**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance War Season 19: Updates to Path Identities and New Nodes! [ June 30]

Comments

• zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Where are the new global nodes? I still see Crush and Dodge and no Stubborn.

• Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    zuffy said:

Where are the new global nodes? I still see Crush and Dodge and no Stubborn.

The new defense tactics aren't coming live until next week.
    Oh, that is dumb. Why introduce new map and not the new global nodes too.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Gregdagr8 said:

So picture Doom as a defender with Stubborn. Don't even put any extra nodes on him! This is how OP this tactic is. Remember you can't use Ghost or Quake for this fight. You push Doom over a bar of power, he throws his sp1 at you. You HAVE to evade it because it's unblockable. Now Doom has three charges on him. Now you have to take 3 blocked hits to remove the 3 charges. Well when Doom hits into your block, he shocks you and Heavies you in the face! And that's without ANY NODES lol!

Now put him on node 49! 200% Champion Boost, 300% health, Stun immune, Shifting hazards Incinerate/Poison, debilitate. So now you will need a shock, poison, and incinerate immune (remember, can't use Ghost). Your one and only champ that has those immunites is Emma Frost. And she's only immune to those in diamond form so you will likely time out! Way to promote diversity!

Get rid of the defender tactics!

It's not unblockable when he has slow or petrify on him... also capiw shrugs debuffs with a skill on the team and places petrify with a tech.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to the node but outside of the agg fury/oscillate and maybe one or two more fights, it will be manageable
    You can't retaliate against specials. So have to keep blocking before you hit. Or take the specials on block. Also, majority of the annoying defenders come under this. If we have to resort to taking block damage every fight, it's basically an item fest to heal.
    This node is basically limiting playstyle even more than Flow.
    Uhhh, I retaliate against specials all the time against certain fights with dex off with flow. Just like flow you'll have to change your playstyle up to counter it, oh no
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Frosty said:

gohard123 said:

Gregdagr8 said:

So picture Doom as a defender with Stubborn. Don't even put any extra nodes on him! This is how OP this tactic is. Remember you can't use Ghost or Quake for this fight. You push Doom over a bar of power, he throws his sp1 at you. You HAVE to evade it because it's unblockable. Now Doom has three charges on him. Now you have to take 3 blocked hits to remove the 3 charges. Well when Doom hits into your block, he shocks you and Heavies you in the face! And that's without ANY NODES lol!

Now put him on node 49! 200% Champion Boost, 300% health, Stun immune, Shifting hazards Incinerate/Poison, debilitate. So now you will need a shock, poison, and incinerate immune (remember, can't use Ghost). Your one and only champ that has those immunites is Emma Frost. And she's only immune to those in diamond form so you will likely time out! Way to promote diversity!

Iceman and Mephisto. Still not enough counters though
    Neither are shock immune
    eh.. you don't need a shock immune to fight Doom. Also if you are dexing, you might as well bring in Ghost.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Gregdagr8 said:

It's not unblockable when he has slow or petrify on him... also capiw shrugs debuffs with a skill on the team and places petrify with a tech.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to the node but outside of the agg fury/oscillate and maybe one or two more fights, it will be manageable
    You can't retaliate against specials. So have to keep blocking before you hit. Or take the specials on block. Also, majority of the annoying defenders come under this. If we have to resort to taking block damage every fight, it's basically an item fest to heal.
    Uhhh, I retaliate against specials all the time against certain fights with dex off with flow. Just like flow you'll have to change your playstyle up to counter it, oh no
    Please show me how. Have no idea how to do it, so will be able to learn something. Also, flow playstyle just needed you to play slower. Or have the right counters like power lock champs etc. Stubborn is a whole new thing. Just because you may be able to do it or find everything easy like how you always do, doesn't mean that the lower end of the player base facing the node feels the same.
    Also, one of the most painful node i.e Aggressive Fury/tunnel vision/Oscillate HAS to be fought. I don't remember previous pre mini's having the nodes of health that a mini had and they could be avoided. Facing a 200k health champ on that node is completely bs.

Also, one of the most painful node i.e Aggressive Fury/tunnel vision/Oscillate HAS to be fought. I don't remember previous pre mini's having the nodes of health that a mini had and they could be avoided. Facing a 200k health champ on that node is completely bs.

That is is node combination I agree is absolute garbage. It's probably my biggest gripe with the new map honestly.

Gregdagr8 said:

Please show me how. Have no idea how to do it, so will be able to learn something. Also, flow playstyle just needed you to play slower. Or have the right counters like power lock champs etc. Stubborn is a whole new thing. Just because you may be able to do it or find everything easy like how you always do, doesn't mean that the lower end of the player base facing the node feels the same.
    Just block or space yourself accordingly to avoid an attack. Are there nodes/champs that make this more difficult? Absolutely. That's kind of the point though, is coming up with counters to problems.

We don't have the tactics in play yet so I don't know how well anything I theoretically think will work will actually play out but I guess we'll all find out next week.

