Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SkitardSkitard Member Posts: 55
    also as far as this "oh I've done thousands of quests, so I deserve good war rewards" attitude goes... in case you didn't notice it, wars are a team effort... they require an alliance to work as a team to beat another alliance doing the same... so regardless of your solo efforts... if your alliance can't best an alliance on the same level as yours, you deserve crappy rewards... if you can best an alliance on your level you do deserve good rewards...
  • PgalPgal Member Posts: 39
    While it looks nasty. it's a necessary correction to the system.

You can't compete in the championship, but have your points stand in the Premier League.

i just hope the fix is quick.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Rajdeep9 said:

Based on the limits of war rating create 2 -3 brackets and let teams compete within those brackets. Have platinum to silver rewards for each bracket. However, the Platinum bracket of higher tiers will have extensively better rewards than the lower tier ones.

Before start of new season again run the filters to sort alliances into brackets. So if you want higher rewards and if you are skillful enough then higher alliances would open their doors for you and everything is justified by your skills.

And winning is all about talent and not about getting easy matchups to get ranked up. And mind you in previous wars alliances have achieved G2 by winning fights against alliances of similar ratings. What is so wrong in that? Just because higher alliances can’t win wars against similar rated alliances they want an easy way to get rewards. Get it but don’t say we are wrong.

You are wrong.

(You’re welcome.)
    Skitard said:

Skitard said:

Guess it's pointless to argue with them @GroundedWisdom... they don't agree with a bracketing reward system because they paid for all the upgrades they could get to increase their skills... only to find that skill wasn't included in the bundle... so they are all going to disagree with everything we say... since we didn't drop hundreds/thousands of dollars into the game, then we don't deserve to be rewarded for being able to win fights... but since they did they deserve tons of 5 and 6 star shards even if they lose every war...

For those of you who do agree with a bracketing system... kudos to you...

for those who don't... don't worry... kabam cares about you enough to reward you for your lack of skill...

a bracketing system is a great idea. but each bracket needs it own set of rewards.
    you cant have everyone competing within their own brackets but then getting placed on the same leaderboard for the same rewards. where top of bracket 6 takes the high rewards that should rightfully belong to mid bracket 1.

i would be all for a bracketing system if the rewards matched the system.
    That's what i was saying in my earlier post... not the same rewards in lower tier brackets... just not trash rewards like lower rated alliances are going to be getting...
    Sadly, if you belong to the lower rated alliances, and a tier system were to be introduced, you will most probably be getting close to the “trash” rewards you shun but deserve.
    Gmonkey said:

Skitard said:

also as far as this "oh I've done thousands of quests, so I deserve good war rewards" attitude goes... in case you didn't notice it, wars are a team effort... they require an alliance to work as a team to beat another alliance doing the same... so regardless of your solo efforts... if your alliance can't best an alliance on the same level as yours, you deserve crappy rewards... if you can best an alliance on your level you do deserve good rewards...

With one set of rewards you should face all challengers. With a tiered system take the brackets and I am positive many alliances of lower prestige would hate the rewards because it would just be taking current rewards and assigning to a tier.
    Only if you assume I believe the rewards should stay the same for you higher rated alliances... at no point did i say "screw the strong alliances"... i believe that the strong alliances who get gold while versing alliances on their level should get 6 star shards... but silver and below should get 5 star shards... same for the lower tier bracket... the winning alliances deserve some 6 star shards... not as many as the higher tier bracket winners get... but they don't deserve to be in this broken ass system where a 10mil alliance who win against alliances on their level get stuck with little to no 5 star shards at the end of a war season... and no 6 star shards at all... if you believe that alliances who lose every war facing any alliance on their level deserve good rewards because they can't lose to the weak alliances in silver... i can only assume you believe that 26th place in a race deserves a trophy... and if you don't believe that I don't see how you can agree with the system in play...
    Skitard said:

Gmonkey said:

Skitard said:

With one set of rewards you should face all challengers. With a tiered system take the brackets and I am positive many alliances of lower prestige would hate the rewards because it would just be taking current rewards and assigning to a tier.
    Only if you assume I believe the rewards should stay the same for you higher rated alliances... at no point did i say "screw the strong alliances"... i believe that the strong alliances who get gold while versing alliances on their level should get 6 star shards... but silver and below should get 5 star shards... same for the lower tier bracket... the winning alliances deserve some 6 star shards... not as many as the higher tier bracket winners get... but they don't deserve to be in this broken ass system where a 10mil alliance who win against alliances on their level get stuck with little to no 5 star shards at the end of a war season... and no 6 star shards at all... if you believe that alliances who lose every war facing any alliance on their level deserve good rewards because they can't lose to the weak alliances in silver... i can only assume you believe that 26th place in a race deserves a trophy... and if you don't believe that I don't see how you can agree with the system in play...
    10m alliance means on average each member is at 330k hero rating. Little to no 5* shards and 0 6* shards sound like the correct level of rewards for them.

