Options

Matchmaking Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 858 ★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Pulyaman said:

Don't know why you guys are poking him unnecessarily. Anyone have any idea for shells? I think there was a idea that if more that 15 members change, we could guess they are shelling. What to do though? Disqualify both the source and destination alliance for 1 season?

Poking would imply looking for a response from him. I am not.
    Same here, if anything I'm trying to make the point that engaging is futile.

Who cares if a minority put their blinkers on. If anyone is expecting them to acknowledge posts from people who have experienced both sides of how broken matchmaking was or respond to the questions that have conveniently been ignored you're setting yourself up for disappointment because it's never going to happen.
  • Options
    Adios50Adios50 Posts: 38
    It's been a long time killing a small Alliance
  • Options
    GOTG said:

Adios50 said:

It's been a long time killing a small Alliance

You took advantage of the previous matchmaking system far too long.

You guys should disband.
    for what war is in fact the reward is not so tempting
  • Options
    the worst season for now
  • Options
    Mtl55Mtl55 Posts: 63
    This war matching means that now there is no place for the equality in the game. By this matchmaking we are getting an alliance which is of players of 3 times stronger than us which is definitely not fair because its a simple squashing for them. Does this means that there is no place for alliance like us like middle class alliance. We also deserve our place in the game and have right for the better matchups also. We also share the same passion, we also fight with same affection, we also give equal time so do you want to take away that happiness of fighting and winning against opponents of our own level. The game is not solely about the rewards and winning it is also about that joy of playing and honestly these matchups simply take that away. If kabam wants middle class alliance like ours to go out of game than it can simply give a message also but don't give us that sadness of being a helpless duck in open water. This is not fair.
  • Options

Forget fair matchups this one is not not even a matchup its more of thrashing, matchups like this are example of ignorance shown towards the middle class alliance. Don't we guys deserve a place in rhe game. Its works only to give sadness rather than giving joy of playing. How are we even supposed to think of playing against opponents like this. I have seen a lot of guys saying that this will take you where you belong. So is this the way game will be going by only caring for the higher class on expense of middle class alliance. No wonder seeing people saying that we are stronger we need to go above and they are the same people who talk of equality in real life when they are the biggest supporter of inequality in virtual life. Does strong needs to become stronger or should the lower one be given chance to stand on par with them. If this is the way kabam will be treating middle class alliance then it is surely doing an injustice to us. Guys don't be ignorant in intoxication of power and just turn your face away from this. This is game meant to be joyful and give happiness whn you play when you sometimes win sometimes loose but always on fair terms but we definitely don't deserve the sadness of being helpless with such matchmaking. We are not here for the thrashing from unfair matchups but deserve fair matchups for that joy of playing
    Hope you have a nice day ahead because ours couldn't be by such unfair matchups.
    Have a nice day ahead.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Mtl55 these matches are temporary. They will only last until the war rating is in line with your alliance's strength.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I think you'll still see quite a few outliers at the end of this season. A lot of the upper mid alliances that have been fighting it out around Gold 1/2 will probably finish higher than they typically "should" this season. They're the ones that will probably have a higher amount of mismatches in their favor and will have quite a few wars with inflated points from opponents not clearing the map.

So if your one of those alliances that ends up with a very padded season score at the end of this one, you shouldn't necessarily assume you'll be there are even close to there once matches even out more

