**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nerf uncollected adaptoid!

Comments

• IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    I hate to say this because of dropfaith's pontificating demeanor, but he's right. It's not too difficult to beat the Adaptoid. I'm stuck on him because my intercept game is weak. Hence I go out and work strickly to work on intercepting. I destroy him till I get to under 25%. I'll keep trying till I get my intercept on point. That's what you should be doing. Realizing your weakness and fix it.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Irohr wrote: »
    I hate to say this because of dropfaith's pontificating demeanor, but he's right. It's not too difficult to beat the Adaptoid. I'm stuck on him because my intercept game is weak. Hence I go out and work strickly to work on intercepting. I destroy him till I get to under 25%. I'll keep trying till I get my intercept on point. That's what you should be doing. Realizing your weakness and fix it.

If you are finding under 25% tough, there are 3 champs I can thinking of that can combat that directly. Medusa and Nebula both shut down robots and can block him under 25%, and Proxima midnight can block unblockable because she affects ability accuracy while blocking.

• IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★

If you are finding under 25% tough, there are 3 champs I can thinking of that can combat that directly. Medusa and Nebula both shut down robots and can block him under 25%, and Proxima midnight can block unblockable because she affects ability accuracy while blocking.

Thanks bud. I don't have prox but I have the other two as 4*. I'll try it. You may have just saved the day. I'm about to fight him with a 3* Ronin.

Thanks bud. I don't have prox but I have the other two as 4*. I'll try it. You may have just saved the day. I'm about to fight him with a 3* Ronin.

Good luck, if not, then the Ronan may be a good idea. Might be a longer fight, but it’ll be easy with the Adaptoid stunned the entire time.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I used a 3* Ronan and it made him a cake walk. Just evade the first special he'll get to and after that keep him stunned by spamming Ronan sp 1. Worked so awesome. Will work with a 2* also but will be a much longer fight.
    The real question now is, who to bring for Red Skull. Lol.
  • I used loki for the adaptoid and mordo or Corvus for red skull
  • Luke2323Luke2323 Posts: 48
    Try Corvus guys - he completely destroys the adaptoid and the red skull, plus pretty much everything else in the game in 25 hits or less: https://www.dropbox.com/s/81x0z16ccjbzisz/Corvus vs Uncollected Red Skull.mov?dl=0
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Does a Ronan at sig level 1 work?
    I've got an AG but no stones
  • SbkSbk Posts: 53
    No, needs a couple stones
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Lol thanks guys I'll give it a go.
    If not I can wait.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    My 4/40 Ronan is sig 5 and it worked fine.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Medusa and Nebula can shut down robot's abilities but not the unblockable that kicks in when Adaptoid is below 25% because it is node specific. You have to intercept which is fairly easy since Adaptoid gains no power and you can pretty much corner him and use the backtrack intercept method. I used Medusa.
    arsjum wrote: »

Medusa and Nebula can shut down robot's abilities but not the unblockable that kicks in when Adaptoid is below 25% because it is node specific. You have to intercept which is fairly easy since Adaptoid gains no power and you can pretty much corner him and use the backtrack intercept method. I used Medusa.

ehmj5r92sfn2.png
    c3dadkqv3olb.png
    pfk0q4x6krad.png

Node specific doesn’t matter, why do you think medusa is such a good option for ultron Act 5? Because she shuts down the nodes too. Nebula can even stop the physical resistance for hydra adaptoid because she can shut it down without having to hit him.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Y0sh wrote: »
    Get out —- seriously stop thinking the game should be easy to win with the same set of champs for everything. Its a tricky fight that takes strategy and patience - stop whining

There's no strategy according to previous opinions
    Just ronan
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Get out —- seriously stop thinking the game should be easy to win with the same set of champs for everything. Its a tricky fight that takes strategy and patience - stop whining

Just ronan

Bah humbug.

There definitely is strategy to be used.
    Many options beside Ronan were given. My go-to gal was Magik. Yes, requires multiple evasions, and some actual planning on when to pop an L3, especially towards the 25% marker, but overall, two maybe three L3s is all that’s needed if planned right. Pop in an L2 for good measure to stop his powergain entirely if need be.

I’ve even spoken to people that stated that after using Ronan once, they decided to not use him after since it was ‘major boring sheeeeeet’...
    There are ways and options besides Ronan. As this thread has also clearly shown.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Bapoi wrote: »

Just ronan

Bah humbug.

Many options beside Ronan were given. My go-to gal was Magik. Yes, requires multiple evasions, and some actual planning on when to pop an L3, especially towards the 25% marker, but overall, two maybe three L3s is all that’s needed if planned right. Pop in an L2 for good measure to stop his powergain entirely if need be.

I’ve even spoken to people that stated that after using Ronan once, they decided to not use him after since it was ‘major boring sheeeeeet’...
    There are ways and options besides Ronan. As this thread has also clearly shown.

Thanos was a strategic fight
    This really isnt
    Bapoi wrote: »

Just ronan

Bah humbug.

Thanos was a strategic fight
    This really isnt
    Strategic:
    “relating to the identification of long-term or overall aims and interests and the means of achieving them”

I identify my overall aim as beating the adaptoid. My means of achieving them is to decide to use Medusa, Nebula, Ronan, magik or whoever since they have an inherent advantage over the combination of nodes and abilities the adaptoid has.

Sounds pretty strategic to me.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    How about.......NO!! Lol
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

ehmj5r92sfn2.png
    c3dadkqv3olb.png
    pfk0q4x6krad.png

Node specific doesn’t matter, why do you think medusa is such a good option for ultron Act 5? Because she shuts down the nodes too. Nebula can even stop the physical resistance for hydra adaptoid because she can shut it down without having to hit him.

I stand corrected. This makes all those whining about adaptoid being allegedly OP even more ridiculous. He’s basically defenseless against Medusa and Nebula.

ehmj5r92sfn2.png
    c3dadkqv3olb.png
    pfk0q4x6krad.png

I stand corrected. This makes all those whining about adaptoid being allegedly OP even more ridiculous. He’s basically defenseless against Medusa and Nebula.

I understand why people think it’s a tough fight, it is if you go in unprepared and just try to revive through it. Even master one can be tough if you just try and go in with your best team. You could get smacked down. But instead of throwing revives at it, it’s always better to exit out and bring a better team in, like Seatin did on his stream.

But yeah, I agree with you. Defenceless against medusa and nebs, so happy I pulled her as a 6*
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Does nebulas charges negate the unblockable attacks when the adaptoid is under 25%?
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Does nebulas charges negate the unblockable attacks when the adaptoid is under 25%?

As long as you have 5 or more, yeah 100% shut down of unblockable attacks. Just bear in mind it won’t get rid of unblockable special 1 for some reason.
  • SFCamericaSFCamerica Posts: 7
    I agree, this Master is much, much more difficult than last two.
    @Appleisgod yup. Turned right around and used Ronan on Red Skull. Perfect answer to both.