**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

The new war matchmaking system is really worst than ever

KINGAVENGER954444444KINGAVENGER954444444 Posts: 10
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
We are fighting a alliance that members has around 10k prestige rate last season we didn't lose a single war but this new matchmaking war system is really unfair able you can see the screenshot and tell is this any match?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

How was it a easy ride?

Smaller alliances face similar prestige alliances.

Larger alliances faced similar prestige alliances.

So was both facing alliances they was equipped to face. All this fighting easy fights is not true and all this shows is higher prestige alliances cant win against similar prestige alliances.

A fix for this would have been as simple as doing different leaderboards based on prestige.

Of course that's what I'm saying about
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike pls say something about this issue
  • Options
    Prime_Saviour02Prime_Saviour02 Posts: 71
    They wouldn't change it mate.

All we can hope is that this doesn't destroy to many alliances. Next season it should even out as kabam actually done 1 correct thing and halfed AW rating.
  • Options

They wouldn't change it mate.

All we can hope is that this doesn't destroy to many alliances. Next season it should even out as kabam actually done 1 correct thing and halfed AW rating.

Yea i hope too
  • Options

You guys are complaining about how a broken system allowed small alliances to thrive and not face alliances who they shouldn’t been ahead of. There was a point where my friends alliance was ahead of us in ranking and they were so much smaller. If they would have faced us we would have pummeled them.

It was a broken system. Now you are facing alliances who have similar WAR RATING. That’s how war should be. You face the best of the best in your war rating bracket. If you can’t beat them then you have been milking the old system far too long. If you can beat them then kudos you deserve to be placed higher than them.

That’s how this system SHOULD work. Not the old way. It will balance out after a season and you’ll receive the rewards you deserve.

How will you grow you say? You need to recruit members who are willing to put in the work to grow. All alliances began at 0 at one point and grew from bronze to silver to gold to platinum. You don’t wake up one morning and think “oo we’re gonna be in p3 today!” No you work your way up the right way

Dude it's not all about war rating it's also about prestige and the rating of the alliance how a 11mil rating based alliance can face a 47mil rating alliance? It's like 10x5...
  • Options
    Zodiac_SignsZodiac_Signs Posts: 54

You guys are complaining about how a broken system allowed small alliances to thrive and not face alliances who they shouldn’t been ahead of. There was a point where my friends alliance was ahead of us in ranking and they were so much smaller. If they would have faced us we would have pummeled them.

It was a broken system. Now you are facing alliances who have similar WAR RATING. That’s how war should be. You face the best of the best in your war rating bracket. If you can’t beat them then you have been milking the old system far too long. If you can beat them then kudos you deserve to be placed higher than them.

That’s how this system SHOULD work. Not the old way. It will balance out after a season and you’ll receive the rewards you deserve.

How will you grow you say? You need to recruit members who are willing to put in the work to grow. All alliances began at 0 at one point and grew from bronze to silver to gold to platinum. You don’t wake up one morning and think “oo we’re gonna be in p3 today!” No you work your way up the right way

Dude it's not all about war rating it's also about prestige and the rating of the alliance how a 11mil rating based alliance can face a 47mil rating alliance? It's like 10x5...
    I can see why you might be upset by this but if we take a step back to really look at how it was, you'll understand the necessity of it. It might not be pleasant but it was necessary. Could there be a better way? Perhaps. However, in any metric that would be deemed as fair, war rating should be the only metric that matter in AW.

Some were collateral damage previously in the old system, some are collateral damage now in the new system. End of the day, I would like to believe that every alliance would like to end up where they would be based on a fair system and not because of a system that might be benefitting some more than others.
  • Options
    fallenp0etfallenp0et Posts: 62

You have the same war rating, so it's a fair match.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Same war rating so it's fair? So you mean a 5 year old kid and a 35 years old trained lieutenant with a m416 assault rifle are the same? Dumbness also should have a limit! 😂
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    edited July 2020

When everyone is competing for the same rewards its all about war rating.

