Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    You guys who apparently got screwed can stop rubbing your faces in the people complaining about their unfair match up. This was expected once Kabam announced the change. I am expecting everyone who is gloating now to come back after a couple of seasons to come back and complain that the matches are too hard.
    The thing I can see is that even with earlier matching , we were not matched that different with respect to war rating. I am pretty sure, it is the same with higher prestige alliances(we are at 10k), so I don't know if everyone is expecting their rewards to improve magically from silver 1 to plat 1. You are still going to get matched with tough alliances, and you will still lose. All this for a very small number of alliances that made it into the platinum tiers. It was wrong, but suggesting that it was the only reason you guys were losing out on rewards is plainly stupid. After the war rating settles down, you are going to get matched with the same alliances as before, or even tougher ones consistently.
  • rock65xrock65x Member Posts: 25
    Sure. One alliance is nearly 3 times stronger than the other, can place 30 6*s for defenders. Seems legit to you in what universe? Lol.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Pulyaman said:

You guys who apparently got screwed can stop rubbing your faces in the people complaining about their unfair match up. This was expected once Kabam announced the change. I am expecting everyone who is gloating now to come back after a couple of seasons to come back and complain that the matches are too hard.
    The thing I can see is that even with earlier matching , we were not matched that different with respect to war rating. I am pretty sure, it is the same with higher prestige alliances(we are at 10k), so I don't know if everyone is expecting their rewards to improve magically from silver 1 to plat 1. You are still going to get matched with tough alliances, and you will still lose. All this for a very small number of alliances that made it into the platinum tiers. It was wrong, but suggesting that it was the only reason you guys were losing out on rewards is plainly stupid. After the war rating settles down, you are going to get matched with the same alliances as before, or even tougher ones consistently.

The only thing I think could be improved with the currents superior matchmaking system, is the way they went about switching from the old one.
    The better way (imo) would be to reset everyone to 0 war rating temporarily and then do something simple like ‘prestige/10 = war rating’ then theoretically everyone has ‘fair fights’ against people of a similar roster level.

Those whose skills surpass their prestige, move up and fight stronger opponents, both roster and skill wise, those whose skills are worse than their prestige will drop, which is how the current system will be once everything evens out.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    rock65x said:

Sure. One alliance is nearly 3 times stronger than the other, can place 30 6*s for defenders. Seems legit to you in what universe? Lol.

The weaker alliance can also have 0 deaths and max diversity and win the stronger alliance.

War ratings show that both alliances have similar war capabilities. Both alliances got the same season rank reward last season.

If the weaker one can’t beat the stronger one, or at least put up a legitimate fight, then they shouldn’t be in the same tier and war bracket, no?
  • JessieSJessieS Member Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    I don’t understand this rating nonsense . Alliances should be matched based on the strength of the players . If you want some crazy matches on ridiculously high tiers for no lifers go for it but let us more casual players at the silver level and below get normal matches . Seriously this is bs
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    This is a summary. New fairer system back to proven matchmaking system, = the game doesn’t fall apart from all the vets throwing in the towel. This has lead to some unfair wars this season. Soon the matches will be fair.
    The end
    edited July 2020
    Simple way to deal with tanking would be to have the option of reporting alliances for tanking, then kabam take a look at their recent war history, if they are considered to be cheating the system then they are reset to a standardised war rating for their alliance level and banned from receiving season rewards for a season atleast.
    Of course the system wouldn’t be perfect and every report would need to be checked by human eyes and not use some algorithm to decide whether it’s tanking or not.
    And there should be an appeal process that the leaders of said alliance can easily reach and explain their side to the story, of which every single appeal should be checked thoroughly.
  • SkitardSkitard Member Posts: 55
    Guess it's pointless to argue with them @GroundedWisdom... they don't agree with a bracketing reward system because they paid for all the upgrades they could get to increase their skills... only to find that skill wasn't included in the bundle... so they are all going to disagree with everything we say... since we didn't drop hundreds/thousands of dollars into the game, then we don't deserve to be rewarded for being able to win fights... but since they did they deserve tons of 5 and 6 star shards even if they lose every war...

