**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

An alternative to rank-down tickets

I came to this idea because of two things. First, I understand why we can just have rank-down tickets every time content changes. On the other hand, I also understand the frustration of ranking up champs for defense, and have those champs basically useless.

How about this as an alternative - rank up stones based on class and star of champ.

For instance, I ranked up a 4* NC to r4 purely for defense. I know some like him on offense (and I acknowledge that he has some value there), but personally, I don't care for him. But if I were to rank him down to r3, I could get a rank-up stone which is 4* mutant R3 to R4. I know some of the concern is that we would just take what we used for 4*s back when they had greater value and use them on 5*s. It's not healthy for the game to do that a lot, but Kabam has proven that they can give stones which are class specific and rank specific. So why not do it here?

You could give one or two for 5*s, 3 or 4 for 4*s, and let people use them as they want. Ranked up a 4* Juggs? Well, you could rank him down and use that stone on a 4* Magik. 5* Antman? Now you have something for that 5* Hulk.

I don't know. I've been trying to see this from both sides, as I've been really disappointed in AW. I used to love it. Now, not so much. This would maybe help alleviate some of the disappointment. This may have been suggested elsewhere, but I haven't seen it.

Comments

• SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    No it isn't. You can use rank down items from a 4* into a 5*. That's one thing they are avoiding.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    What isn't helpful is all of these RDT's threads.
    It doesn't make sense for them to be back. Even if it made sense, it's impossible to know what champs were specifically ranked specially for defense
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I feel this option is a worse idea than RDT's, if Im understanding correctly.

With RDT's you lose ranked champs of choice, and bring up new ones to replace those. Bit of balance there.

With rank up stones, you keep currently ranked champs and get to rank up even more champs for free. Not much balancing there. Would also give players opportunities to rank champs up who never even had any ranked to start with
    Nevermind, I read it again. You are talking about ranking down champs still. @eXtripa69 is right, its still the exact same thing, just class specific.
    No, it's not the same. I don't understand why you think that.

If they give me a rank down ticket, I'm going to rank down 4*s and use those resources on 5*s. That's the smart thing. This wouldn't allow for that.

In addition, this would keep those who ranked up a 5* to r4 from using those t2as on anything outside of their class.
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »
    Nevermind, I read it again. You are talking about ranking down champs still. @eXtripa69 is right, its still the exact same thing, just class specific.

Class and star specific...

Star specific is irrelevant. Rank down tickets were star specific.....same thing still
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    It’s essentially a class and star rank down ticket. It might not be exactly the same thing but it might as well be. It’s still a concept of ranking down champs you wish you hadn’t ranked up in order to rank up another champ
    Haji_Saab wrote: »

Class and star specific...

Star specific is irrelevant. Rank down tickets were star specific.....same thing still

Yes, rank down tickets were star specific, but not the resources they gave you.
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    It came to my mind also but then I realized Free rank ups are a bad idea. Say u grind AQ week after week for t4ccs, t2as & finally rank up a champion, & someone else who did nothing of that gets those items as a freebie.

RDTs are better option, bcz there ur just reusing the resources u've grinded for, no freebie. Now as much as I'm opposed to the idea of RDTs being a regular item in the game, I believe when they're changing the meta of the game all on a sudden they should issue those.

& AW V2.0 is a change in the meta of the game.
    UC439 wrote: »
    It came to my mind also but then I realized Free rank ups are a bad idea. Say u grind AQ week after week for t4ccs, t2as & finally rank up a champion, & someone else who did nothing of that gets those items as a freebie.

RDTs are better option, bcz there ur just reusing the resources u've grinded for, no freebie. Now as much as I'm opposed to the idea of RDTs being a regular item in the game, I believe when they're changing the meta of the game all on a sudden they should issue those.

& AW V2.0 is a change in the meta of the game.

agreed

But I'm not talking about free rank ups. Just reusing the resources you've previously earned.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    all you people against RDT are just the top rated allies trying to prevent competition on you easily getting the t4cc crystal. bottom line is they changed the game for the worst and if they refuse to make the champs we have ranked worthy of there ranking then we need to have rank down tickets to adjust our teams regardless of how we may use them
    all you people against RDT are just the top rated allies trying to prevent competition on you easily getting the t4cc crystal. bottom line is they changed the game for the worst and if they refuse to make the champs we have ranked worthy of there ranking then we need to have rank down tickets to adjust our teams regardless of how we may use them

The flaw with your argument is we used the most resources for the rank ups on champs being argued. So you would think higher rated players would be the ones favoring it the most. On account we could also abuse them the most for "prestige wars"
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @andrade5184 if a champ wasn’t worthy of their ranking then you shouldn’t have ranked them. I have plenty of champs I took to 5/50 for defense. My defense now is 4/55 drax, 5/50 sl, cb, gr, and hulk. I don’t regret ranking NC to 5/50, or Hyperion, or my 4* magik even though my 5* is rank 4. I always ranked champs for defense that I could use on offense in quests. I consider that smart rank up choices.
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I'm not against RDTs but I am against the constant spamming of threads about them. Kabam has already made it very clear we aren't getting any so just accept it and move on.