We're all in the same pool and have to compete with everyone else.

Its not fair when an alliance with 10 million alliance rating and no rank 5 5*s are getting t5cc when they have no use for them while alliances with many members 10k+ prestige competing for useless t4cc as they all have an abundance of them.

They matchmaking was broken and is now in the process of fixing itself

If you have the same war rating then you should be able to win or this shows how broken the last system was
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    We had this system for ten seasons and it was great, then they changed it and everything got really messed up, this is it trying to balance 10 seasons of an unfair system In a few fights. thar system favoured low prestige by letting them fight any war rating and any tier, but only prestige mattered for the matchup, winning every match in the season shouldn’t be possible unless you are the Best alliance, or newly formed, making it possible meant that 30m alliances like mine ended up in silver 1, even winning over half your matches could drop your ratings as the other teams like yours got protected by V matchups and got to leap ahead. Believe me the capability of your alliance is not 5 tiers better than my alliance, we would beat you every day, but we were stuck in silver 1 fighting only 30m alliances.
    Best analogy I’ve heard was“ you are a 7 yo who did so well at his 2nd grade exam he got to jump to 6th grade, and since he’s 7 every time they test him they give him grade 2 exams and he thinks he’s smarter than the 12yos in his class because he scores 95% on his grade 2 exams and they can only score 60% on their grade 7 exams. While I’m a 60% 12yo student who got dropped to grade 2 but keeps getting tested with grade 7 exams and they won’t let me graduate Grade 2 until I get 80% On my g7 exam, while teaching me only grade 2 lessons.
    it is terrible that they did it the same time as the new nodes which are much harder than they Used to be, and I understand how demoralising it is to face a season where half the wars will be very very hard, but I had 9 seasons of that, this is a fair system so broken by so long a time of unfairness that it’s taking a while to even back out, to fair matchups again
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    All this could have been sorted with different leaderboards and rewards. (Depending on prestige Depending on leaderboard) higher the leader board the better the rewards.

Thats the only reason I can see why last season was unfair as stated a 11mill alliance should Not get the same rewards. However a 11 mill alliance should never face a 45 mill alliance.

Both systems doesn't work and leaves no middle ground. Last season was fair due to prestige but not fair rewards. This season unfair fights also **** rewards.

However kabam won't do this as it means more rewards and that evident by their update to the rewards already. Completely missing out their new customers and growing player base.

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,255 ★★★★★

All this could have been sorted with different leaderboards and rewards. (Depending on prestige Depending on leaderboard) higher the leader board the better the rewards.

Thats the only reason I can see why last season was unfair as stated a 11mill alliance should Not get the same rewards. However a 11 mill alliance should never face a 45 mill alliance.

Both systems doesn't work and leaves no middle ground. Last season was fair due to prestige but not fair rewards. This season unfair fights also **** rewards.

However kabam won't do this as it means more rewards and that evident by their update to the rewards already. Completely missing out their new customers and growing player base.

Different leaderboards for different prestige groups?

So sir, where will you put the cutoffs?
    10k? The 9.9k will complain.
    8k, the 7.9k will complain.
    6k, the 5.9k will complain.

And how do you determine a cutoff? By some arbitrary magical number you pluck out from the sky? (See the issues here?)

Also, how will you scale the rewards?

Below 6k gets 4* shards? Below 9k get 5* shards? See the subjectivity and arbitrarity of it?

The new system will automatically fix the matching once the tiers are correctly sorted. Once sorted, you will be able to win as many as you possibly can, before some other alliance will narrowly beat you. Then you’ll win another war, and maybe fight another alliance that you narrowly win. Then the next match gets slightly harder and you lose.

At the end of the day, if you’re at a 50% win rate at a certain war rating, that’s your correct war rating.
  • Options
    xNig said:

And how do you determine a cutoff? By some arbitrary magical number you pluck out from the sky? (See the issues here?)

