**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino Mercs

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    Also, you're not getting the same Rewards for War and EQ. They're scaled to the difficulty. The Champs can change, yes. The Rewards are more significant. You wouldn't be encountering a Duped 6* of that strength unless you were gaining Rewards somewhat larger than 150 Shards. Lol.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Well @GroundedWisdom tell me then.....
    What makes domino op here compared to the other bosses?????
    They all have the same buffs....
    If it is not dominos abilities beong highlighted then what exactly is it????
    I just dont get it....
    Yes domino is harder here then all other bosses....
    But that is simply because domino is a harder champ then the rest....
    Please explain to me where i am going wrong???

She's a tough Champ. Nothing wrong with a tough Champ. However, her speed in Mercs feels faster for me, can't get a hit in much at all. Her Sig combined with the Nodes and Rarity make her a much tougher Champ to deal with than is reasonable for the Shards you get for fighting her. It's too much, to be honest. Now, I'm not opposed to challenges. Had it been for more significant Rewards, it would seem worth plowing through twice a day. I'm not opposed to tough Champs when the payoff is reasonable. However, I feel that it is not scaled to reflect the challenge factor. She's noticeably harder. I have no problems with having Champs that good. However, it's important to be cognizant of how powerful they will be with Nodes and an awakened 6*. In War, you would receive Rewards scaled to that. In EQ, same thing. The Fight would feel worth it. In this case, it's for 150 5* Shards, a Frag Crystal, and some 2-4* Shards. Not scale.

But if kabam reduce the nodes just for her then that is admitting she is op compared to other champs....

If they reduce the nodes as a whole then everyone else will be to easy....
    Also domino will still be harder then the others...

We can see that from Heroic. I would say even a Max 5* with Nodes would have sufficed given the Sig.
    For the record, they've always agreed that there are a range of Champs. They just haven't come out and said outright that a Champ is more powerful than others.

But now you are talking about a lower difficulty where things will always be easy....
    This thread is talking about the difference in difficulty contained within one difficulty....
    Also, you're not getting the same Rewards for War and EQ. They're scaled to the difficulty. The Champs can change, yes. The Rewards are more significant. You wouldn't be encountering a Duped 6* of that strength unless you were gaining Rewards somewhat larger than 150 Shards. Lol.

I dunno about you but in my war tier sometimes i fight against bgs of only 4* 5/50..... my last war i had to fight against heaps of 4/55... even had a 5/65 boss.... same tier... same rewards... one war was much harder.... actually we lost the first one... so were a tier lower for the second one and got less rewards for fighting harder champs....
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    All champs have their uses, there are no god tier champs and not all content is suitable for all people.

GW, everytime.

I'm not one for the whole "git gud" thing, especially from those rocking 5/65 and multiple R4 but I'm also big on knowing when the content is beyond my capability to earn the rewards at a cost that I find reasonable.

Do I want the rewards changed to reflect the difficulty based on one champ, no, its 150 shards for a few minutes work.

Do I want Domino scaled back somehow for one piece of content. no, because I am against nerfs to all characters

There is a lot of irony to be had in this thread, I don't plan to get personal so I'll just say that perhaps the difficulty or feelings of being treated harshly by the content or changes to it you are facing might provide some perspective on the difficulty others have faced in various facets of the game that are routinely dismissed by you and that since all opinions are valid perhaps you can learn from the opinions posted in response to your query.

i wish you good luck with Domino, or not bad luck, whatever the broken champ mechanics offer you at the time.
    I just dont get it....

She's a tough Champ. Nothing wrong with a tough Champ. However, her speed in Mercs feels faster for me, can't get a hit in much at all. Her Sig combined with the Nodes and Rarity make her a much tougher Champ to deal with than is reasonable for the Shards you get for fighting her. It's too much, to be honest. Now, I'm not opposed to challenges. Had it been for more significant Rewards, it would seem worth plowing through twice a day. I'm not opposed to tough Champs when the payoff is reasonable. However, I feel that it is not scaled to reflect the challenge factor. She's noticeably harder. I have no problems with having Champs that good. However, it's important to be cognizant of how powerful they will be with Nodes and an awakened 6*. In War, you would receive Rewards scaled to that. In EQ, same thing. The Fight would feel worth it. In this case, it's for 150 5* Shards, a Frag Crystal, and some 2-4* Shards. Not scale.

