**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My Honest Thoughts on Cavalier Difficulty and a Response to Seatin's Video

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I like Cavalier difficulty. I think Kabam nailed everything on except the rewards. In Seatin's "leaving my alliance" video and as many others have mentioned, MCOC players want fun nodes to compliment challenging nodes. And Kabam did EXACTLY that. And people were still mad. I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone who thinks that Cav difficulty is too hard or too consuming. Just don't do it. I think Kabam nailed the node design down for about 85% of cav difficulty, which is very impressive for Kabam's recent standards. They had exactly what players wanted: fun nodes to compliment challenging nodes. Buffed up and the cosmic aptitude node. That was so fun. The science quest was very fun as well and the nodes complimented each other very well. The mystic quest as well, especially if you had a great mystic nullifier/high special attack dealer. Mutant was amazing with Omega Red and okay with other champions (could always bring Colossus as well cuz he's bleed immune). The skill and tech nodes kinda missed the mark but at least 2/3 of the fun nodes were good.

I think people are too focused on the rewards (which need improvement) than the difficulty itself. The difficulty is fair. The health pools are Act 6 like, which is what everyone wanted before cav difficulty was released. But now, suddenly, people are complaining about the health pools. Well guess what, we also have these cool new class-specific nodes in each quest that increase a champion's damage so that those fights can end faster. There's no excuse about the health pools, they're very fair.

I don't think enough people are applauding Kabam's work in making cav difficulty both fun and challenging. Seatin called it a massive fail, and I'm gonna have to disagree big time. Seatin and most other players said they wanted both fun and challenging nodes in future content, and Kabam did just that. Seatin said that it was too tedious, but he 100% explored it all in 2 days, which took 8 hours. Of course it would be tedious for him. The "correct" way to play event quests is to do 1-2 paths a day and space it throughout the entire month, not do it all on release. Now, with Seatin being a youtuber and all, I understand why he did it all on the first 2 days and I appreciate it as he was able to do all the paths and show us an example of how to beat those paths. But saying it's tedious isn't an excuse to call Cav difficulty a massive fail.

Closing thoughts: I think Cav difficulty is actually a positive step for MCOC. Bar the rewards, which need to be bumped up a bit (6 star shards from 5000 to 7500 and a bit more T2A imo, could be other changes), I think Kabam nailed the node design down. Even that Apocalypse fight was fun because if you intercepted (which requires skill), you benefit with a massive 200% attack increase for 5 seconds. For every challenge, there was a benefit that required skill to complete. I think you're fooling yourself if you say it's a massive fail because it isn't. It includes fun node designs and incorporates those with challenging node designs to keep you interested. Everyone was complaining that Uncollected EQ was too easy for the past year or so and when Cav difficulty came out, it was either too hard or too tedious for people. Don't be a flip flop. If you think Cav difficulty is too hard, don't do it. If you think it's too tedious, don't do it. Do you really want the future of MCOC to be rewards handed to you on a plate with little work required? I sure don't. I want to work for those rewards and have fun while doing that. And Cav difficulty has done just that for me, although I would like a bit of a rewards buff, as I said earlier. Overall, Cavalier difficulty has been a fun, permanent addition to the game to keep you enticed and on your toes.

Leave your thoughts below. I'd love to discuss.

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

GOTG said:

Personally I felt seatin to be a Whiny spoiled kid, so I stopped watching him regularly. I only tune in for things like act 6.4 or AOL collector, I cringe at his gameplay through out but he’s usually the first to stream it so might as well give him the view.

He said that the restrictions were annoying but there are none. He said that he has the best counters to all the fights and best options but I rly think he lacks skill, I dude most of it with 4* becuase the globals rly help ur champs. I had fun using my 4* NF and doom since I don’t whale out for champs.

I rly don’t understand the comparison with v5. It made no sense an is incredibly dumb. Perm content usually has better rewards than a single monthly EQ. I can see why the changes are annoying to the reward system for UC but the rate at which these players progress now adays is something of consideration

This EQ made me feel creative with using my champs, for distract i used carnage through out And OML put in work in mutant chapter

For one or two years now Seatin has stopped being fun or informative he just turns to be a spoiled kid who has no patience or skill to play hard contents. He asked too much. Reward this reward that. Nerf this nerf that. Frankly I believe his time is gone. He need to calm down and maybe play another game, don't play this game, that would be his biggest contribution to community.

