**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance Quest Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020

1234_abcd said:

tafre said:

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre (this will NOT reverse healing, but reduce it)
    Reduce all other debuffs to 25% potency
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:
    Change Heal Block to 75% Spectre

Power to Cower:
    Change stacking power rate to .5% from 1.5%
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:
    Change Acid Wash Hulkbuster to Iron Man (The original one).

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

The changes seem pretty good but I have one issue with what you have said here. I don't know if you are aware but top10, even top 20 is pretty much impossible for f2p players to reach unless they got extremely lucky with all their 6 stars and prestige. If lower people cannot have an opportunity to get these t5cc fragments and only the top of the top try to get, the rich get richer and the rest get nothing. I am not a part of a top of the top prestige ally because they would not take me, my prestige is nowhere near the level they would want, but I am pretty certain I can do just fine with these modifiers and not to brag but I have been doing quite well with them so far. Your assumption that being in a top alliance shows you are skilled is dead wrong, it just means that you spent a considerably amount to get your prestige high, you might be very skilled but that is not a given.
    You're right that being in a Top Tier Alliance does not mean that you are not skilled. Alliance Quests are an old game mode, and they made use of Prestige. We're trying to move away from that, and one of the ways was by introducing Modifiers. We've still got a ways to go, and there are many improvements that we want to make in the future, but it's an iterative process.
    This is a direct contradiction to your earlier statement that this is for top 5-10 alliances... which would be the highest prestige alliances, correct? Putting off until the future is also a convenient way to ignore the majority of your players. Moving away from prestige when people have ranked terrible champs for prestige is another slap in the face to a lot of players.
    Kabam will never move away from prestiege. Especially now when the gap has been made incredibly wider with R3 6 stars.
    I don't see prestige going anywhere as it's always been a great revenue source for them. With the changes to honor rewards though, I could definitely see them lessening the importance of it. It won't ever mean it doesn't matter, just that players will still be able to get higher tier rewards without feeling they HAVE to spend as long as they have the ability to clear the hardest maps with the hardest modifiers. Basically what a large portion of people have been asking for, reward skill not just spend.

Yet again though, as soon as they introduce something difficult people have a fit. There are some legitimate complaints about the new modifiers though I won't even try to argue that. They're far from all valid though.
    Prestige will get lessened naturally when everyone is able to get to a top 5 of all r3 6 stars. Unfortunately due to 6 stars needing 200 sigs most players will still not have a high enough dup level to compete even then. So it will take until next year minimum for people to even begin to scratch the surface who aren't whales.

As far as the EPIC modifiers I played them and I was able to get past day 1 with relative ease but Hulkbuster left me with 5 items on day 2 due to so sayeth doom. It was way over tuned and it wouldn't have been that big of a deal but King Groot cannot be the number one option. I'm not ranking him for one lane or expect a teammate to do that either. So my biggest gripe was Hulkbuster being there, everything else top skilled people would've been able to overcome in time but the nerf just makes it come much sooner which I'm happy about.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    Anyone else have issues with the new Epic modifier Turning the Tide with it missing the Special 1/2/3 icon from showing up at all? I know it's the purple icon one but it was gone for more than half my fights (for the entirety of the fight)...

How am I supposed to know what special attack will actual do some damage when it won't show? Every single Sunspot fight I did in AQ (6 of them), the Special Icon was missing but the Timer for it was there. One of my Human Torch fights, it was there but then another missing. All my Claire fights, it was there...
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Anyone else have issues with the new Epic modifier Turning the Tide with it missing the Special 1/2/3 icon from showing up at all? I know it's the purple icon one but it was gone for more than half my fights (for the entirety of the fight)...

How am I supposed to know what special attack will actual do some damage when it won't show? Every single Sunspot fight I did in AQ (6 of them), the Special Icon was missing but the Timer for it was there. One of my Human Torch fights, it was there but then another missing. All my Claire fights, it was there...

