**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

ÆGON: Fixed Combo Shield to be a true Buff ?

Comments

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited November 2019

My biggest concern is the ability for champs to nullify it now. Seeing as he benefits from taking hits while in combo shield mode to build furies if that can be nullified mid combo it’s going to be messy and clearly a change to his mechanics. No different than she-hulk had her mechanics changed.

To be fair, that strategy involves him getting hit to activate fury buffs. If you try doing that against a heavy nullify/stagger champ, I think your combo shield will be the least of your worries.
    With a combo of 300+ , Ægon gains a Fury buff when he lands a crit.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★

My biggest concern is the ability for champs to nullify it now. Seeing as he benefits from taking hits while in combo shield mode to build furies if that can be nullified mid combo it’s going to be messy and clearly a change to his mechanics. No different than she-hulk had her mechanics changed.

To be fair, that strategy involves him getting hit to activate fury buffs. If you try doing that against a heavy nullify/stagger champ, I think your combo shield will be the least of your worries.
    Not really as long as the shield stays up I can only lose 5percent that’s why it’s great!
  • Fantastic. Is inequity next in line to be fixed now?
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

Hey everybody,

Looks like we've caused a little confusion with the way that our fix for Ægon's Combo Shield was worded.

Right now, it reads "ÆGON: Fixed Combo Shield to be a true Buff which can now be interacted with.", but what it should have said is "ÆGON: Fixed the Combo Shield from Heavy Charge to work properly when stolen (ex. Loki)".

His Combo Shield has always been a Buff, both for the ones received from the Combo Meter, and from charging a Heavy, but under the hood, it was acting in a way that didn't work properly when stolen, such as by Loki. We've now fixed that, so all in all, there should be no visible/noticeable change to note, unless you're fighting/using Loki.

Also, to touch on the confusion caused by "Passive Abilities". Passive Abilities do not necessarily mean that the results are Passive Effects, just that this is an always active ability. The Combo Shield is a Buff generated by a Passive Ability.

We hope this clears things up, and are sorry for the confusion that was caused.

Aegon has a synergy with the hood?
    @Kabam Miike thanks for jumping in and help clear that up. Does that mean that his combo shield has always been able to be nullified and trigger spite nodes as an active buff. Could just be something I’ve never noticed.
    @DNA3000 that’s spot on the terminology is so confusing and the way they use it suggest multiple things. For abilities such as Aegon where he we always get “passive” effect could be easily switched to the inherent ability will trigger XYZ. Passive will always make people think it can be changed as that’s the way some champs abilities read.
  • PushPush Posts: 45

His Combo Shield has always been a Buff, both for the ones received from the Combo Meter, and from charging a Heavy, but under the hood, it was acting in a way that didn't work properly when stolen, such as by Loki. We've now fixed that, so all in all, there should be no visible/noticeable change to note, unless you're fighting/using Loki.

Aegon has a synergy with the hood?

It's a turn of phrase referencing a car engine is "under the hood" similar to "behind the scenes".
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★

@Kabam Miike care to share the teams thoughts? Clearly a big change and one that was left out of the original patch notes. Whether intentional or not this needs some clarification as to why and what we should expect.

Kabam this is YOUR champion. Your official comic book character. And you want to go against your own design? Bad move, bad sense of character
  • Combo "Breakers" synergy is definitely still "broken"
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★

Hey everybody,

Looks like we've caused a little confusion with the way that our fix for Ægon's Combo Shield was worded.

Right now, it reads "ÆGON: Fixed Combo Shield to be a true Buff which can now be interacted with.", but what it should have said is "ÆGON: Fixed the Combo Shield from Heavy Charge to work properly when stolen (ex. Loki)".

Also, to touch on the confusion caused by "Passive Abilities". Passive Abilities do not necessarily mean that the results are Passive Effects, just that this is an always active ability. The Combo Shield is a Buff generated by a Passive Ability.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on there bud.
    WHATADAYAMEAN????

Does that mean that his combo shield can be nullified, trigger spite, EMP, and all of the other fun, and interactive stuff that "buffs" trigger against certain nodes?

If so, I would think that we need a little more than just an "I'm sorry, we messed up the description of this champ abilities(again)"

Please do clarify
  • I'm confused his description clearly states Passive-combo meter abilities. Aegon unlocks additional passive abilities as his combo meter increases.

Should this not mean the combo shield itself is passive and not able to be nullified? In addition does that also mean his furies etc should NOT be able to be nullified? Are there currently passive abilities in game which are able to be nullified?
  • Hey everybody,

Does this mean the synergies are fixed? His said buff hasn’t been kicking in making the Proxima synergy useless
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I still see "circle effect with white rim" as a buff/debuff that can be nullified/stolen/etc, and i see "circle effect with no white rim" as a passive effect that cannot be nullified/stolen/etc. As long as the above observations are consistent with what kabam considers buff/debuffs/passive there is no confusion here.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited November 2019
    I'm not an Ægon user at the moment cause I haven't been fortunate enough to pull him as a 5*, but I'm following this closely since he's the champ I want most that continues to elude me.

The "fix" or "change" isn't live yet. It's in 25.1, which I at least don't have available to download yet.

Is anyone able to take some time to check the current state in 25.0, screenshots and/or video, then compare that behavior after 25.1?

That would be the easiest way to track if they truly changed something, or merely fixed something.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    No sense in checking now - his synergy is bugged. Plenty of video out there of Aegon before all these bugs to compare to. I hope his kit isn't changed (apart from Loki now being some kind of combo-shield counter :neutral: ) or my max sig 4/55 will be staying at rank 4 ...
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    The synergy with Starlord is still broken.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    So a “buff” can now be activated passively? My head hurts. Making stuff up on the run again