**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cav difficulty - just not fun.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    mydnight said:

I don't have corvus or ghost. I'm also f2p. I'm using what was given to me.

Anyone who uses them on 90% of the content and says "x is easy" doesn't need to reply to this thread.

I know this comment is way back but I have yet to use Corvus or Ghost for any path in Cav. You honestly don't need them for Cav this month. It sounds like you'd rather make up excuses than listen to what people are telling you.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    85% of the community? I guarantee you if the mods were to check you, im sure are least 50% of the player base has at least cleared it 1 time. And of those half have cleared it 100%.

Act 6 isn’t for everyone, and neither will cavalier. Buffed up is easy if you plan accordingly. Medusa with BB, hype, CMM, ghost, hela, loki if you can steal buffs from champions on the line, magneto, there are a lot of options and I’m sure I’m missing some key ones.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    mydnight said:

I just finished Cav difficulty, and I don't really think it's enjoyable. The rewards aren't really fantastic, and it took way too long. My roster is of decent size and variety, though I still lack Corvus and Ghost.

A few ideas:

Buffed up needs to go. This is probably the most restrictive chapter. Diss track is manageable.

There are bugs throughout the game now with #metal interactions and magneto. The most annoying was Matador wasp. Magnetism seemed to somehow turn off mag's ability to gain power sometimes after she threw her specials. It made the match so much annoyingly longer.

How can the next step up from UC EQ level be double the AR and triple the health pools? Lower the health pools, and I think a lot less people will complain about the time it took to finish this.

Difficulty was fine for the most part, but as it is, it's not really fun or necessary content for 85% of the community.

I thought it was fun. Did a completion run and explored chapter 1.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Diabolic said:

Buttehrs said:

I've done completion. Outside of buffed up it really wasnt all that bad. Buffed up just isnt that fun though, especially when I have over 75 5* but only 2 usable cosmics and colossus for it lol.

I had same issue 2.2 is nonsense buffed up is mistake and should be remove from game for good
    Why? If you had an appropriate counter would you be saying this?
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    mydnight said:

I just finished Cav difficulty, and I don't really think it's enjoyable. The rewards aren't really fantastic, and it took way too long. My roster is of decent size and variety, though I still lack Corvus and Ghost.

A few ideas:

Buffed up needs to go. This is probably the most restrictive chapter. Diss track is manageable.

There are bugs throughout the game now with #metal interactions and magneto. The most annoying was Matador wasp. Magnetism seemed to somehow turn off mag's ability to gain power sometimes after she threw her specials. It made the match so much annoyingly longer.

How can the next step up from UC EQ level be double the AR and triple the health pools? Lower the health pools, and I think a lot less people will complain about the time it took to finish this.

Difficulty was fine for the most part, but as it is, it's not really fun or necessary content for 85% of the community.

If you didn’t find it fun, that’s your opinion and that’s ok. I’m sure there’s plenty of people that don’t have fun with certain content. Personally, I enjoyed it.

A few thoughts to the points you’ve made:

1) buffed needs to go > I don’t think so. I’ve seen numerous posts from people complaining about this node. Generally it’s because they don’t have a traditional “popular” champion to fulfill the node requirement. There are so many champions that can be used here, if you want to get creative. I used a 5* rank 3 Angela and she was hitting so hard (12/13k mediums) when the aptitude buffs started stacking.

2) many people seem to be struggling with Magneto’s AAR reduction and how it interacts with nodes.

3) you’ve asked how the step up from UC to Cav EQ be double the health and attack rating. Just curious, but what’s the step up from Master to UC? Or Heroic to Master? Look it up. If it’s not a problem there, don’t see what the issue here is. Specifically regards to time taken to complete fights- I can only assume you’re doing something wrong if it’s taking you 5 mins per fight.

4) you finish by saying that this content isn’t necessary for 85% of the community. This is Cav level EQ designed for those that are Cavalier (and higher). Do these people make up 85% of the community? I guess I couldn’t really understand the point you were trying to make here.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it was perfect, but in a completely different direction to how you feel. Some of it felt too easy. But then rewards weren’t really that great either.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    I certainly enjoyed it. only 1 fight really annoyed me and that is the magik fight. i hated that unblockable and reverse on special. her limbo is annoying but nothing major there..

