The debate. Who’s the better cosmic?

24567

Comments

  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    Captain Marvel(movie)

    Ahitlaw said:

    I state facts n y’all gettin butthurt about it? Should I start stating facts about other champs so y’all can say I’m defending them too? Lol this is a fun poll.

    Cmm might be better than ghost for you. This is your opinion, not facts. As much as I respect other opinions, this is just plain childishness. Just enjoy using your cmm, simple. If you really create a poll comparing between great champions, here being hype and cmm, you simply can't dismiss the other champs usability. Cmm might be better than hypes, might be not, I don't care, but what you're doing is trying to force your opinions on others, which ofc, is a sign of immaturity.
    I don’t see anywhere here that I was trying to force my opinion on another, simply stating somebody else’s comments about Sparkles is wrong is immaturity? Nah I came to debate. Not argue, y’all are the ones not capable of debating. Look up what a debate is pal
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    Captain Marvel(movie)
    I never devalued Hype, Hypes amazing. But he’s been surpassed, not only by sparkles but by corvus too
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 421 ★★
    Hyperion
    Ahitlaw said:

    phil56201 said:

    Ahitlaw said:

    phil56201 said:

    Guy starts a poll about who is best. Gets mad at anyone who doesn't agree with him lol

    Not mad, would just like realistic arguments without lying about what a champ is capable of. Not mad at all lol,make sense otherwise I’ll keep telling you why she’s better. I’m makin valid points while others are devaluing what a champion is truly capable of.
    Here’s another one for ya, Sparkles is better than Ghost.( n yeah I have both at R5) :)
    You just come off as over bearing and intense with it. Its cool. We are all gonna like who we like. I don't care for Capt Sparkles personally. Doesn't mean she's bad, I just prefer Corvus and Hypes playstyle. That's as deep as my arguments gonna get.
    I’m an overbearing and intense person haha, that’s personal opinion on who you like better and I see nothing wrong with that, this poll is about who’s better, therefore would like facts on why you think so-so is better, polls don’t work out well on the forum anyway it’s always a popular vote
    I just like them better. I think an argument can be made for any champion in this poll based on what kind of utility I need, and I use all those champions in different capacities.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    Captain Marvel(movie)
    phil56201 said:

    Ahitlaw said:

    phil56201 said:

    Ahitlaw said:

    phil56201 said:

    Guy starts a poll about who is best. Gets mad at anyone who doesn't agree with him lol

    Not mad, would just like realistic arguments without lying about what a champ is capable of. Not mad at all lol,make sense otherwise I’ll keep telling you why she’s better. I’m makin valid points while others are devaluing what a champion is truly capable of.
    Here’s another one for ya, Sparkles is better than Ghost.( n yeah I have both at R5) :)
    You just come off as over bearing and intense with it. Its cool. We are all gonna like who we like. I don't care for Capt Sparkles personally. Doesn't mean she's bad, I just prefer Corvus and Hypes playstyle. That's as deep as my arguments gonna get.
    I’m an overbearing and intense person haha, that’s personal opinion on who you like better and I see nothing wrong with that, this poll is about who’s better, therefore would like facts on why you think so-so is better, polls don’t work out well on the forum anyway it’s always a popular vote
    I just like them better. I think an argument can be made for any champion in this poll based on what kind of utility I need, and I use all those champions in different capacities.
    Same here except venom, never liked him
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    Captain Marvel(movie)
    One thing I do love tho is how Hype ages like fine wine lol
  • GagoHGagoH Posts: 321
    Dont forget only Corvus is suicide friendly
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 264 ★★
    edited February 20
    Hyperion
    So much of how good a character is Is content based and while Corvus and CMM might have higher damage potential, Hype is able to tackle more content in my opinion.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 5,836 ★★★★★
    Corvus Glaive
    GagoH said:

    Dont forget only Corvus is suicide friendly

    Cmm is, poison immune, shrugs off the bleed when you enter binary and for most stuff they die during the indestructible so recoil doesn’t do much
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 5,836 ★★★★★
    Corvus Glaive

    So much of how good a character is Is content based and while Corvus and CMM might have higher damage potential, Hype is able to tackle soooo more content, particularly some of the more tricky fights and instances where few other counters exist which the other two cannot do. I.E v2, v3 Kang, 6.2.2 Sinister, 6.2 champion last 10%

    The others yes, but cmm is 100000x better than hype for 6.2.2 sinister and is one of, if not the only champ who can reasonably solo it without the heimdall synergy fury
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 294
    edited February 20
    Venom the duck.
    Venom or venom the duck. Venoms buffs add more utility, but venom the duck has more damage, both equally great. I just don’t like other cosmics
  • Ahitlaw said:

    phil56201 said:

    Ahitlaw said:

    phil56201 said:

    Ahitlaw said:

    phil56201 said:

    Guy starts a poll about who is best. Gets mad at anyone who doesn't agree with him lol