Yeah, those alliances have a much lower war rating than they would have if they weren’t facing strong high prestige alliances, so it’s basically the same effect as tanking, this season is going to be all over the place until alliances get into their real position for their strength skill and effort put into war, those alliances getting matched with much stronger alliances they just can’t win against will place lower since they’re getting a higher amount of losses, it’s a great change for the long term, it’s just going to mess up rankings for this season a bit
    Not really. I don't see those alliances making massive gains in war rating once matches even out. They'll be back to matching against alliances their own strength and winning a similar percentage of their wars to before.
    I don't think you understand the degree that alliances have been nerfed. My alliance has been stuck in gold 1/2 and we are the 49th biggest alliance overall in game. No way we are anything less than plat 2 when its all said and done. The numbers don't support that unless 38 million rated alliances start beating us and even then thats plat 3 at the lowest.
    Oh I'm sure people will go up. I'm just not sure it's as much as some people think. There are less of the mismatch alliances in tiers the higher up you go really. I'm not saying anyone is wrong or I'm right, as I can't know for sure. I'm just curious and not sure everyone will see as large of a jump as they expect is all.
  • Options
    JheMac98JheMac98 Posts: 8
    @LeNoirFaineant I totally agree with your idea. Currently, Alliance war rating is somehow not aligned with the alliance actual strength. There are Alliances are very strong and yet they War rating are small.

To all, about the alliance war rating base matchmaking, here's the link:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/207837/reminder-global-war-rating-compression-starting-now#latest
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

I think you'll still see quite a few outliers at the end of this season. A lot of the upper mid alliances that have been fighting it out around Gold 1/2 will probably finish higher than they typically "should" this season. They're the ones that will probably have a higher amount of mismatches in their favor and will have quite a few wars with inflated points from opponents not clearing the map.

So if your one of those alliances that ends up with a very padded season score at the end of this one, you shouldn't necessarily assume you'll be there are even close to there once matches even out more

Yeah, those alliances have a much lower war rating than they would have if they weren’t facing strong high prestige alliances, so it’s basically the same effect as tanking, this season is going to be all over the place until alliances get into their real position for their strength skill and effort put into war, those alliances getting matched with much stronger alliances they just can’t win against will place lower since they’re getting a higher amount of losses, it’s a great change for the long term, it’s just going to mess up rankings for this season a bit
    Not really. I don't see those alliances making massive gains in war rating once matches even out. They'll be back to matching against alliances their own strength and winning a similar percentage of their wars to before.
    I don't think you understand the degree that alliances have been nerfed. My alliance has been stuck in gold 1/2 and we are the 49th biggest alliance overall in game. No way we are anything less than plat 2 when its all said and done. The numbers don't support that unless 38 million rated alliances start beating us and even then thats plat 3 at the lowest.
    Oh I'm sure people will go up. I'm just not sure it's as much as some people think. There are less of the mismatch alliances in tiers the higher up you go really. I'm not saying anyone is wrong or I'm right, as I can't know for sure. I'm just curious and not sure everyone will see as large of a jump as they expect is all.
    Yeah that's why I pointed out how bad the disparities are though to show that people realistically will move up as much as they expect. I'm going to move up at least 3 brackets in one season and I'm just one alliance. I started this season in Tier 8 and I'm now tier 5. (we're only on our third war) I'm pretty sure that the majority will move up at least 2 brackets which is really high overall. The disparities were that bad, its hard to imagine.
  • Options
    The game is about joy of playing not about where you are who you are. I am not saying and will not say anytime that season is ruined or something like that beacuse game is not about where you belong or what rewards you get it is about that joy of playing and honestly put your hand to your heart and say that this is giving joy to a lot guys who play for fun and joy. If your heart says yes thats the case its ok i have nothing further to say and if your heart says no injustice is there than you can know pain of it. Its only giving sadness and taking away joy and happiness

Mtl55 said:

This war matching means that now there is no place for the equality in the game. By this matchmaking we are getting an alliance which is of players of 3 times stronger than us which is definitely not fair because its a simple squashing for them. Does this means that there is no place for alliance like us like middle class alliance. We also deserve our place in the game and have right for the better matchups also. We also share the same passion, we also fight with same affection, we also give equal time so do you want to take away that happiness of fighting and winning against opponents of our own level. The game is not solely about the rewards and winning it is also about that joy of playing and honestly these matchups simply take that away. If kabam wants middle class alliance like ours to go out of game than it can simply give a message also but don't give us that sadness of being a helpless duck in open water. This is not fair.