But if kabam reduce the nodes just for her then that is admitting she is op compared to other champs....

We can see that from Heroic. I would say even a Max 5* with Nodes would have sufficed given the Sig.
    For the record, they've always agreed that there are a range of Champs. They just haven't come out and said outright that a Champ is more powerful than others.

But now you are talking about a lower difficulty where things will always be easy....
    This thread is talking about the difference in difficulty contained within one difficulty....

Correct. If one Champ is abundantly more difficult, then that should be factored in when creating it. I'm not opposed to stronger Champs. The Rewards need to feel worth the challenge.
    phillgreen wrote: »
    All champs have their uses, there are no god tier champs and not all content is suitable for all people.

GW, everytime.

I'm not one for the whole "git gud" thing, especially from those rocking 5/65 and multiple R4 but I'm also big on knowing when the content is beyond my capability to earn the rewards at a cost that I find reasonable.

Do I want the rewards changed to reflect the difficulty based on one champ, no.
    Do I want Domino scaled back somehow for one piece of content. no.

There is a lot of irony to be had in this thread, I don't plan to get personal so I'll just say that perhaps the difficulty or feelings of being treated harshly by the content or changes to it you are facing might provide some perspective on the difficulty others have faced in various facets of the game that are routinely dismissed by you and that since all opinions are valid perhaps you can learn from the opinions posted in response to your query.

i wish you good luck with Domino, or not bad luck, whatever the broken champ mechanics offer you at the time.

I've never said two of those things. Lol.
    I just dont get it....

Correct. If one Champ is abundantly more difficult, then that should be factored in when creating it. I'm not opposed to stronger Champs. The Rewards need to feel worth the challenge.

If one champ is seriously more powerful it should be considered before release.
    Before breaking the game balance.
    Things only need to be adjusted when something breaks the balance.
    If champs are stronger/weaker and have dofferent abilities but all balanced things never need to be tweaked.
    What you are saying here proves domino is unbalanced
    I just dont get it....

If champs are stronger/weaker and have dofferent abilities but all balanced things never need to be tweaked.

Not really. My issue isn't with Champs that are stronger. It's with the degree of difficulty in relation to the Rewards. This isn't about Domino being too powerful for the game. It's about the amount of challenge in relation to the Rewards. It's not scale.
    No one ever said all Champs would have equal potency.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    So are you asking for a rewards buff? Or a difficulty nerf? Sort of inconsistent.....
    I am not asking for anything. I'm asking if people feel the same. Quite simple really. A Post doesn't have to serve as a petition. She's significantly more challenging in comparison, and it doesn't feel cohesive with the Rewards to me. I'm asking if people had the same experience. There's really nothing that could be done at this point. The Event will be over soon. That doesn't mean it's moot for discussion.
    I just dont get it....

Not really. My issue isn't with Champs that are stronger. It's with the degree of difficulty in relation to the Rewards. This isn't about Domino being too powerful for the game. It's about the amount of challenge in relation to the Rewards. It's not scale.
    No one ever said all Champs would have equal potency.

So then your problem is merc missions dont give enough rewards.
    Not anything domino specific
    I'm pretty sure I've been explicit about my issue by now.

Can you answer above cus i am a little confused.....

Your problem is merc missions dont give enough rewards???
    Well I think most people, save just a few, thought that domino is fine just the way she is. And since over 150 people commented on this, I think it’s safe to say that’s how the general community feels. Does this answer what you were asking/discussing in the OP?
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    bait heavy , hit her 5 time , bait heavy , hit her 5 time , bait heavy m hit her 5 time , bait sp2 , hit her 5 time , bait heavy , hit her 5 time ....

It's not confusing at all. Her Sig, Rarity, and Nodes make her significantly more challenging than the other Bosses. This is not in scale with the Rewards. It's really not that difficult to understand what I'm saying.
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Well I think most people, save just a few, thought that domino is fine just the way she is. And since over 150 people commented on this, I think it’s safe to say that’s how the general community feels. Does this answer what you were asking/discussing in the OP?

I'd recount that number of people.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    I've gotten 2-3 4* champions from the X-Force crystals, so I run all of the special event quests at all difficulties if I'm awake when they activate. Auto-fight all difficulties except for master. I don't think Domino's that hard, a handful of 4/40 champs like Vision or Rogue would solo her at all difficulties with moderate skill. Exploring Act 5.1 with all 4/40s or Act 5.2 with 4/40s and 2-3 5/50s or Act 5.3 with all 4*s was much more of a challenge.