    Not mad, would just like realistic arguments without lying about what a champ is capable of. Not mad at all lol,make sense otherwise I’ll keep telling you why she’s better. I’m makin valid points while others are devaluing what a champion is truly capable of.
    Here’s another one for ya, Sparkles is better than Ghost.( n yeah I have both at R5) :)
    You just come off as over bearing and intense with it. Its cool. We are all gonna like who we like. I don't care for Capt Sparkles personally. Doesn't mean she's bad, I just prefer Corvus and Hypes playstyle. That's as deep as my arguments gonna get.
    I’m an overbearing and intense person haha, that’s personal opinion on who you like better and I see nothing wrong with that, this poll is about who’s better, therefore would like facts on why you think so-so is better, polls don’t work out well on the forum anyway it’s always a popular vote
    I just like them better. I think an argument can be made for any champion in this poll based on what kind of utility I need, and I use all those champions in different capacities.
    Same here except venom, never liked him
    Venom is actually the champ on the list that I probably use the most. He has the widest situational utility of those champs in my opinion.
  • TheToxicCactusTheToxicCactus Posts: 319 ★★
    Hyperion
    I have all 3 but i gotta say i love hyperion since my nooby playstyle allows me to back into the corner and fire specials. He has by far the best power gain in the game which imo puts him at the highest
    Its highly debatable but hyperion might be able to outdamage both cmm and corvus since his furies have no limit although it is much faster and easier to get insane damage from corvus and cmm (also takes some time to build 25 charges)
    Arguably, utility is more important than outright damage and even tho i voted hyperion as the best cosmic, cmm and corvus have slightly more utility. In this scenario, corvus has by far the most utility out of these 3 since he places armor break from well timed blocks. This is extremely useful especially in aw against kms, icemans, emma frosts, etc. Cmm also has armor breaks but has to land hits which places her 2nd. Hyperion only has an armor break off his sp2 which puts him at the bottom. Based off immunities, Corvus trumps all of them as well since he has more immunities than both cmm and hype.
    So really imo, I’d say Hype>/=Cmm>/=corvus for damage
    For utility Corvus>cmm>hype

  • PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 286
    Hyperion
    Ahitlaw said:

    I state facts n y’all gettin butthurt about it? Should I start stating facts about other champs so y’all can say I’m defending them too? Lol this is a fun poll.

    I have CMM and Hype and I take Hype to either war attack or AQ every time. He's an absolute beast (like CMM) and with the added regen bonus can go further. Granted having the ability to parry makes him much easier to use so on stun immune you need to pay a bit more attention to the fight rather than cruise through.

    But of course you'll disagree with the comment by saying CMM can go indestructible and not take damage, which is only for part of the fight and no specific way to recover more health.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 2,245 ★★★★
    Hyperion
    Hyperion
  • mbracembrace Posts: 231
    Venom
    PsyLife said:

    Venom or venom the duck. Venoms buffs add more utility, but venom the duck has more damage, both equally great. I just don’t like other cosmics

    I agree with you. I hate using cosmics, but Venom is fun with great animations to look at. He also has easy access to the one thing that makes this class useful, which is armor break. Hyperion is stressful as hell when trying to keep damage up, and you have to find safe times to use a heavy attack. I pick Venon or none.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,026 ★★★
    Venom
    Good damage, good utility against tech and spiderverse champions (hard counter to redskull, which is nice)
    Can be built to your liking depending on the fight, good burst on the L2, reliable L1 regen if there’s buffs, and with some good luck, even can cancel out recoil if you’re running it. Also has reliable armor break, generally reliable armor up buff access for havoks
    Venom’s got it all. He doesn’t hit as hard as hype or CMM, but IMO his utility makes them both inferior to him in the end
  • Arguably, utility is more important than outright damage and even tho i voted hyperion as the best cosmic, cmm and corvus have slightly more utility. In this scenario, corvus has by far the most utility out of these 3 since he places armor break from well timed blocks. This is extremely useful especially in aw against kms, icemans, emma frosts, etc. Cmm also has armor breaks but has to land hits which places her 2nd. Hyperion only has an armor break off his sp2 which puts him at the bottom. Based off immunities, Corvus trumps all of them as well since he has more immunities than both cmm and hype.

    Venom has an eleven second armor break on heavy attacks. That compares favorably to Corvus' four second armor break on well-timed block and CMM's seven second armor break that has a 15% chance to trigger except on intercept (100%). Hyperion's armor break lasts fifteen seconds, but it requires SP2 attacks as you mention.

    On top of that, Venom can nullify buffs in general with SP1. So Venom has two ways to remove armor buffs (i.e. Iceman), and one way to remove armor passives that can be armor broken (i.e. Killmonger).
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,026 ★★★
    Venom
    DNA3000 said:

    Arguably, utility is more important than outright damage and even tho i voted hyperion as the best cosmic, cmm and corvus have slightly more utility. In this scenario, corvus has by far the most utility out of these 3 since he places armor break from well timed blocks. This is extremely useful especially in aw against kms, icemans, emma frosts, etc. Cmm also has armor breaks but has to land hits which places her 2nd. Hyperion only has an armor break off his sp2 which puts him at the bottom. Based off immunities, Corvus trumps all of them as well since he has more immunities than both cmm and hype.

