**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold problem

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You literally didn't hear anything I said, did you?
    Mike192 said:

I did but you are saying people who dont grind arena have more gold. I never denied that but your completely overlooked the source of it, Cavs and selling ISO from it. At the same time, saying 'limiting rewards so that top tier players dont get away with it' is fully misleading because the ones who spend money get away with it. You know how they really aren't getting away with it? By limiting T5CC which Kabam is doing already. Saying gold should be limited because there is easier access to cats is counter intuitive and Kabam certainly didn't design it that way otherwise they would have simply limited access to cats and not have this discussion going about gold.

I offered a simple solution, buff the gold rewards from arena crystals because they havent done that in the 2.5+ years Ive been playing from. That way people who say 'grind arena' for gold can actually grind for gold and not still be in situations like mine.
    Your quote is not accurate. I didn't say anything about getting away with anything. I said putting all the Resources needed in one demographic would break the game.
    Since it's not going over, Imma try this another way.
    Gold isn't limited. There's literally a continuous supply. It is 100% spending habits. The real limiting Resource is T5CC because that is the most scarce.
    What my point was, that was missed, was there's always going to be something we're waiting on. Let's look at a hypothetical. Top Tier gets all the highest Champs, all the highest Resources, and all the Gold they need to Rank those Champs.
    In 6 months time, they've progressed immensely because there's literally nothing stopping them. The people under them will never catch up because they're earning....let's say 80% of that. No matter how hard they play, they will never get that 20%, and by the time they do, they've missed out on the amount of progress between that time and the time they have it.
    Under them, we have Allies working at 60% who may progress to the 80% percentile, but will never pass that because the Top Tier holds the 100% of everything they need. On top of that, that 100% consists of the highest Rarity, selection, and quantity of Champs, with unlimited means to Rank them, so there's no stopping them, and no catching up.
    Is this sinking in at all?
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

I did but you are saying people who dont grind arena have more gold. I never denied that but your completely overlooked the source of it, Cavs and selling ISO from it. At the same time, saying 'limiting rewards so that top tier players dont get away with it' is fully misleading because the ones who spend money get away with it. You know how they really aren't getting away with it? By limiting T5CC which Kabam is doing already. Saying gold should be limited because there is easier access to cats is counter intuitive and Kabam certainly didn't design it that way otherwise they would have simply limited access to cats and not have this discussion going about gold.

I offered a simple solution, buff the gold rewards from arena crystals because they havent done that in the 2.5+ years Ive been playing from. That way people who say 'grind arena' for gold can actually grind for gold and not still be in situations like mine.
    Your quote is not accurate. I didn't say anything about getting away with anything. I said putting all the Resources needed in one demographic would break the game.
    Since it's not going over, Imma try this another way.
    Gold isn't limited. There's literally a continuous supply. It is 100% spending habits. The real limiting Resource is T5CC because that is the most scarce.
    What my point was, that was missed, was there's always going to be something we're waiting on. Let's look at a hypothetical. Top Tier gets all the highest Champs, all the highest Resources, and all the Gold they need to Rank those Champs.
    In 6 months time, they've progressed immensely because there's literally nothing stopping them. The people under them will never catch up because they're earning....let's say 80% of that. No matter how hard they play, they will never get that 20%, and by the time they do, they've missed out on the amount of progress between that time and the time they have it.
    Under them, we have Allies working at 60% who may progress to the 80% percentile, but will never pass that because the Top Tier holds the 100% of everything they need. On top of that, that 100% consists of the highest Rarity, selection, and quantity of Champs, with unlimited means to Rank them, so there's no stopping them, and no catching up.
    Is this sinking in at all?
    Here is your quote:

B.) The ease of access to the highest Rewards is EXACTLY why there's a need for a limiting Resource.
    C.) I'm saying that End-Game Players would advance too fast if there wasn't some limitation that they need to wait on. Meaning they would break the game without those limitations (like Gold).

Ok I understand what you are saying but that again doesnt answer the question. Kabam is already limiting the T5CC which stops them from creating that gap you are describing. My situation can also be applied to mid tier player. So again, your argument isnt a good point in order to say why they are slowing the drop of Gold (especially when Kabam themselves are working on updating the drops and access).

