**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So...now the AI is expert on Dexterity

Comments

• Judge_PainJudge_Pain Posts: 93
    DNA going full Beautiful Mind on people
    Conveniently left out the bit of the quote where he broke down your evidence and proved it was proper.
  • I like this one. Even with a damage over time effect damage goes gimped at the end to keep 2% on.

I'm not even going to bother with calculations anymore. Just plain eyeballs can see that the hit at combo 41 landed for about 3560 and that dealt about 7% damage. The hit you think is so suspicious is doing 3197 and dealt 6% damage. And this is what you call "damage goes gimped." That is literally exactly what anyone who can do basic arithmetic should expect would happen. In fact, I'm rather curious to know how you think 3197 is supposed to deal 8% damage and kill Rags when 3560 dealt 7% damage just a couple seconds prior. That seems to defy the laws of arithmetic.

The shock, incidentally, can be seen ticking for 168 damage in two of the images. That's about half a percent of health every second (and I'm assuming two ticks per second here), which isn't enough to make a big difference in the timeframe the screenshots look like they encapsulate.

In fact my only retort to that would be, did he take suicides being on under consideration..? what about assassins being on as well?

Would that not make a huge difference in the math he applied.

Some one asked why is this a big deal? I'll answer by saying why is anything on this game a big deal? Why have a forum at all? Why pay money to play this game? Why bother asking if whether or not it is a big deal in the first place? Lol

Assassins or suicides don't change math. Nothing changes the math. They can increase the upper part of the range of possible damage which is still decided by RNG. But the math stays the same. Health - damage = remaining health.
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Ive noticed the same thing about the AI being super annoying
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

If you're just going to keep posting screenshots of champions at 1% health before dying without doing any analysis at all, I'm afraid I'm going to have to conclude you don't have any evidence of a problem you are just hung up on champions reaching 1% health for no reason at all except wild guessing.

......lol.... that's what we've been talking about this whole time. Is the constant passive safeguard that appears to take place right before being knocked out...

You're asking for evidence. Then it's presented. Then say if I'm going to keep presenting evidence then you're simply not going to listen...lol

Except you do not seem to even know how safefaurd works, nothing you have posted shows anything close to a safegaurd being passive kicking in. Safeguard works by caping damage at 1%. It does not make damage less than one 1%, so if the npc has 5% and you hit him for little damage like 800 and he stays at 5% then that is not safegaurd. likewise if hit him for 6% then that is not safe guard because it obviously either because it was not capped.

You have provided no evidence for which you claim, you are just not understanding the damage output of your champ and how percentages works it seems. If you do under 1k damage to a champ with over 100k health it is not going to move the percentage, it does not matter if you have suicides, or assasin or any of that.

Assassins or suicides don't change math.

Right. Because 80% increase in attack is the same as 5% increase in attack. 👍

They can increase the upper part of the range of possible damage

Since when has Suicides and Assassins been based on possible damage?

which is still decided by RNG.

The RNG seems to be pretty gimped at end...lol

It does not change the way damage bar math is calculated, also possible damage is not based on RNG, it is pretty much you do x damage, you crit you do modified x damage. Just because they list percentages does not mean there is a roll involved. If you take Corvus to a fight every similar hit will do the same amount of damage unless some special ability such as resistance kicks in. Note when I say similar hit I mean medium attacks will do the same, light attakcs will do the same. it is the reason all your hood non crit specials on IW were 835 damage.
  • volrexvolrex Posts: 48
    dude you posted this in the wrong place ,here the majority of people are kabams cultists who gonna deny everything

people here said that we dont deserve a compensation for the major bugs that we had lately ,even tho its outright disturbed people game ,messing with AW and questing

so you are just wasting your time tbh
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    It’s all about the money. More AI Dex the more likely to catch the player and force revives and potions. It’s 100% intentional and a way to increase profits. It’s a for profit company and unfortunately the profit comes before player satisfaction. It’s a whole lot of backwards than most typical profitable business models.

Customer satisfaction usually yields higher sustained profit margins. This model yields high profits with poor satisfaction which is not long term.

