**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Should people still grind for 5* in Arena?

Comments

• Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Also the amount of 6*'s is irrelevant, he could have 1000 6*'s , that whale still has to put in the time...

Yeah, and they will for 6*s. I can hit around 90m with no units. Bring on a 6* arena. It won't help who you think though
    You not telling me anything I don't know, I was grinding and obtaining the 5* feature way before 6*s came in to play...
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

And you're smoking something serious if you think featured 5*s would drop to 20m cutoffs. A lot of the same people would keep grinding 5* arena you'd just have an influx of players with large rosters that rarely to never bothered with the arenas before.

Why not? You can get 4* by 2 million points. One day you will get 5* by 20 million or some reasonable number. It doesn't matter. The number will drop significantly.
    I'm not talking about one day. I'm talking about now. That one day will be when 6*s are as easily accessible as 5*s are now. Until then, lol goodluck
  • Options
    xNig said:

@Worknprogress you’ll be able to put in 40-50m easy with just your 6*s alone, 2 grinds a day, about 1+ hour each. Just sick dude. Lol

@GOTG I agree with Wnp. If you think 6*s are the go-to NOW, you’re very wrong.

I don't think people actually realize what scores would be when those rosters actually get put into arena and used fully
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    People will lose the interest with 5* arena faster than you guys can realize and it doesn't benefit both Kabam and players to keep the same old 5* features. It needs change. End of discussion.
  • Options
    Another thing to think about is, twice a month we will get 2 older champs in the arena...Those whales & peeps with a ton of 6*'s will most likely have that champ, that would give the smaller guys a shot at them..
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    GOTG said:

And you're smoking something serious if you think featured 5*s would drop to 20m cutoffs. A lot of the same people would keep grinding 5* arena you'd just have an influx of players with large rosters that rarely to never bothered with the arenas before.

Why not? You can get 4* by 2 million points. One day you will get 5* by 20 million or some reasonable number. It doesn't matter. The number will drop significantly.
    When there’s R5 6* floating about the 5* feature might drop to that, if, and only if, there is a 6* arena but equally it might not. A lot of accounts can get 40m+ without refreshes as it is and it’s only going to get easier as we all get more 6*.

More likely the point cut offs will stay the same but the value of each point will steadily decrease as it becomes easier to hit the points.

• Options

Another thing to think about is, twice a month we will get 2 older champs in the arena...Those whales & peeps with a ton of 6*'s will most likely have that champ, that would give the smaller guys a shot at them..

If it's a good older champ they'll go for sigs. Sig stones on 6*s are like gold still. I'd absolutely grind and arena for 20 sig levels
  • Options
    RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    There should be a basic 5* arena AND a 6* arena.

That would split the grinder into more arena which would give more chances to "normal" grinder to get the champs because lets be honest, 70M to get get a 5* is completely dumb.
  • Options
    UnassignedtesterUnassignedtester Posts: 24
    Let’s get a 5* basic first.... slow down people....
  • Options

Yeah give us 5* basic first, set the milestone high if they want. It will be a good step up.

Then definitely 6* feature.
  • Options
    Why are you afraid of 6* feature or 5* basic? The whales don't need to grind they just buy it straight up from cavalier crystals.

At the time when people have all 6* already and rank 3 many of them, players still have to spend 60 hours in 3 days, sleep less to get a meaningless 5*.

Which is unacceptable.
  • Options

Lot's of players want a 5* basic but for some reason they don't wanna add it...if I'm correct, I think one of the reason was they didn't want champ targeting .. :/
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    GOTG said:

Why are you afraid of 6* feature or 5* basic? The whales don't need to grind they just buy it straight up from cavalier crystals.

At the time when people have all 6* already and rank 3 many of them, players still have to spend 60 hours in 3 days, sleep less to get a meaningless 5*.

Which is unacceptable.

Nobody grinds 60 hours in three days to get a meaningless 5*. The only people grinding that much are people who disagree with you that they are meaningless. And their opinion matters more, because they're the ones grinding for the champ.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

GOTG said:

Which is unacceptable.