This month cavalier is great. I have nothing to say but well done, Kabam.
    Agreed. The video he uploaded today was pretty shocking. It seems that nothing will ever please him. They did exactly what he wanted: a combination of fun and challenging nodes. Kabam nailed it on this one. I have no complaints. Rewards shouldn't be handed on a plate, I prefer to work hard for rewards and have fun while doing it, which is what Cav difficulty has been for me.
    I’d personally be fine with almost no reward tune up for the main thing, just enough to form a 6* between cav and uc. But the 4* objective really has to be a selector.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

GOTG said:

Personally I felt seatin to be a Whiny spoiled kid, so I stopped watching him regularly. I only tune in for things like act 6.4 or AOL collector, I cringe at his gameplay through out but he’s usually the first to stream it so might as well give him the view.

He said that the restrictions were annoying but there are none. He said that he has the best counters to all the fights and best options but I rly think he lacks skill, I dude most of it with 4* becuase the globals rly help ur champs. I had fun using my 4* NF and doom since I don’t whale out for champs.

I rly don’t understand the comparison with v5. It made no sense an is incredibly dumb. Perm content usually has better rewards than a single monthly EQ. I can see why the changes are annoying to the reward system for UC but the rate at which these players progress now adays is something of consideration

This EQ made me feel creative with using my champs, for distract i used carnage through out And OML put in work in mutant chapter

For one or two years now Seatin has stopped being fun or informative he just turns to be a spoiled kid who has no patience or skill to play hard contents. He asked too much. Reward this reward that. Nerf this nerf that. Frankly I believe his time is gone. He need to calm down and maybe play another game, don't play this game, that would be his biggest contribution to community.

Agreed. The video he uploaded today was pretty shocking. It seems that nothing will ever please him. They did exactly what he wanted: a combination of fun and challenging nodes. Kabam nailed it on this one. I have no complaints. Rewards shouldn't be handed on a plate, I prefer to work hard for rewards and have fun while doing it, which is what Cav difficulty has been for me.
    I’d personally be fine with almost no reward tune up for the main thing, just enough to form a 6* between cav and uc. But the 4* objective really has to be a selector.
    Yeah that 4* objective should be a selector tbh.
    Have you done it yet? It’s kinda fun.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

I may not always agree with you, but I 100% agree with this one. I'm 100% UC before I do more cav, but from what I see, I'm very impressed and applaud them for this.

Cheers mate. Kabam got cav difficulty right.

GOTG said:

Yeah that 4* objective should be a selector tbh.
    Have you done it yet? It’s kinda fun.
    Not yet, I'm gonna leave it till the end. I wanna get a good idea of the easiest paths so I can decide which paths to use my 4 stars on. But I know I'm gonna have a blast with my 4 star 5/50's, especially Carnage, Stark Spidey, Doom, Archangel, CMM, and Warlock, whom I don't have as 5 stars.
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    My initial reaction to the EQ was that the health pools didn’t need to be scaled up as much as they were. However, having slowly explored most of it now, I have changed my mind and appreciate the level of difficulty. I’ve now realised that the main reason it seemed longer to me is just that I’ve gotten busier in real life so can’t rush through it like I used to! I think if future EQs stick to his pattern of give/take nodes then all will be good. One thing I still stand by is the 6* shards needing a bump up to 7.5k (with a chunk of the added shards being given to completion to help progressing players).
    In short, I agree with you @KDSuperFlash10 👌🏽
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★

I like Cavalier difficulty. I think Kabam nailed everything on except the rewards. In Seatin's "leaving my alliance" video and as many others have mentioned, MCOC players want fun nodes to compliment challenging nodes. And Kabam did EXACTLY that. And people were still mad. I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone who thinks that Cav difficulty is too hard or too consuming. Just don't do it. I think Kabam nailed the node design down for about 85% of cav difficulty, which is very impressive for Kabam's recent standards. They had exactly what players wanted: fun nodes to compliment challenging nodes. Buffed up and the cosmic aptitude node. That was so fun. The science quest was very fun as well and the nodes complimented each other very well. The mystic quest as well, especially if you had a great mystic nullifier/high special attack dealer. Mutant was amazing with Omega Red and okay with other champions (could always bring Colossus as well cuz he's bleed immune). The skill and tech nodes kinda missed the mark but at least 2/3 of the fun nodes were good.

I think people are too focused on the rewards (which need improvement) than the difficulty itself. The difficulty is fair. The health pools are Act 6 like, which is what everyone wanted before cav difficulty was released. But now, suddenly, people are complaining about the health pools. Well guess what, we also have these cool new class-specific nodes in each quest that increase a champion's damage so that those fights can end faster. There's no excuse about the health pools, they're very fair.