Like many above have pointed out, those inflated war ratings and rewards lower alliances have been getting for the past seasons have ballooned their entitlement levels up sky high.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Member Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    @Mauled that isn’t the type of thing that is a problem... I mean your alliances are only about 700 prestige apart which isn’t horrible. What is the problem is when one alliance has twice or even three times the prestige of the other

Skitard said:

Guess it's pointless to argue with them @GroundedWisdom... they don't agree with a bracketing reward system because they paid for all the upgrades they could get to increase their skills... only to find that skill wasn't included in the bundle... so they are all going to disagree with everything we say... since we didn't drop hundreds/thousands of dollars into the game, then we don't deserve to be rewarded for being able to win fights... but since they did they deserve tons of 5 and 6 star shards even if they lose every war...

for those who don't... don't worry... kabam cares about you enough to reward you for your lack of skill...

Wow. Lmao. Hahaha..
    Well bro if you’re that skilled, win your next war. That. plain. simple.

Coz it’s about skill right?. and I’m sure you guys have the minimum defender criteria.

Ahh..
    Skill skill skill...
    I’m about to say a few words for you and people like you. If you gonna get offended don’t read it, but take it as a friendly advice from a f2p player. Because this is the first lesson you must learn here;

Just because you’re a F2P, or spending so much time in this game, that doesn’t make other people suck at this game. In fact the known best players are all spenders. They’re spending smart and playing smart and celebrating others for their victory as you should do. I don’t give a damn care if you gonna blame kabam all the day but you cannot blame your fellow summoners unless they’re cheaters.

Long story short; go back to your gold3 tier and enjoy your 4* shards.
    You sir are an idiot... i have repeatedly said that I believe there should be a tier bracket based on alliance rating, prestige, and war rating... and rewards should be given to those who can win against other alliances on an even playing field... once again I am not saying punish the strong alliances... I'm saying don't punish the weak ones just because they can't beat an alliance 3x their strength... but people like you who fail to comprehend a post written on a 3rd grade reading level are coming back at me with the same line... "if you belong in this tier then win your next war against that alliance 3x as strong as yours..." I mean if you guys need me to speak monosyllabically for you to understand it better, I do apologize but my vocabulary doesn't reach that much of a dumbed down level...
    Ebony_Naw said:

Skitard said:

The bracketing system has one major advantage, in that you would never have to face an alliance that ridiculously outmatched you. Certainly every individual war would be more fun. One question I have is where do you put the brackets? The issue with parsing continuous variables into discrete categories is where do you draw the line? I think we would all agree that there is a big gap between a 5k and 9k alliance, but what about a 5k and 7k ally? 7k and 8k? 8.5k and 9k? 9k and 9.1k? Where are we putting these brackets and why there? No matter where Kabam would draw the line, people would get shafted.

But even then, let's say Kabam were to find that perfect sweet spot to separate tiers, there is yet another issue, which is perhaps even more flawed in my opinion than the initial one I brought up. Namely, your league is stagnant for the entire season. Sure, you're fighting for rewards, but you have no opportunity to grow into far better rewards. Everyone should have the right to that opportunity.