By the end of this season you'll have a much more realistic view of just where that place actually is
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,266 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I didn't benefit AT ALL. The topic is about how it was "necessary" to do this, and it was absolutely not necessary. It was wanted. Only, it came at the expense of many people who keep posting and getting trolled that "Matches are fair. War Ratings are similar.".
    It's not just some unfortunate but necessary transition phase. It's ruining their Season efforts and rendering the final results inaccurate because they have no chance of winning these Wars. Saying they just want better Rewards for less work is just ignorant. Their argument isn't for the Rewards. It's the grossly unfair Matches. I'm speaking to their issue because I knew it was going to happen, and I'm not just going to pretend that they don't matter.

I think it was wanted by the high tier alliances and it was also necessary to some extent because it was screwing over some of the alliances. But, the way they went about it was too abrupt. Too many changes, the maps, the matchmaking, the defense tactics, rewards increase only in the top tiers.The maps and defense tactics should have been kept for one more season. They could have done what was suggested here with regards to prestige or alliance rating and used that as a metric, it would have resulted in uneven matches, but we are not going for a perfect system here. What's done is done and we need to figure out how to refine the system, not argue over who is more right at this point.
    That's the problem. Each one of these Alliances that complain are made up of people. They're not just Accounts. They're Players, Players who are being told their efforts are worth setting up to fail because their time and effort isn't valuable. While that may not be the intention, that's the outcome. When you're intentionally placed in a competition you have no chance of winning and being told it's necessary, that makes you expendable. It makes your goals and your work, a month's worth no less, not valuable. Not important. Less important than making those Top Players happy. I'm not about to pretend that those Allies, those people, don't matter. They absolutely do. Just like any other Human Being that picks up the game.
    What exactly is it that you want at this point mate? The system is in place. If you want people to apologize, its not going to happen. If you want the old system back, it may happen but even I don't want that at this point and I was against this decision of switching the matchmaking method that has resulted in uneven matches. At this point, it just feels like you are arguing for sympathy, which to be honest, none of the alliance that benefited from the system is going to get. As much as I hate to say it, the system is here to stay, so instead of arguing in circles as to how it should have been implemented, we are better off in thinking ways to improve this war rating based method so that all alliances have a best chance to get good matches and improve.
    What I want is an acknowledgement for what these Players have had to go through just to make others happy. At the very least for people to respect the fact that they're not happy and they shouldn't have to be. It's not okay. Not at all.
    Wait you mean the bigger allies getting unfair matchups in the previous seasons to let smaller allies go higher then they should for the past 10 seasons
    You seem so sympathetic for the smaller allies but what about the bigger allies
    Unfair matchups....were they? Were they really? Not at all. Not even close to this. Their Matches were equal their own strength. That's the definition of fair.

As for the rest of the comments, telling people it will all be better later doesn't invalidate what they're saying. Ketchup won't make the #### sandwich taste better.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Yeah that's why I pointed out how bad the disparities are though to show that people realistically will move up as much as they expect. I'm going to move up at least 3 brackets in one season and I'm just one alliance. I started this season in Tier 8 and I'm now tier 5. (we're only on our third war) I'm pretty sure that the majority will move up at least 2 brackets which is really high overall. The disparities were that bad, its hard to imagine.
    We'll see. I think there's going to be a ton of outliers at the end of this season. The very top will see far less of a variance in matches so probably won't see a big change in win percentage. People underneath them typically will likely have a disproportionate amount of easier mismatches so have a pretty good chance to end higher than they typically would. Next seasons finishing places will be far more indicative of where people would fall naturally than this one I think.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I didn't benefit AT ALL. The topic is about how it was "necessary" to do this, and it was absolutely not necessary. It was wanted. Only, it came at the expense of many people who keep posting and getting trolled that "Matches are fair. War Ratings are similar.".
    It's not just some unfortunate but necessary transition phase. It's ruining their Season efforts and rendering the final results inaccurate because they have no chance of winning these Wars. Saying they just want better Rewards for less work is just ignorant. Their argument isn't for the Rewards. It's the grossly unfair Matches. I'm speaking to their issue because I knew it was going to happen, and I'm not just going to pretend that they don't matter.

