General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

15960626465118

Comments

  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 177 ★★

    Tarzan041 said:

    Charnutz said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    My point is I have a lot of the same problems Seatin pointed out, I dread when AQ and AW starts. I like my alliance and the people in it, so I play to help them. I dont chase champions or care about crystal's any more. I rarely spend on the game any more, it is disheartening spending only to open a champ that I'll never have a use for. I stopped with story quest after becoming cavalier, I enjoy the monthly quest. My favorite content is any that involves just skill, I hate taking damage from bs nodes. The game is starting to be about chip away and unavoidable damage, in my opinion. My path in AQ is the bleed path I bring in 5 65 champs Electro or Void take half their health, without me getting hit once. AW I hate because we invest all the time and effort in it only to open champs I'll never use.

    You take non bleed immune down a bleed path in AQ and just eat the damage? That's easily avoidable, I honestly don't know why you brought that example up lol
    I bring three bleed immune champs, I know better than to bring a non immune champ. My problem is taking damage from a champ with out getting hit. Can you tell me a bleed immune champ that counters Electro?
    Namor negates the bleed and electro. Being the right champs for paths or send someone that has the right champs. Don't blame the developers for your poor choices
    It not poor choices, I run my path just fine. I don't like damage from not getting hit, if you do more power to you. Too much of the game is starting to revolve around unavoidable damage. I most of the time run my path in all 3 sections and take down some of the bosses.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 177 ★★

    Omega red also though he wouldn't be AS good for Void as Namor

    This may be a good option, I haven't tried him yet.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 835 ★★★


    You aren't possibly using corvus against void on a bleed node, are you?

    Lol, we've all messed up once and done it. I know I went into that fight two different days with omega red and didn't realize what I'd done until I was at about 4% and dying. Sometimes you just go on autopilot.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 177 ★★

    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Charnutz said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    My point is I have a lot of the same problems Seatin pointed out, I dread when AQ and AW starts. I like my alliance and the people in it, so I play to help them. I dont chase champions or care about crystal's any more. I rarely spend on the game any more, it is disheartening spending only to open a champ that I'll never have a use for. I stopped with story quest after becoming cavalier, I enjoy the monthly quest. My favorite content is any that involves just skill, I hate taking damage from bs nodes. The game is starting to be about chip away and unavoidable damage, in my opinion. My path in AQ is the bleed path I bring in 5 65 champs Electro or Void take half their health, without me getting hit once. AW I hate because we invest all the time and effort in it only to open champs I'll never use.

    You take non bleed immune down a bleed path in AQ and just eat the damage? That's easily avoidable, I honestly don't know why you brought that example up lol
    I bring three bleed immune champs, I know better than to bring a non immune champ. My problem is taking damage from a champ with out getting hit. Can you tell me a bleed immune champ that counters Electro?
    Namor negates the bleed and electro. Being the right champs for paths or send someone that has the right champs. Don't blame the developers for your poor choices
    It not poor choices, I run my path just fine. I don't like damage from not getting hit, if you do more power to you. Too much of the game is starting to revolve around unavoidable damage. I most of the time run my path in all 3 sections and take down some of the bosses.
    It's not unavoidable I literally just told you how to avoid it. Again, a poor choice made by you which for some reason you've now decided to even double down on.

    If you think a simple bleed node with electro on it is an example of BS unavoidable damage design please do us all a favor and quit now bc I hope I never have to read your posts once you get deep into Act 6
    Any damage you receive with out getting touched, is unavoidable. Electro, Korg, Havoc, Omega red Domino or any node that chips away damage is BS.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,557 ★★★★★
    Not really. It's called a challenge. Not every Fight will be won without taking any Damage. It's pretty much inevitable once you start adding more difficulty. There's only so far you can go with the limited mechanics of the game. Back, Forward, Block, Light, Medium, Heavy....
    Eventually you have to add something else to make it harder.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 5,018 ★★★★★
    One more item to add to the list of things that need a tune-up: pop-ups.