So for me, the real question is once the mismatches settle down, are there still going to be enough mismatches in lower tiers to warrant locking brackets, or would the mismatches only start once you climbed really far? Because the latter choice should be the natural challenge progression of war seasons imo
    at the same time the way it'll be soon will be the same scenario you just spoke of... alliances stuck in a spot with no hope of climbing up past a certain level because they can't get the the rewards to grow strong enough to drop the alliances above them because the alliances above them are all receiving better rewards... so yeah... the tier bracket would be somewhat difficult to set up... but not impossible... and would make it way better for everyone and not just for the ridiculously strong alliances... but "fair" won't benefit the strong alliances that only stay high on the chain because the ones below them aren't even close in power...
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

You guys who apparently got screwed can stop rubbing your faces in the people complaining about their unfair match up. This was expected once Kabam announced the change. I am expecting everyone who is gloating now to come back after a couple of seasons to come back and complain that the matches are too hard.
    The thing I can see is that even with earlier matching , we were not matched that different with respect to war rating. I am pretty sure, it is the same with higher prestige alliances(we are at 10k), so I don't know if everyone is expecting their rewards to improve magically from silver 1 to plat 1. You are still going to get matched with tough alliances, and you will still lose. All this for a very small number of alliances that made it into the platinum tiers. It was wrong, but suggesting that it was the only reason you guys were losing out on rewards is plainly stupid. After the war rating settles down, you are going to get matched with the same alliances as before, or even tougher ones consistently.

Getting matched with the same alliances in the higher tiers will be just fine. You don't know what you are talking about. The problem was that if you had an issue in your alliance and dropped tiers you never got easier matches. You still fought higher groups fighting for plat 1/2 even if you were in gold. Or if you fell far enough you fought matches where deaths were few on both sides and on bad fight determined the war. War rating will make all the difference.
    If I don't agree with you, I don't know what I am talking abt? Nice assumption there champ. I am all for war rating based match ups and fair game play. I just don't agree with the way Kabam has gone about it and the way people replying that it will be that way and it will get better. I placed P4 last season and I am still crushing my opponent this season, so believe me , matchmaking has not affected me one bit. I understand that some people have suffered due to the earlier matchmaking, but assuming that you will get to masters just because they have changed matchmaking is a little stretch. Some alliances rated lower that you were placed higher. We will see after the season ends where everyone falls.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

Rajdeep9 said:

And just so you know this is why worldwide in sports like boxing and weightlifting they have weight categories. You do not just get matchups with other weight categories just because the higher alliances think you are unjust winning continuously in your weight category.

This system sucks in favor of higher alliances willing to spend money on game. That is the truth. And we need to accept it.

In boxing you don't get the heavyweight title and purse money for beating amateurs at your local gym
    You also don't get a Heavyweight thrown into the gym with you just because you're Oscar De La Hoya, and made money on par.
    Everyone keeps talking about the Rewards and here they are proud as peacocks that the Matches are uneven. The Rewards could have been dealt with. No, no. It's about watching the Allies with weaker Champs fail. 100% sport loss.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Everyone keeps talking about the Rewards and here they are proud as peacocks that the Matches are uneven. The Rewards could have been dealt with. No, no. It's about watching the Allies with weaker Champs fail. 100% sport loss.

It's really surprising that people seem to think that this change is going to elevate them so much. Even in @QuikPik analysis, how many alliances were there that were not supposed to be there? These guys were getting matched with almost equal war rating earlier too. What got them riled up was that they saw some lower rated alliances being places higher than them and it was raised every season. I agree that it was not an ideal system but doing it this way is also not good. Sorry for the comparison, telling the alliances getting huge mismatch that it will be better in a few wars is like saying to woman getting **** it will all be over soon.
    Pulyaman said:

It's really surprising that people seem to think that this change is going to elevate them so much. Even in @QuikPik analysis, how many alliances were there that were not supposed to be there? These guys were getting matched with almost equal war rating earlier too. What got them riled up was that they saw some lower rated alliances being places higher than them and it was raised every season. I agree that it was not an ideal system but doing it this way is also not good. Sorry for the comparison, telling the alliances getting huge mismatch that it will be better in a few wars is like saying to woman getting **** it will all be over soon.
    Yeah, I tried to point that out too. People think those Allies were taking up their spots, and they ignored their own performance. You can't go up winning only half the Wars.

Pulyaman said:

Yeah, I tried to point that out too. People think those Allies were taking up their spots, and they ignored their own performance. You can't go up winning only half the Wars.
    They were only winning half the wars because they weren’t fighting people at your tier but rather at your rating
    This system will allow higher allies to get to where they deserve
    The ally we fought last war was higher war rating then us and they were still placing 4* defenders they didn’t even get past the first section while I don’t blame them for the broken system how the hell did an ally that low get to such a high tier it’s just ridiculous
    They were only winning half the Wars against Allies of their own strength. So they decided they could win against Allies with weaker Champs. Slow clap.
This discussion has been closed.