**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Domino Mercs

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've been explicit about my issue by now.

Can you answer above cus i am a little confused.....

Your problem is merc missions dont give enough rewards???

It's not confusing at all. Her Sig, Rarity, and Nodes make her significantly more challenging than the other Bosses. This is not in scale with the Rewards. It's really not that difficult to understand what I'm saying.

So is the problem the rewards are too low????
    Or is the problem domino is too powerful????

Cus the other bosses have he same buffs and give the same rewards yet it sounds like you are ok with that...

If your problem is domino is too powerful for the rewards butnthe others are ok then really the problem is domino is too powerful when compared to other champs.
    Which means all other champs need to be stronger....
    Or domino needs to be weaker....

Or you just deal with it...

Sorry for being logical here

I think you may be overthinking it. She's strong, yes. Nothing wrong with that. However, when you have a Champ that is new and uniquely strong, I think that needs to be taken into account when adjusting the Events. She's stronger than the other Bosses. You should be able to recognize that. If that's the case, either the Champ/Nodes have to be adjusted to scale, or the Rewards should equal the challenge. Something feels extra.
    In any case, all I asked is if people shared the same experience. It's not a petition. If they gain anything from the feedback, great. If not, it's fine. I'm asking how people feel about the difficulty of fighting her in comparison to the other Bosses in the Event, and if they share the same feelings of not being worth the Rewards. That's about it. I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole here.

And as i said i feel she is stronger. But it is nothing to do with this event or anything other than the fact domino is a very poorly designed overpowered champ.

I don't think she's bad in general. I think her potency wasn't scaled to the Event.

But that is exactly where you see it differently.
    I see it as she is scaled exactly the same as all other champs.
    I see it as the fact her baseline level is much higher....
    I see it as she would need a different level of scaling to have the same difficulty as the other champs which leads me to the conclusion that she is more powerful then the other champs.
    And to the statement that if a champ is so much more poweful that they would require their own custom scaling metric to be balanced for a game mode then that champ really just needs to be revisited and balanced as a whole

Or the extra difficulty she brings is just part and parcel amd we deal with it and move on

That's not really accurate because there already exists a range of Champs with a range of strengths. I understand you feel she's overpowered, but I don't agree that she needs to be overhauled. Not all Champs are the same. They're not equally interchangeable in challenges like this. Champs aren't all the same. It's not as if they should all be equally strong in all areas. It's just that this one is pretty significant.
    I'm all for having stronger Champs if the difficulty is scaled to the Quest, and the Quest is scaled to the Rewards. I get that you feel she's broken, but my issue is not with her specifically. I think there's a place for strong Champs, but it needs to be reasonably scaled in content.

But it is accurate because if you put any champ in place of domino there would be no problem. Domino is the only champ that is causing an issue here. So that makes here clearly harder to fight than anyone else.
    And not by a little bit otherwise this discussion would not be happening.
    So obviously she is alot harder than any other champ in the game.
    When one (or very small number of) champ(s) stands out above all others as being more powerful/ harder to fight, then they are by definition unblalanced
    Game balance involves champs having strengths and weaknesses different to others and some being stronger and some being easier than others but all will fall within a range of each other.... when you have a champ like domino that sits above the rest (imo) and atleast in this mode for you it begs the question. Are they really balanced???
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure I've been explicit about my issue by now.

Can you answer above cus i am a little confused.....

Your problem is merc missions dont give enough rewards???

It's not confusing at all. Her Sig, Rarity, and Nodes make her significantly more challenging than the other Bosses. This is not in scale with the Rewards. It's really not that difficult to understand what I'm saying.

So is the problem the rewards are too low????
    Or is the problem domino is too powerful????

Cus the other bosses have he same buffs and give the same rewards yet it sounds like you are ok with that...

If your problem is domino is too powerful for the rewards butnthe others are ok then really the problem is domino is too powerful when compared to other champs.
    Which means all other champs need to be stronger....
    Or domino needs to be weaker....

Or you just deal with it...

Sorry for being logical here

I think you may be overthinking it. She's strong, yes. Nothing wrong with that. However, when you have a Champ that is new and uniquely strong, I think that needs to be taken into account when adjusting the Events. She's stronger than the other Bosses. You should be able to recognize that. If that's the case, either the Champ/Nodes have to be adjusted to scale, or the Rewards should equal the challenge. Something feels extra.
    In any case, all I asked is if people shared the same experience. It's not a petition. If they gain anything from the feedback, great. If not, it's fine. I'm asking how people feel about the difficulty of fighting her in comparison to the other Bosses in the Event, and if they share the same feelings of not being worth the Rewards. That's about it. I feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole here.

And as i said i feel she is stronger. But it is nothing to do with this event or anything other than the fact domino is a very poorly designed overpowered champ.

I don't think she's bad in general. I think her potency wasn't scaled to the Event.

