The Road to Cavalier Difficulty

arsjumarsjum Posts: 368 ★★★

Comments

• ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 90 ★★
    edited June 5
    So, will we get a full quest, with 3 chapters? Also, complete set of rewards (which are subject to change later)
    I know this is like a trial version, I want to know whether it resembles the actual cavalier quest....
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 915 ★★★
    edited June 5
    It’s probably gonna be like RttL at first imo but with higher opponents
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 941 ★★★
    Arifutera said:

So, will we get a full quest, with 3 chapters? Also, complete set of rewards (which are subject to change later)
    I know this is like a trial version, I want to know whether it resembles the actual cavalier quest....

If you read the announcement it says that they’ll start with adding a new difficulty to the side quest event first. To gather data, finetune things, etc, etc instead of launching an entirely new difficulty in the monthly event quest. It’s a sort of slow build-up I guess, looking forward to a new challenge.
  • ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 90 ★★
    edited June 5

Arifutera said:

Not yet. A side event is like the Island of Doctor MODOK, or the Red Rooms, etc. They are not the actual event quest, but the side event that goes with them.
    Thanks for the clarification!! Looking forward to it...
  • GmonkeyGmonkey Posts: 972 ★★★
    This looks interesting and a challenge hoping is is not impossible. Will get to test my roster. Hoping that it is not quake and ghost play like chapter 6. Even though I have both at 5/65 would like to use some other champs.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,337 ★★★★★
    This looks great, glad to see you're giving us time for feedback, I really appreciate it.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 830 ★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

This looks interesting and a challenge hoping is is not impossible. Will get to test my roster. Hoping that it is not quake and ghost play like chapter 6. Even though I have both at 5/65 would like to use some other champs.

What is stopping you from using other champs?

Hope you aren't asking for class specific gates to be thrown in, that would suck so bad.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 1,279 ★★★★

Arifutera said:

Not yet. A side event is like the Island of Doctor MODOK, or the Red Rooms, etc. They are not the actual event quest, but the side event that goes with them.
    Awesome news.

To clarify, are the Island of Modok side quests what you’re drawing your data from, or are we to expect an additional side quest further down the line that will be acting as the test dummy?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 830 ★★★★

Arifutera said:

Does this also mean that the current levels of difficulty will stay as they are, or will everything get a tweak now with the introduction of the new Cavalier difficulty?
  • Kaloco14Kaloco14 Posts: 3

OGAvenger said:

Is this the big announcement we were told to expect at the end of the week? Or is there more??

I'm not sure which Big Announcement we said we'd have before the end of the week?
    I think he’s referring to the long-term road map that was expected to be announced at the beginning of June
    Of course! This is not it, but would have been part of it. We wanted to get this out earlier because we know you're all anticipating the next difficulty level. We're still working on finalizing that. There's a lot of work to be done there because we're not just writing out what we're doing, we're looking at what we want to change from player feedback as well.
    Awesome I’ve been waiting for the big road map and really hope you guys will pull through with it and give us some good information also just wondering while these side quest are being used to test for cavalier difficulty will the rewards be like actual rewards like good stuff or is it just like a beta where you get 1 gold?
  • Ebony_NawEbony_Naw Posts: 432 ★★★
    I think it's a very smart move. I applaud Kabam for thinking about the content, then using the player base to test it and give feedback. I doubt we will all agree on what it should look like, but if I read between the lines correctly in the announcement, this is targeted more towards the endgame players as opposed to someone freshly cavalier, or stuck in 6.2. If that's the case, I just think it's important to make that clear, so that we can then go ahead and give feedback as such.

On a similar note, if this is indeeded targeted as new content for the endgame players, I think it presents a great opportunity to beta test ideas on how to fix the mistakes of Act 6. An increase in attack values, and the addition of painstakingly champion-specific nodes won't help entertain the players. The issue is that we want nodes that challenge our skills. DNA3000 is on the money imo when he said that good content is one that is designed to reward good gameplay.

Looking forward!
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 274 ★★
    Sounds really great! Im looking forward to it!
  • SuperiorSveeSuperiorSvee Posts: 41
    edited June 5
    Who is the tuning geared to? Those that are just Cavalier (beat 6.1 once)? Beat champion once? Beat grandmaster once? 100% everything?

Who are the rewards targeting? Those that just hit Cavalier? Or also appealing to those that are 100% everything?
  • DoubleDeltaDoubleDelta Posts: 1,203 ★★★
    Mauled said:

Arifutera said:

Awesome news.

To clarify, are the Island of Modok side quests what you’re drawing your data from, or are we to expect an additional side quest further down the line that will be acting as the test dummy?
    No, next month we're getting our own side quest aimed at us - they'll be doing this for 2-3 months if I'm correct, so they can figure out what is challenging enough essentially using us as a larger CCP pool.

That way we can go knock the attack down, health pools up, we want a bit harder but rewards a little better too, or we think this is too hard and rewards too low.

I have to say, its an amazing step for us to be gently eased into it, instead of an entire EQ rewards resting on it. Plus, early 6.1 players vs 100% 6.4 / abyss players will have different feedback.

Been looking forward to this for months, and this is really well organised, hopefully the implementation goes as well as the planning
    Ebony_Naw said:

I think it's a very smart move. I applaud Kabam for thinking about the content, then using the player base to test it and give feedback. I doubt we will all agree on what it should look like, but if I read between the lines correctly in the announcement, this is targeted more towards the endgame players as opposed to someone freshly cavalier, or stuck in 6.2. If that's the case, I just think it's important to make that clear, so that we can then go ahead and give feedback as such.

On a similar note, if this is indeeded targeted as new content for the endgame players, I think it presents a great opportunity to beta test ideas on how to fix the mistakes of Act 6. An increase in attack values, and the addition of painstakingly champion-specific nodes won't help entertain the players. The issue is that we want nodes that challenge our skills. DNA3000 is on the money imo when he said that good content is one that is designed to reward good gameplay.

Looking forward!

It should be that way, the monthly EQ should be building you towards Act 7, but not at that difficulty, I'd love to see 6.3/4, nudge down the attack values a little, maybe final boss fights like the grandmaster or nameless thanos thrown in more often, stuff which tests skill out and more interactive.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 328 ★★★
    I would hope that they can back the UC difficulty down a bit?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,701 Guardian
    Mauled said:

Arifutera said:

Awesome news.

Technically neither. If I understand correctly, next month's side quest will have one more difficulty tier above Epic that will be the test bed for Cavalier difficulty. It isn't this month's side quest, and it won't be an additional special side quest. It will be Epic++ in next month's (and perhaps additional months) side quest.
    DNA3000 said:

Mauled said:

Arifutera said:

Awesome news.

Technically neither. If I understand correctly, next month's side quest will have one more difficulty tier above Epic that will be the test bed for Cavalier difficulty. It isn't this month's side quest, and it won't be an additional special side quest. It will be Epic++ in next month's (and perhaps additional months) side quest.
    Sounds about right, Kabam can see their stats on a wider range of skill set than just the CCP, the wider community are also more likely to find issues pre-launch. Our reaction to the rewards will allow them to gauge the content too.

Ofc we cant ask for a T5CC or 6* every month, but we could maybe say instead of a 5% T5CC can we have a 2% with 6* sigs, or instead of a 10% T5CC crystal can we have a 5% selector.

This is where we need to work with kabam, a massive step for them to basically introduce us all to feedback pre official launch - if this works well, perhaps they can roll out steps like this more often (Act 6 100% can help develop 7.1, Abyss can help with the next level of legend content)