**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

On the new 5* crystal announcement

Comments

• RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Pharaoh wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Many have bought this because Miike said his favorite line "we have no plans at this time." to re-release featured champs. They bought this because that statement expressed that this was huge value. You can potentially get a 5* champ that wont be seen again for a long time.

Well now the flood gates are open, and that value you thought you were getting isn't so valuable.
    That's been said ever since 5* features were a thing. We all knew those 5* champs will become available at some point. And now time has finally caught up and it's starting to happen. Although overpriced, that deal guaranteed a featured 5* champ. How is this any different than buying tons of featured crystals with only a chance to pull the featured 4* version knowing that champ will be in the standard 4* crystals about 6 weeks later. It's also no different than buying that early access Quake deal and recently Nebula deal knowing their featured crystals will be available soon and they'll be in arena.

With those you actually know their featured crystals are coming. With this $500 deal they were just shady and in the wrong. You can feel otherwise that's fine.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    They add to the new five star to the crystals tho has happened in the past was bound to happen again all the deal did was give u a shot to get x champ earlier not really shady
  • PharaohPharaoh Posts: 13
    The crime would've been them not announcing anything at all. The crystal guaranteed a featured 5* champ. In the future those featured champs aren't guaranteed. Past experiences has Kabam operating shady from a member of the community point of view. Past experiences also shows that members of the community will complain no matter how things are handled.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Was there an actual forums mod statement that there were no plans "at this time" to add those featured 5*'s to the crystal? If so, then beyond shady.

DZ
  • MissyMissy Posts: 16
    Well I wish the "b" word & those big spenders would have been mentionned when we were outraged here in this forum when this 500$ offer went out. Nothing from you guys. Instead you bought that deal which was not a very wise decision considering all the fixes we are waiting for so long. For the rest I do agree.

Would just be nice that this "b" word would come not only when the 5% top players are losing something. And I'm part of those 5% top players...

It's just a matter of coming all together as a community. But we are leaving many players behind... hope you guys can learn from mistakes and not spend 500-800$ (depending where you live) when nothing is fixed yet in this game. So I don't think this should be reimbursed... it was not very supportive to those trying to tell kabam this offer was outrageous. Where were you guys then instead of spending?

But yes for the rest things need to change
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Was there an actual forums mod statement that there were no plans "at this time" to add those featured 5*'s to the crystal? If so, then beyond shady.

DZ

Yes, but it's been a while. I can't remember one recently. I asked them about it a few months ago and got the "at this time" response. It's why I never went for featured champs. No guarantee that you would get them, and if you did, it's almost impossible to bring them to max sig since you have a limited number of chances to dupe them.

Anyway...this is overall a good change, IMO.
    edited May 2017
    I believe it's a good change as well. The 5* crystals are finally being populated with previous featured champs.
  • MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    The cost should come down at least in half. But it wont

why? What is the reasoning behind this?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm still having a hard time seeing how it's a bad thing.
    Here's the thing. The Unit Deal was most likely planned well ahead of the decision to change the 5* Crystals. It was a chance to get one of the Champs listed that were not in the Basic Crystals. That was a guaranteed 1/31 chance. It was totally optional, and was part of a 3-part offer. How much real money you chose to spend depended on how many Units you had on-hand.
    There are a number of new Champs being added to the Basic in the future. That will make it a 1 in 35 chance to get what you want, and no money is required. The odds of you rolling what you want are less.
    Then there's the Subfeatured. If the Basic has the highest probability in the Featured Crystal, next comes the Featured, and the Subfeatured last, that makes it significantly smaller than the chance at a Basic.
    The main point is, it was an optional offer that gave a higher probability of rolling a Champ that was not in the Basic or the Featured at that time. What people spent on was their choice.
    It should come as no surprise that they are eventually being added. The game is continually growing. It would make no sense to think they would create a vacuum where certain 5*'s would run twice and never come back again. Even the ones not being added could be added in the future. (DS, SW, etc.). Just no plans at this time.
    Now, as far as compensation goes, no one is entitied to compensation because new Champs are being added to the Crystals. Where do we draw the line? Do we expect it for everyone that spent Units Grinding for a Champ in the Arena after it's been added to the Crystals? Do we expect it if they decide to add 4* Ronan, Rhino, and Red Clops, for everyone who did ROL? No. The game is changing all the time. Improvement is not a bad thing.
    Finally, the idea of running to the App Store everytime there is a change we don't like is getting absurd at this point. It's not a means to an end to threaten bad reviews and spending halts.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    Here's the thing. The Unit Deal was most likely planned well ahead of the decision to change the 5* Crystals. It was a chance to get one of the Champs listed that were not in the Basic Crystals. That was a guaranteed 1/31 chance. It was totally optional, and was part of a 3-part offer. How much real money you chose to spend depended on how many Units you had on-hand.
    There are a number of new Champs being added to the Basic in the future. That will make it a 1 in 35 chance to get what you want, and no money is required. The odds of you rolling what you want are less.
    Then there's the Subfeatured. If the Basic has the highest probability in the Featured Crystal, next comes the Featured, and the Subfeatured last, that makes it significantly smaller than the chance at a Basic.
    The main point is, it was an optional offer that gave a higher probability of rolling a Champ that was not in the Basic or the Featured at that time. What people spent on was their choice.
    It should come as no surprise that they are eventually being added. The game is continually growing. It would make no sense to think they would create a vacuum where certain 5*'s would run twice and never come back again. Even the ones not being added could be added in the future. (DS, SW, etc.). Just no plans at this time.
    Now, as far as compensation goes, no one is entitied to compensation because new Champs are being added to the Crystals. Where do we draw the line? Do we expect it for everyone that spent Units Grinding for a Champ in the Arena after it's been added to the Crystals? Do we expect it if they decide to add 4* Ronan, Rhino, and Red Clops, for everyone who did ROL? No. The game is changing all the time. Improvement is not a bad thing.
    Finally, the idea of running to the App Store everytime there is a change we don't like is getting absurd at this point. It's not a means to an end to threaten bad reviews and spending halts.