    Apparently, the game team has concluded pop-up offers are so popular they actually pop up twice now (and probably should carry one of those “may cause seizures” warnings). Usually before you’re even able to see what your crystal popping results were. Sometimes multiple offers at once—not as bad as the 6 at one time I had, but still more than I’d like to be spammed with.

    Suggestion: just make an “Offers” tab. Then we can cruise over there to see if we want to top off our T1 cosmic cats or pay a few hundred units for a fraction of a fraction of a higher catalyst.

    Dr. Zola
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 368 ★★★
    Another example of the problem with this game comes out today.

    The sig stone bundle for 6* sig stones complete trash. So much more than it was a year ago. In the midst of all this feedback about current game state they release a 50.00 (US currency) bundle that is horrendous!

    And we wonder why the community continues to be outraged.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 177 ★★

    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Charnutz said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    My point is I have a lot of the same problems Seatin pointed out, I dread when AQ and AW starts. I like my alliance and the people in it, so I play to help them. I dont chase champions or care about crystal's any more. I rarely spend on the game any more, it is disheartening spending only to open a champ that I'll never have a use for. I stopped with story quest after becoming cavalier, I enjoy the monthly quest. My favorite content is any that involves just skill, I hate taking damage from bs nodes. The game is starting to be about chip away and unavoidable damage, in my opinion. My path in AQ is the bleed path I bring in 5 65 champs Electro or Void take half their health, without me getting hit once. AW I hate because we invest all the time and effort in it only to open champs I'll never use.

    You take non bleed immune down a bleed path in AQ and just eat the damage? That's easily avoidable, I honestly don't know why you brought that example up lol
    I bring three bleed immune champs, I know better than to bring a non immune champ. My problem is taking damage from a champ with out getting hit. Can you tell me a bleed immune champ that counters Electro?
    Namor negates the bleed and electro. Being the right champs for paths or send someone that has the right champs. Don't blame the developers for your poor choices
    It not poor choices, I run my path just fine. I don't like damage from not getting hit, if you do more power to you. Too much of the game is starting to revolve around unavoidable damage. I most of the time run my path in all 3 sections and take down some of the bosses.
    It's not unavoidable I literally just told you how to avoid it. Again, a poor choice made by you which for some reason you've now decided to even double down on.

    If you think a simple bleed node with electro on it is an example of BS unavoidable damage design please do us all a favor and quit now bc I hope I never have to read your posts once you get deep into Act 6
    Any damage you receive with out getting touched, is unavoidable. Electro, Korg, Havoc, Omega red Domino or any node that chips away damage is BS.
    Man if you think a game that gives you a simple problem and multiple solutions is BS you are playing the wrong game. That combination isn't even annoying or difficult let alone BS. That's like MCOC problem solving 101 to be honest. If you really think that is that bad, I'm dead serious when I say save yourself the trouble and just stop now
    I don't think you're smart enough to understand the point of what I'm saying. I don't think anyone has the time to explain it to you. This thread is people talking about what they like or don't like, I stated what i didn't like. If you like it, that's fine others may like it that fine too. Not all of us has to like or dislike the same thing's. I have been playing long enough and see the direction of the game, I don't like the way it's going with new champs and nodes. Everything is starting to revolve around chip away damage.
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 177 ★★

    Not really. It's called a challenge. Not every Fight will be won without taking any Damage. It's pretty much inevitable once you start adding more difficulty. There's only so far you can go with the limited mechanics of the game. Back, Forward, Block, Light, Medium, Heavy....
    Eventually you have to add something else to make it harder.

    There is nothing about the game that's really challenging until act 6, LOL or AOL. They add lots of fun challenging nodes, every node doesn't have to be damage, unstoppable or unlockable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,557 ★★★★★
    Tarzan041 said:

    Not really. It's called a challenge. Not every Fight will be won without taking any Damage. It's pretty much inevitable once you start adding more difficulty. There's only so far you can go with the limited mechanics of the game. Back, Forward, Block, Light, Medium, Heavy....
    Eventually you have to add something else to make it harder.