For those of you who do agree with a bracketing system... kudos to you...

for those who don't... don't worry... kabam cares about you enough to reward you for your lack of skill...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Skitard said:

Guess it's pointless to argue with them @GroundedWisdom... they don't agree with a bracketing reward system because they paid for all the upgrades they could get to increase their skills... only to find that skill wasn't included in the bundle... so they are all going to disagree with everything we say... since we didn't drop hundreds/thousands of dollars into the game, then we don't deserve to be rewarded for being able to win fights... but since they did they deserve tons of 5 and 6 star shards even if they lose every war...

for those who don't... don't worry... kabam cares about you enough to reward you for your lack of skill...

Free to play here lmao
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Member Posts: 396 ★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Pulyaman said:

We played in tier 6-7 for the first 9 seasons, gold 1 sometimes gold 2 if we had a bad run, almost zero items, but ranking 5/65 korgs and things and investing in rankup materials to give us a shot at making plat. One alliance split (8 players left) Took a few weeks to recruit and settle screwed us into tier 11, we have been g3 and sil1 ever since, winning half our wars, b it never being able to progress because of the low prestige alliances in our tier, having cakewalk matches against noobs and uNorganised alliances, believe me we will be fine with tier 7 matchups again,
    You have no idea because you haven’t bothered to read what’s actually been happening and how messed up war ratings are right now,

yeah its really bad when you look around t 12ish. i was there for a while. in 2 allies a 25mil and a 4mil.
    strong allies are arm wrestling against stronger allies for a 50/50 win ratio not climbing or not dropping. my 25mil ally was fighting tough wars v other similar allies and not able to get out of t12 for a long time. we ended up jumping to a new ally cus we were sick of it.
    meanwhile the weak allies are literally getting easy ride. My 4mil ally was getting every 2nd matchup against an ally that did not even place full bgs and never attacked with 10 people in each BG. this continued until we ot to t9 where we were then atleast fighting other decent 4mil allies. then the climb up started.

i can tell you the wars in the 4mil ally were easier even once we reached t7 then the wars were in while we were in t12 with the 25mil ally.
    it was not a fiar situation. the stronger ally full of more experienced players fighting tougher wars using items for less rewards then the noobs who were only playin for a few months and never used items.
  • Sensei_MaatSensei_Maat Member Posts: 396 ★★★
    Skitard said:

a bracketing system is a great idea. but each bracket needs it own set of rewards.
    you cant have everyone competing within their own brackets but then getting placed on the same leaderboard for the same rewards. where top of bracket 6 takes the high rewards that should rightfully belong to mid bracket 1.

i would be all for a bracketing system if the rewards matched the system.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Member Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    @gr

That's half the problem. People aren't looking past their own nose. They're playing Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Based on their OWN experience, they're determining what's easy for others, where they should be, what Rewards they deserve, and whether they have the right to complain about their own Matches. It's just a joke. Might as well stop playing. Someone else is going to determine what you deserve because they're only winning half their Wars. Like that isn't logical to begin with. Of course you're going to be stuck if you're only breaking even.

That's half the problem. People aren't looking past their own nose. They're playing Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Based on their OWN experience, they're determining what's easy for others, where they should be, what Rewards they deserve, and whether they have the right to complain about their own Matches. It's just a joke. Might as well stop playing. Someone else is going to determine what you deserve because they're only winning half their Wars. Like that isn't logical to begin with. Of course you're going to be stuck if you're only breaking even.

As I have said before, come join our group to gain perspective from the other side. You are only taking the view of the alliances with over inflated war ratings.