I can’t tell you how many times I get dexed and KO with 1-3% health remaining on the defender. It happens A LOT anymore. Been playing this game since the beginning and it never used to happen.

It now happens mid combo. Why can we not dex out of an attack mid combo? The AI can which means the players should be able to.
    volrex said:

dude you posted this in the wrong place ,here the majority of people are kabams cultists who gonna deny everything

people here said that we dont deserve a compensation for the major bugs that we had lately ,even tho its outright disturbed people game ,messing with AW and questing

@DorianGray this is what trying to silence people looks like, personal attacks, unsubstantiated claims against he people.

the fact is prove your position. Requring proof does not make people "kabam cultists who deny everything"
    OmegaMan said:

It’s all about the money. More AI Dex the more likely to catch the player and force revives and potions. It’s 100% intentional and a way to increase profits. It’s a for profit company and unfortunately the profit comes before player satisfaction. It’s a whole lot of backwards than most typical profitable business models.

Customer satisfaction usually yields higher sustained profit margins. This model yields high profits with poor satisfaction which is not long term.

I can’t tell you how many times I get dexed and KO with 1-3% health remaining on the defender. It happens A LOT anymore. Been playing this game since the beginning and it never used to happen.

It now happens mid combo. Why can we not dex out of an attack mid combo? The AI can which means the players should be able to.

Are you talking about passive evade champs? Or regular champs dexing? If it happens so much, recording a video should be straightforward, no? I say this genuinely, if it is happening a lot, the evidence would get the ball rolling on a bug report and would benefit us all.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Honestly I'm a four year player going on five and I have seen the computer dexterity. It happened to me more recently and I haven't seen it in about 3 months so I think it was a specific update bug, specifically when the AI goes into super defensive mode, and it isn't all the time or a huge issue. Just my 2 cents.

Definitely not enough to have a forum bug issue post that needs to be updated immediately

dont confuse shallow evade for dex, the computer can shallow evade.
    I'm not confusing the two I've seen the computer dexterity not a shallow evade. Stop implying that I don't know the difference, it is unnecessary to make your point.
  • volrexvolrex Posts: 48
    Lormif said:

volrex said:

@DorianGray this is what trying to silence people looks like, personal attacks, unsubstantiated claims against he people.

the fact is prove your position. Requring proof does not make people "kabam cultists who deny everything"
    play the game and you gonna get your "proof"

i refuse to believe that you never encountered a bug that being plaguing this game for quite sometime ,and you could see complains about it across every platform

volrex said:

Lormif said:

volrex said:

play the game and you gonna get your "proof"

i refuse to believe that you never encountered a bug that being plaguing this game for quite sometime ,and you could see complains about it across every platform

I have encounters bugs, and I have reported them with full details and they were fixed. There is no details that provide any proof of a bug here though.

Lormif said:

Honestly I'm a four year player going on five and I have seen the computer dexterity. It happened to me more recently and I haven't seen it in about 3 months so I think it was a specific update bug, specifically when the AI goes into super defensive mode, and it isn't all the time or a huge issue. Just my 2 cents.

Definitely not enough to have a forum bug issue post that needs to be updated immediately

dont confuse shallow evade for dex, the computer can shallow evade.
    I'm not confusing the two I've seen the computer dexterity not a shallow evade. Stop implying that I don't know the difference, it is unnecessary to make your point.
    The only time the computer can dex is in war and arena, so outside of that you have not seen it.,
    Lormif said:

The only time the computer can dex is in war and arena, so outside of that you have not seen it.,

Disagree with that statement. It happens in questing and AQ. We have seen it and dealt with it. Why would the code only be written for AI to act differently in AW and Arena? That makes no logical sense.
    OmegaMan said:

Lormif said:

Disagree with that statement. It happens in questing and AQ. We have seen it and dealt with it. Why would the code only be written for AI to act differently in AW and Arena? That makes no logical sense.
    because the arena and AW take into account masteries, including dex, AQ and questing does not have masteries therefore it is impossible to dex. It can evade on an evade node, or evade champion but it cannot dex, that is a mastery.
    edited November 2019
    The AI definitely evades/dex on non evade nodes in questing events. And as stated often it does it mid combo when you are attacking.
    OmegaMan said:

The AI definitely evades/dex on non evade nodes in questing events.