It's not confusing at all. Her Sig, Rarity, and Nodes make her significantly more challenging than the other Bosses. This is not in scale with the Rewards. It's really not that difficult to understand what I'm saying.

So is the problem the rewards are too low????
    Or is the problem domino is too powerful????

Cus the other bosses have he same buffs and give the same rewards yet it sounds like you are ok with that...

If your problem is domino is too powerful for the rewards butnthe others are ok then really the problem is domino is too powerful when compared to other champs.
    Which means all other champs need to be stronger....
    Or domino needs to be weaker....

Or you just deal with it...

Sorry for being logical here
    Mitchell35 wrote: »

I'd recount that number of people.

Sorry just counted the comments
    Has your question been answered? I think that there’s a general consensus

Cus the other bosses have he same buffs and give the same rewards yet it sounds like you are ok with that...

If your problem is domino is too powerful for the rewards butnthe others are ok then really the problem is domino is too powerful when compared to other champs.

I think you may be overthinking it. She's strong, yes. Nothing wrong with that. However, when you have a Champ that is new and uniquely strong, I think that needs to be taken into account when adjusting the Events. She's stronger than the other Bosses. You should be able to recognize that. If that's the case, either the Champ/Nodes have to be adjusted to scale, or the Rewards should equal the challenge. Something feels extra.
    In any case, all I asked is if people shared the same experience. It's not a petition. If they gain anything from the feedback, great. If not, it's fine. I'm asking how people feel about the difficulty of fighting her in comparison to the other Bosses in the Event, and if they share the same feelings of not being worth the Rewards. That's about it. I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole here.

I think you may be overthinking it. She's strong, yes. Nothing wrong with that. However, when you have a Champ that is new and uniquely strong, I think that needs to be taken into account when adjusting the Events. She's stronger than the other Bosses. You should be able to recognize that. If that's the case, either the Champ/Nodes have to be adjusted to scale, or the Rewards should equal the challenge. Something feels extra.
    In any case, all I asked is if people shared the same experience. It's not a petition. If they gain anything from the feedback, great. If not, it's fine. I'm asking how people feel about the difficulty of fighting her in comparison to the other Bosses in the Event, and if they share the same feelings of not being worth the Rewards. That's about it. I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole here.

And as i said i feel she is stronger. But it is nothing to do with this event or anything other than the fact domino is a very poorly designed overpowered champ.

And as i said i feel she is stronger. But it is nothing to do with this event or anything other than the fact domino is a very poorly designed overpowered champ.

I don't think she's bad in general. I think her potency wasn't scaled to the Event.
    edited June 2018

I don't think she's bad in general. I think her potency wasn't scaled to the Event.

But that is exactly where you see it differently.
    I see it as she is scaled exactly the same as all other champs.
    I see it as the fact her baseline level is much higher....
    I see it as she would need a different level of scaling to have the same difficulty as the other champs which leads me to the conclusion that she is more powerful then the other champs.
    And to the statement that if a champ is so much more poweful that they would require their own custom scaling metric to be balanced for a game mode then that champ really just needs to be revisited and balanced as a whole

Or the extra difficulty she brings is just part and parcel amd we deal with it and move on

But that is exactly where you see it differently.
    I see it as she is scaled exactly the same as all other champs.
    I see it as the fact her baseline level is much higher....
    I see it as she would need a different level of scaling to have the same difficulty as the other champs which leads me to the conclusion that she is more powerful then the other champs.
    And to the statement that if a champ is so much more poweful that they would require their own custom scaling metric to be balanced for a game mode then that champ really just needs to be revisited and balanced as a whole

Or the extra difficulty she brings is just part and parcel amd we deal with it and move on

That's not really accurate because there already exists a range of Champs with a range of strengths. I understand you feel she's overpowered, but I don't agree that she needs to be overhauled. Not all Champs are the same. They're not equally interchangeable in challenges like this. Champs aren't all the same. It's not as if they should all be equally strong in all areas. It's just that this one is pretty significant.
    I'm all for having stronger Champs if the difficulty is scaled to the Quest, and the Quest is scaled to the Rewards. I get that you feel she's broken, but my issue is not with her specifically. I think there's a place for strong Champs, but it needs to be reasonably scaled in content.
This discussion has been closed.