**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dev Diary: Amping Up Alliances

Comments

• DaCarpenterzDaCarpenterz Posts: 2
    I wanna know too.
  • Yash1379Yash1379 Posts: 6
    Bro what? Now when I emptied the Alliance Energy I could be free for like 4h 55m but now the timer is even reduced to 4h 25m to check again and again...... That'll create the pressure to move because I have energy, at least increase the energy cap to 10, please
  • SuperiorSveeSuperiorSvee Posts: 51
    The AQ seasons, pitting alliances against itself and challenges instead of who can get lucky for highest prestige gets big rewards for doing same content... is awesome. Undo awesome. Everything you said alliance quest is great.

War.... well, at least you heard pain points. But you essentially said that we can just hurt until you get something that may or may not be what you suggested into the game. Can you not just make it less painful immediately by toning down attack values like act 6? A bone on this?

Looking forward to next dev diary the most. Hoping it’s not too delayed.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Raids, more energy, slowed timer, possibly better matchmaking. Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes
  • PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    With the individual choices thing that was mentioned, make sure there isn't too much of a penalty for making the wrong decision to the point you could screw everyone over.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Sunny2 said:

Super underwhelming especially for wars. Completely the opposite feeling reading this when compared to quests. Nothing to make me think war is not a dying game mode and also nothing to make me think that wars are worthwhile to any alliance gold 1 or below for effort/stress they bring. Aq small modifiers but nothing game changing that would get anything excited. We have heard talk before and I think most of us was hoping finally for some semblance of follow through.

By the looks of this, this is more of a alliance QoL to make it more user friendly than a sweeping change. It sounds like there are rumblings of positive adjustments to have AW is played though with extra individual choice etc. Of course it does depend on what those choices are, and what their impact is.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,136 ★★★★★
    The AW road really isn’t that great the AQ it the one make me most excited to. Do
  • bob59300bob59300 Posts: 32
    edited June 2020
    Update war rewards P4 and below. It s the vast majority of this community, and editing rewards is an easy effort, much easier than all those pages of reading to say "we will" and "we work".
    I m a whale, but seeing how you treat most of the player base with those increased-rewards that doesn't makes me feel i want to spend money and time in AW.
    Just saying
  • The only positive was AQ timers. That will help tremendously. Rest was all fluff. Will be "excited" for that if they are every implemented. War still broken. The AQ timer refresh hopefully comes in soon. That said, appreciate the UI improvements.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    This is around what is needed, not quite as much unexpected additional stuff like the quest one with the summer of pain bosh rush and all that, but still it addresses the major concerns and I’m certainly excited to see how these raids work
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    So um do we have a new date for the next dev diary
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020
    A lot of the AW stuff sounds like a wishlist I'm not putting much faith in.

AQ on the other hand is concrete info (energy changes are great).

Raid boss tease sounds great.

All in all this was a lot better than the previous roadmap
  • Vedant_MehtaVedant_Mehta Posts: 95

Uh, this doesn’t really seem like anything substantial? Unless I’m missing something, the most substantial thing is Raid Bosses and a change in energy, which is nice, don’t get me wrong. But like the last roadmap, this is largely fluff without any real substance and it really doesn’t seem like anything really changed.

They should have released it earlier. Nothing too good except AQ timers. All things are just ideas right now. No deadline.
    Atleast we would have the champions and crystal roadmap today
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,136 ★★★★★

So um do we have a new date for the next dev diary

Probably when the next one. Mabye one Wednesday
  • Samuel030sSamuel030s Posts: 125
    Mase1127 said:

Some good AQ immediate changes an future potential. The AW stuff was basically all talk no substance, which is surprising considering you delayed this post for that reason. Looks like I missed the part that there will be changes before the start date. What about changes to rewards for P4 and below that got absolutely shafted?

What about AQ rewards? No talk about that. Is that going to be part of the mid season refresh? The glory store needs to be updated. It needs t5cc. Map 7 crystals are complete trash and need to be revisited. Changes to AQ are nice, but if the rewards/crystals still blow, what's the point?

Is the champions post still coming today, too? There's no "delayed" post on the forums.

The Champion blog post is confirmed to delayed due to the delay in the Amping Up Alliance blog post.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    -AQ : Most of it sound great

-Boss rush: Idea looks promising but no real details and no release date

-Help all: cant wait

-AW: some nice QoL stuff. Nothing concrete about changes for season 19 or beyond. Rewards are still nowhere near worth it for anyone below plat 3 (and i dont see how adding a gold 4 would change that). No real new idea in the pipeline it seems. Just the same old with more adjustment. That game mode really seems to be dying.