War counted towards season??

1679111214

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,806 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

    This season has become such a cluster#%[email protected]!!! With so many problems I just think they should stop the season. Send out a comp package with pots and boosts and start it over. It wouldn't be fair to give out rank rewards since we don't know who should be at what rank considering all the issues and now the matchmaking fiasco.

    Rank Rewards are simply based on Points. It's the same as an Arena. You don't place in an Arena based on who should be where. Same with Seasons. You don't occupy a placement automatically, or by default. You place based on the Points you put up compared to the Points others put up. No one is entitled to a placement because that's what they always get. They always get that placement because of the Points they earn. That sounds a bit wordy, but what I'm basically saying is, there's no such thing as should. There's just what the results show.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,806 ★★★★★
    Neotwism said:

    Neotwism said:

    This season has become such a cluster#%[email protected]!!! With so many problems I just think they should stop the season. Send out a comp package with pots and boosts and start it over. It wouldn't be fair to give out rank rewards since we don't know who should be at what rank considering all the issues and now the matchmaking fiasco.

    Rank Rewards are simply based on Points. It's the same as an Arena. You don't place in an Arena based on who should be where. Same with Seasons. You don't occupy a placement automatically, or by default. You place based on the Points you put up compared to the Points others put up. No one is entitled to a placement because that's what they always get. They always get that placement because of the Points they earn. That sounds a bit wordy, but what I'm basically saying is, there's no such thing as should. There's just what the results show.
    If 2 teams are close to first place and 1 team misses a war because matchmaking starts early, I don't think it's right that one team is declared the winner. That's just my opinion. Why do u feel the need to reply to every comment? Everyone knows your views on this AW season. Kabam does no wrong and u can't be wrong. That about sums it up.
    That's not what I said at all. I didn't even mention anything about the Timer issue. That's obviously an error. The Timer in-game clearly hadn't been updated to reflect DST, and the server automatically does. That would be my guess. I could have pointed out that it's probably best not to wait until the last minute, but the Timer displayed was off. I wasn't talking about that specifically. I said there is no such thing as should. You get out of it what you put into it. There's an underlying assumption that Allies belong in certain Ranks because that's what they typically get, but in reality no one belongs anywhere until they earn the results.
  • DodgerDogDodgerDog Posts: 86
    How will our tier bonuses be adjusted if we got screwed out of a war?
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    Lohan33 said:


    I'm still waiting on how you can read this message and assume war rating wpuldnt be effected.

    This initial post was corrected by Miike to say they would not be affected and that post was an error.
  • @CurtisisGod1971 , you can check out this thread here (instead of your newer separate thread on same topic of that “short war”).
  • AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    edited March 2020
    Any updates? I sent an email and I was advised we will have updates this week and it is already thursday and the weekend is near. Not just war rating was affected and the multiplier, but now I wake up with ppl leaving as we dropped 500 positions!!!
  • ZENZEN Posts: 148
    Here's the sad part here for not stopping AW. We were in Tier Challenger when the glitch happened. We lost and dropped to Hard. We won the next AW and we're still in Tier Hard. So we're losing points again and again.
  • SociopathSociopath Posts: 102
    Another day same question, whats the update?
    I'm sure it was beginning of the week there would be a solution in the banner that was removed. Now its Thursday here and I can't see an update on the forums. In-fact the last I can find was two days ago and with no info of a solution.
    A little communication would be appreciated by alot of AW players. I understand there is various things that is taking up time i.e Cull/Namor, 6.4, Hour change and knock on effect to some alliances, but all in all this happened a while ago and we're just about to start another war, yet we lack any info/communication.
    As mods I can understand your frustration as well, but don't you guys have daily briefings and have some communications with other arms of the company?
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    @Kabam Miike as the season goes on it gets harder and harder to rectify this issue. It’s been radio silence as we “discuss amongst ourselves” in the forum.

    The longer it continues, the harder to undo. I have a proposal for you to consider as you look at resolving this.

    If you are not canceling the season (which seems to be the case) and you just let this continue knowing there are knock on impacts in all wars since war 4: Give alliances season rewards (when the season ends) based on the higher of the 2 ratings for season rewards. 1) their war ranking after war 4 or 2) their war ranking at the end of the season, whichever is higher. It’s not ideal and it still doesn’t account for the fact that alliances could have climbed beyond their war 4 ranking. It does, however, provide some safeguard to compensate alliances for your error.

    I feel bad for those alliances who team members are bailing due to no fault of their own. It could at least give them a reason to stay.
  • Hey all,

    I have some news for you, but there is probably still more to come.

