v18.1 Discussion Thread

1235712

Comments

  • ok, so, like always, missing the point, you dont want to give us rank down tickets that´s fine, I just want to know then how can we trust anything you tell us, this is not the first time the "working as intented" happens to be incorrect/false, it happens with scarlet witch too, now everytime you say something can we trust it is right? what are you going to do to avoid false information posted by moderators?
    BTW I lost half my health in AQ, thatnks to the lag, I was not able to conect my combo and got recked by the centinel, is this "working as intented" too? How exacly this as taken so much to be fixed? A moderator said this is a performance issue, but it took kabam 4 months to even acknowledge there was a problem in the first place, oh, also, before I finished, the missing hits are back since last month, are you aware of this?
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 436
    ok, so, like always, missing the point, you dont want to give us rank down tickets that´s fine, I just want to know then how can we trust anything you tell us, this is not the first time the "working as intented" happens to be incorrect/false, it happens with scarlet witch too, now everytime you say something can we trust it is right? what are you going to do to avoid false information posted by moderators?
    BTW I lost half my health in AQ, thatnks to the lag, I was not able to conect my combo and got recked by the centinel, is this "working as intented" too? How exacly this as taken so much to be fixed? A moderator said this is a performance issue, but it took kabam 4 months to even acknowledge there was a problem in the first place, oh, also, before I finished, the missing hits are back since last month, are you aware of this?

    Some fixes cost time and money and others make money and take no time. Which do you think get addressed first?
  • AbipeyFSUAbipeyFSU Posts: 8
    Hey Everybody,

    I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

    This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

    The issue with having a Stun that does not act like a debuff is that it was causing a lot of problems, and with more new content and modes being added, this was becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Archangel was not only able to bypass Stun Immune nodes, but his stun would bypass other Champions abilities, like Agent Venom's Tenacity or Black Panther (Civil War)'s Reflect Stun, as well as not interact with Masteries like Willpower.

    With this interaction becoming more and more prevalent in different game modes, we started seeing more of these problems come up, and this bug was one that became more of a priority.

    We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

    Because of AA being able to calm certain champs on stun immune nodes. There was no need to go for champs like 5* iceman to cover champs that AA took care of with no problem. On Jan 3rd when we were given wrong info from your moderator. Now its, oh well we were wrong, to bad for the players who trusted Kabams employees. Of course, you need to keep it the same or give out tickets and sig stones for the ones who went balls to the wall ranking AA up and not considering Kabam had no clue the info was wrong..Any reputable company has oversight over answers given
  • lagulamalagulama Posts: 33
    ARCHANGEL SPECIFIC RANK DOWN TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!
  • You know its funny that even if they say rank down tickets you're probably not going to rank down AA. And i've never heard of a champion specific rank down ticket before. They won't give out anything so just get used to the change and continue playing.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 5,078 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    You know its funny that even if they say rank down tickets you're probably not going to rank down AA. And i've never heard of a champion specific rank down ticket before. They won't give out anything so just get used to the change and continue playing.

    Mods have commented that if rank downs are needed in the furture they could be champ specific. In light of recent events that probably means that champ specific rank downs don't exist though.
  • NathanparkerNathanparker Posts: 25
    edited June 2018
    ok, so, like always, missing the point, you dont want to give us rank down tickets that´s fine, I just want to know then how can we trust anything you tell us, this is not the first time the "working as intented" happens to be incorrect/false, it happens with scarlet witch too, now everytime you say something can we trust it is right? what are you going to do to avoid false information posted by moderators?
    BTW I lost half my health in AQ, thatnks to the lag, I was not able to conect my combo and got recked by the centinel, is this "working as intented" too? How exacly this as taken so much to be fixed? A moderator said this is a performance issue, but it took kabam 4 months to even acknowledge there was a problem in the first place, oh, also, before I finished, the missing hits are back since last month, are you aware of this?

    Some fixes cost time and money and others make money and take no time. Which do you think get addressed first?

    The one that is hurting the players, that's the one that should be a priority, because 6 months are a little bit too much
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 12
    Ready for the great nurfing in 18.1? It's coming. Blade will be next.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 8,636 Guardian
    So since 100% chance to stun, is a bug as stated in his Passive ability, when can we expected IronMan IW %100 auto block to be a bug. Seeing as many just dropped a couple thousands of dollars on him. @Kabam Miike

    The 100% chance to stun is not a bug, nor did Kabam say it was a bug: you misunderstand the change. The bug that was stated was that the stun effect acted as a passive effect, and thus was unaffected by either resistances that would lower the duration of the stun or immunities which would protect against the stun effect. Nowhere in Archangel's character sheet does it state that the stun should behave in this way. The only statement we have that this was intentional was the unfortunate error made by a moderator in the forums a few months ago. This has nothing to do with any other champion with 100% chance effects.
  • Honestly, if this is the route you were going, admit a voice of your company spread misinformation, but compensate for it. This is the problem with being so closed off. Sometimes only small comments is all we have to go off of. I love playing PC games in development. They have such a high chance to crash while playing. but you know what? they give patch notes and development notes way more detailed and way more in advance of you guys.