But that is exactly where you see it differently.
    I see it as she is scaled exactly the same as all other champs.
    I see it as the fact her baseline level is much higher....
    I see it as she would need a different level of scaling to have the same difficulty as the other champs which leads me to the conclusion that she is more powerful then the other champs.
    And to the statement that if a champ is so much more poweful that they would require their own custom scaling metric to be balanced for a game mode then that champ really just needs to be revisited and balanced as a whole

Or the extra difficulty she brings is just part and parcel amd we deal with it and move on

That's not really accurate because there already exists a range of Champs with a range of strengths. I understand you feel she's overpowered, but I don't agree that she needs to be overhauled. Not all Champs are the same. They're not equally interchangeable in challenges like this. Champs aren't all the same. It's not as if they should all be equally strong in all areas. It's just that this one is pretty significant.
    I'm all for having stronger Champs if the difficulty is scaled to the Quest, and the Quest is scaled to the Rewards. I get that you feel she's broken, but my issue is not with her specifically. I think there's a place for strong Champs, but it needs to be reasonably scaled in content.

But it is accurate because if you put any champ in place of domino there would be no problem. Domino is the only champ that is causing an issue here. So that makes here clearly harder to fight than anyone else.
    And not by a little bit otherwise this discussion would not be happening.
    So obviously she is alot harder than any other champ in the game.
    When one (or very small number of) champ(s) stands out above all others as being more powerful/ harder to fight, then they are by definition unblalanced

That concept is somewhat subjective because we feel that way when any new challenge is introduced. Specifically, this one interacts with so much of the Abilities we have in our Roster that it leaves little room.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I agree. I have the same issue, I'll run through the whole quest with only taking a couple hits total and then get to her and lose 3 champs if I'm lucky. One time in the beginning i lost 9 champs on just her. I one shot every other boss with no issues.

I don't have a 4* vision either, just a 3*.

Now i use ultron and can get her in one shot sometimes. But more often it's a 3-4 champ go.

It's not worth the rewards at all if she is there as a boss in master. Depending on my mood for BS I'll see her as a boss in master and just back out and forego the whole assignment. The assignment quest in general isn't worth the time and energy cost for the rearward, but when she's the boss it makes it even less worth the trouble.
    Sometimes i can get her one shot. Sometimes not

I have had great success with
    6* juggs
    5* medusa
    But mostly
    4* GR (with blade synergy)
    Also, i think the OP is referring to the domino boss in master assasin assignments.

The domino boss in master merc missions is way easier and not even a problem.
    Yes, I meant Assignments.
    Been calling them Merc Missions. Lol. Those aren't much at all. 2 Fights.
    i really think the problem lies within domino and inwill tell you why.
    You put domino in any given situation and she will always be harder than any other champ in the same situation.
    A 5/65 sig 200 domino will always be harder than anyone else in the same situation.

(With the exception of specificly designed nodes)
    Iwim on node 38 maybe.

Certainly off hand i cannot think of any and even if i am not strictly 100% correct itnwould be very very few situations and cery very few champs where someone else will come out on top.
    Replace any champ in LOL with domino.... what is going to happen???
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Perhaps you were simply bringing the wrong champions. I still believe that Domino's sig isn't working properly, but I've managed to clear her every time by bringing the appropriate champs
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    I’m surprised the mods haven’t closed this. Threads have been closed for much less.
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    I bet they are enjoying the read 😂
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom if you would use your 5* r4 and r5 champs against her, it wouldn’t be a problem. You haven’t answered if you have beaten the collector yet.

To paraphrase something I’m sure I have seen you write before when someone was frustrated in here, “not all content is made to be done by everyone.” You should focus on beating collector if you haven’t done it yet.

And domino is a bs champ. It’s not that she is too op for the rewards bc of the nodes. It’s bc she’s too op. Black widow was nerfed bc she could bypass the a lot of the bs in this game—despite your repeated parroting if the company line that she was too op and had to be nerfed for the gold of the game.

Domino is like a combo of black widow and electro at this point. The fact that a champ can break through your block or cause energy damage when you evade (or even totally stop your evade) is just stupid.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Fantastic thread ; good for many laughs.

She’s not easy and sometimes I have trouble with her too. Maybe try using a boost or two if you’re having trouble and really want to bring her down.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Zuko_ILC wrote: »
    Why is it everytime someone comments on the degree of challenge, people jump in with the same response about getting better? That's not really adding anything constructive.

Because thats most likely the answer. If content is too hard for you but most feel like its doable then tge answer is that your skills need to improve to beat the harder content. It's nothing against anyone just a hard truth.

I'm sorry but I'm calling BS. People argue skill whenever someone has an issue with a challenge. That's not always the answer. Just people reducing what someone is saying.
    I will admit I have views that seem contrary, but I don't argue for the sake of it. I just don't always agree. I also explain why I don't agree, and not once have I told someone to "Git Gud". That's just belittling and ignorant.