We haven't run that one yet, doing it today, but I know with so sayeth Doom and stuff like the grandmaster fight you can pause the game and the prompts will show up listed under the node buffs
  • Options

We haven't run that one yet, doing it today, but I know with so sayeth Doom and stuff like the grandmaster fight you can pause the game and the prompts will show up listed under the node buffs
    You shouldn't have to do that. I will say that the prompts need to be made just as clear as they are with the grandmaster fight so it is easily visible. The prompts are pretty tough to follow in real time from what I'm hearing. For me personally I just don't follow them for the most part as of right now.
  • Options

1234_abcd said:

tafre said:

Hey all,

We're currently looking at these changes to address a lot of the feedback that we have received, and are still monitoring your feedback for more red flags and directions to take AQ and Modifiers in the future.

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s
    Change “Throw a special” to “Use a bar of power” (So if you have 2 of them one you, you can throw a Special 2)
    Change F4 clause to have 50% potency (Only getting 1 prompt) if you have a Fantastic 4 member on your team

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

I need to make sure I remind everybody again, these Modifiers are meant for the top of our top Alliances (Like, in the Top 10, if not Top 5), or are mostly already in Rank 3 territory for their AQ team.

There are definitely a lot of people here that can challenge them, but there will be quite a few Summoners in the Forums, on Reddit, in the CCP, and everywhere that felt ready to try these, but aren't there yet. Eventually, you'll all get to them, but that doesn't mean you'll all be there right now.

The changes seem pretty good but I have one issue with what you have said here. I don't know if you are aware but top10, even top 20 is pretty much impossible for f2p players to reach unless they got extremely lucky with all their 6 stars and prestige. If lower people cannot have an opportunity to get these t5cc fragments and only the top of the top try to get, the rich get richer and the rest get nothing. I am not a part of a top of the top prestige ally because they would not take me, my prestige is nowhere near the level they would want, but I am pretty certain I can do just fine with these modifiers and not to brag but I have been doing quite well with them so far. Your assumption that being in a top alliance shows you are skilled is dead wrong, it just means that you spent a considerably amount to get your prestige high, you might be very skilled but that is not a given.
    You're right that being in a Top Tier Alliance does not mean that you are not skilled. Alliance Quests are an old game mode, and they made use of Prestige. We're trying to move away from that, and one of the ways was by introducing Modifiers. We've still got a ways to go, and there are many improvements that we want to make in the future, but it's an iterative process.
    This is a direct contradiction to your earlier statement that this is for top 5-10 alliances... which would be the highest prestige alliances, correct? Putting off until the future is also a convenient way to ignore the majority of your players. Moving away from prestige when people have ranked terrible champs for prestige is another slap in the face to a lot of players.
    Kabam will never move away from prestiege. Especially now when the gap has been made incredibly wider with R3 6 stars.
    I don't see prestige going anywhere as it's always been a great revenue source for them. With the changes to honor rewards though, I could definitely see them lessening the importance of it. It won't ever mean it doesn't matter, just that players will still be able to get higher tier rewards without feeling they HAVE to spend as long as they have the ability to clear the hardest maps with the hardest modifiers. Basically what a large portion of people have been asking for, reward skill not just spend.

Yet again though, as soon as they introduce something difficult people have a fit. There are some legitimate complaints about the new modifiers though I won't even try to argue that. They're far from all valid though.
    Prestige will get lessened naturally when everyone is able to get to a top 5 of all r3 6 stars. Unfortunately due to 6 stars needing 200 sigs most players will still not have a high enough dup level to compete even then. So it will take until next year minimum for people to even begin to scratch the surface who aren't whales.

