**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Welcome to the Island of Doctor M.O.D.O.K.

Comments

• Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★

It’s even worse when you try it. The difficulty is crazy

It's not hard. It really wasn't.
    No everyone in this game has sbuolt up roster.Like I have 3 accounts.On my two accounts it's easy but for the 3rd account it's impossible.

Even if it was not difficult still rewards are not worth.
  • Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    .....Am I missing something here? I do not see Modoks Lab anywhere
    EDIT: nm, I found it all the way at the end of the list >_>
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Scroll all the way to the right.
  • Options
    Odachi said:

This is exactly what I wanted, a quest with a bit of challenge and some of the posters here to have a cry about it. Here's to a month of this!

It's always like this. Some portion of the player base will always kill the party. They always have something negative and unproductive to say.
  • Options
    Panda504337Panda504337 Posts: 77
    But how can you justify saying that "you need to build a better roster" when the rewards dont allow that??
  • Options

But how can you justify saying that "you need to build a better roster" when the rewards dont allow that??

You don't need a "good roster" you just need the right one.

Yeah, I used Guilly2099 for the biohazard, but Ultron would work as well.
    Yeah, I used Havok for energy nodes, but Mephisto, Colossus, Night Thrasher could work too.

The point is you don't need good champs. You just need champs with utilities.
  • Options
    Arceus111Arceus111 Posts: 34
    It appears like they wanted to give us shards for completing the quest and rank up materials in the shop. I can only speak for myself now, nobody has to share my opinion here.

I am an Endgame player and personally, I don´t need too many rank up materials. My main problem is Gold as I decided not to grind the arena several hours a day anymore. The 6000 gold we earn for completion aren´t really gonna help much. Considering that gold is kind of a rankup material as well, I´d have loved seeing some greater or even uncollected gold crystals in the store. Apart from the 5* AG and maybe the 5* sig stones, there isn´t really anything I really need from the store as I get most of the Catalysts I need from AQ.

As for the completion rewards: Those would have been quite decent around a year ago. If my calculations are correct, we will get 14.000 5* shards and 1.400 6* shards for completing the epic quest every single day. However, we have content like Act 6 that has some very niche matchups that sometimes are only managable if you have one out of a handful of champions, and you need them as a 5* or 6*. With 150+ champions in the 5* basic crystal right now, the chance of pulling that one champion you need equals roughly 0.67%, the chance of getting a champion and awakening that champion equals roughly 0.44%! Personally, I think that we should get 50% more 5* and 6* shards per day during this quest, which would bring the total amount of obtainable shards up to 21.000 5* shards and 2.100 6* shards. That would be great rewards for completing this quest every single day in my opinion.

As I said: This is just my opinion which is obviously based on my situation :)
  • Options

It's literally not that bad.

I got a Darkhwak with Masochism and Oscillate.

Hit monkey with biohazard and unstoppable dash. I also tried to re till the buffs 4 times and got the same nodes
    I find that difficult to believe and the same nodes showed up 4 times.
    lol, thats up for you to believe or not. I also have gotten 6 awaken gems(3 mutant, and 3 cosmic) Last month event ( i landed on the sig stones 5 straight times). I also have all them awakening gems and so many cosmic rank up materials and i have only pulled VTD( and that out of 42 5*s. Im not arguing about the RNG(or lack of it) but im sure there are crazier "random" things that people have went through
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

No resources used. Only 3 nodes compared to 6 last time. 6 paths to choose from. Easily peasy.

Have to agree. Cosmic path using 6star r1 SymSupreme was light work. VtD boss was pretty weak even with rage and spite. Next time I might feel differently but this time I had nodes that were adding even more buffs so I didn't change any.
  • Options

Yeah, I used Havok for energy nodes, but Mephisto, Colossus, Night Thrasher could work too.

but im sure you can recognize that some people dont have those champs. and with events like this, it is hard to build a roster. also( i finished the epic quest without using resources. except the re rolls). my point is the the rewards dont match up. there are a lot of people who rely on the epic quest in order to make good rosters. 4 months ago, i wouldnt be able to do the epic quest and master difficulty(rewards) wouldnt help me at all.
  • Options

but im sure you can recognize that some people dont have those champs. and with events like this, it is hard to build a roster. also( i finished the epic quest without using resources. except the re rolls). my point is the the rewards dont match up. there are a lot of people who rely on the epic quest in order to make good rosters. 4 months ago, i wouldnt be able to do the epic quest and master difficulty(rewards) wouldnt help me at all.
    Hey, y'all said you didn't like RNG based events, and preferred skill-based events. Now that they've given you skill-based events, y'all are still complaining? And about the difficulty? I though y'all wanted difficulty but go off, I guess.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★

The point of the labs is to utilize different champions to "solve the puzzle".