Now you are mixing up terms, there are 3 ways that you, me and the AI can avoid being hit.
    1) dex, only available to players, and the AI in war/arena
    2) evade only available to specific champions and nodes, but in all modes
    3) shallow evade, available to evade mistimed attacks. This is how you dodge out of domammu's heavy without getting a dex buff so to avoid the degen. Everyone can do this in all modes. This happens when you attempt to intercept but the AI is not in a defense or committed to attack you, they step back, you miss they punish you. this is a valid thing.
    Excuse my ignorance for incorrect terms.

Shallow evade should never happen mid combo! It does. End of my debate. It’s one of two things a bug or programmed to happen for more cash grab.

The AI should never have an ability that the player does not. We cannot evade mid combo unless it’s an evade champion.
    OmegaMan said:

Excuse my ignorance for incorrect terms.

Shallow evade should never happen mid combo! It does. End of my debate. It’s one of two things a bug or programmed to happen for more cash grab.

The AI should never have an ability that the player does not. We cannot evade mid combo unless it’s an evade champion.

shallow evade only happens mid combo if you slow down on your attack, unless you mean you are attacking their block. If you mean into a block the player can do that as well. If you mean while you are attacking not into a block we need to see a video of what you are talking about
  • Lormif said:

OmegaMan said:

The AI definitely evades/dex on non evade nodes in questing events.

Now you are mixing up terms, there are 3 ways that you, me and the AI can avoid being hit.
    1) dex, only available to players, and the AI in war/arena
    2) evade only available to specific champions and nodes, but in all modes
    3) shallow evade, available to evade mistimed attacks. This is how you dodge out of domammu's heavy without getting a dex buff so to avoid the degen. Everyone can do this in all modes. This happens when you attempt to intercept but the AI is not in a defense or committed to attack you, they step back, you miss they punish you. this is a valid thing.
    To clarify, dexterity and evade are both game mechanics: dexterity is a mastery and evade is an ability. You can avoid getting hit by an attack by triggering the evade ability which causes hits to not hit. You can also avoid getting hit by triggering dexterity, but dexterity is itself triggered by dashing backwards. It is actually possible to avoid getting hit by dashing backwards without the dexterity mastery but the timing is extremely tight and some attacks can't be avoided with just dash backs because the timing is basically impossible for a human. Dexterity widens the window during which a dash back will cause the player to avoid getting hit.

The AI generally doesn't have dexterity and so can't trigger it. The AI only has evade when the champion has an evade ability (or sometimes nodes confer it). But the AI can always dash back to avoid getting hit, and the computer being a computer can sometimes do it with timing that humans can't achieve.

The AI shouldn't be able to dash backwards during a combo, but that's only if the attacks in the combo happen back to back. It is possible for the player to perform a combo without the attacks happening literally back to back, but if they do they create a tiny possibility for the computer to dash backward and break the combo. This is technically something that both the computer and the player can do, but the player rarely does this because a) the timing window is too short to do it most of the time, and b) the computer rarely puts short gaps in between attacks to create the possibility in the first place. The AI is more likely to stop a combo short than "stutter" in the middle of a combo.

Incidentally, client side lag can create the opening necessary to "shallow evade" out of the player combo, even if the player is sending inputs fast enough to otherwise keep a combo tight.

I'm not 100% certain what's happening under the hood, but I believe that "shallow dex" or "shallow evade" doesn't trigger dexterity buffs because the dash back is happening at just the right time to avoid getting hit, and thus dexterity doesn't "need" to trigger. In other words, I think shallow dex is a dash back that would have successfully avoided the attack if you didn't have dexterity in the first place. But I haven't done extensive testing to probe those mechanics.

volrex said:

I'm starting to realize this lol.

Was wondering why so many people were triggered by this lol

Seems like all is right with the game. All is working as intended. And no complaints should be made. Haha
    The only person seemly triggered here is you.