As far as the EPIC modifiers I played them and I was able to get past day 1 with relative ease but Hulkbuster left me with 5 items on day 2 due to so sayeth doom. It was way over tuned and it wouldn't have been that big of a deal but King Groot cannot be the number one option. I'm not ranking him for one lane or expect a teammate to do that either. So my biggest gripe was Hulkbuster being there, everything else top skilled people would've been able to overcome in time but the nerf just makes it come much sooner which I'm happy about.
    We definitely disagree on whether rank ups to cover AQ are justified. AQ is most people's primary source of rank up material so I just look at it like the old "you have to spend money to make money" saying personally. To each their own though. That HB fight was definitely pretty restrictive but it was manageable. He's getting removed so it's pretty moot now. I think they went a bit too far in the other direction with some of the changes like they seem to do, but that's just an opinion and we've all got them.
  • Options

1234_abcd said:

tafre said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

We definitely disagree on whether rank ups to cover AQ are justified. AQ is most people's primary source of rank up material so I just look at it like the old "you have to spend money to make money" saying personally. To each their own though. That HB fight was definitely pretty restrictive but it was manageable. He's getting removed so it's pretty moot now. I think they went a bit too far in the other direction with some of the changes like they seem to do, but that's just an opinion and we've all got them.
    I can get onboard with ranking up a champion for a lane but King Groot? He's not even hard hitting or fun to play. As an alliance leader to ask members to rank up King Groot is just not fun and is taxing. What if the member leaves and I have to replace that lane? Not something you personally have to worry about so just giving you a little more perspective on the problems that can create.

I'm really looking forward to see where we place with the modifiers next week though. Hopefully some alliances drop out of the race lol.
  • Options

Yeah but pausing doesn't help as the icon is NOT even there on the screen... It's not a matter of not understanding what the icon is/does, with like So Sayeth Doom, it's a purple "1", "2", or "3" icon that is supposed to show up in addition to the timer. The timer is there but no Purple Icon to indicate what special you are actually on... I'll have to upload some footage
  • Options
    TipoTipo Posts: 113
    mydnight said:

Power to Cower appears to be broken. I performed an s3 and the power gain was the same afterwards...

I noticed the same as well as the icon showing which special just flat out not appearing on some lanes w multiple buff/debuff icons.

• Options
    So as we approach the last day of AQ, will we have any updates to the changes for the modifiers @Kabam Miike ?
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

1234_abcd said:

tafre said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

I can get onboard with ranking up a champion for a lane but King Groot? He's not even hard hitting or fun to play. As an alliance leader to ask members to rank up King Groot is just not fun and is taxing. What if the member leaves and I have to replace that lane? Not something you personally have to worry about so just giving you a little more perspective on the problems that can create.

I'm really looking forward to see where we place with the modifiers next week though. Hopefully some alliances drop out of the race lol.
    Ya i also totally disagree with that. You have 10 people in a battle group. If NOBODY is willing to do a rankup to help the team, i’m fine with that team not being able to run that map. People rank for prestige, for defense, for war attack. This is no different.
  • Options

1234_abcd said:

tafre said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

Ya i also totally disagree with that. You have 10 people in a battle group. If NOBODY is willing to do a rankup to help the team, i’m fine with that team not being able to run that map. People rank for prestige, for defense, for war attack. This is no different.
    People are willing to do the rank up. I personally have an issue with making someone rank up King Groot because I wouldn't want anyone to ask me to do it. I can simply boot people who refuse to rank up because not running the map isn't an option. I personally just don't like it, we can agree to disagree.
  • Options

1234_abcd said:

tafre said:

Hey all,

So Sayeth Doom:
    Change timer to 45s

Cascading Failure:

Power to Cower:
    Max Cap to 50% from 75%

Map 7 Change:

People are willing to do the rank up. I personally have an issue with making someone rank up King Groot because I wouldn't want anyone to ask me to do it. I can simply boot people who refuse to rank up because not running the map isn't an option. I personally just don't like it, we can agree to disagree.
    Ya, just a fundamental difference in philosophy. To me alliance is a team mode, and people should work together. If X champ is needed to something and nobody is willing to rank them, that’s pretty sad
  • Options

So as we approach the last day of AQ, will we have any updates to the changes for the modifiers @Kabam Miike ?