    There is nothing about the game that's really challenging until act 6, LOL or AOL. They add lots of fun challenging nodes, every node doesn't have to be damage, unstoppable or unlockable.
    They're not going to add 20-30 minute-long Fights to AQ and AW.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 368 ★★★

    Not really. It's called a challenge. Not every Fight will be won without taking any Damage. It's pretty much inevitable once you start adding more difficulty. There's only so far you can go with the limited mechanics of the game. Back, Forward, Block, Light, Medium, Heavy....
    Eventually you have to add something else to make it harder.

    Way more ways to make a challenge than what they have done. What they have done is just create ways where you can’t fight through WITH mechanics. Champion and node combinations plus attack values and block penetration that are absurd. It’s a unit fest for people to try and clear it. That’s not a challenge that’s pay to advance.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,557 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:

    Not really. It's called a challenge. Not every Fight will be won without taking any Damage. It's pretty much inevitable once you start adding more difficulty. There's only so far you can go with the limited mechanics of the game. Back, Forward, Block, Light, Medium, Heavy....
    Eventually you have to add something else to make it harder.

    Way more ways to make a challenge than what they have done. What they have done is just create ways where you can’t fight through WITH mechanics. Champion and node combinations plus attack values and block penetration that are absurd. It’s a unit fest for people to try and clear it. That’s not a challenge that’s pay to advance.
    We were talking about Champs being BS with Damage you can't avoid. Electro, Havok, etc.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 368 ★★★

    They're not going to add 20-30 minute-long Fights to AQ and AW.

    I hope not. The demand for time is high enough as it is for most people that have lives outside of this game that work all day and/or have family time. The logging in every couple of hours or every hour depending on your level is a nuisance.

  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 368 ★★★


    We were talking about Champs being BS with Damage you can't avoid. Electro, Havok, etc.

    I know and again they put those champs on stupid nodes that give you more damage than just fighting them does.

    Magik limbo at 3500 damage per tick
    Dormammu degen at 3000 damaged per tick
    Electro on bleed node - seriously!

    This list goes on and on. It’s just poor design and laziness.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,557 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:


    We were talking about Champs being BS with Damage you can't avoid. Electro, Havok, etc.

    I know and again they put those champs on stupid nodes that give you more damage than just fighting them does.

    Magik limbo at 3500 damage per tick
    Dormammu degen at 3000 damaged per tick
    Electro on bleed node - seriously!

    This list goes on and on. It’s just poor design and laziness.
    It's not poor design. It makes it harder to deal with. That's the point of making higher Maps.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 6,256 ★★★★★
    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Charnutz said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    My point is I have a lot of the same problems Seatin pointed out, I dread when AQ and AW starts. I like my alliance and the people in it, so I play to help them. I dont chase champions or care about crystal's any more. I rarely spend on the game any more, it is disheartening spending only to open a champ that I'll never have a use for. I stopped with story quest after becoming cavalier, I enjoy the monthly quest. My favorite content is any that involves just skill, I hate taking damage from bs nodes. The game is starting to be about chip away and unavoidable damage, in my opinion. My path in AQ is the bleed path I bring in 5 65 champs Electro or Void take half their health, without me getting hit once. AW I hate because we invest all the time and effort in it only to open champs I'll never use.

    You take non bleed immune down a bleed path in AQ and just eat the damage? That's easily avoidable, I honestly don't know why you brought that example up lol
    I bring three bleed immune champs, I know better than to bring a non immune champ. My problem is taking damage from a champ with out getting hit. Can you tell me a bleed immune champ that counters Electro?
    Namor negates the bleed and electro. Being the right champs for paths or send someone that has the right champs. Don't blame the developers for your poor choices
    It not poor choices, I run my path just fine. I don't like damage from not getting hit, if you do more power to you. Too much of the game is starting to revolve around unavoidable damage. I most of the time run my path in all 3 sections and take down some of the bosses.
    It's not unavoidable I literally just told you how to avoid it. Again, a poor choice made by you which for some reason you've now decided to even double down on.