Hey GW, were you Websnatcher in the previous forum?
    mutamatt wrote: »
    dorkpool wrote: »
    So how about the non-top alliance folks​, you know most people, who have to wait months for the next 5* crystal. It's takes forever just to dupe with the current odds. So now the chance to dupe is practically zero, and will only get worse every month. This whole rewards system, not just this 5* thing, does nothing but help the rich get richer. There's no chance a person joining today will ever be able to build the roster to get to tier Alliance or 100% LOL. Especially since you basically needed a duped 5* Star Lord to do it, you have zero chance of ever getting him now with this new system.

I started my post off by saying this change is good for the longevity of the game, im not a whale by any means. I would call myself a mid/high tier player. Definitely not on the level of many of the names i see here. This benefits me greatly and im excited for the change.

That being said, it was really shady for them to offer the 500$ deal. The fact they are changing the system shows they know its broken. More notice would have been great, but instead of informing their player base last week or earlier, they chose to formulate one more deal to maximize profit.

We should know better as players, but that doesn't make their actions acceptable. Last week that was a good deal for the spenders looking for a trophy champ, today 90% would not buy the same deal.

It was a shady business decision.

I totally agree. Why no matter big is your wallet or no matter in debts some are, nobody should have bought that deal in support of all the community... waiting for them to fix things first.
    And it was a very unwise decision to buy thst deal. Wise people should not pay for this. Best to come up with better solutions as a community.
  • ArtOfKhaosArtOfKhaos Posts: 59
    edited May 2017
    People who bought the 500 dollar deal reading the announcement must of been like throwing salt on a open wound.
  • Ranger1914Ranger1914 Posts: 22
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    I bet all this spending makes you all relevant in the real world. "Hey baby I can't afford to take you out but check this out, my new sweet 5* kamala khan I paid $500 for. You don't care? What? Where are you going? Wanna exchange numbb.. Oh ok Never mind"

Lol this was funny but for myself I make enough to spend money on this game and my girl lol
  • CheyneedCheyneed Posts: 95
    Hey GW, were you Websnatcher in the previous forum?[/quote]

That's exactly what I was thinking...
    edited May 2017
    Mattylo wrote: »
    I just ask that when arguing for things such as reinmbursements, you spend some time investigating how it would effect not just the top % of players but the community as a whole.
    I agree 100%. Until this takes precedence, the community will never be united as a whole. The top % of players only try and look out for themselves. And then wonder why they lack the respect from the entire community.
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    Are our avatars based upon forum activity?

If so it's ironic that we start out with Spider-Gwen. At least Kabam even recognizes how horrible she is... Can't wait to get her as a 5* :/
  • DirectorDirector Posts: 42
    edited May 2017
    xoRIVALox wrote: »
    Are our avatars based upon forum activity?

If so it's ironic that we start out with Spider-Gwen. At least Kabam even recognizes how horrible she is... Can't wait to get her as a 5* :/

No, you can change your avatar in the account options menu.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Hitmarker wrote: »
    What about those who used their resources on the 5 stars avaliable not knowing how easily thwy could have a chance at obtaining one of the 5 stars that passed???

How easy will it be, exactly?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    MavRCK_ wrote: »
    Exactly.

'At the top' choices to choose to go for feature crystals or not MATTER. Investments of huge amounts of money and resources have to weighed CAREFULLY. This is how competitive and difficult the prestige and end-game is.

