**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lose Yourself to the Abyss!

Comments

• RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    So I was thinking about the hits cap. I’m sure multiple hits from L1 and L2 will count (RIP Blade L2), but what about L3? If there are 10 hits from an L3 will it remove 10 charges or just 1 since it’s from “one source”?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I have to say, I do respect the integrity of the challenge. Even though there are aspects that disappoint me, it looks really hard. Kabam’s general idea for this content is perfect. A lot of players now think that once content is released they can do initial and 100% in a matter of days. This is evident with Act 6. Abyss is here to tackle that disillusion, and I support it. Yes, it’s hard. Yes, you will have to rank up champions much higher. And no, most of you (us) will not complete this content anytime soon. A true new Everest if what I am reading plays out well.

What about the rewards though? The rewards will be normal by the end of this year. The average end game alliance will have 3 to 5 r3 6 stars without even touching this content. For the amount of difficulty involved I believe anything short of a r4 champion reward is underwhelming for exploration.
    Only problem with that is, we just now can r3 a 6* and that's only if your in a top alliance essentially. Or spend cold hard cash. If we can r4 by the end of the year that means 2 things. 1. This quest will be outdated since theres no t3a or t6b. 2. The developers must be working on what comes next after 6* because the same thing happened with 4 and 5*.
    By the end of the year end game players will have 4 to 5 r3 6 stars. I barely spend and I will have at least one after 6.4 is released in 3 months. That means the rewards will only be special for less than a year? Act 6.4 completion will be significantly cheaper on on par with Abyss rewards, Kabam can do better.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    edited January 2020

Onmix said:

ECOMA said:

Onmix said:

I don’t see the hit cap any different from the enrage timer back in the day. Yeah maybe with synergies you could achieve a larger timer but it essentially punished you from bringing someone not at the level for it. So, it’s basically the same just harder (which makes sense).

Now, the damage cap I am disappointed it exists. I really thought all this insane specials were going to shine here.

But the worst of ALL is the locked camera. I wish you would remove it. Imo it doesn’t add difficulty in a quest. It adds a nuisance.

A hit cap literally punishes skill and rewards nothing but money it's a bad direction to go
    Right now yes. Eventually, when we have the necessary level of champs to do it, it won’t. A R4 maybe will be able to do it

I’m sorry but this is what they are aiming for. That’s the intent. There is no skill cap available in this game given the level of players we have. At least I can’t think of something skill based where the top players won’t be able to do it rather quickly. Of course I could be wrong here but even then (without the hit cap and with another skill-challenge) all you need is a little bad luck for that 1% evade and you’ll still die.

Trust me. I don’t like it. I’d rather have it with the skill-challenge. But as I saw lol and now this, I don’t think this content is meant for that.
    I gotta disagree with this sentiment. The locked camera and rewards are just unreasonable. Its going to be a revive dump anyways so at least make it less painful by making the rewards something that will last for a couple years at least.
    We can completely agree with the camera. It’s just ridiculous.

What I can’t agree on are the rewards. We need to realize this is not another Act, Variant, EQ.
    This is meant to go outdated when it’s possible to complete it. It’s designed that way.
    No? Spend your way to the rewards when they’d be still relevant. The exact same thing happened with lol. That’s what this types of quests are here for. That’s why they don’t lock content behind them because many probably will never complete them.

Today only a handful of people have R3 6* and by spending a lot. So how can a quest that rewards 3 have bad rewards? They are great now. When it’s being released. That’s how it’s supposed to.
    Don’t misunderstand me. Do I like it? No. Of course I’d love to beat every possible content there is. But I understand this part of the game behaves differently and it is what it is.

I can’t complete it currently. I’m gonna wait until the next Aegon can do it because I learned my lesson and I don’t spend anymore.

Besides, T5B were introduced 2 years ago? It took 2 years to get a champ to R3. So I don’t think they’ll be outdated in a year.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Looking forward to some of the YouTubers trying ti out. You know for those like myself who are not Cavalier it will be nice to see what I have to look forward to.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Agentk said:

The damage cap is annoying as well for a limited amount of hits and the biggest healthpools we’ve ever seen punishes skill and rewards a big wallet

If you're not ready to do this yet, come back when you've built out/up your Roster! This content isn't going anywhere!
    So what I understand is that a built up roster or a champion can solo these fights. OR is it like an absolute criteria to revive a few times for every fight regardless of how skilled one is. Because there is a health pool "bigger then ever seen" and there is a limit as to how much we can hit.
    Pretty sure with the combo cap, it’s going to be necessary to revive a few times until people have 6* r4 champs
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★

I hate to always be the guy to criticize Kabam but if this content may take 3 to 4 years to beat like Kabam Mike has claimed this rewards are terrible and severely out dated. We should have an opportunity at r4 6 stars with the amount of hype that has been placed on this difficulty.

That's not unfair; but it's clearly intentional; so as to limit champion advancement, and prolong the lifetime of the game.

