Options

Bans for Exploiting Bugs [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    HI_guys said:

DNA3000 said:

YEETguy said:

I was unaware that it was a violation of tos, in my experience most games just let you do the exploit until it’s patched.

This is so wild a statement that it is either a complete fabrication, or I'm not currently inhabiting the correct universe.
    In Injustice : gods among us mobile version there was a glitch not unlike where in Mcoc you tap your profile multiple times and it would keep appearing after you close it.

So for the price of one pack you could get multiple according to how responsive your device was. Obviously Android users were able to do it a lot. They patched it in the updates but neither punished not took away the items.
    They also had a glitch where if you linked your mobile account to your console account, the system might ban you for hacking. They also had a glitch where exp bars showed leveling up past max, which happened to me, and I got a ban, told I was modding and got no info further than they couldn't tell me anything about it. Ended up having to quit because the new account was accessing champs from the old and I didn't wanna get another ban.
  • Options
    HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 173 ★★

I think it's funny as all hell. It's called karma your alliance members should be banned and they know it. If they wanna cry about it maybe they shouldn't have exploited the path knowing that they shouldnt. Cry us a river and go cry to who cares

Not everyone 'exploited' it, there are genuine reasons some people ran it more than once. Not everything is as straightforward as that but you'd know if you took time to read the thread and not just come to laugh at others misfortune.
  • Options
    rvcubingrvcubing Posts: 140

I wish our community was like the injustice community. I have brought this up many times, we complain, ask for buffs left and right, are greedy, and exploit bugs and then riot when we get banned.

Yes, that is very true but there's also the fact that whenever there's a bug that gives Kabam an advantage, it doesn't get solved this quickly. Yes, people exploited it and yes that bad, This ban is Necessary, but a week is a bit extensive. But bugs like the Aegon bug or AQ bugs don't get the attention from kabam as quickly as this does.

Therefore the rioting and complaining.
  • Options
    Wakanda1012Wakanda1012 Posts: 29
    Nakuul, i agree, im fine with all the consequences except 1, the time, a week really interferes, other than that, i feel like kabam solved the situation well
  • Options
    HabstraktHabstrakt Posts: 29
    M_n_M said:

Just seen this on the announcement forum Post.
    kabam boo even said the key will be gone but the path will remain open so did that mean then that the chest will remain plot thickens 😂
    And someone questioned what would be the point of rerunning it.

People can rerun for more XP if they need it or to practice against those specific champions, or they're just bored waiting for energy
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

Why are people equating this to theft? It's nothing like stealing!
    Is Kabam stealing from us when they don't fix a bug that sees us loose 50% health in AQ for a week? Or when they allow issues with certain champs to mess us up in quests and cost us resorces?

I don't remember who said this but they did so credit to them. Imagine you see an open door. You go into the house and steel everything. Then you get busted and go to jail. The people you steal from get their stuff back. And it won't be jail for a week it will be for like a few years. This is comparable to a point. So if they didn't get jailed or get their stuff back it would be a crime. Now look a kabams POV. You milk the heck out of 6 star shards and you won't buy anymore deals because you basically cheated. Kabam loses money from the deals if everyone does this and would be stealing to a degree. Change my mind.
  • Options
    Nakuul said:

I think it's funny as all hell. It's called karma your alliance members should be banned and they know it. If they wanna cry about it maybe they shouldn't have exploited the path knowing that they shouldnt. Cry us a river and go cry to who cares

Not everyone 'exploited' it, there are genuine reasons some people ran it more than once. Not everything is as straightforward as that but you'd know if you took time to read the thread and not just come to laugh at others misfortune.
    Misfortune? You exploiters really think we're buying your story that "I didn't know!". You cheated and got caught. Deal with the consequences like an adult.
    You obvioisly didn't read what I wrote earlier on.
    As for taking it like an adult, the adult thing to do would be to look at it case by case and not assume everyone with the same punishment.
  • Options
    If kabam had the time and people they would've looked through every account to see how server there punishment would've been.
  • Options
    YEETguy said:

Kabam is legitimately attempting to turn players against each other rather than having players be mad at kabam. KABAM MESSED UP. Whether players deserve to get banned for that or not, Kabam is still at fault for what caused the bans in the first place.

Kabam messed up, so did everyone who exploited. Everyone makes mistakes, it helps us learn. It probably wont happen for a while (Like another 3 years until they hire someone new for it) Im pretty sure most of us are made at both kabam and people that exploit. Not just the exploiters. DNA3000, look at his posts for this (I like the points he makes)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★

Is Kabam stealing from us when they don't fix a bug that sees us loose 50% health in AQ for a week? Or when they allow issues with certain champs to mess us up in quests and cost us resorces?

You're right. It's nothing like stealing. It's just taking Rewards that don't belong to them and justifying it with ongoing issues that haven't been resolved. Wait.....
  • Options
    M_n_MM_n_M Posts: 20
    Habstrakt said:

M_n_M said:

kabam boo even said the key will be gone but the path will remain open so did that mean then that the chest will remain plot thickens 😂

People can rerun for more XP if they need it or to practice against those specific champions, or they're just bored waiting for energy
    But isn’t that exploitation as you are still gaining and isn’t that what people are saying they were doing but they got the reward chest as well as with all quests with chests they are there again when you rerun any completed quest
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★
    Arsoz said:

You're right. It's nothing like stealing. It's just taking Rewards that don't belong to them and justifying it with ongoing issues that haven't been resolved. Wait.....
    Theft is a crime
    Abusing bugs isnt unless it involves real CASH
    In terms of this game, no. It is not the legal definition of Theft. That's an analogy to describe erroneous and dishonest behavior. Within the context of this game, abusing an exploit is Theft.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Nakuul said:

Nakuul said:

Misfortune? You exploiters really think we're buying your story that "I didn't know!". You cheated and got caught. Deal with the consequences like an adult.
    You obvioisly didn't read what I wrote earlier on.
    As for taking it like an adult, the adult thing to do would be to look at it case by case and not assume everyone with the same punishment.
    Here's the thing. it's their game and they can punish as they see fit. If they choose to punish all exploiters uniformly, there's nothing any player can do about it. And it should prove the point that cheating will not be tolerated at all.
    Again, it is not cheating if the player did not know there was a bug. What that is is a mistake that is not the fault of the player.
    Kabam made the mistake.
    And I fully understand that some knew and openly bragged by posting pics and vids, 100% deserve to have those taken back but to punish everyone the same is ridiculous.

• Options
    M_n_M said:

Habstrakt said:

M_n_M said:

But isn’t that exploitation as you are still gaining and isn’t that what people are saying they were doing but they got the reward chest as well as with all quests with chests they are there again when you rerun any completed quest
    I said that because that's what people were supposed to do if the bug didnt happen
This discussion has been closed.