    If you think a simple bleed node with electro on it is an example of BS unavoidable damage design please do us all a favor and quit now bc I hope I never have to read your posts once you get deep into Act 6
    Any damage you receive with out getting touched, is unavoidable. Electro, Korg, Havoc, Omega red Domino or any node that chips away damage is BS.
    Man if you think a game that gives you a simple problem and multiple solutions is BS you are playing the wrong game. That combination isn't even annoying or difficult let alone BS. That's like MCOC problem solving 101 to be honest. If you really think that is that bad, I'm dead serious when I say save yourself the trouble and just stop now
    I don't think you're smart enough to understand the point of what I'm saying. I don't think anyone has the time to explain it to you. This thread is people talking about what they like or don't like, I stated what i didn't like. If you like it, that's fine others may like it that fine too. Not all of us has to like or dislike the same thing's. I have been playing long enough and see the direction of the game, I don't like the way it's going with new champs and nodes. Everything is starting to revolve around chip away damage.
    Man, you can't figure out how to get through a bleed node easily and are questioning my intelligence?

    Alright bud. Have fun complaining about the absolute basics of the game. I'm not gonna keep going round and round with you when obviously all you want to do is moan for the sake of moaning.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 6,256 ★★★★★
    Menkent said:

    To be clear so Kabam people reading this thread don't see a few ignorant comments and let confirmation bias help them think people are just whining - these interactions do NOT make content "harder to deal with." It limits you to very specific champs. In the case of electro with bleed, it's basically Omega Red, Aegon with a high combo, maybe Nick Fury? There's no trick to it and nothing you can do as a player to skill your way around it. You have those champs or you revive through it. That is what everyone has always hated about act 6 compared to act 5 where things like Bane were more or less in your hands.

    It is lazy design. I suspect power creep in game got a little out of control and someone on the game team completely lost their mind. How do you make challenging content for someone with Aegon at 5/65/200 that is also unique from anything in act 5? No idea, so just make nodes that kill you.

    For what it's worth, I just cleared the easy path in 6.2.6 and I predictably got all 3*s from the cav crystals and a max sig crystal off a capIW dupe. All that slog through 6.2 and I have a single t2a and three sig stones to show for it.

    Or Namor or Marvel or imiw or ogv. This game is and always has been as much about countering champs and nodes as it is about ability if not even more so in a lot of cases
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 6,256 ★★★★★
    There's a difference between a simple path fight in AQ where 1 of 10 people need to be able to counter something than say the 6.2.2 Sinister boss. Trying to equate the two things is ridiculous which is my whole point.

    We're really gonna start lumping in what I can only assume is a simple map 5 or map 6 at absolute best fight in AQ with the actual problems in the game right now?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 27,557 ★★★★★
    OmegaMan said:


    It's not poor design. It makes it harder to deal with. That's the point of making higher Maps.

    Call it what you will and we can agree to disagree.

    I’ve been gaming for 40 years and it’s the pi$$ poorest excuse for “challenging content” that has been in any game that I have played through those many years.

    Yes it makes it harder to deal with and in many cases impossible. There’s so much BS that you cannot do unless you have the LUCK to get the champions you must have and That has to happen FIRST. That’s not designing challenging content It’s making a pay to play more game.

    As stated there are ways to make content more challenging without all the BS node combinations and unavoidable damage.

    - grand master fight is challenging but you can do it with nearly any champion. You mess up and you pay for it.
    - The Thanos boss fight was a challenge but when you learned the skills it was a great challenge
    - The champion boss in act 6 would be a great challenge without some of the nodes stacked on top of it.

