**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gold problem

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Thecurler said:

I'm sitting on more rank up gems than you can shake a stick at.
    I don't rank up any champs for the sake of it and have some 6* sat at 1/25 that I have no intention of levelling up.
    The lack of gold is just a bit frustrating, I guess there are a lot of people in the same position. Quite far into the game (ranking 5* to r5 and 6* to R2), spend a lot of time in the game but don't want to endlessly grind arena.
    AW season rewards were recently updated, platinum alliances get a few t2a now, surely it wouldn't hurt to add some gold to the season rewards.

Similar position but I am glad Kabam acknowledged that there is a problem. Either way, people who say Kabam is right, Players always wrong, will understand that this is kabam acknowledging and making changes to gold. Cant wait for it!
    Did they say there was a problem, or did they say the topic of Gold is always as sensitive issue?
    'Yes we understand and there some changes coming to access to gold' So you can interpret as you want but it clears they see it as a problem otherwise they wouldnt bump.
    "That said, we know that gold is a specifically touchy subject, and are working on it. There has been a lot more gold injected into the system in the past and has become easier to access, but you are going to have to work for it. We've moved the Gold rewards in Arenas down to the earlier milestones, added more Gold Crystals to rewards, added the Golden Circle quest with the Sigil, and removed the Gold cost of Alliance Wars Map 4 completely when we introduced Map 7.

There are also more ways of gaining gold coming in the future, but you will still have to play and earn it. One of those ways is with improvements we have coming to Dungeons. You can look forward to that in a few months."
    No matter how many changes they make, they can't account for how people spend it.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    edited February 2020

Lol wait until you move up and then talk about how frequently t1a comes and infrequently t4c comes. Every level of this game has a different bottleneck

You missed the point of my post. Idc if there's a bottleneck to ranking 5*. I care that the same bottleneck for 5* bottlenecks my 4* so obviously I'm not gonna rank my 4*. When you're unable because of bottlenecks to rank the next tier (5* for uncollected, 6* for cavalier) then you should at least be able to farm resources to rank *the tier you already beat the content for*. Or, if you're not down with that, don't be shocked that Uncollected people stop ranking 4* heroes.

If it was different bottlenecks then that would make sense but since they overlap so heavily it's a strictly bad decision to rank 4* champs to 5/50.
    Mike192 said:

No matter how many changes they make, they can't account for how people spend it.

Their goal with this change is not to be held accountable for people who dont know how to spend but people who do grind arena and yet aren't left with enough gold.
    I'm sorry but that's entirely projection. You're applying your own perspective to what was said. You keep reaffirming that you Grind the Arena and overlooking your spending habits. You aren't left with enough Gold because you're spending it. Plain and simple. It doesn't evaporate.
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Their goal with this change is not to be held accountable for people who dont know how to spend but people who do grind arena and yet aren't left with enough gold.
    I'm sorry but that's entirely projection. You're applying your own perspective to what was said. You keep reaffirming that you Grind the Arena and overlooking your spending habits. You aren't left with enough Gold because you're spending it. Plain and simple. It doesn't evaporate.
    Kabams response was 'work for gold' which I do by doing all arena (except 3*) and still dont have enough left for max milestones lvl up events and 1 R5 each month. If spending habits was an issue, why would Kabam buff the rewards/gold drops?

I can say the same, you just keep implying Kabam good, players wrong. And even Kabam agrees that they have to fx (and are) the gold problem so....???
    I didn't say Kabam good, Players wrong. I said you're running out because you're spending it. If you're Grinding and running out, then it's going somewhere. Before I retired, I was making at least 500k a week in the Arena, sometimes a Mil if I pushed it. Never went below 5 Mil at most. That's because I kept a prudent reserve and didn't spend until I had Gold above that. It's simple economics. If you want to keep it, you have to save it. Aside from Donations, and minimal Arena costs, there's really no way it can vanish. Which means you're spending it somehow. All the Gold in the world, earnable or not, won't matter unless you look at where you're spending it.
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Kabams response was 'work for gold' which I do by doing all arena (except 3*) and still dont have enough left for max milestones lvl up events and 1 R5 each month. If spending habits was an issue, why would Kabam buff the rewards/gold drops?

I can say the same, you just keep implying Kabam good, players wrong. And even Kabam agrees that they have to fx (and are) the gold problem so....???
    I didn't say Kabam good, Players wrong. I said you're running out because you're spending it. If you're Grinding and running out, then it's going somewhere. Before I retired, I was making at least 500k a week in the Arena, sometimes a Mil if I pushed it. Never went below 5 Mil at most. That's because I kept a prudent reserve and didn't spend until I had Gold above that. It's simple economics. If you want to keep it, you have to save it. Aside from Donations, and minimal Arena costs, there's really no way it can vanish. Which means you're spending it somehow. All the Gold in the world, earnable or not, won't matter unless you look at where you're spending it.
    300k gold donations each week for map 6. There goes more than 50% of the gold you earned, and yes, I earn around that much. Hitting the level up milestones cost around 150k gold. And if you are taking 1 champ to R5 each month, you are broke pretty much. There's the math.
    BINGO. If you're taking a Champ to R5 each month, then "There's your sign!".
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