Below 6k gets 4* shards? Below 9k get 5* shards? See the subjectivity and arbitrarity of it?

The new system will automatically fix the matching once the tiers are correctly sorted. Once sorted, you will be able to win as many as you possibly can, before some other alliance will narrowly beat you. Then you’ll win another war, and maybe fight another alliance that you narrowly win. Then the next match gets slightly harder and you lose.

At the end of the day, if you’re at a 50% win rate at a certain war rating, that’s your correct war rating.
    Most games do cuts offs its not unheard of mate lol kabam of course would deem which cut offs are best. So don't see the issuse here. Will give each alliance a reason to push up their prestige for better prices.

Rewards can easily be sorted depending on which prestige bracket you are placed in.

I've literally just thought of this today im sure if kabam put their team towards it they would fine polish it.

Letting things fix themselves is never a good option. This will destroy so many alliances and most dont care and just fill in titled.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    War rating is essentially a numerical value given that reperesents your alliances skill and roster (COMBINED, so just stop before you start crying about UnFaIR MatChUpS) compared to every other alliance in the game, therefore if you’re at the same war rating as another alliance you should be equal.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,255 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Most games do cuts offs its not unheard of mate lol kabam of course would deem which cut offs are best. So don't see the issuse here. Will give each alliance a reason to push up their prestige for better prices.

Rewards can easily be sorted depending on which prestige bracket you are placed in.

I've literally just thought of this today im sure if kabam put their team towards it they would fine polish it.

Letting things fix themselves is never a good option. This will destroy so many alliances and most dont care and just fill in titled.
    Nah you can’t sort rewards out like that. After all, your base assumption was that you want all wars to be fair.

Therefore, rewards should be fair too. You shouldn’t arbitrary limit the top rewards based on an alliance’s prestige. Everyone should get a chance to fight for those rewards, hence, a unified reward system is required.

Also, you should always design systems that fix themselves. If it relies on manual inputs, then it’s a bad system to have in the first place. By doing so, it opens up the system to subjectivity based on personal biases.

Like I said, give the war ratings time to equalize. It’s 10 seasons of bad matchmaking trying to be fixed in 1. If alliances break apart, that’s on them and the alliance leadership. The game won’t fail, people will continue to play.
  • Options
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Nah you can’t sort rewards out like that. After all, your base assumption was that you want all wars to be fair.

Therefore, rewards should be fair too. You shouldn’t arbitrary limit the top rewards based on an alliance’s prestige. Everyone should get a chance to fight for those rewards, hence, a unified reward system is required.

Also, you should always design systems that fix themselves. If it relies on manual inputs, then it’s a bad system to have in the first place. By doing so, it opens up the system to subjectivity based on personal biases.

Like I said, give the war ratings time to equalize. It’s 10 seasons of bad matchmaking trying to be fixed in 1. If alliances break apart, that’s on them and the alliance leadership. The game won’t fail, people will continue to play.
    Rewards are never far in this game. Just look at the update in rewards. But I would prefer lesser rewards than matches which is decided for you before you start.

Of course the game will still live on but they will see a dip this month for sure. I'm a officer of a plat 3 21mill alliance(atm) we've won 2/4 and will lose this one. Our alliance will still reach plat 4 this season.

However trying too get everyone in the alliance to see there is still hope is alot of work. Especially death match after death match.

But anyways kabam would never change things so is kinder a minute conversation lol my alliance will survive but I'm sure many will fall.
  • Options

You have the same war rating, so it's a fair match.

Short term pain for long term gain.

Same war rating so it's fair? So you mean a 5 year old kid and a 35 years old trained lieutenant with a m416 assault rifle are the same? Dumbness also should have a limit! 😂
    why would a 5 year old kid be rated the same as a 35 year old trained lieutenant? This doesn't make sense because this is something that would never happen.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

That's just AQ for shards instead of cats.
This discussion has been closed.