    There are more examples this is just a few. Much better challenges that provide skill challenge and a level of fun play unlike most all of act 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4
    We can agree to disagree, but it also makes it a game where the highest level of content is more accessible for those with a wide breadth of Roster. The Champion wasn't really what I was referring to. That's a very narrow Fight. Those are some good examples of Fights, no disagreement there. Not all content and not every Fight will be the same. We were talking about unavoidable Damage in general. My point was, not all Damage will be avoidable. You either want to get through content, or you want to do it perfectly. You can't always do both. In something like War, that's the goal because losing Champs costs Points. In other areas, it's not that imperative. Unless of course you're conserving Resources. The entire point I'm making is thinking all Fights should be done without losing any Damage is just prideful. Sometimes you're going to lose some Health.
    As for limitations, that IS the game. The challenge comes from limiting what people can use and forcing them to use game skill in combination with smart choices from their Rosters. I don't think we're going to see eye-to-eye on that front. I agree that there is a point that it becomes too limiting, no arguments. I just don't agree that people should use any Champ for any content. When you're talking about taking 4*s into Act 6 for example, that's not skill. That's some OP Champs and a YouTube tutorial that fast tracks people through the content. When Frankie First Year joins and bypasses years of progression and growth, that's bad for the game as a whole. So bad that here we are with many people lost in the idea of separating Players based on progress. People aren't developing skills. They're plowing though content to get to the big Rewards. Is that a statement for everyone? No. It's the result of a machine that separates Champs into "God Tier Champs", shows the best way to cheese content, and complains when the idea of how far along your Account has progressed is mentioned. That's about all Forest has to say on that.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 835 ★★★
    edited May 2020


    Or Namor or Marvel or imiw or ogv. This game is and always has been as much about countering champs and nodes as it is about ability if not even more so in a lot of cases

    So six champs out of how many? And half of them are pretty sketchy. With major you only avoid bleed damage while attacking so you have to play aggressively and either kill him before he gets there bars or throws a special pretty quickly. IMIW I guess you just do funny short combos to only do non-contact attacks... except his dps sucks so have fun. OGV only use sp1? Again, there are clever nodes and combos of abilities that encourage skill and are made easier with ideal champs... and there are lazy combos that punish you for not having certain champs while adding little to nothing to the fight.

    But you're right that it's nothing like some of the 6.2 fights, just a simple example of lazy nodes that severely limit your roster.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 6,256 ★★★★★
    Menkent said:


    Or Namor or Marvel or imiw or ogv. This game is and always has been as much about countering champs and nodes as it is about ability if not even more so in a lot of cases

    So six champs out of how many? And half of them are pretty sketchy. With major you only avoid bleed damage while attacking so you have to play aggressively and either kill him before he gets there bars or throws a special pretty quickly. IMIW I guess you just do funny short combos to only do non-contact attacks... except his dps sucks so have fun. OGV only use sp1? Again, there are clever nodes and combos of abilities that encourage skill and are made easier with ideal champs... and there are lazy combos that punish you for not having certain champs while adding little to nothing to the fight.

    But you're right that it's nothing like some of the 6.2 fights, just a simple example of lazy nodes that severely limit your roster.
    6 champs that you need 3 of between 30 people. All of which actually get through that fight pretty easily though a few much slower than others admittedly. That's hardly what I'd call a road blocking problem. Compared with the map 7 nodes it's laughable in fact. Ultra niche fights such as the sinister fight I mentioned are absolutely a problem imo though I do see what the intention of something like that is, it's just kinda lame to make it a boss for sure.

    They can't make entire paths of grandmaster fights, it's just not realistic honestly. Sometimes there will just be fights you need a counter to. As long as those fights are so specific it's unrealistic to expect either one player or a group of players be able to come up with the counters I don't see a problem with it.