300k gold donations each week for map 6. There goes more than 50% of the gold you earned, and yes, I earn around that much. Hitting the level up milestones cost around 150k gold. And if you are taking 1 champ to R5 each month, you are broke pretty much. There's the math.
    Yep, so that brings me back to the same point. Buff rewards for 5 n 6 star and rank up resources but not gold. Hence Kabam understood and is buffing gold because it became disproportionate.
    Taking a 5* to R5 or a 6* to R2 each month is not reasonable.
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Yep, so that brings me back to the same point. Buff rewards for 5 n 6 star and rank up resources but not gold. Hence Kabam understood and is buffing gold because it became disproportionate.
    Lol? Thats what a player who doesn't play at top tier level would say. If you dont R5 a champ once every 2 months even, you start overflowing in t2a and t5b. So much for wasting your time grinding for these resources only to have them expire due to no gold.
    "You even Top Tier bruh?"
    I'm telling you, that's not a reasonable pace to be Maxing 5*s.
    What is that? Reverse psychology? Are we in The Twilight Zone? Lol. You want to refuse to accept that the problem is spending too fast, be my guest. You might realize it when their changes don't make a difference. You might not. It's your Gold.
    I'm 99% sure they won't accommodate that expectation.
    You just said your expectation is to Max a 5* a month because "Top Tier". Well, I'm saying that's faster than people should be taking 5*s to Max. Re: My conversation about pacing.
    Those expectations and demands are created by Players, not the game itself. Sometimes people want to grow faster than the design allows.
    So far, the only changes they've eluded to is Dungeons. I can't see it being something that yields numbers that add up to what you think.
  • bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★

If you're referring to the video by Dorky Diggedy Dave, I don't think that the Gold Question was dodged, but was made more generic to include all resources.

Not every resource in this game can be plentiful because if it was, there would be nothing to aim for, and players would get bored and leave. Resource management is an important part of the game and will continue to be in the future.

That said, we know that gold is a specifically touchy subject, and are working on it. There has been a lot more gold injected into the system in the past and has become easier to access, but you are going to have to work for it. We've moved the Gold rewards in Arenas down to the earlier milestones, added more Gold Crystals to rewards, added the Golden Circle quest with the Sigil, and removed the Gold cost of Alliance Wars Map 4 completely when we introduced Map 7.

There are also more ways of gaining gold coming in the future, but you will still have to play and earn it. One of those ways is with improvements we have coming to Dungeons. You can look forward to that in a few months.

Gold crystals.... ****... Your crystal drop rates are worse.. from this gold crystals we'll get only 2400 or 4800 which is not at all enough to build a rank 2 of a 2*..
  • Gold is not an issue to me. Siting on 10M for more than a year. F2P.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I don't understand how people don't get this. Spending time in Arena already provides such a great advantage;
    New Champions - You get to use them much earlier than most of the playerbase
    Units - Battlechips give units you can use to clear content which rewards shards, resources etc for progression
    Gold - You can get massive amounts which you use for rankup.. also for progression
    AQ - Because you have battlechips and gold you can donate freely for higher level maps to get resources also for progression. You aren't losing out on other resources like loyalty that people trade for gold donations so you can buy what ever boost you like (loyalty store) which also means you are more likely to perform better in AW
    ISO - Premium hero shards and duping champs gives variety of iso for more efficient rankup

All these advantages you already have but you don't want other players to get an increase in gold? Whether you have 90M or 200M gold an extra 5M which would make a difference for non-arena/non-spender would be meaningless to you. These players are already lacking progression from soo many avenues but you don't want them to have an extra rankup? From gold nonetheless, not like catalysts or shards
    Catalyst bottlenecks are a normal and understandable. Just a few weeks ago, players were complaining about the increase in T5B but not T2A. but 6* shards were increased and Kabam were probably pushing them towards ranking those. A year ago it was T1a that was a major bottleneck because 5* shards were released and players were ranking those rather than 4*.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

WRONG.
    gohard123 said:

I don't understand how people don't get this. Spending time in Arena already provides such a great advantage;
    Units - Battlechips give units you can use to clear content which rewards shards, resources etc for progression
    Gold - You can get massive amounts which you use for rankup.. also for progression
    AQ - Because you have battlechips and gold you can donate freely for higher level maps to get resources also for progression. You aren't losing out on other resources like loyalty that people trade for gold donations so you can buy what ever boost you like (loyalty store) which also means you are more likely to perform better in AW
    ISO - Premium hero shards and duping champs gives variety of iso for more efficient rankup

All these advantages you already have but you don't want other players to get an increase in gold? Whether you have 90M or 200M gold an extra 5M which would make a difference for non-arena/non-spender would be meaningless to you. These players are already lacking progression from soo many avenues but you don't want them to have an extra rankup? From gold nonetheless, not like catalysts or shards

That's not an unfair advantage. That's called earnings.

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Did I say it was unfair?
    gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Did I say it was unfair?
    No, but implying they have an advantage and something needs to be added to balance that implies it. People Grind for it. That's why. They earn it.
    If Johnny Appleseed puts in more hours than me on the job site and earns more money, he's going to have a financial advantage over me. I can't expect my boss to counteract that.