My observation is that most of the rewards for the quest parts of the game have been set at the point that: by the time you obtain them, you don't really need them any more.

So they're high enough to be desirable, but not actually game-changing.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Alrulz said:

Obviously you haven’t seen any of the videos showing how to heavy chain variant DPX in the corner

Obviously you didn't understand those videos. DPX is unblockable but not unstoppable except for the medium dash which isn't a factor in that situation. Also, he can't throw specials, whereas the Abyss champs can.
    Yes, heavy chaining only works if the target can't use specials. If they can't use specials your heavy can make contact before they can land any normal attack if your heavies are fast enough and don't create distance. But if the target can use special three attacks this can't work reliably because SP3 attacks activate instantly and the AI can always get one in while you are executing your next heavy attack. DPX works because all his specials are turned off.

I'm guessing that's one of the reasons why Brand VI immediately grants two bars of power when warfare charges expire.
  • THEBESTTHEBEST Posts: 9
    Need updated rewards for #1st...doesnt make sense being 1st = the rest 19 ppl...
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Which tab is the Abyss in? Is it with ROL and LOL? Post a picture if possible.
  • WhyTheFKNotWhyTheFKNot Posts: 10
    So the LOL health looks for non boss nodes is about 1.5 mill and about 3.0/5 mil for boss nodes, which is capped at 50k per hit, lets say we inflate the health pool by about 70% that the difference between 50K and 85k, thats about 2.5 mill for non bosses and about 5.1 million for bosses, not seen anybody do this kind of assessment yet but thought for fire.
  • WhyTheFKNotWhyTheFKNot Posts: 10
    another question i have could the skirmish charges be affected by ability accuracy, such as warlock? karnak, medusa with armour shatter etc.??
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet but after skirmish the defender will act more erratic. Does anyone else see the probability that they will turtle up in the corner and allow the warfare charges to just tick away?
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    I'm not saying I agree with a damage cap in AoL or LoL. A safeguard node here and there I can deal with. I tried to see this as something other than a Starlord counter when LoL first dropped, and I concluded that it must be there to make sure more variety in champ selection would be available to players down the road, not just the hardest hitters. Unfortunately it didn't quite go the way I thought it would with there still only being a small percentage of champs seen a LoL viable.

Fast forward to now and we have not only a damage cap, but an apparent combo limit. Kabam, if you guys want to stretch the limits of our rosters and are determined to use these mechanics, why not allow players to select either the damage cap or the combo meter before the fight. Kind of like a pre fight ability but for the map. I'm sure the numbers would have to be adjusted, but if done carefully I think that would open up a lot of theory crafting. It would hopefully allow us to make MORE use of our rosters, and not be tied primarily to the high damage champs when it comes to end game content. Even being able to only open G2099 up in a handful of fights in AoL would be so much fun.

tl;dr - I'd rather individual nodes narrow the field of viable champs for specific fights, not global nodes that probably render 80-90% of our champs useless for every fight.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020

I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet but after skirmish the defender will act more erratic. Does anyone else see the probability that they will turtle up in the corner and allow the warfare charges to just tick away?

My post saying just that got deleted.

Anyway, what’s the problem with defenders having 10 million health and whatever happens happens? If it takes an hour and 1300 hits because you used King Groot to shrug node debuffs, so what?
    I am very sick of seeing the same champs over and over, so I hope this won’t be loaded with the usual suspects. Magik, Hyperion, Domino, etc. All the old champs Kabam won’t use even node boosted to the moon says something.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Anyway, what’s the problem with defenders having 10 million health and whatever happens happens? If it takes an hour and 1300 hits because you used King Groot to shrug node debuffs, so what?
    I am very sick of seeing the same champs over and over, so I hope this won’t be loaded with the usual suspects. Magik, Hyperion, Domino, etc. All the old champs Kabam won’t use even node boosted to the moon says something.
    Yeah, good luck landing 1300 hits when they become permanently unblockable and unstoppable at 240...
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, good luck landing 1300 hits when they become permanently unblockable and unstoppable at 240...
    I'm saying take that away and let the HP be massive. As it reads now, you'll still chase the highest damage in the least touches and using anything else is a reviving strategy. Without that, you use whoever you want to the best of your ability.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I'm saying take that away and let the HP be massive. As it reads now, you'll still chase the highest damage in the least touches and using anything else is a reviving strategy. Without that, you use whoever you want to the best of your ability.
    I agree I much rather have the champions have much higher health than a damage cap. Its just not fun knowing champions are limited in that way.

I also don't agree with the hit counter. I think it should be more hits available. 240 is just not enough. It should follow the same course as LOL. You should at least have the possibility of a one shot with a r4 6 star champion and can do majoirty of the damage with a hard hitting r3 6 xstar champion.

With LOL based on the enrage timer most people had maxed 4 stars that is now the equivalent of a maxed 5 star. So it should follow the same pattern. Based on what I've read I can only see a one shot with r5 6 star champion or am I incorrect?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, I’d be fine with that