someone sees the "deal" as worth it and decides to purchase it because they have the funds and means to do so, they are dragging everyone down? I personally think the deal is absurd and would never consider buying it, but i would go so far to say that people who buy it are hurting the rest of us. People getting offended because of the deal should really consider all of the other horrible deals we get in game on a daily basis. Every time we open a 2/3/4 star and get that rank up deal. The daily deal. They're all bad. This is just another bad deal. But let's be honest, no one is being forced to buy it. Vision isn't exactly a required champ or a game changer. So no loss in passing.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Havent read the whole thread but it concerns me greatly that certain champs might be released in the future with a heavy price tag that the few will purchase and break the game.

    Historically, that wouldn't likely be the case. There are 2 Exclusive Champs, OG Vision and OG DP. While they may be useful, they wouldn't be considered game-breaking. They're Limited Edition, and have been that way. It's not necessarily an Offer directed at all Players, and I can't see them releasing Champs for money, or otherwise, that would break the balance of the game itself.

    You can’t see them releasing champs for money? It’s literally what they are doing right now. And as you mention yourself, what they also do with other champs, namly OG Deadpool.

    That's not what I said. I said I can't see them releasing Champs that are game-breaking for money. OG DP an OG Vision have always been available for money or Units, from time to time. They're not game-breaking. They're Exclusive Collectibles.

    That's not how it reads. It read as if releasing champs for money would break the game, but you can't see them releasing champs for money to begin with, so it's all good.

    The OG Deadpool is in the store for new accounts and at that point definitely a game changer. Vision wasn't always an "Exclusive Collectible" you do realize that, right? At some point Kabam decided he would be and he has been since.

    What's them to stop from doing this every few months? Maybe next time it's a 5* Thor. He's not available as a 5*, he would be a collectible. Or BW or DS or god forbit Scarlet Witch. A lot of people are asking for them to join the 5 and 6* champs, the current Vision deal is clearly generating Kabam money, so from a business standpoint, not a bad idea.

    I completely understand why this is a concern for people. Just because you can't see them doing something, doesn't mean they won't.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What I don't understand, however, is why players who have already purchased the 4-star version, don't automatically have the offer unlocked.

    It doesn't make any sense to me.

    The logic of it is probably that they are willing to offer 5* Vision *mostly* for units, but not entirely.

    There are other options... they could force you to still buy an Odin to unlock the deal and get their cash, but then only charge 12K units instead of 15K.

    Granted, that sidesteps my original point, but still gives a little bonus to those of us who've already taken the plunge.

    EDIT: Another thing to consider... my OG Vision is already Level 75 and I don't want him any higher than that because it becomes too easy to get pushed to your L3, and Visions L3 sucks compared to his L2... so, even if I had the funds and resources to get the deal, it would work to my disadvantage.

    Same here, as far as not leveling up past 75. There's something broken about that SP3. I don't think it's ever worked correctly.

    Actually the S3 does more damage since the last update

    Not according to either of my Visions... here’s my OG.

    tzntfk81mo1f.png


    The power burn didn’t seem to work before but recently it seems to work (better?)

    His l3 has been broken for a long time, they might have fixed it right before his 5* release..

    I know. It was fixed like 2 or 3 weeks ago? With the very last update. It surprised the hell out of me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,119 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Havent read the whole thread but it concerns me greatly that certain champs might be released in the future with a heavy price tag that the few will purchase and break the game.

    Historically, that wouldn't likely be the case. There are 2 Exclusive Champs, OG Vision and OG DP. While they may be useful, they wouldn't be considered game-breaking. They're Limited Edition, and have been that way. It's not necessarily an Offer directed at all Players, and I can't see them releasing Champs for money, or otherwise, that would break the balance of the game itself.

    You can’t see them releasing champs for money? It’s literally what they are doing right now. And as you mention yourself, what they also do with other champs, namly OG Deadpool.

    That's not what I said. I said I can't see them releasing Champs that are game-breaking for money. OG DP an OG Vision have always been available for money or Units, from time to time. They're not game-breaking. They're Exclusive Collectibles.

    That's not how it reads. It read as if releasing champs for money would break the game, but you can't see them releasing champs for money to begin with, so it's all good.

    The OG Deadpool is in the store for new accounts and at that point definitely a game changer. Vision wasn't always an "Exclusive Collectible" you do realize that, right? At some point Kabam decided he would be and he has been since.

    What's them to stop from doing this every few months? Maybe next time it's a 5* Thor. He's not available as a 5*, he would be a collectible. Or BW or DS or god forbit Scarlet Witch. A lot of people are asking for them to join the 5 and 6* champs, the current Vision deal is clearly generating Kabam money, so from a business standpoint, not a bad idea.

    I completely understand why this is a concern for people. Just because you can't see them doing something, doesn't mean they won't.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    ESF wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    What I don't understand, however, is why players who have already purchased the 4-star version, don't automatically have the offer unlocked.

    It doesn't make any sense to me.

    The logic of it is probably that they are willing to offer 5* Vision *mostly* for units, but not entirely.

    There are other options... they could force you to still buy an Odin to unlock the deal and get their cash, but then only charge 12K units instead of 15K.

    Granted, that sidesteps my original point, but still gives a little bonus to those of us who've already taken the plunge.

    EDIT: Another thing to consider... my OG Vision is already Level 75 and I don't want him any higher than that because it becomes too easy to get pushed to your L3, and Visions L3 sucks compared to his L2... so, even if I had the funds and resources to get the deal, it would work to my disadvantage.

    Same here, as far as not leveling up past 75. There's something broken about that SP3. I don't think it's ever worked correctly.

    Actually the S3 does more damage since the last update

    Not according to either of my Visions... here’s my OG.

    tzntfk81mo1f.png


    The power burn didn’t seem to work before but recently it seems to work (better?)

    His l3 has been broken for a long time, they might have fixed it right before his 5* release..

    I know. It was fixed like 2 or 3 weeks ago? With the very last update. It surprised the hell out of me.

    Apparently you didn't understand what I said. They've always offered these Champs for money, there's really nothing new or worrying about it. I'm not going to debate a conversation I never had.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,513 ★★★★
    1) the price is grossly expensive
    2) for that amount of money, you should be getting at the very least a duped and able to rank to at least 4 the 5* Vision, including the gold and tech IOS8.
    3) what’s the bet they issue a Thanos or Deadpool Red over the coming two months?

    That said, I bet a few thousand end up paying 15,000 units...
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 604 ★★★
    Ok, all offers don’t aim all players.

    One year ago, the top was 5* with few champions and all champions were available in 4*.
    6* appeared, there are more 5* available. So now comparing to last year :
    5* -> new 4*
    6* -> new 5*

    Last year, Vision 4* cost was 4 000 units (including 3* version). And before the cost was an odin (100 dollars, 110 euros ...).
    Now Vision 5* (equivalent to Vision 4* last year) cost 5 times more, including an odin to buy.

    Well, I don’t buy like quite all players, and it’s time to refresh your prices and cost for champions.
    It’s like Unstoppable Colossus : 800 000 in loyalty. With all 5*, who buy it now instead of waiting for the 6* ?

    Sell less expensive to sell more...
  • LawrellLawrell Posts: 3
    Had to login just to express how bad that 5* Vision offer is, christ man jesus wept smh 🤨🤔🤑
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,588 ★★★★★
    By game breaking, I mean selling champs at a price point that precludes the vast majority of people affording it.

    Whats to stop kabam releasing unavailable champs at a ridiculous price that allows the few to purchase while keeping the many from breaking content?

    The people that would purchase, would complete any piece of content anyway.
This discussion has been closed.