**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Road to Cavalier Difficulty

Comments

• Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    So... looks like this might go live end of summer? K.
  • KaspyKaspy Posts: 154 ★★★
    I must admit, that I am surprised that you are actually moving forward with a cavalier difficulty at this point. Cavalier was first introduced a long time ago and while it would of made sense at the time, the game has already progressed so much past Act 6.1.

I had come to the conclusion that the reason for the delay was because we would never seen an actual cavalier difficulty. Instead, we would get would be a new title somewhere in act 7 with an associated new difficulty tuned to players at that progression point. The big challenge of introducing a cavalier difficulty at this stage is there is a huge gap between beating act 6.1 and beating the grandmaster and venturing into act 7.

I may be alone in this opinion, and by no means do i want anybody to take it the wrong way because this game 100% needs another difficultly level in the monthly events, i just think it it should be associated with an act 7 title. This is not a compliant by any means, just some food for thought.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

They should leave Uncollected difficulty the way it is because it ain’t difficult and leave the rewards

They should add units and buff sig stone and gold rewards to uncollected imo
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★

Is this the big announcement we were told to expect at the end of the week? Or is there more??

I'm not sure which Big Announcement we said we'd have before the end of the week?
    A Roadmap how to proceed with the contest... Is that all you want to change? What's about basic 5* arena, and all the other changes requested and long overdue?
    Miike addressed the long term road map announcement. This was supposed to be apart of it but they know the demand for cab difficulty is high so they wanted to get this out there first. He said they are still working on the announcement for the long term roadmap but don’t want to just add what their plans are they want to add how they plan to address the player feedback as well that’s why it’s taking a little longer
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    keyword = challenge. please don't make this 6.2.6 Champion level impossible. we love a challenge but when you introduce pointless nodes and gimmicks to simply force players into pulling Unit Man, it becomes less fun and much more than a "challenge".

so challenge? yes, love it. if it's bordering on insane where only one or two champs will give you a legit chance ... it's a fail.
  • SevSynSevSyn Posts: 72
    edited June 2020
    @Kabam Miike

Of course! This is not it, but would have been part of it. We wanted to get this out earlier because we know you're all anticipating the next difficulty level. We're still working on finalizing that. There's a lot of work to be done there because we're not just writing out what we're doing, we're looking at what we want to change from player feedback as well.

Please also disclose what you do not want to change from the player feedback also.
    this will take steps towards trust, transparency and understanding.

* This will validate that many of the concerns that were voiced were heard, understood, and considered.
    * This will also put an end to our dwindling hope on some issues/topics so that we know what you are unwilling to address... and we can simply stop asking or sensibly consider continue playing vs. walking away.
    * This will allow some insight as to why the company will not acquiesce on game improvement requests that we genuinely wish to see in place

@Kabam Miike
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Those asking for UC to have difficulty reduced need to remember what happened to Master when UC was introduced. Difficulty was dropped but so were the rewards so be very careful what you ask for
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Glad to see it’s coming and also that there is something happening faster than just cavalier difficulty in the fall per the last announcement.

Wish we had started this process sooner but also very glad we are going to tune it with feedback from the player base before launch so it won’t be overturned or need a ton of rework.

Overall while I wish it was faster really think this is a step where we need to go from a content level Progression and then also a content creation/tuning standpoint. Finding a way to get player feedback for the launch is definitely a good step so thank you.
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★

Those asking for UC to have difficulty reduced need to remember what happened to Master when UC was introduced. Difficulty was dropped but so were the rewards so be very careful what you ask for

No, they were not. Master rewards remained the same at the time and were buffed a while ago.
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

So... looks like this might go live end of summer? K.

Right, they said 2-3 months, so around there sounds plausible, assuming there are no delays.

I do wonder though, if this should instead be on the Beta server, and give everyone access to the Beta server.

That way, they can more quickly iterate the tuning that needs to be done (it wouldn't have to be 30 day delay), and since this would be on the Beta server, people have much more freedom to try a variety of champs they may have never had the chance to use before.

I know people will say they want their rewards, and a simple fix for that is to just bump up everyone's calendar rewards accordingly, or even have a special calendar that can give out more things as a way to say thanks for helping us test things.
    arsjum said:

No, they were not. Master rewards remained the same at the time and were buffed a while ago.
    I don't think that's true but would have to go back and look. It's been quite a while at this point
  • Lucasjones_98Lucasjones_98 Posts: 461
    No matter what you say about kabam, they do still look after their players and I'm appreciative that they're listening to the player base.

arsjum said:

I don't think that's true but would have to go back and look. It's been quite a while at this point
    Just went back and checked and you're right. Not sure why I thought they had been. It's been quite a long time at this point
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★

No matter what you say about kabam, they do still look after their players and I'm appreciative that they're listening to the player base.

What planet have you been on lately....
  • Air98Air98 Posts: 81 ★★
    I never thought it would take this long to get Cavalier difficulty...players have been asking for this for soooo long.