Changing the rules mid-game really screws over a lot of us.

It's another 12.0 fiasco with limited foresight into how it affects the prior players.

I don't mean to sound flippant, but nothing is permanent in online games and that includes value propositions. Everything that is expensive will one day be cheap as the game evolves. That's a truism. They shouldn't have to say that, and they certainly won't give anyone specific time tables for this. But all the effort you or I put into the game and all the money you or I spend on the game will be on things that will one day be easier for the players that come after us. If you want to fight to get to the top, you have to understand that the expensive pinnacle you are trying to reach will one day be the moderately expensive basecamp players use to get to the new summit, and thereafter be the cheap tourist trap gift shop on the trail.

You are spending time and effort to get there first, and your reward is getting there first. There is just not going to be compensation given to the ones that are first just because the rest of the pack has an easier trail to follow to get there. That's just not how this works. The people that don't think that is enough reward for the time and expense will be replaced by players that do.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound flippant, but nothing is permanent in online games and that includes value propositions. Everything that is expensive will one day be cheap as the game evolves. That's a truism. They shouldn't have to say that, and they certainly won't give anyone specific time tables for this. But all the effort you or I put into the game and all the money you or I spend on the game will be on things that will one day be easier for the players that come after us. If you want to fight to get to the top, you have to understand that the expensive pinnacle you are trying to reach will one day be the moderately expensive basecamp players use to get to the new summit, and thereafter be the cheap tourist trap gift shop on the trail.

You are spending time and effort to get there first, and your reward is getting there first. There is just not going to be compensation given to the ones that are first just because the rest of the pack has an easier trail to follow to get there. That's just not how this works. The people that don't think that is enough reward for the time and expense will be replaced by players that do.

Anyone who isn't at the top now, regardless of how much they spend in the future will never catch up with those already at the pinnacle.

Doing so would be foolish, but as the saying goes 'A fool and his money are soon parted'
  • BDLHBDLH Posts: 148

Hey GW, were you Websnatcher in the previous forum?

Same thing I was thinking lol. When he starts commenting about high tier content with his list of 0 achieves or even Master clears, we'll eventually deduce who this was from the old forums. 3000 posts, 0 hard content beat sound about right?

Company knows for months they're about to put some of the best champs in the game in cheap basic 5 star crystals. Company hides this fact and pushes out as many deals possible that would be horrible in light of the above changes. Company claims to be transparent and forthcoming with it's customers yet hides this incredibly important information. Company announces last minute after all these deals have cashed in and thousands of customers feel rightfully cheated that they spent their shards or cash to buy champs they were told would be only be available twice and gone after that.

GW goes through multiple lengthy posts to defend all these actions and how there's nothing wrong with these practices. Sounds a lot like some Damian character still working on getting through Act 3 and proving grounds yet commenting on end game content...
    Ya BDLH, I'm really curious to know if there is another individual in this game that has the same unique perspective as snatch. I truly feel that his viewpoint is very fringe among the players and I don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as snatch left, GW took up the baton immediately.
  • MayhemEffectMayhemEffect Posts: 112
    GUESS WHO I AM!!!!
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Sha59 wrote: »
    The Previous 8x people that had lol completed before 12.0 should be getting compensation, noone else.

Actually the first few who completed it did it while there was a PI increase bug for all champs being exploited and had a clear advantage if you wanna get technical about it. So much so that Kabam shut down LOL and readjusted the number of legend titles and Ultron classics being handed out. That said I have not done a single path, not worth the time or money to me anymore. It is expensive and time consuming regardless of when you do/did it.
    edited May 2017
    GUESS WHO I AM!!!!

You are the notorious Mayhem Effect. Now known as MayhemEffect.
    I know it's hard to guess but I was Time to clobber in the previous forum, now I am Time_to_clobber ;)

Wonder who Pharaoh used to be.
  • DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    GUESS WHO I AM!!!!
    Civil Warrior! Oh wait. ;)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DReckoning wrote: »
    GUESS WHO I AM!!!!
    Civil Warrior! Oh wait. ;)

Nothing wrong with CW. :)
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 310
    You are right.getting 15k 5* shard is not a joke specially when you grind hard to get shard and when you are not on a alliance who always be no1 in sa or other event. medium player get 10k shard in approx 3 or 4 month.now kabam have to understand they need to move if they can take decision without asking Player to change champions ability then why cant they took our one suggestion which is really good for us.
    Its a rule of buisness if they cant make their customer happy then the business cant forward.
    In my opinion instead of 5* feature crystal they should have to guaranteed give feature 5* in price of 20k 5* shard.all of us know how hard is too get shard and the champ available in 5* even we dont need it like ip which is really a bad idea for 5* crystal.kabam should have to understand the time is come for revolution
This discussion has been closed.