Other side quests, like the rifts, or the MME, or the BW all really needed one "good" champion to complete. For me, it was CAIW.

For this quest, you don't necessarily need "good" champs, you just need the right ones.

If you just go into the quest blind with a team that has essentially the same utility, then of course you're going to be screwed. You have to basically plan for everything in your roster. That's the point of this whole quest.

Yep. Go in with a fully rounded team, prepared to use your rerolls minimally and you should be good. I took in Stealthy, Domino, Rulk, SymSupreme, and Colossus. Handles bleed,poison, coldsnap, incinerate, Havok, most Armor breakers, evaders, Void, most cosmics, etc. If you build a team around 1 champ, prepare to not have fun.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I think the difficulty is bad in general. I’ve seen nightcrawlers, hot monkeys and tigras. No one knows how to fight those characters this early in(especially them being buffed up)(like biohazard)
    And night crawler is just annoying

You know you could have waited to enter. You didn't have to go in immediately. You could have waited a week. Its not like you're limited to how many times you can enter a day, except for how many entry tickets you have. If you have 5 tickets, you can enter 5 times that day. If you have all 30 tickets, you can enter 30 times in one day.

Why rush into something knowing that we have new champs coming in that no one knows how to properly fight yet, unless you're prepared to deal with bad nodes and have to use revives.
    With all that being said.... it doesn’t change the difficulty level. Most people don’t have time to do it all in one day. Bosses like night crawler, modok, korg etc. is fine because they are older champions. Plus the black widow and red guardian for last month was no where near as hard
    The point was you don't have to rush into content blindly then complain. You could have waited a day and done two runs when you knew how to counter the new champs.
    The point is, for the rewards it’s too difficult. Squirrel girl event, mole man, and rifts were not nearly as hard but the rewards were way better.
    If its too difficult then focus on building your roster. Not everything should be easy, regardless of the reward.
    Bad point bro
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

I think the difficulty is bad in general. I’ve seen nightcrawlers, hot monkeys and tigras. No one knows how to fight those characters this early in(especially them being buffed up)(like biohazard)
    And night crawler is just annoying

You know you could have waited to enter. You didn't have to go in immediately. You could have waited a week. Its not like you're limited to how many times you can enter a day, except for how many entry tickets you have. If you have 5 tickets, you can enter 5 times that day. If you have all 30 tickets, you can enter 30 times in one day.

Why rush into something knowing that we have new champs coming in that no one knows how to properly fight yet, unless you're prepared to deal with bad nodes and have to use revives.
    With all that being said.... it doesn’t change the difficulty level. Most people don’t have time to do it all in one day. Bosses like night crawler, modok, korg etc. is fine because they are older champions. Plus the black widow and red guardian for last month was no where near as hard
    It's 1 path with 6 fights. 7 counting the boss. How would it take longer than a day?
    I think they were talking about the EQ.
  • Options

Hey, y'all said you didn't like RNG based events, and preferred skill-based events. Now that they've given you skill-based events, y'all are still complaining? And about the difficulty? I though y'all wanted difficulty but go off, I guess.
    1. Who is yall ( you wont find any post of me asking anything like that)
    2. its still RNG (the buffs) (the bosses).
    3. RNG meaning (the Rewards in the event).
    4. The difficulty would be fine if the rewards matched up
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Easier than Sinister Labs, but still hard for an a new UNcollected player
  • Options

1. Who is yall ( you wont find any post of me asking anything like that)
    2. its still RNG (the buffs) (the bosses).
    3. RNG meaning (the Rewards in the event).
    4. The difficulty would be fine if the rewards matched up
    1. Y'all, meaning everyone who complained about the Rifts.
    2. But it's not RNG based.
    3. What kind of rewards would they give out then? Generic AGs? Specific Champs? Hello, what are you on?
    4. The difficulty is fine. The rewards are the same. It's another Side Quest. So what?
  • Options

Easier than Sinister Labs, but still hard for an a new UNcollected player

lol, thats the only point im trying to make. (plus the rewards not adding up)
  • Options
    Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Lacklustre, if not bad, rewards in Epic for a difficulty that my current uncollected roster (and probably me as well) can't handle, even though I could do Epic in May without too much problems.

Which means going back to the Master level. But then the rewards are really not worth the time.

So... I won't do this event at all, I guess... Great job Kabam !
  • Options
    Pratham02Pratham02 Posts: 281 ★★
    I got a warlock on transducer , it certainly wasn't a fun time.
    (for anyone thinking why, his interaction with the node causes consistent degen on you)
    Also had a mighty charge 3 darkhawk.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Notice how we have all these complaints about difficulty/rewards of this event all over the forums and kabam hasn’t respondEd in any way yet...
  • Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    I found my first run pretty easy.

That being said, nobody can argue with the fact that it is still MUCH harder than the usual side quest and the rewards are a bit worst than the previous months.