I agree with that. Hence the "alternative". I understand both sides of the argument. I think they should be rare items, and while 12.0 required them a lot, I think 15.0 deserves some consideration. Not full rank downs, but something.

To pretend that the AW changes haven't affected the game is nonsense. Everyone knows it. What remains is a solution that works for everyone. Not that it needs to make everyone happy. That won't happen. But something that acknowledges what's been done.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I'm not against RDTs but I am against the constant spamming of threads about them. Kabam has already made it very clear we aren't getting any so just accept it and move on.

I agree with that. Hence the "alternative". I understand both sides of the argument. I think they should be rare items, and while 12.0 required them a lot, I think 15.0 deserves some consideration. Not full rank downs, but something.

To pretend that the AW changes haven't affected the game is nonsense. Everyone knows it. What remains is a solution that works for everyone. Not that it needs to make everyone happy. That won't happen. But something that acknowledges what's been done.

I appreciate your level-headedness but you're in the bargaining stage. Kabam isn't completely stupid. They know they changed the meta and they knew they were going to force us into this diversity ****. I think one of their primary goals was to effectively nerf mystic defenders through this diversity system.

They still aren't giving us any sort of compensation for that. Do I like it? Not really. But I am willing to accept it and move on. Mordo is at least good for prestige and Magik is still a great utility champ. I can adapt.
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense for them to be back. Even if it made sense, it's impossible to know what champs were specifically ranked specially for defense

what don't make sense is that every time someone talk about RDT's they get attack like its something wrong with having an opinion. You guys that don't want it fine but stop trying to insult or try to intimidate people from asking what they believe would help this game.
    edited September 2017
    Dezz_1 wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

what don't make sense is that every time someone talk about RDT's they get attack like its something wrong with having an opinion. You guys that don't want it fine but stop trying to insult or try to intimidate people from asking what they believe would help this game.
    Its the fact that yesterday alone there was 8 threads on it. People keep flooding the forums with it knowing its not gonna happen, as Kabam has stated 100s of times. And no matter how much effort you put into this thread, you are still essentially asking for RDT's knowing the thread will be closed and that the topic has been argued 100s times. Adding a twist to RDT's doesn't make them NOT RDT's

EDIT: Sorry, seen same avatar as the OP w/o checking the name 1st
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    People are flooding the forum with WAR threads too, so what? Why don't you go there asking to stop and use the official thread?
    Badrose wrote: »
    People are flooding the forum with WAR threads too, so what? Why don't you go there asking to stop and use the official thread?
    Comment on them as well until they are shut down.
    No point in creating a thread if you assume the whole community is gonna be in favor of it. Simply arguing against RDT's, like any other thread
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    That's true but you can tell he put some thought into his plan and not try to have a RTD's vote or something stupid like that. I Just don"t wont people to be scared to express their opinion when it come to this game. God know it can use all the help it could get at this point.
    Dezz_1 wrote: »
    That's true but you can tell he put some thought into his plan and not try to have a RTD's vote or something stupid like that. I Just don"t wont people to be scared to express their opinion when it come to this game. God know it can use all the help it could get at this point.

Cant really argue that. But an actual alternative to rank down tickets (not RDTs with a minor change) would be asking for a means of earning more resources at an easier or faster pace.
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★

It is a contest..
    Ryansapph wrote: »
    im in a 2.1 million allience and im against it and was when they first did RDT, because I saw this coming that every small problem you demand RDT.

5 min down time - RDT
    I lost my streak due to one error dispite knowing the game was going slow RDT
    I just feel like crying over and over about the same thing despite the answer being NO in each and every time I beg and whine in hopes the next day that my stupid rewording of the same thing being accepted - RDT

get a life, learn how to use your roster and stop beating a dead horse the answer is NO

I'm in a 9.4 million alliance (not sure why that matters, but figured you brought it up), and this is the first time I've asked since 12.0.

I get what is being said about all the different threads, too. I get tired of the constant complaining as well. Check my posts. They are generally positive and constructive. I like this game, and play it far too much. But Kabam had stated many times their goal of interacting with the community more. So I thought maybe an alternative, with discussion, might prove worthwhile.

So, suggest something else. I like my idea, but who doesn't like their own idea? Give other thoughts, instead of just trying to get this shut down.

As for this idea being too similar to rdts, maybe it is. But Kabam doesn't seem to know the difference between "new" and "same". "Getting tired of Iron Man? We have a new champ for you! Iron Patriot! Getting tired of Iron Patriot..." Well, you get the idea. Low blow, I know. Just don't want hot heads to prevail. I was hoping for constructive conversation here. Not complaints.
This discussion has been closed.