I don't think enough people are applauding Kabam's work in making cav difficulty both fun and challenging. Seatin called it a massive fail, and I'm gonna have to disagree big time. Seatin and most other players said they wanted both fun and challenging nodes in future content, and Kabam did just that. Seatin said that it was too tedious, but he 100% explored it all in 2 days, which took 8 hours. Of course it would be tedious for him. The "correct" way to play event quests is to do 1-2 paths a day and space it throughout the entire month, not do it all on release. Now, with Seatin being a youtuber and all, I understand why he did it all on the first 2 days and I appreciate it as he was able to do all the paths and show us an example of how to beat those paths. But saying it's tedious isn't an excuse to call Cav difficulty a massive fail.

Closing thoughts: I think Cav difficulty is actually a positive step for MCOC. Bar the rewards, which need to be bumped up a bit (6 star shards from 5000 to 7500 and a bit more T2A imo, could be other changes), I think Kabam nailed the node design down. Even that Apocalypse fight was fun because if you intercepted (which requires skill), you benefit with a massive 200% attack increase for 5 seconds. For every challenge, there was a benefit that required skill to complete. I think you're fooling yourself if you say it's a massive fail because it isn't. It includes fun node designs and incorporates those with challenging node designs to keep you interested. Everyone was complaining that Uncollected EQ was too easy for the past year or so and when Cav difficulty came out, it was either too hard or too tedious for people. Don't be a flip flop. If you think Cav difficulty is too hard, don't do it. If you think it's too tedious, don't do it. Do you really want the future of MCOC to be rewards handed to you on a plate with little work required? I sure don't. I want to work for those rewards and have fun while doing that. And Cav difficulty has done just that for me, although I would like a bit of a rewards buff, as I said earlier. Overall, Cavalier difficulty has been a fun, permanent addition to the game to keep you enticed and on your toes.

Leave your thoughts below. I'd love to discuss.

100% agree
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I agree having a full 6* every month would be nice, but I did like the whole aspect of cav difficulty, the health pools were pretty balanced, the special linked nodes on every path were very nice my personal fav being the cosmic and science ones. The 4* challenge I didn't find hard but I did enjoy it using my 4*s again.
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

I haven't done cav 100% so there's that. I have mixed feelings. I really enjoyed all of the class based nodes besides the mutant one and the tech one. Any mutant that doesn't have bleed resistance just gets clapped. And no, I didn't get this from Seatin. I tested this myself. The tech one didn't really do much for me personally.

I haven't fought Apocalypse yet. Prof X was a really fun fight. I heard that Apocalypse was too and I believe it.

One big thing that I like about the difficulty was the attack values. Perfectly balanced imo.

Diss Tack and Buffed Up are annoying, especially when they are on every single tile. Not a huge deal, but I'm not the biggest fan of these nodes.

Magik as a boss is something I hate. Especially as one of the more stacked ones. I really don't like champs as bosses that have abilities that ramp up with a higher attack or sig level (E.g: Korg, Magik, Dorm). I'll probably use my 5/50 AA and pray she doesn't proc limbo.

The rewards are atrocious. We don't know when the next difficulty is coming. Likely not for a while. So if rewards suck at release, then you can be damn sure that they'll be horrible in a year's time. These rewards are supposed to age and they aren't going to do that in their current state. However, I'm 99% sure that they'll get buffed. If they don't...

Overall, I think Seatin over-exaggerated slightly. I also think people ride some of his feedback way too hard on both sides of the spectrum. But cav difficulty was pretty well designed imo. We know what the rewards are and Kabam needs to understand what 2020 MCOC standards are.

Ngl I had a ton of fun with the mutant one but that's just cuz I had Omega Red. He took 0 damage from the bleeds and had death field active the whole time. It was pure Omega Red destruction. But mutants who didn't have bleed resistance got obliterated by that node.

Both Prof X and Apoc were fun fights.

To me, Diss Track and Buffed Up were super fun because I had Cap IW (awakened with science and cosmic champs on team) and Human Torch for the debuffs and Hyperion, Medusa, Colossus, and VTD for the buffs. But I can understand that if one doesn't have heavy buff/debuff champs, then it may be harder. I really enjoyed those tho personally cuz I had the right champions.

I used Quake against Magik and it was a super easy fight but not everyone has Quake. I've hard many people have trouble against that Magik. Blade could be another option if you have him. Archangel's prolly the best choice tho if you don't have Quake.

Yes, the rewards are underwhelming, but I would say that if they upped the 6 star shards to 7500 (so you can form a full 6 star a month by 100% exploring Uncollected and Cavalier difficulty), it would be fair. But yes, the rewards as they are right now will probably age quite badly especially with the soon coming introduction of Book 2, which may have some really spicy rewards.
This discussion has been closed.