    Venom has an eleven second armor break on heavy attacks. That compares favorably to Corvus' four second armor break on well-timed block and CMM's seven second armor break that has a 15% chance to trigger except on intercept (100%). Hyperion's armor break lasts fifteen seconds, but it requires SP2 attacks as you mention.

    On top of that, Venom can nullify buffs in general with SP1. So Venom has two ways to remove armor buffs (i.e. Iceman), and one way to remove armor passives that can be armor broken (i.e. Killmonger).
    I’m fully with you here. If you need cosmic utility, then Venom’s gonna almost always be an option, if not the absolute guy for it.
  • PsyLifePsyLife Posts: 294
    Venom the duck.
    DNA3000 said:

    Arguably, utility is more important than outright damage and even tho i voted hyperion as the best cosmic, cmm and corvus have slightly more utility. In this scenario, corvus has by far the most utility out of these 3 since he places armor break from well timed blocks. This is extremely useful especially in aw against kms, icemans, emma frosts, etc. Cmm also has armor breaks but has to land hits which places her 2nd. Hyperion only has an armor break off his sp2 which puts him at the bottom. Based off immunities, Corvus trumps all of them as well since he has more immunities than both cmm and hype.

    Venom has an eleven second armor break on heavy attacks. That compares favorably to Corvus' four second armor break on well-timed block and CMM's seven second armor break that has a 15% chance to trigger except on intercept (100%). Hyperion's armor break lasts fifteen seconds, but it requires SP2 attacks as you mention.

    On top of that, Venom can nullify buffs in general with SP1. So Venom has two ways to remove armor buffs (i.e. Iceman), and one way to remove armor passives that can be armor broken (i.e. Killmonger).
    This is where rng can be annoying, if you have a really good build, you can get rid of a really good buff for an armor break.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 284 ★★
    Hyperion
    Shrimkins said:

    Ahitlaw said:

    Hype depends on RNG more than corvus or sparkles. Gonna assume Hype gonna get popular vote cause many more own him as he’s an older champ.

    I have both on r5 and hype is much better. With the NF synergy it's a close call but again, hype is a beast all by himself.

    His damage is far better, doesn't require ramp up, his power gain allows for easy intercepting, regen, DoT with incinerate, stun lock with L2...

    The list goes on and on.
    Same, both at R5. Hyperion all day long.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 231
    Venom
    I like seeing that this almost turned into a pro-Venom thread! I want to add that Venom is basically a cosmic, skill, and mystic class rolled into one sustainable champ. For pure damage, he’s simply not the best out there. However, you just get so much bang for your buck when using up a slot for him.
  • May_The_WayMay_The_Way Posts: 717 ★★★
    Corvus Glaive
    Ahitlaw said:

    Had to go with Corvus, only because I hate playing with champions that rely on heavy attacks, but you can’t chain specials off their heavies.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 715 ★★

    I have all 3 but i gotta say i love hyperion since my nooby playstyle allows me to back into the corner and fire specials. He has by far the best power gain in the game which imo puts him at the highest
    Its highly debatable but hyperion might be able to outdamage both cmm and corvus since his furies have no limit although it is much faster and easier to get insane damage from corvus and cmm (also takes some time to build 25 charges)
    Arguably, utility is more important than outright damage and even tho i voted hyperion as the best cosmic, cmm and corvus have slightly more utility. In this scenario, corvus has by far the most utility out of these 3 since he places armor break from well timed blocks. This is extremely useful especially in aw against kms, icemans, emma frosts, etc. Cmm also has armor breaks but has to land hits which places her 2nd. Hyperion only has an armor break off his sp2 which puts him at the bottom. Based off immunities, Corvus trumps all of them as well since he has more immunities than both cmm and hype.
    So really imo, I’d say Hype>/=Cmm>/=corvus for damage
    For utility Corvus>cmm>hype

    I disagree with you slightly about your utility comparison. I would argue that hyperion's power gain and ability to go the entire fight only using specials is valuable utility in itself
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    Captain Marvel(movie)
    How is corvus the only suicide friendly of the 3? Sparkles literally bypasses recoil with her sp2 at the start of every fight, given you’re good enough to end every fight at 23-25 charges..and gets rid of the bleed..
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,057 ★★★★
    Captain Marvel(movie)
    Call me when Hyp can handle thorns, recoil and so many other abilities. Brie Larsen/Sam Jackson/Ryan Reynolds is the best Trinity in the game and it's not that close. Keep CMM at 23-24 charges from fight to fight and she destroys everything with no RNG needed and regens like crazy at the start of every fight, plus Nick Fury is a Top 10 champ as well who also gives you other good synergies. That's ABSOLUTELY something to consider when you're comparing champs.
Sign In or Register to comment.