Your point focuses on catch up which to be honest isnt too hard. 3 months back I was 9k prestige player in Gold 1, Map 5 alliance. BUT due to the fact that I did a lot of Arena, I hoarded around 12k units, got a 100% in var 3, var 4, 6.2 and 6.3 and now I am a 'top tier' player since I am close to 10.6k prestige and have access to something similar to Plat 1 or even Master players. At the same time, Lagacy didnt really create a huge gap between him and me (for example). He may have gone up in more number of R5s but prestige wise (which is most important) he only benefited from Abyss. If there wasn't Abyss, I have pretty much 'caught up' with top tier players. HOWEVER, if I was in the gold situation I am right now, that would have stopped me from catching up.
    They are working on ways to make Gold more available. They've also made it more available. There isn't enough ways to satiate the need when people are spending it faster than they can make it.
    I didn't say anything about slowing down the drop of Gold. It drops as you play. Quests, Arena, etc. It's the one Resource that will continue to accumulate. No one is slowing anything down. It's there. The problem is, if people are ignoring lower Rarities and only Ranking the higher ones, you're going to run through it fast.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    I lack gold, mainly because so many champs are fun to play, and i just want to rank up as many as i can lol
    Introduction of dungeons, glory, more gold from AW, AQ, the amount of gold injected is, indeed as kabam miike claimed, increased compared to the past.
    It’s just me not managing my resources well lol
    You can make them Ranking 2, 3, and 4*s too. You also don't need to hit every one.
    Mike192 said:

You can make them Ranking 2, 3, and 4*s too. You also don't need to hit every one.

Yes, I try to go as low as I can. Saying 'you dont need to hit every one' isn't a valid argument. There is a reason Kabam intended it to be in the game so people level up. Everything Kabam offers has a justification and clear goal.
    They offer Level-Up on a rotating randomizer schedule, and it's there for everyone at any progress level. They don't intend that people hit every one. That's a choice.
    Plus, if you Grind 6 hours a day, I highly doubt you're depending on those 25 Units a week very much.
    I wasn't really going for appealing. I was going for enlightening, but it's evident that there's a lack of introspect, and the only acceptable response is "More Gold.".
    Being rude isn't going to change the fact that there isn't a defecit of Gold in the game. This argument comes up repeatedly, and it's always met with the same response. "System is at fault. There's not enough."
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    So this non-issue is back again, great.....not.
    Every few weeks there’s a recurring subject where a portion of the players insist there’s a problem, shortage of (gold, catalysts, iso, crystals, quest energy, hours in a day, unicorns) and on the opposite side the respons/arguments all basically come down to the importance of managing resources. Manage it right, plan, prioritize, feed your unicorns at the right time.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

DNA3000 said:

If you're stopping at exactly the last 4* basic milestone (1.5 million), I would consider pushing just a few rounds more to snag the basic champ. The basic 4* will generally be a dup, and that's 24 big ISO bricks. That's quite a bit of gold twice a week. A tier 5 ISO brick sells for 2500 gold, times 24 is 60k gold. 60k gold twice a week times four weeks is almost half a million gold a month. For an average of 300k more points in that arena, that's a big chunk of gold within reach (if you aren't doing that already and only hitting the milestones as mentioned).

Sorry, but that's terrible advice because it's just wrong. Basic 4* awards just 1 signature level to your 4* if you dupe him, and no iso or anything else. You sure post a lot to not know that.
    He said 24 ISO bricks, not Sig levels.
    You don't get ISO from a Basic arena champ dupe...
    Ive never gotten a champ from arena. All I ever remember is they made a change to the dupe process from arena. But that was years ago.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,980 ★★★★★
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

There's a very simple solution to Gold - Arena, or Units. Just because you don't like the solutions, doesn't mean they're not there.

You don't have to do ridiculous arena grinds with any kind of regularity to build up Battlechips fairly quickly, not to mention the potential to sell ISO from duping champions as well as various Gold Crystals.

I have been doing Arena, 4* 5* featured and 4* basic as well for 5 months now and still have gold problem.

5* feat - 15.5m
    4* feat - 4.8m
    4* basic - 1.5m
    T4B/T1A - milestones

I go for UC Arena crystals. Still not enough gold
    Mostly likely because you are grinding arena, you are ranking up any and all champs to get higher scores faster. That's counter-intuitive. Gold is as much part of resource management as any other rank up material. This game isn't built to rank up your entire roster at your leasure. It's a progression based game both in roster and content.
    Agreed, however, if I only rank up champs during Lvl up events, albeit sometimes overkill the Lvl up score due to the rankup being a 5* Im taking to R5, it should at least be ample. In essence, even if you grind arena A LOT, you dont have enough access to gold than you do to the rankup resources you now receive.

Typically, if availability of rank up resources go up (which they have due to map 6/7) the requirement for gold goes up as well even if you only stick to ranking up champions that you will use or 'god-tier'. But we only saw resource availability increase, but not gold otherwise we wont see such posts as often.
    Gold is way more abundant than any other rank up resource which is why we saw the increase in T1/2A's, T4B and T4CC. The gold problem for you is that you NEED your champs ranked for arena. You're out pacing yourself for gold whereas if you slow your rank up's, you'll see more gold. Not every champ needs to be taken to R2/R3. There isn't a gold problem, just a resource management problem.
    Not really, over the last 1.5 years, AQ rewards have been updated twice and AW maybe 3 times? Gold only received 1 update. So the facts suggest that rank up resources are more accessible than Gold. I dont take every champ to R2/R3, only the ones I feel are useful even at R3 and those are usually 1 in 6-7 crystal openings.