Fighting Apocalypse was fun and enjoyed the interaction and animation. Prof X i got a beating first time but i didnt read his abilities nor the nodes then but still was enjoyable.

AI was stubborn at times (not throwing specials) but still manageable. So kudos to Kabam for that, rewards are meh but side quests makes up for it.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

mydnight said:

How is 5 minutes per fight fun? I don't get it.

better question, why is it taking you 5 minutes per fight? what quality champs are you using. I dont get it. They have less health than most war nodes.
    Unrelated to discussion, but what tier do you play war at?
    tier 3/4
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    mydnight said:

Look, I stated I didn't find it fun. You guys saying, "well, it ACTUALLY IS fun bc I think it's fun" doesn't sway my opinion.

EQ used to be a casual thing to finish between working on permanent content for some useful, albeit outdated, stuff.

Cav plays like a variant, but with much less rewards.

You didn't find it fun because it took you too long to finish it. Sorry but Kabam won't make shorter quests just to appeal to guys who don't have time for this game. It's like asking Ferrari to lower price of its' cars because you don't have enough money to buy one.
  • HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 113
    I feel like there's this really bad tendency in this community to absolutely RUSH to the next checkpoint in terms of progression - sure, it's dope that you got Cavalier within a few months of picking up the game. But what you're missing is the inherent time it takes to allow your roster to grow and actually give yourself the chance to get counters for certain things like Cavalier difficulty. I feel like we're playing ourselves by jumping for the next thing as soon as it drops just so we can be on par with the top players who've completed everything. I 100%'d Act 4 before getting Uncollected. That was 100% worth it because I took my time getting the rewards I needed and growing my roster and actually learning and understanding the game as a whole before pushing forward.

It's a game my dudes...take your time, enjoy it! Slow down a bit. Don't rush to complete something out of reach because you'll end up having a miserable time. Just because you got Cavalier doesn't necessarily mean Cavalier difficulty EQ is in the bag straight off the bat. Cav difficulty is very fun in many people's opinions, mine as well - the nodes aren't solely punishing like in a lot of content in the game, they actually reward you as well, which I think is awesome.

On a different note though, buff the rewards will ya Kabam, amiright? Lol
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
    Time spent playing it doesn’t equal the rewards currently on offer...
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    KoperBoy said:

mydnight said:

Look, I stated I didn't find it fun. You guys saying, "well, it ACTUALLY IS fun bc I think it's fun" doesn't sway my opinion.

EQ used to be a casual thing to finish between working on permanent content for some useful, albeit outdated, stuff.

Cav plays like a variant, but with much less rewards.

You didn't find it fun because it took you too long to finish it. Sorry but Kabam won't make shorter quests just to appeal to guys who don't have time for this game. It's like asking Ferrari to lower price of its' cars because you don't have enough money to buy one.
    It's more like asking Ferrari to lower the price because you can't drive faster than the speed limit so all the horsepower that you don't get to use is going to waste.
  • DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    I found it quite enjoyable - it will take some time for players to adjust to buffed up gameplay - but more importantly Kabam are heading in the right direction
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

GOTG said:

You guys don't like its rewards but it's monthly event quest, resources are overflowing right now.

Yeah I have so many shards, 6* class sig stones, and t5cc that I'm actually hoping Kabam lowers the amount given every month.

Smh
    You never have it enough, it's your greed, doesn't change the fact that resources are given out like candy this month.
  • CatapoulpeCatapoulpe Posts: 101
    Rewards are not really great and it's too long, but everything else is fine. Buffed up node too restrictive ? Come on man...
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Shamir51 said:

mydnight said:

A few ideas:

If you didn’t find it fun, that’s your opinion and that’s ok. I’m sure there’s plenty of people that don’t have fun with certain content. Personally, I enjoyed it.

1) buffed needs to go > I don’t think so. I’ve seen numerous posts from people complaining about this node. Generally it’s because they don’t have a traditional “popular” champion to fulfill the node requirement. There are so many champions that can be used here, if you want to get creative. I used a 5* rank 3 Angela and she was hitting so hard (12/13k mediums) when the aptitude buffs started stacking.

2) many people seem to be struggling with Magneto’s AAR reduction and how it interacts with nodes.