Nobody grinds 60 hours in three days to get a meaningless 5*. The only people grinding that much are people who disagree with you that they are meaningless. And their opinion matters more, because they're the ones grinding for the champ.
    It's Kabam responsibility to make their life better with 5* basic Arena and 6* feature.

They don't change the system, we are forced to battle in a small battlefield. It doesn't justify their decision very much like with AQ timer, 6.2 class gate, Abyss Collector bs fight.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    They are slow with change, doesn't mean the change isn't needed. Push it.
  • Options
    GOTG said:

DNA3000 said:

GOTG said:

Which is unacceptable.

It's Kabam responsibility to make their life better with 5* basic Arena and 6* feature.

They don't change the system, we are forced to battle in a small battlefield. It doesn't justify their decision very much like with AQ timer, 6.2 class gate, Abyss Collector bs fight.

They are looking into arena to make it better. Who's to say they won't eventually add a 5* basic? It is too soon for a 6K featured and honestly, it isn't really needed right now with this current integration of the game.
  • Options

GOTG said:

DNA3000 said:

GOTG said:

Which is unacceptable.

They are looking into arena to make it better. Who's to say they won't eventually add a 5* basic? It is too soon for a 6K featured and honestly, it isn't really needed right now with this current integration of the game.
    I disagree with it being to soon for a 6k featured , if cavaliers exists in the game why not a 6k featured? That don't make sense … Make it make sense !!!
  • Options
    Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★

Why do you care what other people do with their time?

I don't get how some people think that whatever may or may not work for them, that should be the way for everyone! Not everyone is at the same progression level, yet alone have the same goals!

To be honest, this isn't the time for 6*s to shine. Maxed out 5*s still run the show. Until content comes out that 5*s can't complete, 6*s are there for showing off. Even those duped r3 6s are not that significantly better than their 5* counterparts, and no content is geared toward having or needing those r3s right now.

Agreed that five star are still awesome but don't agree on your opinion about six stars - Whatever i do now with five stars, I can't take up my prestige anymore. Only six stars matter in top 50 aq tbh. Also everyone has a different progression need and the guy with the post just came up with his idea(progression based) which is perfectly alright.
  • Options

Man you're just gonna keep doubling down on making sure people know you don't have a clue what you're talking about aren't you?

And when Kabam release 6* arena what will you say?

Oh no, Kabam so wroong, look at my post, hear my wisdom.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Look, 5* feature is like a small shirt on a growing up boy. We have no other choice now, but it's time to buy a new shirt.
  • Options
    If my information is correct, the first 5* featured hero arena was released in February 15th, 2018.

Two years, 5 months ago. At that time, we already have 6* champions, and 5* rank 5.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/49801/introducing-5-star-featured-hero-arenas

It has done well for the contest, but it's old and we need a new - bigger arena.

• Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Just give up already.Calling us "dead mind" won't make you right.Kabam is improving.We don't need 6* arena right now maybe in far future but not now.

Prove us that 5* champions are not worth, only if you have prove,words don't prove anything.

Almost 99% players including endgame players still hunting 6* do they can be ready for book 2.
  • Options
    GOTG said:

Man you're just gonna keep doubling down on making sure people know you don't have a clue what you're talking about aren't you?

And when Kabam release 6* arena what will you say?

Oh no, Kabam so wroong, look at my post, hear my wisdom.
    I'll just sit here and hold my breath waiting for it to happen, I'm sure it will be any second now
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,332 ★★★★★
    6* arena is pointless at this time. You would only be able to use 6*s for that arena if following the same structure as the other arenas. That's not happening, no matter how hard you close your eyes and clinch your azz wishing for it!
  • Options

6* arena is pointless at this time. You would only be able to use 6*s for that arena if following the same structure as the other arenas. That's not happening, no matter how hard you close your eyes and clinch your azz wishing for it!

If that was the case we wouldn't be able to use 4*s in a 5* featured..
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Imagine thinking 5*s are already irrelevant...
    best save all your resources for 7*s or even 8*s if you’re that worried.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

If that was the case we wouldn't be able to use 4*s in a 5* featured..
    Still doesn't matter. Only the spenders would benefit from this arena.