You cant disagree with the fact that Rank up Resources are more accessible (as well as 5/6* crystals) than they were even a year ago. But the Gold payout is not as high, even for someone who grinds almost all arena (except 3*) regularly and has a sigil.

Remember after we got Cavalier status, we got access to better odds of receiving 5/6* champs? Remember that happening to the UC Gold crystals or the UC Arena crystals? Nope, not me.
    But are you ranking each new champ to full rank 1? Are you pumping ISO into all new 4/5/6* champs to level 25?
    Yes, but only during the Lvl up event which is 1-2 times a week at most. I only get 6* once in 6-8 weeks.
    Seeing as 6*'s are over 500k in gold, why rank them if you aren't using them?
    So let me get this straight.

1. I spend over 6 hours a day grinding arena
    2. I do ALL arenas (except 3* featured)
    3. I do most of the temporary content (no beginner/medium EQ) every month and 100% side quests
    4. I do all dungeon milestones

But I still dont have 530k gold in spare to Lvl 25 my 6* every 6-8 weeks? And thats my fault for not spending money and selling ISO to get gold? Is that what you are incentivizing by your comment? To not spend gold even if you play this game like a full time job, do EVERYTHING Kabam says to get more gold and still feel low on gold if you level up champs solely during level up events which are at most 6 times a month?

Instead of defending Kabam, you should go back and look at the facts which are straight, AQ had rank up resources bump about 2 times in the last 16 months, probably 4 times in 2.5 years. AW had rewards bump twice as well in 2 years. 5* and 6* shards became more accessible and Kabam did a GREAT JOB introducing some amazing champions over the past 2 years. Gold had no bump, only realignment in arena milestones so you dont have to do all milestones. Yes, they did introduce dungeons which give 75k gold per 3 days but that at most offsets the gold required to level up 6* to Lvl 22.
    I don't know what to tell you then. I don't grind arena and I usually have a enough gold to sustain rank ups that I need. Im not swimming in gold but I always have enough to do what I need to do with rankings and donations.
    Sure, but we all agree that rankup resources are more available than gold which hasnt been updated for a while. So I am glad Kabam is offering gold solutions in the next few updates because saying 'grind arena' is not always the answer.
    For me, it's just balancing who I want to rank vs what I have. I'm behind on completing content so I'm usually short on t2a more often than I'm short of gold.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Gold is perfectly fine unless your ranking up every champ you get. If your anything like me, there's periods where you don't have anyone to upgrade and just kinda save up gold doing nothing
    EDIT: If there is a resource that you should be complaining about, it's catalysts
    EDIT: or ISO for medium level accounts
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★

added the Golden Circle quest with the Sigil,

While I agree with the point you made, please don’t ever mention the sigil as a source of gold... or anything really. It puts a bad look on you & your company. Might as well as said “we offered you more gold, if only you weren’t broke & could muster up $10 a month.” When players go looking for more gold, we all know they are looking for farmable game modes, not for what’s on sale.
    Speak for yourself. I am glad the sigil offers gold to help my supply. It is one of many sources to get gold. Also it's not just handed to sigil owners. You still have to play the game to get it.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    I'm sitting on more rank up gems than you can shake a stick at.
    I don't rank up any champs for the sake of it and have some 6* sat at 1/25 that I have no intention of levelling up.
    The lack of gold is just a bit frustrating, I guess there are a lot of people in the same position. Quite far into the game (ranking 5* to r5 and 6* to R2), spend a lot of time in the game but don't want to endlessly grind arena.
    AW season rewards were recently updated, platinum alliances get a few t2a now, surely it wouldn't hurt to add some gold to the season rewards.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    edited February 2020

Not every resource in this game can be plentiful because if it was, there would be nothing to aim for, and players would get bored and leave. Resource management is an important part of the game and will continue to be in the future.

As a new player, I had a somewhat visceral reaction to the "new players are skipping 4 stars" comment because it hit home with where I'm at.

Here's the issue:

1. 5 star shards are everywhere. I'm not saying this is good or bad, it's just a fact. Since I got uncollected I'm opening 3 or so 5 star crystals per month.
    2. The resource cost to rank a 5* to r3 is almost the exact same as ranking a 4* to r5 except it costs more t1 alpha, 1 more t4cc and less t4bc.
    3. T1 alpha is very easy to get. You get them passively from alliance activities. I never worry about running out of t1 alpha.
    4. T4CC is very hard to get and t4bc is easier but still relatively hard to get especially 5 at a time.