They already announced everything is getting nerfed into the ground, so started next week aq will be easier then ever
  • Options

They already announced everything is getting nerfed into the ground, so started next week aq will be easier then ever
    I need to see the other two variations to make that statement confidently. I personally think these modifiers will be easier but just longer fights after the nerf. I could be wrong though.

According to Kabam since I'm not in a Top 10 alliance I shouldn't even be attempting it though lol.
  • Options

i'm pretty sure there was no confirmation on when these changes are going to take place. that's what i mainly wanted to ask about. probably should have worded my post better.
  • Options

Yeah but pausing doesn't help as the icon is NOT even there on the screen... It's not a matter of not understanding what the icon is/does, with like So Sayeth Doom, it's a purple "1", "2", or "3" icon that is supposed to show up in addition to the timer. The timer is there but no Purple Icon to indicate what special you are actually on... I'll have to upload some footage

Here is a video showing how some of the fights have Turn the Tide working and other cases not (in regards to being able to see what Special Attack was active). Video description has time codes for start of each fight and indicates which have issues.

https://youtu.be/SyqbgdZQTp8

• Options

i'm pretty sure there was no confirmation on when these changes are going to take place. that's what i mainly wanted to ask about. probably should have worded my post better.
    it'll be next aq
  • Options

it'll be next aq
    i'd like to hope so, but i'm looking for confirmation from kabam.
  • Options
    GIDAMASTERGIDAMASTER Posts: 20

it'll be next aq
    No confirmation from mods yet

• Options
    I asked @Kabam Miike whats the deadline minutes after the post and still haven't got a response. With Kabam you cannot assume anything. We don't know how hard is it to remove Hulkbuster and add Ironman. They could've pushed the update already if it was that easy.
  • Options
    MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    edited July 2020
    I was really excited when I thought the new Epic Modifiers were done with, then I realized it was only the start of Day 5 :,-(
  • Options

I asked @Kabam Miike whats the deadline minutes after the post and still haven't got a response. With Kabam you cannot assume anything. We don't know how hard is it to remove Hulkbuster and add Ironman. They could've pushed the update already if it was that easy.

they wouldn't be able to do it mid aq, people would be up in arms about how much easier it was for some but not for them.
  • Options

they wouldn't be able to do it mid aq, people would be up in arms about how much easier it was for some but not for them.
    That still doesn't explain why we haven't got an answer which is my only point.
  • Options
    kconrad37kconrad37 Posts: 160 ★★
    @Kabam Miike I know it's been said that this Hulkbuster on Acid Wash is being reached with Iron Man after this series is over, but are there plans in the works to compensate people who have had to deal with this dumpster fire of a fight all week? I've had to burn so many items because of it.
  • Options
    kconrad37 said:

@Kabam Miike I know it's been said that this Hulkbuster on Acid Wash is being reached with Iron Man after this series is over, but are there plans in the works to compensate people who have had to deal with this dumpster fire of a fight all week? I've had to burn so many items because of it.

it wasn't bugged, so shouldn't be any compensation no, but who knows
  • Options

kconrad37 said:

It would definitely be a nice gesture but I don't think it warrants a revive. We choose to run it and I was aware Hulkbuster was bad. I just didn't know the extent of how bad he was.
  • Options

kconrad37 said:

It would definitely be a nice gesture but I don't think it warrants a revive. We choose to run it and I was aware Hulkbuster was bad. I just didn't know the extent of how bad he was.
    I feel like them nerfing everything into the ground is enough of a nice gesture, and HB was easy if you used the right champ
  • Options
    G2DKG2DK Posts: 243

kconrad37 said:

I feel like them nerfing everything into the ground is enough of a nice gesture, and HB was easy if you used the right champ
    Who did you use?
  • Options
    GIDAMASTERGIDAMASTER Posts: 20
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra
    I know you said the game team was working on the changes but can the community have an update on when they will be implemented? Thanks
  • Options

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra
    I know you said the game team was working on the changes but can the community have an update on when they will be implemented? Thanks

Bruh, you can't be serious

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/209729/alliance-quests-season-7-5-map-7-and-epic-modifier-adjustments