How is that bs? I'm having no issue beating her on expert even with 4*s. You may not agree but that doesn't make it any less true. You can use techs to beat her and make her easier. If you can't then its either your skill or the champs you have. Either way some content isn't made for every player level. Maybe expert is too hard for you so the next lower tier is the content you should be playing.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    I don’t want to sound negative but there are thousands of players that don’t have any trouble with the missions. I recommend practicing more and build up your account. Above all else..... don’t get hit ;)
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    I will start by saying I kill her everytime she shows up in Merc missions so I'm not here to scream nerf her. That being said I 100% agree with you. I can easily solo any of the other bosses with a 5/50 champ this is the only one where I constantly have to use 2 or 3 Champs to bring her down. To anyone who just says bring vision, that is not possible for everyone. We don't all have vision. They should just lower her sig level for this mission and it would make her comparable to the difficulty of the other boss possibilities.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Domino is more difficult than the other bosses but not too ridiculous. Where I hate to see her is in the pop-up Merc Missions. She's a beast there and typically takes 3-4 of my champs before I KO her.

My main gripe with the regular missions is 150 shards for 13-15 fights is lame, and what's with the ambushes? It's already too long.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Here is some classic condescending grounded wisdom right here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/74495/rank-down-tickets/p1

You linked a Thread about Rank Down Tickets. No idea how that applies to what we are discussing.

And now we all see the problem.
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    edited June 2018
    The Merc Mission Domino is the same difficulty of EQ Domino. Once you get used to her, she is easy to take with 5/50s even. I am more than positive you have said that to people on other threads. And to address your complaining at the responses you're getting from the community, your comments on threads are 100% condescending. Even if you do not think they are, the community has blatantly told you they are. So if you want to avoid these sorts of responses, maybe listen to what the community is saying and try to change your manner in responding to thread? I have seen it myself (although I don't really care) so heed what the community is saying. And I am curious as well if you have beaten the Collector more than once

Barogs
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    Has your question been answered? I think that there’s a general consensus

I'm capable of conducting my own discussion, thanks.

Wow that’s what I get for trying to be polite. I’m done.

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Barogs wrote: »
    The Merc Mission Domino is the same difficulty of EQ Domino. Once you get used to her, she is easy to take with 5/50s even. I am more than positive you have said that to people on other threads. And to address your complaining at the responses you're getting from the community, your comments on threads are 100% condescending. Even if you do not think they are, the community has blatantly told you they are. So if you want to avoid these sorts of responses, maybe listen to what the community is saying and try to change your manner in responding to thread? I have seen it myself (although I don't really care) so heed what the community is saying. And I am curious as well if you have beaten the Collector more than once

Barogs

I just want to know if he has beat him once
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    Run477 wrote: »
    Barogs wrote: »

Barogs

I just want to know if he has beat him once

Anyone can do it once with enough items/units. More than once for exploration starts to get costly lol
    NEO wrote: »
    I’m surprised the mods haven’t closed this. Threads have been closed for much less.

Truth...at least it's still on topic and constructive.

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    LOL same guy that was arguing in Domino's champion spotlight that she wasn't broken. I just got a terrible whiplash from your turnaround XD
    Robinfifth wrote: »
    I will start by saying I kill her everytime she shows up in Merc missions so I'm not here to scream nerf her. That being said I 100% agree with you. I can easily solo any of the other bosses with a 5/50 champ this is the only one where I constantly have to use 2 or 3 Champs to bring her down. To anyone who just says bring vision, that is not possible for everyone. We don't all have vision. They should just lower her sig level for this mission and it would make her comparable to the difficulty of the other boss possibilities.

Yeah, I agree there's something extra with her. I don't really expect it to be changed at this point, nor do I necessarily believe it should be based on my experience alone. When I said she needed to be toned down, that was really my feeling. If the feedback helps gauge future Events, great. I was more or less looking for people who had the same experience because getting knocked down that much by one specific Boss twice a day is really not on par for it for me. Perhaps the Sig could have been lowered, or a 5* as opposed to a 6* in her case, or some sort of balancing. Of course, with these discussions people will always have no problem. That happens with anything in the game. Some just say it to be contrary, but feel the same way. Lol. I was really keeping my ear to the ground for like minds.
    gohard123 wrote: »
    LOL same guy that was arguing in Domino's champion spotlight that she wasn't broken. I just got a terrible whiplash from your turnaround XD

I never said she wasn't broken. I haven't used her much since I got her. Haven't had time. I said the judgment is premature. I'm not for nerfing her.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom
    YES. I'll give you this one buddy. I have been able to take her down every time BUT NOT in proportion to the other bosses as you stated. I can run through the mission with other bosses without losing any champs or even much health. When domino is boss, I will lose a champ or two guaranteed. The first few times I fought her I lost 4 champs before taking her down.
    I fight her now and get degen constantly for what seems like everything. i didn't produce crit, didn't activate power gain, didn't activate whetever; degen degen degen. I have found that AA and Magik destroy her though. I'm afraid to test Scarlet on her since she produces such random behavior. :)
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    JZ734 wrote: »
    What champs are you using. The biggest killer for me was using champs that tried to activate abilities when they attack or when they are attacked

I'd say that's the hard part. What champs don't have a chance to produce something when hitting or being hit? Seems like even the crappiest champs have something.
This discussion has been closed.