In other words, an r3 5* is more powerful, has more longevity and about equal in terms of how easy they are to rank. An r5 4* costs too many resources for not enough power given that they are banned from act 6.

I think the mistake here was making t1 alpha so easy to get while t4 catalysts are so hard to get. If 4* didn't take t1 alpha and it was harder to get and simultaneously there was a more viable way to farm t4 catalysts then people would more readily rank up 4 star champs. As it is right now it's a strictly worse decision to spend your materials on a 4* once you have enough 4* to beat content that gives you 5* shards. Also, 4* signature stones and 4* rank up gems are very hard to come by inexplicably.

Btw I know map 5 and up give more catalysts but I think the idea that I need to change alliances to rank up 4 star heroes after becoming Uncollected is honestly wrong. I don't want to leave my alliance I just want the resource progression to make sense so I can steadily progress instead of waiting on login calendars and random chance to give me the t4cc I want.

As a result I have about a million 4/40 4 stars and everything else is 5* r3 because this is strictly the superior way to manage your resources and as you note this is a resource management game.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    As an end game player, I really appreciate the thoughts of a low tier retired player on the economy of the game.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    I can't get enough gold and isos (of the class I need). So, I had to buy the bundle on offer, to sell some isos and rank 5-Star unawakened Iceman to rank 4 and sell all remaining isos to get gold.

Silly move I think but that's what I did.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Not every resource in this game can be plentiful because if it was, there would be nothing to aim for, and players would get bored and leave. Resource management is an important part of the game and will continue to be in the future.

As a new player, I had a somewhat visceral reaction to the "new players are skipping 4 stars" comment because it hit home with where I'm at.

Here's the issue:

1. 5 star shards are everywhere. I'm not saying this is good or bad, it's just a fact. Since I got uncollected I'm opening 3 or so 5 star crystals per month.
    2. The resource cost to rank a 5* to r3 is almost the exact same as ranking a 4* to r5 except it costs more t1 alpha, 1 more t4cc and less t4bc.
    3. T1 alpha is very easy to get. You get them passively from alliance activities. I never worry about running out of t1 alpha.
    4. T4CC is very hard to get and t4bc is easier but still relatively hard to get especially 5 at a time.

In other words, an r3 5* is more powerful, has more longevity and about equal in terms of how easy they are to rank. An r5 4* costs too many resources for not enough power given that they are banned from act 6.

I think the mistake here was making t1 alpha so easy to get while t4 catalysts are so hard to get. If 4* didn't take t1 alpha and it was harder to get and simultaneously there was a more viable way to farm t4 catalysts then people would more readily rank up 4 star champs. As it is right now it's a strictly worse decision to spend your materials on a 4* once you have enough 4* to beat content that gives you 5* shards. Also, 4* signature stones and 4* rank up gems are very hard to come by inexplicably.

Btw I know map 5 and up give more catalysts but I think the idea that I need to change alliances to rank up 4 star heroes after becoming Uncollected is honestly wrong. I don't want to leave my alliance I just want the resource progression to make sense so I can steadily progress instead of waiting on login calendars and random chance to give me the t4cc I want.

As a result I have about a million 4/40 4 stars and everything else is 5* r3 because this is strictly the superior way to manage your resources and as you note this is a resource management game.
    Lol wait until you move up and then talk about how frequently t1a comes and infrequently t4c comes. Every level of this game has a different bottleneck
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited February 2020

I actually think that replacing the current Sunday quest with alternating halls of healing with halls of fortune would be a great way for them to inject a little more gold and not compromise their mindset whilst giving us a little victory

It actually would be very easy as it’s been done many times before

Considering the Sunday daily quests have become utter excrement since they spread out the rewards to minimal of everything and nothing full, I'd gladly see them go bye bye for something worthwhile. Never understood the change in the first place. Was much nicer get a full cat than minimal shards of a bunch of cats.
    Mike192 said:

Thecurler said:

I'm sitting on more rank up gems than you can shake a stick at.
    I don't rank up any champs for the sake of it and have some 6* sat at 1/25 that I have no intention of levelling up.
    The lack of gold is just a bit frustrating, I guess there are a lot of people in the same position. Quite far into the game (ranking 5* to r5 and 6* to R2), spend a lot of time in the game but don't want to endlessly grind arena.
    AW season rewards were recently updated, platinum alliances get a few t2a now, surely it wouldn't hurt to add some gold to the season rewards.

Similar position but I am glad Kabam acknowledged that there is a problem. Either way, people who say Kabam is right, Players always wrong, will understand that this is kabam acknowledging and making changes to gold. Cant wait for it!
    Did they say there was a problem, or did they say the topic of Gold is always as sensitive issue?