I'm not.gonna sit here and say I saw the new nodes and tactics and jumped for joy but trying to counter the truly difficult stuff in game is actually fun for some people. I've had wars that left me flat out infuriated (more often than not at myself but sometimes the game or my matchup) but there isn't much else that gets me as invested in a specific fight as war does. Any other game mode, you drop a revive and/or some pots and move on. War has legitimate consequences if things go wrong. It makes things interesting when everything else is boring honestly
    Like I have no idea how to get through that node. Can't do 5 hit combo to remove fury. Oscillate means they'll just stay there holding block. And gain fury. Obviously the one minute you decide to heavy to get a fury off, they will retaliate and kill you. Makes no sense.
    They should just roll the Map to the old one, and decide on proper nodes. Pre mini bosses DO NOT need the same health as mini bosses. Go and read the defender tactics, and actually play them. And buff rewards down low as well, rather than just cater to the top folks. This Map requires such a huge diversity in ranked champs even for T4, that not everyone has. And that's just for nodes.Champs bring a whole new ballgame and then you keep defender tactics. Doesn't make war fun at all and more alliances will just drop out instead.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Just wait. The new map is out. No new tactics but tomorrow should be entertaining
    edited June 2020

Gregdagr8 said:

Just block or space yourself accordingly to avoid an attack. Are there nodes/champs that make this more difficult? Absolutely. That's kind of the point though, is coming up with counters to problems.

We don't have the tactics in play yet so I don't know how well anything I theoretically think will work will actually play out but I guess we'll all find out next week.

I'm not.gonna sit here and say I saw the new nodes and tactics and jumped for joy but trying to counter the truly difficult stuff in game is actually fun for some people. I've had wars that left me flat out infuriated (more often than not at myself but sometimes the game or my matchup) but there isn't much else that gets me as invested in a specific fight as war does. Any other game mode, you drop a revive and/or some pots and move on. War has legitimate consequences if things go wrong. It makes things interesting when everything else is boring honestly
    Well that's what my point was. Taking block damage on a special is basically an unnecessary tactic. Especially when the game revolves around not taking damage.
    Coming to the point about countering, yes it's fun. But most people who find it fun don't like the limits of AW. And obviously, there are people like you who like to challenge finding counters to such nodes in war, but I'm sure that's a minority. Or it'll probably be amongst players at the top who can handle such nodes with wider rosters than others. I'm no scrub, done with 6.1 100% and one run through Abyss and the rest of Act 6. All Variants and LoL done without throwing units. But I know that I don't have the roster to go through a few nodes, let alone champs on those nodes. The Map just punishes such players. If they wanted, they could give higher points to players playing on the new map and keep the old one as well. Rewards aren't game changing down low, but the punishment is.
    Knation said:

That is is node combination I agree is absolute garbage. It's probably my biggest gripe with the new map honestly.
    Ye I’m looking forward to stubborn doom on that node not gonna be fun at all
    I think Nick will be worse
    Pharted said:

Good to know the CCP was able to get across what 10 pages of posts saying "These revamped AW maps, nodes, defense tactics, and rewards suck" apparently were not able to do.

To be fair you have absolutely no idea what feedback was given on what information. I'd bet on it being unrelated to your post though
  • diRtyShaftdiRtyShaft Posts: 9
    To be fair, Steady Buildup-Fury's Fury Passive and Ebb and Flow-Knock Down's Fury passive should grant same % of attack and duration of Fury Passive. Especially when the Defender already has the Attack increase on the node.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Pharted said:

Good to know the CCP was able to get across what 10 pages of posts saying "These revamped AW maps, nodes, defense tactics, and rewards suck" apparently were not able to do.

The info that is being delayed is the roadmap for War/Alliances etc.. the topic of this thread is about s19.. so it's two separate pieces of information.
    The picture below is the information which is being delayed from the 25th to the 29th..

• EzziedogEzziedog Posts: 3
    Rewards still need to be buffed for the middle tier players, top tier players are not the only people that are getting burnt out.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    The new background pictures are too much flashy (in my case light orange). They makes it difficult to see the paths that is not thick.
    Moreover it makes much more difficult to read the texts that all are in a grey background and in a sober color.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I made a post on this last night, and we've gotten new info since then so I'll leave my feedback again. As I said before, I am a gold 3/2 player and I love AW. Unfortunately, I may start to hate war after this season. This time, I will be going into more depth since we have seen the new map. I am also going to talk about the delay announcement.

First of all, I wanted to address the delay announcement. This announcement felt like a kick in the teeth. This announcement states that 'the CCP has had a preview of the AW roadmap and pointed out their concerns of the content'. There is no mention of this 26 page long thread full of this negative feedback or any other feedback they received through other sources. That is disgraceful. What that means is that if you are not part of the CCP, your opinion can and most likely will be ignored. This post of mine will probably be ignored. They don't care about any of it and that saddens me. I can't trust that Kabam will listen to any feedback, let alone learn from it.

I agree with you it sucks that they listen to a few CCP and ignore most of us in the forums , Im always on Youtube and from what i see most of the CCP members only talk about things that bother them and their alliance and most of it don't relate to the average player base to be honest, Most of the CCP members are in a master alliance or "END GAME" and most of their concern is about personal interest, when i look at this new AW outline all i see is a slap in the face for GOLD alliances and a big Hi 5 to the plat3 to Master bracket alliances . I understand Kabam cant please everyone but the CCP member's don't speak for majority of the players just a selective few, i understand that they promote your content for free and also gain from making content on youtube so its a win win for both side but these changes will drive alot of everyday players like myself to quit.
    You can’t even tank war to avoid the bs nodes. It’s in tier 6 and even at tier 12. Lol
  • AnujkewlAnujkewl Posts: 24
    Y cant u get rid of defence tactics just pike before, wars were fun before war tactics, the war tactics are super super annoying