I think it was wanted by the high tier alliances and it was also necessary to some extent because it was screwing over some of the alliances. But, the way they went about it was too abrupt. Too many changes, the maps, the matchmaking, the defense tactics, rewards increase only in the top tiers.The maps and defense tactics should have been kept for one more season. They could have done what was suggested here with regards to prestige or alliance rating and used that as a metric, it would have resulted in uneven matches, but we are not going for a perfect system here. What's done is done and we need to figure out how to refine the system, not argue over who is more right at this point.
    That's the problem. Each one of these Alliances that complain are made up of people. They're not just Accounts. They're Players, Players who are being told their efforts are worth setting up to fail because their time and effort isn't valuable. While that may not be the intention, that's the outcome. When you're intentionally placed in a competition you have no chance of winning and being told it's necessary, that makes you expendable. It makes your goals and your work, a month's worth no less, not valuable. Not important. Less important than making those Top Players happy. I'm not about to pretend that those Allies, those people, don't matter. They absolutely do. Just like any other Human Being that picks up the game.
    What exactly is it that you want at this point mate? The system is in place. If you want people to apologize, its not going to happen. If you want the old system back, it may happen but even I don't want that at this point and I was against this decision of switching the matchmaking method that has resulted in uneven matches. At this point, it just feels like you are arguing for sympathy, which to be honest, none of the alliance that benefited from the system is going to get. As much as I hate to say it, the system is here to stay, so instead of arguing in circles as to how it should have been implemented, we are better off in thinking ways to improve this war rating based method so that all alliances have a best chance to get good matches and improve.
    What I want is an acknowledgement for what these Players have had to go through just to make others happy. At the very least for people to respect the fact that they're not happy and they shouldn't have to be. It's not okay. Not at all.
    Wait you mean the bigger allies getting unfair matchups in the previous seasons to let smaller allies go higher then they should for the past 10 seasons
    You seem so sympathetic for the smaller allies but what about the bigger allies
    Unfair matchups....were they? Were they really? Not at all. Not even close to this. Their Matches were equal their own strength. That's the definition of fair.

As for the rest of the comments, telling people it will all be better later doesn't invalidate what they're saying. Ketchup won't make the #### sandwich taste better.
    Thats exactly what kabam has done. It has make higher tier alliance happy on expense of middle class alliance. The fair is to have opponent of same strength and than have fun and joy of playing but this matchmaking system is only making sad. Please be fair kabam be fair.
  • Options

Pulyaman said:

So now that majority of players are pro Kabam moves on the forum you care about these people that aren't just accounts, they're "players."

You had no problem for the last year plus that I've been on forums with Kabam's unfair systems now all of sudden you don't agree with Canadian difficulty being too easy, and you don't like War setup. C'mon dude, you can't have reputation for being pro Kabam everything for years and now be the champion for the little guy. People of course aren't taking you seriously.
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I've been active in War discussions for years. The same point I had when I suggested using Prestige to stop people from Tanking is the same point I'm making now. The outcome is the same. People are being taken advantage of.
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

Their matches were equal for their strength, but the rewards they were getting from them were not. It were actually the rewards of other, stronger alliances.
    Their matches will be equal their own strength from next week. With the only difference, they’ll be getting the rewards they deserve. Not the stripped off ones from stronger allies due to a broken/fixed matchmaking.
    That’s the definition of fair 👍
    No, no. That's called switching arguments. The argument was that larger Allies were being given unfair matchups. That's incorrect. Now the argument is the Rewards? Any excuse to take advantage of Allies that have no chance of winning.
This discussion has been closed.