    That being said, this may be the most competitive mobile game ive seen and i applaud it. Don't give the next top mobile game the excuse "well, we're doing better than they did."
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,480 ★★★★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

    I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

    This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

    The issue with having a Stun that does not act like a debuff is that it was causing a lot of problems, and with more new content and modes being added, this was becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Archangel was not only able to bypass Stun Immune nodes, but his stun would bypass other Champions abilities, like Agent Venom's Tenacity or Black Panther (Civil War)'s Reflect Stun, as well as not interact with Masteries like Willpower.

    With this interaction becoming more and more prevalent in different game modes, we started seeing more of these problems come up, and this bug was one that became more of a priority.

    We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

    You SHOULD give character specific rank down tickets for him since you're changing something that was used a lot. Since it was stated that it wasn't a bug, i took my 5* to r4 and pumped sig stones into him.

    I'd like the option to rank him down.

    Only it IS a bug. They don't give Tickets for bug fixes, and they don't come for all changes to Champs. Major changes would potentially qualify. We haven't seen alterations like those since 12.0.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,806 ★★★★★
    I’m curious about what Miike references as being actively looked into in this related thread.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/71990/archangel-nerf-bug-fix#latest

    Is the stun/CWBP/AA interaction still being tinkered with? Are there other AA or CWBP stun interactions that are being looked at right now? Other than scouring each thread in the forums, where can a player go to figure out whether or not his champ is on the chopping block?

    Dr. Zola
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I’m curious about what Miike references as being actively looked into in this related thread.

    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/71990/archangel-nerf-bug-fix#latest

    Is the stun/CWBP/AA interaction still being tinkered with? Are there other AA or CWBP stun interactions that are being looked at right now? Other than scouring each thread in the forums, where can a player go to figure out whether or not his champ is on the chopping block?

    Dr. Zola

    Well it clearly states that right now an expiring neuro should not trigger reflect stun.
    However currently if you hit them at the same time it will be reflected.
    Also admitting it shouldnt happen.
    But not saying if they will or wont fix it. If they wanna make sure AA stun behaves properly they need to fix this too. It should not allow reflect stun in any circumsrance.....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,480 ★★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

    I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

    This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

    The issue with having a Stun that does not act like a debuff is that it was causing a lot of problems, and with more new content and modes being added, this was becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Archangel was not only able to bypass Stun Immune nodes, but his stun would bypass other Champions abilities, like Agent Venom's Tenacity or Black Panther (Civil War)'s Reflect Stun, as well as not interact with Masteries like Willpower.

    With this interaction becoming more and more prevalent in different game modes, we started seeing more of these problems come up, and this bug was one that became more of a priority.

    We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

    You SHOULD give character specific rank down tickets for him since you're changing something that was used a lot. Since it was stated that it wasn't a bug, i took my 5* to r4 and pumped sig stones into him.

    I'd like the option to rank him down.

    Only it IS a bug. They don't give Tickets for bug fixes, and they don't come for all changes to Champs. Major changes would potentially qualify. We haven't seen alterations like those since 12.0.

    Didn't realize it was you with the pic change. Nice choice.

    Let's say this has been a bug all along. Kabam (or really rather, the player) has operated under a false comment from a moderator (who supposedly consults with other parts of the company). I think the issue is misinformation. From our side, it wasnt a bug, added to his power, then taken away. This isnt a MAJOR change, but it is (IMO) slightly higher than a minor change. but either way it is a change to his potential use.

    It's not much of a "let's say" situation. It was a bug. It's pretty clear AA is not intended to Stun through Immunity. I don't want to get too much into comments from Moderation out of respect, but I feel that the mistake has been exaggerated. People make mistakes. It's not a comment that has been repeatedly made. Someone did some digging to find it, from a while ago.
    AA's use is nowhere near exclusive to that, and we all know it. The real issue is people are upset something was commented that was mistaken. Regardless of our standards on Moderation, they are people, just like us. It's also possible the comment meant that the Parry was working as intended, but I can't speak for Wolf. For argument's sake we'll say the comment was mistaken. They are just as capable of mistakes as we are. As it so happens, it is a bug, and even if people Ranked for that reason, they still benefited from it. Now it's being fixed. No Dev would likely leave a bug active in contradiction to their intended design based on the fact that people Ranked to use it. If people Ranked AA based on that one bug alone, I would be skeptical, or suspicious of their understanding of his full use.
Sign In or Register to comment.