Once the system balances out again, like rated alliances will be fighting each other and the best will rise up, but to do it they will have to fight tougher opponents instead of beating up the same prestige alliances like they have in the past. It will be more challenging, but in this case the ends do justify the means.
  • Timone147Timone147 Member Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    One item for those saying “we are winning against evenly matched alliances and that’s the same as you playing against alliances of similar size and losing... its the same” argument.

This is fundamentally not true. Let take roster size out of the equation but look at what it takes to get a roster of that size. Do you think the time invested in the game doesn’t make many people also stronger players? Do you really think that a 5000 prestige alliance has the skill/resources of a 10000 prestige alliance if they were to match up evenly on the battlefield in a 4* war. Some maybe but the majority no.

Those alliances have people who 100% act 6, 100% abyss, cleared every game challenge and every variant.

Doing these things increases their skill. In playing this game longer and clearing content you can’t even think of going after yet their skill has been pushed higher.

Again this is not for every single instance but I would argue the majority of instances these large highly organized alliances with tenured players would win for more than just their larger rosters.
    edited July 2020
    Skitard said:

You can have your bracket system if you like, but in order to avoid people deliberately putting themselves in a cycle of relegation and promotion, the top reward in the lower bracket needs to be less enticing than the second bottom tier (the lowest one could place that would not result in you being relegated). And I can guarantee half of the people complaining about unfair matchups now would soon complain when they can’t earn tier 5 class catalyst fragment crystals (that they literally won’t have a use for) or half a 6* each month.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Rajdeep9 said:

Rajdeep9 said:

Here’s the deal. If you want the rewards come and beat us and take them now.... some baby alliance with a bunch of wins should not get better rewards than my alliance that would smash them. You want em come and get em....

Well it’s not our issue that you cannot match up against alliances with your war rating and lose. So to be happy you call it being fair and start winning fights against lower rated alliances. Really awesome!!!
    They are matching alliances with their war ratings now and these alliances are complaining it’s an unfair matchup (like you’re doing now).

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, you might wanna keep quiet.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Member Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    The weight category is tiers, the problem is they were being ignored, you will fit nicely now in the tier you belong in, as will I, without spending any money.
    if you are a 3* alliance you have no place jumping the queue with an artificially inflated war rating. and now you won’t get to jump that queue so.... nothing to see here just some people trying to prop back up the broken system that has been discredited and dropped, rewards in this game and pretty much every game ever, are tiered to increase the more you play, rewarding top prizes to the newer players that don’t have to fight the experienced players makes no sense in any competition
    Rajdeep9 said:

Absolutely. So get a bracket system in and replace weights by alliance rating...

You are literally arguing with the people that would be perfectly fine with this...

Skitard said:

a bracketing system is a great idea. but each bracket needs it own set of rewards.
    you cant have everyone competing within their own brackets but then getting placed on the same leaderboard for the same rewards. where top of bracket 6 takes the high rewards that should rightfully belong to mid bracket 1.

i would be all for a bracketing system if the rewards matched the system.
    That's what i was saying in my earlier post... not the same rewards in lower tier brackets... just not trash rewards like lower rated alliances are going to be getting...
    Speeds80 said:

Skitard said:

I’ve competed every single event/boss rush in game since I had an r4 ds, spent about $20 in the last 3 years, you maybe better than me, in some fights but if it’s a war then my investment of time and effort is now being rewarded. There Are tiers, the Ignoring of them is what broke the system, I’ve been stuck in t12, I don’t belong there. You play against noob alliances that probably can’t place full defense half the time, you don’t deserve more rewards than me. You just think that you deserve the season rewards the broken system was giving to you Ahead of me, when my war team would destroy yours
    once again... all the wars I was in the past 2 seasons were on the same level as our alliance... not trash alliances that didn't place defenders and didn't attack... they were just as active as us and just as strong... so yeah... only losing 4 wars I believe our alliance is entitled to good rewards... not a couple 3 and 4 star shards...
This discussion has been closed.