    First, any Alliance that received a Loss or Tie for War 5 will be compensated with their War Rating returned.

    All Alliances that took Part in War 5 will receive Per War Reward Compensation (win/exploration rewards, unless you already received them).

    The Season Score for that war will be Removed from all Alliances.

    There are still issue that need to be addressed, and we will get to those as soon as we can.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,806 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the update Miike.
  • Verzz said:

    Hey all,

    I have some news for you, but there is probably still more to come.

    First, any Alliance that received a Loss or Tie for War 5 will be compensated with their War Rating returned.

    All Alliances that took Part in War 5 will receive Per War Reward Compensation (win/exploration rewards, unless you already received them).

    The Season Score for that war will be Removed from all Alliances.

    There are still issue that need to be addressed, and we will get to those as soon as we can.

    Will alliances that have won have their war rating reduced also?
    If it was War 5, yes. That was the "War that doesn't count"
  • Hey all,

    I have some news for you, but there is probably still more to come.

    First, any Alliance that received a Loss or Tie for War 5 will be compensated with their War Rating returned.

    All Alliances that took Part in War 5 will receive Per War Reward Compensation (win/exploration rewards, unless you already received them).

    The Season Score for that war will be Removed from all Alliances.

    There are still issue that need to be addressed, and we will get to those as soon as we can.

    Is there a plan on when this will happen?

    Thanks for the update either way.
    Not yet, but I'll let you know as soon as there is.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    edited March 2020
    Does War 5 count towards the 5 wars members have to participate in to qualify for season rewards?

    Hey all,

    I have some news for you, but there is probably still more to come.

    First, any Alliance that received a Loss or Tie for War 5 will be compensated with their War Rating returned.

    All Alliances that took Part in War 5 will receive Per War Reward Compensation (win/exploration rewards, unless you already received them).

    The Season Score for that war will be Removed from all Alliances.

    There are still issue that need to be addressed, and we will get to those as soon as we can.

  • Neotwism said:

    Does War 5 count towards the 5 wars members have to participate in to qualify for season rewards?

    Yes it does!
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the info!
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    Thanks for the update @Kabam Miike
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,806 ★★★★★
    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Hey all,

    I have some news for you, but there is probably still more to come.

    First, any Alliance that received a Loss or Tie for War 5 will be compensated with their War Rating returned.

    All Alliances that took Part in War 5 will receive Per War Reward Compensation (win/exploration rewards, unless you already received them).

    The Season Score for that war will be Removed from all Alliances.

    There are still issue that need to be addressed, and we will get to those as soon as we can.

    Will alliances that have won have their war rating reduced also?
    If it was War 5, yes. That was the "War that doesn't count"
    Well at least it is something. It does not address any of the cascading effects of not freezing the war rating of war 5 that resulted in many alliances near the cutoff of tiers being in the wrong tier for 2 wars at least. Will there be any type of plan for this?
    That's a bit more complex I think. Being on the cusp doesn't guarantee they will win and move up. Not saying nothing could or should be done. Just pointing out that it brings me back to one of my previous statements. It's hard to compensate potential. They might have won and gone up. They might have lost and not.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,806 ★★★★★
    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Verzz said:

    Hey all,

    I have some news for you, but there is probably still more to come.

    First, any Alliance that received a Loss or Tie for War 5 will be compensated with their War Rating returned.

    All Alliances that took Part in War 5 will receive Per War Reward Compensation (win/exploration rewards, unless you already received them).

    The Season Score for that war will be Removed from all Alliances.

    There are still issue that need to be addressed, and we will get to those as soon as we can.

    Will alliances that have won have their war rating reduced also?
    If it was War 5, yes. That was the "War that doesn't count"
    Well at least it is something. It does not address any of the cascading effects of not freezing the war rating of war 5 that resulted in many alliances near the cutoff of tiers being in the wrong tier for 2 wars at least. Will there be any type of plan for this?
    That's a bit more complex I think. Being on the cusp doesn't guarantee they will win and move up. Not saying nothing could or should be done. Just pointing out that it brings me back to one of my previous statements. It's hard to compensate potential. They might have won and gone up. They might have lost and not.
    I am talking about those on the cusp before war 5 and then because of the result of that war affecting war rating then moved a tier (either up or down) for war 6 where they should not have been. There is no “potential” here, it is what has already happened that I am talking about
    They're removing the results, refunding individual Rewards, refunding War Rating, and wiping any Points earned from War 5, so what you're talking about is potential.
This discussion has been closed.