    You used to need pretty much BW or Xbones for thorns or spiked armor paths and that never got this sort of uproar. I'm not sure how we've gotten to the point of this one boss fight is far too specific to expect the majority of players to be able to get through a story quest boss all the way to a group of 30 people should never be expected to have to counter any node champ combos that aren't 100% straightforward ever
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 177 ★★

    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    Charnutz said:

    Tarzan041 said:

    My point is I have a lot of the same problems Seatin pointed out, I dread when AQ and AW starts. I like my alliance and the people in it, so I play to help them. I dont chase champions or care about crystal's any more. I rarely spend on the game any more, it is disheartening spending only to open a champ that I'll never have a use for. I stopped with story quest after becoming cavalier, I enjoy the monthly quest. My favorite content is any that involves just skill, I hate taking damage from bs nodes. The game is starting to be about chip away and unavoidable damage, in my opinion. My path in AQ is the bleed path I bring in 5 65 champs Electro or Void take half their health, without me getting hit once. AW I hate because we invest all the time and effort in it only to open champs I'll never use.

    You take non bleed immune down a bleed path in AQ and just eat the damage? That's easily avoidable, I honestly don't know why you brought that example up lol
    I bring three bleed immune champs, I know better than to bring a non immune champ. My problem is taking damage from a champ with out getting hit. Can you tell me a bleed immune champ that counters Electro?
    Namor negates the bleed and electro. Being the right champs for paths or send someone that has the right champs. Don't blame the developers for your poor choices
    It not poor choices, I run my path just fine. I don't like damage from not getting hit, if you do more power to you. Too much of the game is starting to revolve around unavoidable damage. I most of the time run my path in all 3 sections and take down some of the bosses.
    It's not unavoidable I literally just told you how to avoid it. Again, a poor choice made by you which for some reason you've now decided to even double down on.

    If you think a simple bleed node with electro on it is an example of BS unavoidable damage design please do us all a favor and quit now bc I hope I never have to read your posts once you get deep into Act 6
    Any damage you receive with out getting touched, is unavoidable. Electro, Korg, Havoc, Omega red Domino or any node that chips away damage is BS.
    Man if you think a game that gives you a simple problem and multiple solutions is BS you are playing the wrong game. That combination isn't even annoying or difficult let alone BS. That's like MCOC problem solving 101 to be honest. If you really think that is that bad, I'm dead serious when I say save yourself the trouble and just stop now
    I don't think you're smart enough to understand the point of what I'm saying. I don't think anyone has the time to explain it to you. This thread is people talking about what they like or don't like, I stated what i didn't like. If you like it, that's fine others may like it that fine too. Not all of us has to like or dislike the same thing's. I have been playing long enough and see the direction of the game, I don't like the way it's going with new champs and nodes. Everything is starting to revolve around chip away damage.
    Man, you can't figure out how to get through a bleed node easily and are questioning my intelligence?

    Alright bud. Have fun complaining about the absolute basics of the game. I'm not gonna keep going round and round with you when obviously all you want to do is moan for the sake of moaning.
    I get through it every week, I just dont like some of the bs champs. I question your intelligence of being able to understand what is really being said. It's about what people like or dont like.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 1,952 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

    I’m going to quickly drop this before a mod drops in and threatens with a thread close. If you want to attack a specific person the thread will be closed and all the helpful feedback and conversations that have been had will be lost. Is it really worth personally attacking another person because you’re angry with their reasonable beliefs without taking into account all the other people and their time spent on this thread? If you MUST attack another person, make a separate thread and deal with the consequences yourself. Don’t force everyone else to suffer the punishments you deserve.

    Personally, I don’t agree with opinions stated from many forum members but if they really have a different view; wouldn’t it be more effective to explain and show proper evidence to prove your point. I’ve seen people accept their incorrectness when properly shown their flaws and possible misconceptions. If someone doesn’t want to accept your views through a civil discussion, why would you continue? It is a waste of your and their time. (Don’t make separate posts in the thread saying “IGNORE THIS PERSON GUYS!!” just don’t mention them.) The people that actually want to hold a civil discussion hopefully will.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 1,952 ★★★★★
    If anyone finds any spelling mistakes please point them out. I don’t need or want anyone to not completely understand the message I was giving
Sign In or Register to comment.