3) you’ve asked how the step up from UC to Cav EQ be double the health and attack rating. Just curious, but what’s the step up from Master to UC? Or Heroic to Master? Look it up. If it’s not a problem there, don’t see what the issue here is. Specifically regards to time taken to complete fights- I can only assume you’re doing something wrong if it’s taking you 5 mins per fight.

4) you finish by saying that this content isn’t necessary for 85% of the community. This is Cav level EQ designed for those that are Cavalier (and higher). Do these people make up 85% of the community? I guess I couldn’t really understand the point you were trying to make here.

Thanks for you actually discussing without insulting or making backhanded comments. I don't know why saying I didn't enjoy it caused an onslaught of angry, defensive people to say that I suck. Clearly, if I sucked, I couldn't have finished it. I guess I used 4-5 revives on the new bosses.

Buffed up sucks. Cosmic is my weakest class. I mean, I literally just pulled Medusa today. I had to use voodoo and his power burn phase a lot to finish lanes. R4 hyp and venom helped, but those lanes were loonnnggg. I just didn't the point for such long fights with such a weird node for the whole thing .

I'm pretty sure the matador thing should be a bug. The AAR shouldn't work against you.

From Master to UC, the PI looks to have increased double plus a little. From UC to Cav, it seems to be tripled. Not a bit much?

I thought the majority of the community were still relying heavily on 5*s. 6* shards and pulls aren't really very plentiful for low to non-spenders. That was kinda my point. When you
    Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it was perfect, but in a completely different direction to how you feel. Some of it felt too easy. But then rewards weren’t really that great either.

Thanks for you actually discussing without insulting or making backhanded comments. I don't know why saying I didn't enjoy it caused an onslaught of angry, defensive people to say that I suck. Clearly, if I sucked, I couldn't have finished it. I guess I used 4-5 revives on the new bosses.

Buffed up sucks. Cosmic is my weakest class. I mean, I literally just pulled Medusa today. I had to use voodoo and his power burn phase a lot to finish lanes. R4 hyp and venom helped, but those lanes were loonnnggg. I just didn't the point for such long fights with such a weird node for the whole thing . Diss track has a lot more options and is much more manageable.

I'm pretty sure the matador thing should be a bug. The AAR shouldn't work against you.

From Master to UC, the PI looks to have increased double plus a little. From UC to Cav, it seems to be tripled. Not a bit much?

I thought the majority of the community were still relying heavily on 5*s. 6* shards and pulls aren't really very plentiful for low to non-spenders. That was kinda my point

mydnight said:

Shamir51 said:

mydnight said:

A few ideas:

Buffed up sucks. Cosmic is my weakest class. I mean, I literally just pulled Medusa today. I had to use voodoo and his power burn phase a lot to finish lanes. R4 hyp and venom helped, but those lanes were loonnnggg. I just didn't the point for such long fights with such a weird node for the whole thing .

I thought the majority of the community were still relying heavily on 5*s. 6* shards and pulls aren't really very plentiful for low to non-spenders. That was kinda my point. When you

Buffed up sucks. Cosmic is my weakest class. I mean, I literally just pulled Medusa today. I had to use voodoo and his power burn phase a lot to finish lanes. R4 hyp and venom helped, but those lanes were loonnnggg. I just didn't the point for such long fights with such a weird node for the whole thing . Diss track has a lot more options and is much more manageable.

I thought the majority of the community were still relying heavily on 5*s. 6* shards and pulls aren't really very plentiful for low to non-spenders. That was kinda my point

you would be incorrect, AAR affects both negative and POSITIVE effect, it affects the defender and their nodes

Kabam commented on this exact issue back on the 5th:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/221239/is-the-magnetized-effect-bugged#latest

Hey there, i can confirm that ability accuracy can stop some nodes from activating and, while that can be helpful in many cases, it can occasionally prevent the helpful effects from a node as well.

• mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Wow, I missed that. Seems like they just don't want to fix a bug, but alright. I got it.
    @lormif
    mydnight said:

Wow, I missed that. Seems like they just don't want to fix a bug, but alright. I got it.
    @lormif

that has always been their stance. AAR affects nodes and defenders abilities, positive or negative. It is why it can prevent reversed controls, and other effects you plan arround, which makes you mess up. the only thing it does not affect is your abilities. And this is because nodes are considered modifications to the defenders abilities.